|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Portia do to prove she is strong enough to hear Brutus' secret?
(a) Swears an oath.
(b) Stabs herself in the leg.
(c) Tells Brutus an evil secret of her own.
(d) Cuts her finger.
2. Where is Caesar returning from in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) A building excavation of Rome.
(b) War with Pompey.
(c) Treaty talks with Greece.
(d) A trip to Egypt.
3. What time do the conspirators plan to kill Caesar?
(a) 8:00 a.m.
(b) 10:00 a.m.
(c) 8:00 p.m.
(d) 12:00 noon.
4. What does Antony read to the people as part of his eulogy for Caesar?
(a) His will.
(b) His new plan for Rome.
(c) A page from his journal.
(d) A letter to his wife while at war.
5. What will happen to Brutus if his plan regarding the assassination fails?
(a) His rank and riches will be taken away.
(b) He will be put to death.
(c) He will be banished.
(d) He will be tortured.
6. Which one of these does Cassius NOT call Caesar behind his back?
(a) A womanly personage.
(b) Trash and rubbish.
(c) A tyrant.
(d) A small girl.
7. What job title does Flavius have at the beginning of the play?
8. What does Caesar tell Antony to do to his wife as he passes her in the street during his race at the celebration?
(a) Smile kindly upon her.
(b) Bid her farewell.
(c) Speak kind words to her.
(d) Strike her with a goatskin thong.
9. What does Portia hope will happen at the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
(a) Brutus will succeed.
(b) Her husband will escape the mob unharmed.
(c) Caesar will be crowned.
(d) Peace will prevail.
10. What was Calpurnia's dream about Caesar the night before his assassination?
(a) He fell into a mighty river and it ran red with blood.
(b) The senate crucified him with his newly adorned crown.
(c) His statue was running with blood.
(d) He was beheaded.
11. Which of these bad omens in Act 2, Scene 2 has Calpurnia NOT seen?
(a) Warriors fighting among the clouds.
(b) Dead emerging from their graves.
(c) A lion giving birth in the streets.
(d) A naked warrior.
12. What does Brutus say will result from Caesar's assassination?
(a) Sick men will be made whole.
(b) Peace will reign in Rome.
(c) He will die a martyr.
(d) Rome will rejuvinate and conquer.
13. Why is Portia so worried for her husband on the day of Caesar's assassination?
(a) She is nervous because of what the soothsayer told her.
(b) She had a dream.
(c) She knows what he is about to do.
(d) She has seen bad omens in the streets.
14. What does Popilus say to Cassius as he enters the Senate House just before Caesar's assassination?
(a) He wishes Cassius well in his endeavor.
(b) He greets him kindly and pretends to not know the plot ahead.
(c) He urges him to reconsider.
(d) He regrets not taking part in the impending plot.
15. What happens to Caesar as Cassius and Brutus have their private discussion during the celebration in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He is crowned king.
(b) He faints.
(c) He has an epileptic fit.
(d) He abdicates the throne.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Cassius makes Caesar so uncomfortable during the celebration in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Who is waiting for Caesar when he leaves his house the day of his assassination?
3. Why does Antony want to meet with Brutus when he hears of Caesar's assassination?
4. What does the second person to address the crowd after Caesar's assassination bring with him when he speaks to the crowd?
5. Who enters Act 2, Scene 4 just as Lucius leaves for the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)