|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the soothsayer's response to Portia's question to him on the day of Caesar's assassination?
(a) He does not know, but it will be bad.
(b) Good and bad will be mingled.
(c) The signs are currently mixed.
(d) He does not know, but it will be good.
2. Why does Cassius think Antony should be killed as well?
(a) He is a foolish man who does not deserve power.
(b) He will kill them all out of vengeance.
(c) He is a powerful friend of Caesar's.
(d) It will prove the serious nature of their plot.
3. In Act 3, Scene 2, who/what does Brutus say he loved more than Caesar?
(c) The Senate.
4. What was the crowd's response to the last question Brutus asks after Caesar's assassination?
(a) They chant Caesar's name.
(c) The answers were mixed.
5. What does Caesar first notice when he wakes up on the day of his assassination?
(a) The stormy weather.
(b) It is oddly bright.
(c) He sees an owl in the daylight.
(d) A feeling of gloom.
6. What does Caesar say about the signs Calpurnia has seen of impending doom?
(a) They are figments of her imagination.
(b) He will risk the chance of death to uphold his honor.
(c) They could be meant for any man.
(d) He does not believe in signs.
7. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Brutus refuse to do when he joins the conspiracy?
(a) Hold a knife.
(b) Swear an oath.
(c) Plan the attack.
(d) Be a part of the murder.
8. Who did the people used to honor before Caesar?
(c) Marc Antony.
9. What does the second person to address the crowd after Caesar's assassination bring with him when he speaks to the crowd?
(a) Caesar's body.
(b) A vial of Caesar's blood.
(c) Caesar's crown.
(d) Caesar's sword.
10. How does Decius interpret Calpurnia's dream about Caesar's death?
(a) He will give new life and vitality to Rome.
(b) He will be a wellspring of life and love for the Senate.
(c) His blood will renew Rome.
(d) He will die when his mission has been fulfilled.
11. Who is the first person to warn Caesar of his assassination?
(b) A soothsayer.
12. When did Cicero last see an owl when he is talking to Casca?
(c) Early Morning.
13. What is the occupation of the man waiting for Caesar to leave his house on the day of his assassination?
(a) A teacher of Rhetoric.
(b) A soothsayer.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A senator.
14. What does Brutus offer the people if they do not agree with what he did for Rome by assassinating Caesar?
(a) To be stripped of his title as a senator.
(b) To serve the people as a slave.
(c) To be put to death.
(d) To be banished.
15. Which of these bad omens in Act 2, Scene 2 has Calpurnia NOT seen?
(a) Dead emerging from their graves.
(b) A naked warrior.
(c) A lion giving birth in the streets.
(d) Warriors fighting among the clouds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brutus personally promise Rome while alone in his backyard?
2. Where is Caesar returning from in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What are Caesar's last words before dying?
4. Who is the only conspirator who is encouraging the plot to assassinate Caesar out of unselfish goals?
5. What about Cicero does Metellus think would add viability to their assassination plot?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)