|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time do the conspirators plan to kill Caesar?
(a) 8:00 p.m.
(b) 10:00 a.m.
(c) 12:00 noon.
(d) 8:00 a.m.
2. What is Lucius's occupation?
(a) Brutus' servant.
(b) A senator.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A teacher.
3. What was the crowd's response to the last question Brutus asks after Caesar's assassination?
(b) They chant Caesar's name.
(c) The answers were mixed.
4. Who is the second person to speak to the crowd after Caesar's assassination?
(a) Marc Antony.
5. What does Portia do in Act 2, Scene 4, on the day of Caesar's assassination?
(a) Prepares a feast.
(b) Sends Lucius to the Senate House.
(d) Sends a message to Calpurnia.
6. At the end of Act 1, what does Cassius think the recent strange happenings are a result of?
(a) A civil war in Rome.
(b) An assassination plot.
(c) A Rome with no leader.
(d) The impending crowning of Caesar.
7. Who is the only conspirator who is encouraging the plot to assassinate Caesar out of unselfish goals?
8. Where is the person who is waiting for Caesar on the day of his assassination standing when he leaves his house?
(a) In the public town square.
(b) On a stack of wood.
(c) In the street.
(d) At the gate.
9. How does Cassius feel about the chaos in the city when he is talking to Casca in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He is angry about it.
(b) It makes him nervous.
(c) He loves it.
(d) He has not noticed it at all.
10. What will happen if Caesar does not pay attention to what the man waiting for Caeser to leave his house gives him?
(a) Caesar will shed much blood before the day is out.
(b) The Senate will not lead well.
(c) Rome will fall.
(d) Caesar will die.
11. In Act 3, Scene 2, who/what does Brutus say he loved more than Caesar?
(a) The Senate.
12. What did the priests find in the sacrificed animal that make them tell Caesar to stay at home?
(a) No heart in the sacrificed animal.
(b) An unhealthy liver as a sign of impending sickness.
(c) An omen of death in the intestines.
(d) Crossed eyes in the animal indicating a devious plot.
13. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Brutus refuse to do when he joins the conspiracy?
(a) Plan the attack.
(b) Hold a knife.
(c) Swear an oath.
(d) Be a part of the murder.
14. What is the occupation of the man waiting for Caesar to leave his house on the day of his assassination?
(a) A soothsayer.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A teacher of Rhetoric.
(d) A senator.
15. What does Marullus tell the people in the streets to do at the beginning of the play?
(a) Join him in his march to Rome to honor Caesar.
(b) Pray for thanks.
(c) Create an altar for Caesar.
(d) Go home and pray for forgiveness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Portia ask of a soothsayer after Lucius leaves for the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
2. Why was the wound Brutus gave Caesar the worst of them all?
3. What does Brutus compare Caesar to as he contemplates Caesar while alone in his garden?
4. What day is Caesar assassinated?
5. Who leads Antony away from the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)