|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marc Antony ask the conspirators to let him do when he sees Caesar's dead body?
(a) Tell his wife.
(b) Be alone with his friend for a moment.
(c) Deliver his eulogy.
(d) Prepare his body for burial.
2. What does Caesar say he is as constant as just before he is stabbed in the Senate House?
(a) The Gods.
(b) A faithful wife.
(c) The North Star.
(d) The rivers flowing to the ocean.
3. What is Caesar celebrating in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) His conquest in Rome.
(b) The feast of Lupercal.
(c) His victory over Pompey.
(d) His throngs of loyal followers.
4. What was the crowd's response to the last question Brutus asks after Caesar's assassination?
(a) The answers were mixed.
(c) They chant Caesar's name.
5. Who enters Act 2, Scene 4 just as Lucius leaves for the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
(a) A soothsayer.
6. Which of the other conspirators have suffered loss of sleep over the matter of Caesar's assassination?
7. What does Marullus tell the people in the streets to do at the beginning of the play?
(a) Join him in his march to Rome to honor Caesar.
(b) Pray for thanks.
(c) Go home and pray for forgiveness.
(d) Create an altar for Caesar.
8. What does Caesar say about the signs Calpurnia has seen of impending doom?
(a) They are figments of her imagination.
(b) He will risk the chance of death to uphold his honor.
(c) He does not believe in signs.
(d) They could be meant for any man.
9. What does Popilus say to Cassius as he enters the Senate House just before Caesar's assassination?
(a) He urges him to reconsider.
(b) He regrets not taking part in the impending plot.
(c) He greets him kindly and pretends to not know the plot ahead.
(d) He wishes Cassius well in his endeavor.
10. What time do the conspirators plan to kill Caesar?
(a) 8:00 a.m.
(b) 10:00 a.m.
(c) 8:00 p.m.
(d) 12:00 noon.
11. Why does Cassius want Brutus to take part in his plan?
(a) Caesar loves Brutus.
(b) Brutus is willing to do anything for honor.
(c) Brutus is wise.
(d) Brutus is trusted by the people.
12. At the end of Act 1, what does Cassius think the recent strange happenings are a result of?
(a) An assassination plot.
(b) A Rome with no leader.
(c) The impending crowning of Caesar.
(d) A civil war in Rome.
13. What time do Cassius and Casca plan to go talk with Brutus after the first meeting of the conspirators?
(b) After the chiming of the evening bells.
(c) Early morning.
(d) After midnight.
14. Who does Marullus stop in the street at the beginning of the play?
15. What do the conspirators shout when Caesar is dead?
(a) "Thus will it be to all tyrants!"
(b) "It is done, and we are free."
(c) "Liberty! Freedom! Tyranny is dead!"
(d) "His service in death is great indeed!"
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man waiting for Caesar to leave his house say about virtue?
2. How does Antony refer to the conspirators while he is giving his eulogy on Caesar to the crowd?
3. What does Calpurnia say that eventually convinces Caesar to stay at home in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What does Brutus offer the people if they do not agree with what he did for Rome by assassinating Caesar?
5. What will happen to Brutus if his plan regarding the assassination fails?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)