|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Decius say that immediately changes Caesar's decision about staying home the day of his assassination?
(a) The Senate has a special gift for Caesar that day.
(b) The Senate will crown him king.
(c) The people are chanting his name in the streets.
(d) Marc Antony will be at the Senate House to protect him.
2. What does Cassius do at the climax of his argument Brutus at Brutus's camp?
(a) Slaps Brutus across the face.
(b) Bares his chest and asks Brutus to stab him.
(c) Breaks down in tears.
(d) Spits on Brutus.
3. Where does Cicero talk to Casca when they first appear in the play?
(a) On the street.
(b) At his house.
(c) In the Senate house.
(d) In an open field.
4. What is the last thing Brutus asks the crowd after Caesar's assassination?
(a) "Am I understood?"
(b) "Have I offended you?"
(c) "Can you follow me?"
(d) "Do you believe me?"
5. What does Brutus offer the people if they do not agree with what he did for Rome by assassinating Caesar?
(a) To be stripped of his title as a senator.
(b) To be banished.
(c) To be put to death.
(d) To serve the people as a slave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caesar call the soothsayer in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What causes the mob to become so angry after Caesar's assassination?
3. Who is the first person to warn Caesar of his assassination?
4. Who did the people used to honor before Caesar?
5. Why is Cassius's accusation against Brutus in the camp so shocking to Brutus?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)