|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Act 1, what does Cassius think the recent strange happenings are a result of?
(a) An assassination plot.
(b) The impending crowning of Caesar.
(c) A Rome with no leader.
(d) A civil war in Rome.
2. What did the priests find in the sacrificed animal that make them tell Caesar to stay at home?
(a) An unhealthy liver as a sign of impending sickness.
(b) An omen of death in the intestines.
(c) Crossed eyes in the animal indicating a devious plot.
(d) No heart in the sacrificed animal.
3. What will happen to Brutus if his plan regarding the assassination fails?
(a) He will be banished.
(b) He will be tortured.
(c) His rank and riches will be taken away.
(d) He will be put to death.
4. How many times did Caesar refuse the crown offered him by Antony?
5. What does Antony read to the people as part of his eulogy for Caesar?
(a) His new plan for Rome.
(b) A letter to his wife while at war.
(c) A page from his journal.
(d) His will.
6. What is the occupation of the man waiting for Caesar to leave his house on the day of his assassination?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A teacher of Rhetoric.
(c) A soothsayer.
(d) A senator.
7. Why does Caesar tell Decius about Calpurnia's dream about his death?
(a) Decius calls him a coward.
(b) Decius seems concerned, and Caesar wants to calm his fears.
(c) Decius pesters him with questions.
(d) He loves Decius.
8. Who is the first person to warn Caesar of his assassination?
(d) A soothsayer.
9. What does Flavius think the civil unrest will do to Rome?
(a) Strengthen it.
(b) Weaken it.
(c) Educate it.
(d) Rid it of unneeded rulers.
10. In Act 1, Scene 2, how does Brutus say he feels about honor?
(a) He loves honor more than he fears death.
(b) He hopes some honor will make his wife proud of him.
(c) He feels honor is subjective and frail.
(d) He wants honor, but so much to kill for it.
11. What does Marc Antony ask the conspirators to let him do when he sees Caesar's dead body?
(a) Be alone with his friend for a moment.
(b) Deliver his eulogy.
(c) Tell his wife.
(d) Prepare his body for burial.
12. Why does Cassius want Brutus to take part in his plan?
(a) Brutus is willing to do anything for honor.
(b) Brutus is trusted by the people.
(c) Brutus is wise.
(d) Caesar loves Brutus.
13. Who was Pompey before the civil war?
(a) Caesar's co-ruler.
(b) A soothsayer.
(c) The leader of Egypt.
(d) A prominent senator.
14. What was Calpurnia's dream about Caesar the night before his assassination?
(a) He fell into a mighty river and it ran red with blood.
(b) The senate crucified him with his newly adorned crown.
(c) He was beheaded.
(d) His statue was running with blood.
15. How many hills are in Rome?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Cassius tempt the Gods to strike him with lightening?
2. What time do Cassius and Casca plan to go talk with Brutus after the first meeting of the conspirators?
3. Why is Portia so worried for her husband on the day of Caesar's assassination?
4. What does Caesar tell Antony to do to his wife as he passes her in the street during his race at the celebration?
5. According to Cicero, what is to blame for all of the recent strange happenings in Rome?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)