|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Antony want to meet with Brutus when he hears of Caesar's assassination?
(a) He needs someone to help him plan the funeral.
(b) He knows Brutus must have had a good reason.
(c) He feels that a lone conversation will be more beneficial.
(d) He wants a duel with Brutus.
2. What does Portia hope will happen at the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
(a) Caesar will be crowned.
(b) Brutus will succeed.
(c) Peace will prevail.
(d) Her husband will escape the mob unharmed.
3. What does Portia do to prove she is strong enough to hear Brutus' secret?
(a) Swears an oath.
(b) Cuts her finger.
(c) Stabs herself in the leg.
(d) Tells Brutus an evil secret of her own.
4. According to Cicero, what is to blame for all of the recent strange happenings in Rome?
(a) A cursed nation.
(b) A punishment for cruel dealings.
(c) An omen of good things to come.
(d) A civil dispute in the Heavens.
5. Why is Portia so worried for her husband on the day of Caesar's assassination?
(a) She knows what he is about to do.
(b) She is nervous because of what the soothsayer told her.
(c) She has seen bad omens in the streets.
(d) She had a dream.
6. How does Antony refer to the conspirators while he is giving his eulogy on Caesar to the crowd?
(a) Misguided fools.
(b) Honorable men.
(d) Servants and friends of Rome.
7. What was Calpurnia's dream about Caesar the night before his assassination?
(a) The senate crucified him with his newly adorned crown.
(b) He fell into a mighty river and it ran red with blood.
(c) He was beheaded.
(d) His statue was running with blood.
8. How did Cassius once save Caesar?
(a) He uncovered a conspiracy for his assassination.
(b) He kept him from consuming poison.
(c) He saved him from drowning.
(d) He fought off a horde of angry men.
9. How does Cassius feel about the chaos in the city when he is talking to Casca in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He loves it.
(b) He has not noticed it at all.
(c) He is angry about it.
(d) It makes him nervous.
10. What did the priests find in the sacrificed animal that make them tell Caesar to stay at home?
(a) No heart in the sacrificed animal.
(b) Crossed eyes in the animal indicating a devious plot.
(c) An unhealthy liver as a sign of impending sickness.
(d) An omen of death in the intestines.
11. What does Marc Antony say he is doing when he first addresses the crowd after Caesar's assassination?
(a) Praising Caesar.
(b) Burying Caesar.
(c) Mourning Caesar.
(d) Remembering Caesar.
12. What happens to Caesar as Cassius and Brutus have their private discussion during the celebration in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He is crowned king.
(b) He faints.
(c) He abdicates the throne.
(d) He has an epileptic fit.
13. Who does Marullus stop in the street at the beginning of the play?
14. Who is the first person to warn Caesar of his assassination?
(d) A soothsayer.
15. Why is Brutus not running in the same race that Antony is at the celebration for?
(a) He is not well.
(b) His wife asked him not to.
(c) He is wary of Ceasar.
(d) He is not a sportsman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caesar say would make him a coward after Calpurnia tells him her worries in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Why does Lucius go to the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
3. What time do Cassius and Casca plan to go talk with Brutus after the first meeting of the conspirators?
4. What about Cicero does Metellus think would add viability to their assassination plot?
5. Who is the second person to speak to the crowd after Caesar's assassination?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)