|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the other conspirators have suffered loss of sleep over the matter of Caesar's assassination?
2. What do the conspirators do after Caesar is dead before leaving the Senate House to explain this deed to the people?
(a) Prepare a speech.
(b) Bathe in Caesar's blood.
(c) Cleanse Caesar's body.
(d) Defile Caesar's body.
3. What does Marullus tell the people in the streets to do at the beginning of the play?
(a) Pray for thanks.
(b) Go home and pray for forgiveness.
(c) Create an altar for Caesar.
(d) Join him in his march to Rome to honor Caesar.
4. What is the soothsayer's response to Portia's question to him on the day of Caesar's assassination?
(a) The signs are currently mixed.
(b) Good and bad will be mingled.
(c) He does not know, but it will be good.
(d) He does not know, but it will be bad.
5. What is the last thing Brutus asks the crowd after Caesar's assassination?
(a) "Am I understood?"
(b) "Do you believe me?"
(c) "Have I offended you?"
(d) "Can you follow me?"
6. Who is the first person to address the crowd after Caesar's assassination?
(c) Marc Antony.
7. What happens to Caesar as Cassius and Brutus have their private discussion during the celebration in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He faints.
(b) He has an epileptic fit.
(c) He abdicates the throne.
(d) He is crowned king.
8. Why does Caesar tell Decius about Calpurnia's dream about his death?
(a) Decius calls him a coward.
(b) He loves Decius.
(c) Decius pesters him with questions.
(d) Decius seems concerned, and Caesar wants to calm his fears.
9. What does Marc Antony say he is doing when he first addresses the crowd after Caesar's assassination?
(a) Praising Caesar.
(b) Burying Caesar.
(c) Mourning Caesar.
(d) Remembering Caesar.
10. Why does Caesar want Antony to greet Calpurnia in a certain manner in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) To let her say goodbye to him.
(b) To show her she is loved.
(c) To cure her barrenness.
(d) To lift her low spirits.
11. Who does Marullus stop in the street at the beginning of the play?
12. What was Calpurnia's dream about Caesar the night before his assassination?
(a) The senate crucified him with his newly adorned crown.
(b) His statue was running with blood.
(c) He was beheaded.
(d) He fell into a mighty river and it ran red with blood.
13. What is Caesar celebrating in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The feast of Lupercal.
(b) His throngs of loyal followers.
(c) His victory over Pompey.
(d) His conquest in Rome.
14. Why does Cassius want Brutus to take part in his plan?
(a) Brutus is trusted by the people.
(b) Brutus is wise.
(c) Caesar loves Brutus.
(d) Brutus is willing to do anything for honor.
15. What do the conspirators shout when Caesar is dead?
(a) "His service in death is great indeed!"
(b) "Liberty! Freedom! Tyranny is dead!"
(c) "Thus will it be to all tyrants!"
(d) "It is done, and we are free."
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cassius think Antony should be killed as well?
2. What does Brutus personally promise Rome while alone in his backyard?
3. Why does Antony want to meet with Brutus when he hears of Caesar's assassination?
4. What about Cicero does Metellus think would add viability to their assassination plot?
5. How did Cassius tempt the Gods to strike him with lightening?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)