|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time do Cassius and Casca plan to go talk with Brutus after the first meeting of the conspirators?
(a) After the chiming of the evening bells.
(b) After midnight.
(d) Early morning.
2. What was Calpurnia's dream about Caesar the night before his assassination?
(a) He was beheaded.
(b) He fell into a mighty river and it ran red with blood.
(c) His statue was running with blood.
(d) The senate crucified him with his newly adorned crown.
3. What does Portia do in Act 2, Scene 4, on the day of Caesar's assassination?
(a) Sends Lucius to the Senate House.
(b) Sends a message to Calpurnia.
(d) Prepares a feast.
4. Which one of these does Cassius NOT call Caesar behind his back?
(a) A tyrant.
(b) A womanly personage.
(c) A small girl.
(d) Trash and rubbish.
5. What does Marc Antony say he is doing when he first addresses the crowd after Caesar's assassination?
(a) Remembering Caesar.
(b) Praising Caesar.
(c) Burying Caesar.
(d) Mourning Caesar.
6. Why does Cassius want Brutus to take part in his plan?
(a) Brutus is wise.
(b) Brutus is willing to do anything for honor.
(c) Caesar loves Brutus.
(d) Brutus is trusted by the people.
7. Why is Cassius so surprised by what Popilus says to him as they enter the Senate House just before Caesar's assassination?
(a) He thought Popilus would be more open.
(b) Cassius did not think Popilus knew about the conspiracy.
(c) Cassius thought Popilus was on Pompey's side.
(d) Cassius thought Popilus was a supporter of Caesar.
8. What does Marullus tell the people in the streets to do at the beginning of the play?
(a) Pray for thanks.
(b) Create an altar for Caesar.
(c) Go home and pray for forgiveness.
(d) Join him in his march to Rome to honor Caesar.
9. When did Cicero last see an owl when he is talking to Casca?
(b) Early Morning.
10. In Act 3, Scene 2, who/what does Brutus say he loved more than Caesar?
(d) The Senate.
11. Why does Caesar tell Decius about Calpurnia's dream about his death?
(a) He loves Decius.
(b) Decius pesters him with questions.
(c) Decius seems concerned, and Caesar wants to calm his fears.
(d) Decius calls him a coward.
12. Who enters Act 2, Scene 4 just as Lucius leaves for the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
(c) A soothsayer.
13. Who was Pompey before the civil war?
(a) Caesar's co-ruler.
(b) The leader of Egypt.
(c) A prominent senator.
(d) A soothsayer.
14. What do the conspirators do after Caesar is dead before leaving the Senate House to explain this deed to the people?
(a) Prepare a speech.
(b) Cleanse Caesar's body.
(c) Defile Caesar's body.
(d) Bathe in Caesar's blood.
15. How long has Brutus suffered with insomnia when Cassius comes to his house?
(a) A year.
(b) A month.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 2 weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cassius ask to deliver his false letters to Brutus?
2. What does Caesar tell Antony to do to his wife as he passes her in the street during his race at the celebration?
3. Why does Caesar want Antony to greet Calpurnia in a certain manner in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Who is the one person in this play who interprets a personal dream correctly?
5. What is Caesar celebrating in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)