|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Caesar's last warning of his impending doom on the day of his assassination?
(a) Artemidrous' letter.
(b) The priests' omens.
(c) Calpurnia's dream.
(d) Brutus' warning.
2. What does Caesar say he is as constant as just before he is stabbed in the Senate House?
(a) The Gods.
(b) The rivers flowing to the ocean.
(c) The North Star.
(d) A faithful wife.
3. Why is Brutus not running in the same race that Antony is at the celebration for?
(a) He is wary of Ceasar.
(b) He is not a sportsman.
(c) His wife asked him not to.
(d) He is not well.
4. What does Brutus say will result from Caesar's assassination?
(a) Sick men will be made whole.
(b) He will die a martyr.
(c) Peace will reign in Rome.
(d) Rome will rejuvinate and conquer.
5. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Brutus refuse to do when he joins the conspiracy?
(a) Be a part of the murder.
(b) Swear an oath.
(c) Plan the attack.
(d) Hold a knife.
6. What does Brutus personally promise Rome while alone in his backyard?
(a) To follow his heart.
(b) To protect Caesar from harm.
(c) To do what is wanted by the people.
(d) To take Caesar out of power.
7. How many hills are in Rome?
8. What does Caesar say would make him a coward after Calpurnia tells him her worries in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Heeding the words of a woman.
(b) Fearing death.
(c) Believing in superstitions.
(d) Not attending the senate.
9. What does Caesar do when the conspirators all come to escort him to the Senate House in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Invites them in for wine.
(b) Thanks them for their friendship.
(c) Offers them some dinner.
(d) Prays with them.
10. How long has Brutus suffered with insomnia when Cassius comes to his house?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 2 months.
(c) A month.
(d) A year.
11. Why was the wound Brutus gave Caesar the worst of them all?
(a) He re-opened an old war wound.
(b) It was the last blow he would ever have on earth.
(c) He broke his heart.
(d) He plunged the deepest.
12. Who does Cassius ask to deliver his false letters to Brutus?
13. What does the man waiting for Caesar to leave his house give him on the day of his assassination?
(a) A tribute.
(b) A letter.
(c) A talisman.
(d) A picture.
14. Where is the person who is waiting for Caesar on the day of his assassination standing when he leaves his house?
(a) In the public town square.
(b) At the gate.
(c) On a stack of wood.
(d) In the street.
15. What will happen to Brutus if his plan regarding the assassination fails?
(a) He will be put to death.
(b) He will be tortured.
(c) His rank and riches will be taken away.
(d) He will be banished.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Cassius once save Caesar?
2. What is Casca so concerned about when he first meets Cicero in Act 1, Scene 3
3. Who else has given Caesar a letter on the day of his assassination?
4. What about Cicero does Metellus think would add viability to their assassination plot?
5. Where does Cicero talk to Casca when they first appear in the play?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)