|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caesar tell Antony to do to his wife as he passes her in the street during his race at the celebration?
(a) Strike her with a goatskin thong.
(b) Bid her farewell.
(c) Smile kindly upon her.
(d) Speak kind words to her.
2. Who is Caesar's closest friend?
(b) Marc Antony.
3. What does Caesar call the soothsayer in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A stranger.
(b) A dreamer.
(c) A loyal subject.
(d) A crazy man.
4. What is Caesar celebrating in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) His throngs of loyal followers.
(b) His conquest in Rome.
(c) The feast of Lupercal.
(d) His victory over Pompey.
5. Why does Antony want to meet with Brutus when he hears of Caesar's assassination?
(a) He feels that a lone conversation will be more beneficial.
(b) He needs someone to help him plan the funeral.
(c) He knows Brutus must have had a good reason.
(d) He wants a duel with Brutus.
6. What are the conspirators going to do in Act 2, Scene 3 once they reach the Senate house after passing Artemidorus?
(a) Banish Caesar.
(b) Crown Caesar.
(c) Pay tribute to Caesar.
(d) Kill Caesar.
7. What are Caesar's last words before dying?
(a) "Even you, Brutus?"
(b) "The Ides of March- oh, the Ides of March."
(c) "As the Gods would have it, let it be."
(d) "Rome, oh my Rome."
8. Who does Cassius ask to deliver his false letters to Brutus?
9. Who was Pompey before the civil war?
(a) Caesar's co-ruler.
(b) A soothsayer.
(c) The leader of Egypt.
(d) A prominent senator.
10. Who enters Act 2, Scene 4 just as Lucius leaves for the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
(a) A soothsayer.
11. What about Cicero does Metellus think would add viability to their assassination plot?
(a) His silver hairs.
(b) His great oratorical skills.
(c) His great respect.
(d) His compassionate nature.
12. How many times did Caesar refuse the crown offered him by Antony?
13. What do the conspirators shout when Caesar is dead?
(a) "Thus will it be to all tyrants!"
(b) "His service in death is great indeed!"
(c) "Liberty! Freedom! Tyranny is dead!"
(d) "It is done, and we are free."
14. Why are these superstitions in Act 2, Scene 2 so odd to hear from Calpurnia?
(a) She knows Caesar will not listen to her.
(b) She has never been superstitious before.
(c) She rarely speaks to Caeser anymore.
(d) She does not love her husband any more.
15. Who is the second person to speak to the crowd after Caesar's assassination?
(b) Marc Antony.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the person who is waiting for Caesar on the day of his assassination standing when he leaves his house?
2. What about Cassius makes Caesar so uncomfortable during the celebration in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What does Marc Antony say he is doing when he first addresses the crowd after Caesar's assassination?
4. What does Flavius think the civil unrest will do to Rome?
5. Why does Casca feel that Brutus needs to be part of their conspiracy?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)