|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Caesar's last warning of his impending doom on the day of his assassination?
(a) Calpurnia's dream.
(b) The priests' omens.
(c) Artemidrous' letter.
(d) Brutus' warning.
2. Who does Cassius ask to deliver his false letters to Brutus?
3. What does Caesar say he is as constant as just before he is stabbed in the Senate House?
(a) The rivers flowing to the ocean.
(b) The Gods.
(c) The North Star.
(d) A faithful wife.
4. Who leads Antony away from the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
5. What does the man waiting for Caesar to leave his house say about virtue?
(a) The last shreds of virute in Rome will be destroyed that day.
(b) There will always be envious people trying to destroy it.
(c) Caesar is the last man alive who has it.
(d) It is a dead form.
6. What are the conspirators going to do in Act 2, Scene 3 once they reach the Senate house after passing Artemidorus?
(a) Crown Caesar.
(b) Pay tribute to Caesar.
(c) Kill Caesar.
(d) Banish Caesar.
7. How does Antony refer to the conspirators while he is giving his eulogy on Caesar to the crowd?
(b) Honorable men.
(c) Servants and friends of Rome.
(d) Misguided fools.
8. What does the second person to address the crowd after Caesar's assassination bring with him when he speaks to the crowd?
(a) A vial of Caesar's blood.
(b) Caesar's sword.
(c) Caesar's body.
(d) Caesar's crown.
9. What does Portia do to prove she is strong enough to hear Brutus' secret?
(a) Cuts her finger.
(b) Stabs herself in the leg.
(c) Tells Brutus an evil secret of her own.
(d) Swears an oath.
10. Where does Cicero talk to Casca when they first appear in the play?
(a) In an open field.
(b) In the Senate house.
(c) At his house.
(d) On the street.
11. What does Popilus say to Cassius as he enters the Senate House just before Caesar's assassination?
(a) He greets him kindly and pretends to not know the plot ahead.
(b) He urges him to reconsider.
(c) He regrets not taking part in the impending plot.
(d) He wishes Cassius well in his endeavor.
12. Who else has given Caesar a letter on the day of his assassination?
(d) Marc Antony.
13. How does Cassius feel about the chaos in the city when he is talking to Casca in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He is angry about it.
(b) He loves it.
(c) He has not noticed it at all.
(d) It makes him nervous.
14. What does Brutus say will result from Caesar's assassination?
(a) Rome will rejuvinate and conquer.
(b) Sick men will be made whole.
(c) He will die a martyr.
(d) Peace will reign in Rome.
15. What is Lucius's occupation?
(a) Brutus' servant.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A senator.
(d) A teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Marullus stop in the street at the beginning of the play?
2. Why does Caesar want Antony to greet Calpurnia in a certain manner in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What does Marullus tell the people in the streets to do at the beginning of the play?
4. What are Caesar's last words before dying?
5. What about Cassius makes Caesar so uncomfortable during the celebration in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)