|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caesar call the soothsayer in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A dreamer.
(b) A crazy man.
(c) A loyal subject.
(d) A stranger.
2. What does Brutus say Caesar would have done to the people of Rome had he been allowed to live?
(a) Led them to unending war.
(b) Tax them to death.
(c) Turn them into slaves.
(d) Take advantage of their trust and loyalty.
3. Why does Lucius go to the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
(a) To help in the assassination.
(b) To distract Marc Antony.
(c) To ensure safe passage for Brutus.
(d) To check on Brutus and Caesar for Portia.
4. Who is the second person to speak to the crowd after Caesar's assassination?
(a) Marc Antony.
5. What day is Caesar assassinated?
(a) His birthday.
(b) The day of Feasting.
(c) The Ides of March.
(d) Venus's birthday.
6. What happens to Caesar as Cassius and Brutus have their private discussion during the celebration in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He abdicates the throne.
(b) He has an epileptic fit.
(c) He is crowned king.
(d) He faints.
7. Which of these bad omens in Act 2, Scene 2 has Calpurnia NOT seen?
(a) A lion giving birth in the streets.
(b) Dead emerging from their graves.
(c) Warriors fighting among the clouds.
(d) A naked warrior.
8. What does the man waiting for Caesar to leave his house give him on the day of his assassination?
(a) A picture.
(b) A letter.
(c) A talisman.
(d) A tribute.
9. When did Cicero last see an owl when he is talking to Casca?
(a) Early Morning.
10. Who leads Antony away from the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
11. How long has Brutus suffered with insomnia when Cassius comes to his house?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) A year.
(c) A month.
(d) 2 months.
12. What was the crowd's response to the last question Brutus asks after Caesar's assassination?
(a) The answers were mixed.
(d) They chant Caesar's name.
13. What does Caesar do when the conspirators all come to escort him to the Senate House in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Prays with them.
(b) Thanks them for their friendship.
(c) Invites them in for wine.
(d) Offers them some dinner.
14. Who is the only conspirator who is encouraging the plot to assassinate Caesar out of unselfish goals?
15. What does Marullus tell the people in the streets to do at the beginning of the play?
(a) Pray for thanks.
(b) Join him in his march to Rome to honor Caesar.
(c) Go home and pray for forgiveness.
(d) Create an altar for Caesar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Portia so worried for her husband on the day of Caesar's assassination?
2. Why does Cassius think Antony should be killed as well?
3. Where is the person who is waiting for Caesar on the day of his assassination standing when he leaves his house?
4. What does Metellus ask of Caesar on the day of Caesar's assassination?
5. How does Cassius feel about the chaos in the city when he is talking to Casca in Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)