|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 3, Scene 2, who/what does Brutus say he loved more than Caesar?
(c) The Senate.
2. What is the last thing Brutus asks the crowd after Caesar's assassination?
(a) "Have I offended you?"
(b) "Do you believe me?"
(c) "Can you follow me?"
(d) "Am I understood?"
3. Which one of these does Cassius NOT call Caesar behind his back?
(a) A womanly personage.
(b) A tyrant.
(c) Trash and rubbish.
(d) A small girl.
4. Who did the people used to honor before Caesar?
(d) Marc Antony.
5. How many hills are in Rome?
6. Who is the only conspirator who is encouraging the plot to assassinate Caesar out of unselfish goals?
7. What does Brutus think power would do to his friend Caesar?
(a) Make him whole.
(b) Put him in danger.
(c) Drive him insane.
(d) Change him.
8. What does Caesar tell Antony to do to his wife as he passes her in the street during his race at the celebration?
(a) Strike her with a goatskin thong.
(b) Speak kind words to her.
(c) Bid her farewell.
(d) Smile kindly upon her.
9. What is the soothsayer's response to Portia's question to him on the day of Caesar's assassination?
(a) He does not know, but it will be bad.
(b) Good and bad will be mingled.
(c) He does not know, but it will be good.
(d) The signs are currently mixed.
10. What does Brutus offer the people if they do not agree with what he did for Rome by assassinating Caesar?
(a) To be banished.
(b) To be put to death.
(c) To be stripped of his title as a senator.
(d) To serve the people as a slave.
11. Where does Cicero talk to Casca when they first appear in the play?
(a) At his house.
(b) In an open field.
(c) On the street.
(d) In the Senate house.
12. What was Calpurnia's dream about Caesar the night before his assassination?
(a) He was beheaded.
(b) His statue was running with blood.
(c) He fell into a mighty river and it ran red with blood.
(d) The senate crucified him with his newly adorned crown.
13. What does Decius say that immediately changes Caesar's decision about staying home the day of his assassination?
(a) The Senate has a special gift for Caesar that day.
(b) The Senate will crown him king.
(c) Marc Antony will be at the Senate House to protect him.
(d) The people are chanting his name in the streets.
14. Who is the one person in this play who interprets a personal dream correctly?
15. Who is Caesar's closest friend?
(d) Marc Antony.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Portia so worried for her husband on the day of Caesar's assassination?
2. What happens to Caesar as Cassius and Brutus have their private discussion during the celebration in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What does Calpurnia say that eventually convinces Caesar to stay at home in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What does Portia ask of a soothsayer after Lucius leaves for the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
5. How many times did Caesar refuse the crown offered him by Antony?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)