|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Cassius once save Caesar?
(a) He kept him from consuming poison.
(b) He uncovered a conspiracy for his assassination.
(c) He fought off a horde of angry men.
(d) He saved him from drowning.
2. What does Marc Antony say he is doing when he first addresses the crowd after Caesar's assassination?
(a) Praising Caesar.
(b) Remembering Caesar.
(c) Burying Caesar.
(d) Mourning Caesar.
3. At the end of Act 1, what does Cassius think the recent strange happenings are a result of?
(a) A civil war in Rome.
(b) An assassination plot.
(c) A Rome with no leader.
(d) The impending crowning of Caesar.
4. Which of these bad omens in Act 2, Scene 2 has Calpurnia NOT seen?
(a) Warriors fighting among the clouds.
(b) A lion giving birth in the streets.
(c) A naked warrior.
(d) Dead emerging from their graves.
5. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Brutus refuse to do when he joins the conspiracy?
(a) Swear an oath.
(b) Be a part of the murder.
(c) Plan the attack.
(d) Hold a knife.
6. What was Calpurnia's dream about Caesar the night before his assassination?
(a) His statue was running with blood.
(b) The senate crucified him with his newly adorned crown.
(c) He fell into a mighty river and it ran red with blood.
(d) He was beheaded.
7. What happens to Caesar as Cassius and Brutus have their private discussion during the celebration in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He faints.
(b) He is crowned king.
(c) He abdicates the throne.
(d) He has an epileptic fit.
8. What does Antony read to the people as part of his eulogy for Caesar?
(a) His new plan for Rome.
(b) His will.
(c) A page from his journal.
(d) A letter to his wife while at war.
9. In Act 3, Scene 2, who/what does Brutus say he loved more than Caesar?
(b) The Senate.
10. What is the last thing Brutus asks the crowd after Caesar's assassination?
(a) "Do you believe me?"
(b) "Can you follow me?"
(c) "Am I understood?"
(d) "Have I offended you?"
11. Who is the first person to address the crowd after Caesar's assassination?
(d) Marc Antony.
12. What does Brutus offer the people if they do not agree with what he did for Rome by assassinating Caesar?
(a) To be banished.
(b) To be put to death.
(c) To serve the people as a slave.
(d) To be stripped of his title as a senator.
13. What does Caesar say he is as constant as just before he is stabbed in the Senate House?
(a) The rivers flowing to the ocean.
(b) The North Star.
(c) A faithful wife.
(d) The Gods.
14. Who is the one person in this play who interprets a personal dream correctly?
15. What do the conspirators do after Caesar is dead before leaving the Senate House to explain this deed to the people?
(a) Bathe in Caesar's blood.
(b) Defile Caesar's body.
(c) Cleanse Caesar's body.
(d) Prepare a speech.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Cassius tempt the Gods to strike him with lightening?
2. In Act 1, Scene 2, how does Brutus say he feels about honor?
3. When did Cicero last see an owl when he is talking to Casca?
4. Which one of these does Cassius NOT call Caesar behind his back?
5. Who did the people used to honor before Caesar?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)