|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antony read to the people as part of his eulogy for Caesar?
(a) His new plan for Rome.
(b) A letter to his wife while at war.
(c) His will.
(d) A page from his journal.
2. Why does Cassius think Antony should be killed as well?
(a) It will prove the serious nature of their plot.
(b) He will kill them all out of vengeance.
(c) He is a foolish man who does not deserve power.
(d) He is a powerful friend of Caesar's.
3. When did Cicero last see an owl when he is talking to Casca?
(b) Early Morning.
4. Where is Caesar returning from in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) War with Pompey.
(b) A trip to Egypt.
(c) Treaty talks with Greece.
(d) A building excavation of Rome.
5. What time do the conspirators plan to kill Caesar?
(a) 8:00 a.m.
(b) 8:00 p.m.
(c) 10:00 a.m.
(d) 12:00 noon.
6. How did Cassius once save Caesar?
(a) He kept him from consuming poison.
(b) He fought off a horde of angry men.
(c) He uncovered a conspiracy for his assassination.
(d) He saved him from drowning.
7. What was the crowd's response to the last question Brutus asks after Caesar's assassination?
(b) They chant Caesar's name.
(d) The answers were mixed.
8. What will happen to Brutus if his plan regarding the assassination fails?
(a) He will be put to death.
(b) He will be banished.
(c) He will be tortured.
(d) His rank and riches will be taken away.
9. In Act 3, Scene 2, who/what does Brutus say he loved more than Caesar?
(a) The Senate.
10. What is the occupation of the man waiting for Caesar to leave his house on the day of his assassination?
(a) A senator.
(b) A teacher of Rhetoric.
(c) A soothsayer.
(d) A soldier.
11. What does Caesar do when the conspirators all come to escort him to the Senate House in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Thanks them for their friendship.
(b) Offers them some dinner.
(c) Prays with them.
(d) Invites them in for wine.
12. How many times did Caesar refuse the crown offered him by Antony?
13. Where is the first meeting of conspirators held?
(a) Pompey's amphitheatre.
(b) The senate house.
(c) A public square.
(d) The house of Cassius.
14. What time do Cassius and Casca plan to go talk with Brutus after the first meeting of the conspirators?
(a) After the chiming of the evening bells.
(c) Early morning.
(d) After midnight.
15. What does Caesar tell Antony to do to his wife as he passes her in the street during his race at the celebration?
(a) Bid her farewell.
(b) Strike her with a goatskin thong.
(c) Speak kind words to her.
(d) Smile kindly upon her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Casca so concerned about when he first meets Cicero in Act 1, Scene 3
2. Why was the wound Brutus gave Caesar the worst of them all?
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Brutus refuse to do when he joins the conspiracy?
4. What was Calpurnia's dream about Caesar the night before his assassination?
5. What happens to Caesar as Cassius and Brutus have their private discussion during the celebration in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)