|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes the leader of the conspirators the day before the assassination?
2. What does Portia hope will happen at the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
(a) Her husband will escape the mob unharmed.
(b) Caesar will be crowned.
(c) Peace will prevail.
(d) Brutus will succeed.
3. Why does Brutus say he does not want to kill Antony?
(a) Antony will understand.
(b) Antony is too well-liked by the people to be murdered.
(c) Antony's power comes purely from his friendship with Caesar.
(d) Antony is a friend of the Republic.
4. Who is most upset about the people's celebration of Caesar in Act 1, Scene 1?
(d) Marc Antony.
5. What happens to Caesar as Cassius and Brutus have their private discussion during the celebration in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He abdicates the throne.
(b) He is crowned king.
(c) He has an epileptic fit.
(d) He faints.
6. What does Caesar say about the signs Calpurnia has seen of impending doom?
(a) They are figments of her imagination.
(b) He will risk the chance of death to uphold his honor.
(c) He does not believe in signs.
(d) They could be meant for any man.
7. Who does Marullus stop in the street at the beginning of the play?
8. What about Cicero does Metellus think would add viability to their assassination plot?
(a) His great respect.
(b) His great oratorical skills.
(c) His silver hairs.
(d) His compassionate nature.
9. What do Marullus and Flavius plan to do as they continue their march to the Capitol in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Hold prayer groups.
(b) Stay out of sight.
(c) Defend Pompey's honor.
(d) Break up groups of praisers for Ceasar.
10. Who leads Antony away from the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
11. Why is Cassius so surprised by what Popilus says to him as they enter the Senate House just before Caesar's assassination?
(a) He thought Popilus would be more open.
(b) Cassius thought Popilus was a supporter of Caesar.
(c) Cassius did not think Popilus knew about the conspiracy.
(d) Cassius thought Popilus was on Pompey's side.
12. What does Marc Antony ask the conspirators to let him do when he sees Caesar's dead body?
(a) Be alone with his friend for a moment.
(b) Prepare his body for burial.
(c) Deliver his eulogy.
(d) Tell his wife.
13. Who was Pompey before the civil war?
(a) The leader of Egypt.
(b) Caesar's co-ruler.
(c) A soothsayer.
(d) A prominent senator.
14. Why does Cassius think Antony should be killed as well?
(a) He will kill them all out of vengeance.
(b) He is a foolish man who does not deserve power.
(c) It will prove the serious nature of their plot.
(d) He is a powerful friend of Caesar's.
15. What is Casca so concerned about when he first meets Cicero in Act 1, Scene 3
(a) A curse.
(b) The lions in the forest.
(c) The battle brewing in Rome.
(d) The storm that rages about them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antony read to the people as part of his eulogy for Caesar?
2. Why does Casca feel that Brutus needs to be part of their conspiracy?
3. What job title does Flavius have at the beginning of the play?
4. When did Cicero last see an owl when he is talking to Casca?
5. Who is the first person to address the crowd after Caesar's assassination?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)