|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last thing Brutus asks the crowd after Caesar's assassination?
(a) "Am I understood?"
(b) "Can you follow me?"
(c) "Do you believe me?"
(d) "Have I offended you?"
2. What does Brutus offer the people if they do not agree with what he did for Rome by assassinating Caesar?
(a) To be put to death.
(b) To serve the people as a slave.
(c) To be stripped of his title as a senator.
(d) To be banished.
3. What do the conspirators do after Caesar is dead before leaving the Senate House to explain this deed to the people?
(a) Bathe in Caesar's blood.
(b) Cleanse Caesar's body.
(c) Defile Caesar's body.
(d) Prepare a speech.
4. Why are these superstitions in Act 2, Scene 2 so odd to hear from Calpurnia?
(a) She rarely speaks to Caeser anymore.
(b) She knows Caesar will not listen to her.
(c) She has never been superstitious before.
(d) She does not love her husband any more.
5. What is the occupation of the man waiting for Caesar to leave his house on the day of his assassination?
(a) A soothsayer.
(b) A senator.
(c) A teacher of Rhetoric.
(d) A soldier.
6. What are the conspirators going to do in Act 2, Scene 3 once they reach the Senate house after passing Artemidorus?
(a) Pay tribute to Caesar.
(b) Crown Caesar.
(c) Kill Caesar.
(d) Banish Caesar.
7. Who is waiting for Caesar when he leaves his house the day of his assassination?
(c) Marc Antony.
8. What are Caesar's last words before dying?
(a) "Rome, oh my Rome."
(b) "The Ides of March- oh, the Ides of March."
(c) "As the Gods would have it, let it be."
(d) "Even you, Brutus?"
9. Who leads Antony away from the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
10. What does Portia hope will happen at the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
(a) Her husband will escape the mob unharmed.
(b) Caesar will be crowned.
(c) Peace will prevail.
(d) Brutus will succeed.
11. What time do Cassius and Casca plan to go talk with Brutus after the first meeting of the conspirators?
(a) After midnight.
(b) After the chiming of the evening bells.
(d) Early morning.
12. Why does Lucius go to the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
(a) To check on Brutus and Caesar for Portia.
(b) To ensure safe passage for Brutus.
(c) To distract Marc Antony.
(d) To help in the assassination.
13. What will happen if Caesar does not pay attention to what the man waiting for Caeser to leave his house gives him?
(a) Caesar will die.
(b) Rome will fall.
(c) Caesar will shed much blood before the day is out.
(d) The Senate will not lead well.
14. Who is the second person to speak to the crowd after Caesar's assassination?
(a) Marc Antony.
15. What does a soothsayer tell Caesar in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) "Honor to our great warrior."
(b) "Beware the Ides of March."
(c) "Kindness begets power and glory."
(d) "Your wife shall bear thee a son."
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 2, how does Brutus say he feels about honor?
2. How did Cassius tempt the Gods to strike him with lightening?
3. How many times did Caesar refuse the crown offered him by Antony?
4. What does Brutus compare Caesar to as he contemplates Caesar while alone in his garden?
5. What is the soothsayer's response to Portia's question to him on the day of Caesar's assassination?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)