|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brutus offer the people if they do not agree with what he did for Rome by assassinating Caesar?
(a) To be banished.
(b) To serve the people as a slave.
(c) To be put to death.
(d) To be stripped of his title as a senator.
2. Where does Cicero talk to Casca when they first appear in the play?
(a) On the street.
(b) At his house.
(c) In the Senate house.
(d) In an open field.
3. Why is the cobbler not working at the beginning of the play?
(a) He is using that day for religious observance.
(b) He has injured himself and is unable to work.
(c) He has given himself a holiday.
(d) He completed all of his work.
4. What does Brutus think power would do to his friend Caesar?
(a) Put him in danger.
(b) Change him.
(c) Make him whole.
(d) Drive him insane.
5. What does Marullus ask the people he stops in the street at the beginning of the play?
(a) How to find Caesar.
(b) Why they are not working.
(c) Where they are all going.
(d) What he should take to Ceasar as a tribute.
6. Who did the people used to honor before Caesar?
(a) Marc Antony.
7. Where is the person who is waiting for Caesar on the day of his assassination standing when he leaves his house?
(a) In the public town square.
(b) In the street.
(c) At the gate.
(d) On a stack of wood.
8. Who is the second person to speak to the crowd after Caesar's assassination?
(c) Marc Antony.
9. What happens to Caesar as Cassius and Brutus have their private discussion during the celebration in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He is crowned king.
(b) He has an epileptic fit.
(c) He abdicates the throne.
(d) He faints.
10. What does the second person to address the crowd after Caesar's assassination bring with him when he speaks to the crowd?
(a) Caesar's crown.
(b) A vial of Caesar's blood.
(c) Caesar's body.
(d) Caesar's sword.
11. What does Marullus tell the people in the streets to do at the beginning of the play?
(a) Join him in his march to Rome to honor Caesar.
(b) Go home and pray for forgiveness.
(c) Pray for thanks.
(d) Create an altar for Caesar.
12. What is Lucius's occupation?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A senator.
(c) A teacher.
(d) Brutus' servant.
13. Why was the wound Brutus gave Caesar the worst of them all?
(a) He broke his heart.
(b) He plunged the deepest.
(c) He re-opened an old war wound.
(d) It was the last blow he would ever have on earth.
14. How did Cassius tempt the Gods to strike him with lightening?
(a) Disrespected his authoritative leaders.
(b) Defiled an altar to Venus.
(c) Neglected his morning prayers.
(d) Bared his chest and roared at the heavens.
15. What does Marc Antony ask the conspirators to let him do when he sees Caesar's dead body?
(a) Tell his wife.
(b) Be alone with his friend for a moment.
(c) Deliver his eulogy.
(d) Prepare his body for burial.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caesar do when the conspirators all come to escort him to the Senate House in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What does Caesar first notice when he wakes up on the day of his assassination?
3. Who enters Act 2, Scene 4 just as Lucius leaves for the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
4. Why does Caesar want Antony to greet Calpurnia in a certain manner in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What does Portia do to prove she is strong enough to hear Brutus' secret?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)