|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only conspirator who is encouraging the plot to assassinate Caesar out of unselfish goals?
2. What is Caesar's last warning of his impending doom on the day of his assassination?
(a) The priests' omens.
(b) Calpurnia's dream.
(c) Brutus' warning.
(d) Artemidrous' letter.
3. What does Calpurnia say that eventually convinces Caesar to stay at home in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Antony can tell the Senate that Caesar is ill.
(b) The Senate will be more convinced that he is not a tyrant if he stays home.
(c) The crown will fit more comfortably on a day not laden with omens.
(d) He can use her worries as an excuse.
4. What does Portia do in Act 2, Scene 4, on the day of Caesar's assassination?
(a) Sends a message to Calpurnia.
(b) Prepares a feast.
(c) Sends Lucius to the Senate House.
5. How did Cassius once save Caesar?
(a) He fought off a horde of angry men.
(b) He kept him from consuming poison.
(c) He uncovered a conspiracy for his assassination.
(d) He saved him from drowning.
6. How many hills are in Rome?
7. What does Decius say that immediately changes Caesar's decision about staying home the day of his assassination?
(a) The people are chanting his name in the streets.
(b) The Senate will crown him king.
(c) Marc Antony will be at the Senate House to protect him.
(d) The Senate has a special gift for Caesar that day.
8. Who is the second person to speak to the crowd after Caesar's assassination?
(b) Marc Antony.
9. In Act 3, Scene 2, who/what does Brutus say he loved more than Caesar?
(b) The Senate.
10. What does Flavius think the civil unrest will do to Rome?
(a) Rid it of unneeded rulers.
(b) Weaken it.
(c) Strengthen it.
(d) Educate it.
11. What are Caesar's last words before dying?
(a) "As the Gods would have it, let it be."
(b) "Even you, Brutus?"
(c) "Rome, oh my Rome."
(d) "The Ides of March- oh, the Ides of March."
12. Why does Lucius go to the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
(a) To ensure safe passage for Brutus.
(b) To distract Marc Antony.
(c) To help in the assassination.
(d) To check on Brutus and Caesar for Portia.
13. Which one of these does Cassius NOT call Caesar behind his back?
(a) A tyrant.
(b) A womanly personage.
(c) Trash and rubbish.
(d) A small girl.
14. What is Casca so concerned about when he first meets Cicero in Act 1, Scene 3
(a) The battle brewing in Rome.
(b) A curse.
(c) The storm that rages about them.
(d) The lions in the forest.
15. Which of the other conspirators have suffered loss of sleep over the matter of Caesar's assassination?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the priests find in the sacrificed animal that make them tell Caesar to stay at home?
2. How does Decius interpret Calpurnia's dream about Caesar's death?
3. What does the second person to address the crowd after Caesar's assassination bring with him when he speaks to the crowd?
4. Where is Caesar returning from in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Where does Cicero talk to Casca when they first appear in the play?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)