|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these bad omens in Act 2, Scene 2 has Calpurnia NOT seen?
(a) A lion giving birth in the streets.
(b) A naked warrior.
(c) Warriors fighting among the clouds.
(d) Dead emerging from their graves.
2. Who is waiting for Caesar when he leaves his house the day of his assassination?
(d) Marc Antony.
3. How did Cassius once save Caesar?
(a) He fought off a horde of angry men.
(b) He kept him from consuming poison.
(c) He uncovered a conspiracy for his assassination.
(d) He saved him from drowning.
4. What time do Cassius and Casca plan to go talk with Brutus after the first meeting of the conspirators?
(b) Early morning.
(c) After midnight.
(d) After the chiming of the evening bells.
5. What happens to Caesar as Cassius and Brutus have their private discussion during the celebration in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He has an epileptic fit.
(b) He is crowned king.
(c) He abdicates the throne.
(d) He faints.
6. Who enters Act 2, Scene 4 just as Lucius leaves for the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
(a) A soothsayer.
7. What does Caesar say he is as constant as just before he is stabbed in the Senate House?
(a) A faithful wife.
(b) The rivers flowing to the ocean.
(c) The Gods.
(d) The North Star.
8. What does Portia hope will happen at the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
(a) Caesar will be crowned.
(b) Brutus will succeed.
(c) Peace will prevail.
(d) Her husband will escape the mob unharmed.
9. Why is Cassius so surprised by what Popilus says to him as they enter the Senate House just before Caesar's assassination?
(a) Cassius thought Popilus was a supporter of Caesar.
(b) Cassius did not think Popilus knew about the conspiracy.
(c) Cassius thought Popilus was on Pompey's side.
(d) He thought Popilus would be more open.
10. What does Marullus ask the people he stops in the street at the beginning of the play?
(a) Where they are all going.
(b) What he should take to Ceasar as a tribute.
(c) How to find Caesar.
(d) Why they are not working.
11. Why does Caesar want Antony to greet Calpurnia in a certain manner in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) To show her she is loved.
(b) To cure her barrenness.
(c) To let her say goodbye to him.
(d) To lift her low spirits.
12. What does Marullus tell the people in the streets to do at the beginning of the play?
(a) Join him in his march to Rome to honor Caesar.
(b) Create an altar for Caesar.
(c) Go home and pray for forgiveness.
(d) Pray for thanks.
13. What does the second person to address the crowd after Caesar's assassination bring with him when he speaks to the crowd?
(a) Caesar's sword.
(b) A vial of Caesar's blood.
(c) Caesar's crown.
(d) Caesar's body.
14. What does Portia do to prove she is strong enough to hear Brutus' secret?
(a) Tells Brutus an evil secret of her own.
(b) Swears an oath.
(c) Stabs herself in the leg.
(d) Cuts her finger.
15. What are Caesar's last words before dying?
(a) "As the Gods would have it, let it be."
(b) "Rome, oh my Rome."
(c) "Even you, Brutus?"
(d) "The Ides of March- oh, the Ides of March."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caesar call the soothsayer in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What does Brutus compare Caesar to as he contemplates Caesar while alone in his garden?
3. What was the crowd's response to the last question Brutus asks after Caesar's assassination?
4. Where does Cicero talk to Casca when they first appear in the play?
5. What is the last thing Brutus asks the crowd after Caesar's assassination?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)