|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caesar tell Antony to do to his wife as he passes her in the street during his race at the celebration?
(a) Smile kindly upon her.
(b) Bid her farewell.
(c) Speak kind words to her.
(d) Strike her with a goatskin thong.
2. What did the priests find in the sacrificed animal that make them tell Caesar to stay at home?
(a) Crossed eyes in the animal indicating a devious plot.
(b) An unhealthy liver as a sign of impending sickness.
(c) An omen of death in the intestines.
(d) No heart in the sacrificed animal.
3. How did Cassius once save Caesar?
(a) He saved him from drowning.
(b) He kept him from consuming poison.
(c) He uncovered a conspiracy for his assassination.
(d) He fought off a horde of angry men.
4. What does Marc Antony call Brutus during the parley that cuts most deeply to Brutus?
(a) A traitor.
(b) A liar.
(c) A fool.
(d) A coward.
5. What happens to Caesar as Cassius and Brutus have their private discussion during the celebration in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He is crowned king.
(b) He abdicates the throne.
(c) He faints.
(d) He has an epileptic fit.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Cassius tempt the Gods to strike him with lightening?
2. Who comes with Lucius to deliver his news from Cassius to Brutus?
3. What do Marc Antony and Octavius do after Marc Antony's eulogy for Caesar?
4. What does Antony read to the people as part of his eulogy for Caesar?
5. Where does Marc Antony tell Octavius to take his army when Brutus's army arrives?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)