|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cassius feel about the chaos in the city when he is talking to Casca in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He loves it.
(b) He is angry about it.
(c) He has not noticed it at all.
(d) It makes him nervous.
2. What does Brutus think power would do to his friend Caesar?
(a) Put him in danger.
(b) Change him.
(c) Drive him insane.
(d) Make him whole.
3. How does Decius interpret Calpurnia's dream about Caesar's death?
(a) He will die when his mission has been fulfilled.
(b) He will give new life and vitality to Rome.
(c) His blood will renew Rome.
(d) He will be a wellspring of life and love for the Senate.
4. Why does Caesar choose to put off reading his letter from Artemidorus?
(a) He does not pay attention to personal matters before matters of the republic.
(b) He thinks Artemidorus is crazy.
(c) He wants to read it later in private.
(d) He does not want the other Senate leaders to think he is superstitious.
5. Who is the first person to warn Caesar of his assassination?
(a) A soothsayer.
6. Why is Portia so worried for her husband on the day of Caesar's assassination?
(a) She is nervous because of what the soothsayer told her.
(b) She had a dream.
(c) She has seen bad omens in the streets.
(d) She knows what he is about to do.
7. Who is the second person to speak to the crowd after Caesar's assassination?
(c) Marc Antony.
8. Where does Cicero talk to Casca when they first appear in the play?
(a) In an open field.
(b) At his house.
(c) In the Senate house.
(d) On the street.
9. What do the conspirators do after Caesar is dead before leaving the Senate House to explain this deed to the people?
(a) Bathe in Caesar's blood.
(b) Prepare a speech.
(c) Cleanse Caesar's body.
(d) Defile Caesar's body.
10. Who is most upset about the people's celebration of Caesar in Act 1, Scene 1?
(b) Marc Antony.
11. How did Cassius tempt the Gods to strike him with lightening?
(a) Disrespected his authoritative leaders.
(b) Defiled an altar to Venus.
(c) Bared his chest and roared at the heavens.
(d) Neglected his morning prayers.
12. Why is the cobbler not working at the beginning of the play?
(a) He completed all of his work.
(b) He has given himself a holiday.
(c) He has injured himself and is unable to work.
(d) He is using that day for religious observance.
13. What does Lucius find in Brutus's study just before Cassius comes to visit with Brutus?
(a) A knife.
(b) An anonymous letter.
(c) An edict from Caesar.
(d) A threat.
14. When did Cicero last see an owl when he is talking to Casca?
(b) Early Morning.
15. What does Caesar call the soothsayer in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A loyal subject.
(b) A dreamer.
(c) A stranger.
(d) A crazy man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last thing Brutus asks the crowd after Caesar's assassination?
2. Who does Cassius ask to deliver his false letters to Brutus?
3. What does Brutus say will result from Caesar's assassination?
4. What is Lucius's occupation?
5. Why is Cassius so surprised by what Popilus says to him as they enter the Senate House just before Caesar's assassination?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)