|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will happen to Brutus if his plan regarding the assassination fails?
(a) He will be put to death.
(b) He will be tortured.
(c) He will be banished.
(d) His rank and riches will be taken away.
2. What does Caesar say about the signs Calpurnia has seen of impending doom?
(a) He does not believe in signs.
(b) They are figments of her imagination.
(c) They could be meant for any man.
(d) He will risk the chance of death to uphold his honor.
3. What does Marullus tell the people in the streets to do at the beginning of the play?
(a) Pray for thanks.
(b) Create an altar for Caesar.
(c) Go home and pray for forgiveness.
(d) Join him in his march to Rome to honor Caesar.
4. How does Decius interpret Calpurnia's dream about Caesar's death?
(a) He will be a wellspring of life and love for the Senate.
(b) He will give new life and vitality to Rome.
(c) He will die when his mission has been fulfilled.
(d) His blood will renew Rome.
5. What does Portia hope will happen at the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
(a) Her husband will escape the mob unharmed.
(b) Brutus will succeed.
(c) Caesar will be crowned.
(d) Peace will prevail.
6. What does Brutus personally promise Rome while alone in his backyard?
(a) To protect Caesar from harm.
(b) To do what is wanted by the people.
(c) To take Caesar out of power.
(d) To follow his heart.
7. Who is the first person to address the crowd after Caesar's assassination?
(b) Marc Antony.
8. According to Cicero, what is to blame for all of the recent strange happenings in Rome?
(a) A punishment for cruel dealings.
(b) A civil dispute in the Heavens.
(c) An omen of good things to come.
(d) A cursed nation.
9. What does the man waiting for Caesar to leave his house give him on the day of his assassination?
(a) A picture.
(b) A letter.
(c) A talisman.
(d) A tribute.
10. What does Caesar first notice when he wakes up on the day of his assassination?
(a) It is oddly bright.
(b) He sees an owl in the daylight.
(c) The stormy weather.
(d) A feeling of gloom.
11. Who is the second person to speak to the crowd after Caesar's assassination?
(b) Marc Antony.
12. Who is most upset about the people's celebration of Caesar in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Marc Antony.
13. Who is waiting for Caesar when he leaves his house the day of his assassination?
(a) Marc Antony.
14. Where does Cicero talk to Casca when they first appear in the play?
(a) In an open field.
(b) In the Senate house.
(c) On the street.
(d) At his house.
15. What about Cassius makes Caesar so uncomfortable during the celebration in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) His lack of eye contact.
(b) His hungry look.
(c) His angry demeanor.
(d) His quiet, contemplative look.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cassius ask to deliver his false letters to Brutus?
2. What are the conspirators going to do in Act 2, Scene 3 once they reach the Senate house after passing Artemidorus?
3. What do the conspirators do after Caesar is dead before leaving the Senate House to explain this deed to the people?
4. How many hills are in Rome?
5. What does Antony read to the people as part of his eulogy for Caesar?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)