|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Casca feel that Brutus needs to be part of their conspiracy?
(a) He is friends with Caesar.
(b) He is a wise man and will not act rashly.
(c) He is popular with the people.
(d) He is a diplomat and will calm hurt feelings.
2. How does Cassius feel about the chaos in the city when he is talking to Casca in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) It makes him nervous.
(b) He loves it.
(c) He is angry about it.
(d) He has not noticed it at all.
3. What does Caesar call the soothsayer in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A crazy man.
(b) A dreamer.
(c) A loyal subject.
(d) A stranger.
4. What does Popilus say to Cassius as he enters the Senate House just before Caesar's assassination?
(a) He wishes Cassius well in his endeavor.
(b) He urges him to reconsider.
(c) He greets him kindly and pretends to not know the plot ahead.
(d) He regrets not taking part in the impending plot.
5. Why does Antony want to meet with Brutus when he hears of Caesar's assassination?
(a) He wants a duel with Brutus.
(b) He needs someone to help him plan the funeral.
(c) He knows Brutus must have had a good reason.
(d) He feels that a lone conversation will be more beneficial.
6. Where does Cicero talk to Casca when they first appear in the play?
(a) At his house.
(b) On the street.
(c) In the Senate house.
(d) In an open field.
7. Who is the first person to address the crowd after Caesar's assassination?
(a) Marc Antony.
8. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Brutus refuse to do when he joins the conspiracy?
(a) Swear an oath.
(b) Be a part of the murder.
(c) Hold a knife.
(d) Plan the attack.
9. Why is Cassius so surprised by what Popilus says to him as they enter the Senate House just before Caesar's assassination?
(a) He thought Popilus would be more open.
(b) Cassius thought Popilus was a supporter of Caesar.
(c) Cassius thought Popilus was on Pompey's side.
(d) Cassius did not think Popilus knew about the conspiracy.
10. What does Caesar do when the conspirators all come to escort him to the Senate House in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Prays with them.
(b) Invites them in for wine.
(c) Thanks them for their friendship.
(d) Offers them some dinner.
11. Who did the people used to honor before Caesar?
(d) Marc Antony.
12. What does Calpurnia say that eventually convinces Caesar to stay at home in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) He can use her worries as an excuse.
(b) The crown will fit more comfortably on a day not laden with omens.
(c) The Senate will be more convinced that he is not a tyrant if he stays home.
(d) Antony can tell the Senate that Caesar is ill.
13. What about Cicero does Metellus think would add viability to their assassination plot?
(a) His compassionate nature.
(b) His great oratorical skills.
(c) His silver hairs.
(d) His great respect.
14. What does Metellus ask of Caesar on the day of Caesar's assassination?
(a) For a raise in pay for the Senators.
(b) For a public knowledge of the future war plans.
(c) For a day to be set apart to pay homage to Pompey.
(d) For his brother's banishment to be revoked.
15. How does Decius interpret Calpurnia's dream about Caesar's death?
(a) His blood will renew Rome.
(b) He will be a wellspring of life and love for the Senate.
(c) He will give new life and vitality to Rome.
(d) He will die when his mission has been fulfilled.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Brutus not running in the same race that Antony is at the celebration for?
2. How many hills are in Rome?
3. What time do Cassius and Casca plan to go talk with Brutus after the first meeting of the conspirators?
4. What is the soothsayer's response to Portia's question to him on the day of Caesar's assassination?
5. What are the conspirators going to do in Act 2, Scene 3 once they reach the Senate house after passing Artemidorus?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)