|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about Cassius makes Caesar so uncomfortable during the celebration in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) His angry demeanor.
(b) His quiet, contemplative look.
(c) His hungry look.
(d) His lack of eye contact.
2. Where is the first meeting of conspirators held?
(a) Pompey's amphitheatre.
(b) The senate house.
(c) The house of Cassius.
(d) A public square.
3. How many times did Caesar refuse the crown offered him by Antony?
4. Who enters Act 2, Scene 4 just as Lucius leaves for the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
(c) A soothsayer.
5. Where does Cicero talk to Casca when they first appear in the play?
(a) In an open field.
(b) At his house.
(c) In the Senate house.
(d) On the street.
6. What was the crowd's response to the last question Brutus asks after Caesar's assassination?
(a) The answers were mixed.
(d) They chant Caesar's name.
7. What does Caesar say would make him a coward after Calpurnia tells him her worries in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Fearing death.
(b) Not attending the senate.
(c) Heeding the words of a woman.
(d) Believing in superstitions.
8. Who leads Antony away from the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
9. What does Brutus compare Caesar to as he contemplates Caesar while alone in his garden?
(a) A serpent in an egg.
(b) A mad dog on a chain.
(c) A rooster in the hen house.
(d) A young eagle hatchling.
10. Why is Cassius so surprised by what Popilus says to him as they enter the Senate House just before Caesar's assassination?
(a) Cassius did not think Popilus knew about the conspiracy.
(b) Cassius thought Popilus was on Pompey's side.
(c) Cassius thought Popilus was a supporter of Caesar.
(d) He thought Popilus would be more open.
11. Why does Casca feel that Brutus needs to be part of their conspiracy?
(a) He is a wise man and will not act rashly.
(b) He is a diplomat and will calm hurt feelings.
(c) He is friends with Caesar.
(d) He is popular with the people.
12. Why does Cassius think Antony should be killed as well?
(a) He will kill them all out of vengeance.
(b) He is a foolish man who does not deserve power.
(c) It will prove the serious nature of their plot.
(d) He is a powerful friend of Caesar's.
13. How does Cassius feel about the chaos in the city when he is talking to Casca in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He is angry about it.
(b) He has not noticed it at all.
(c) It makes him nervous.
(d) He loves it.
14. In Act 1, Scene 2, how does Brutus say he feels about honor?
(a) He loves honor more than he fears death.
(b) He wants honor, but so much to kill for it.
(c) He hopes some honor will make his wife proud of him.
(d) He feels honor is subjective and frail.
15. Who did the people used to honor before Caesar?
(b) Marc Antony.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brutus personally promise Rome while alone in his backyard?
2. What does Metellus ask of Caesar on the day of Caesar's assassination?
3. What does Caesar call the soothsayer in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does Caesar do when the conspirators all come to escort him to the Senate House in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What does the man waiting for Caesar to leave his house give him on the day of his assassination?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)