|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caesar say about the signs Calpurnia has seen of impending doom?
(a) They could be meant for any man.
(b) He does not believe in signs.
(c) They are figments of her imagination.
(d) He will risk the chance of death to uphold his honor.
2. Why are these superstitions in Act 2, Scene 2 so odd to hear from Calpurnia?
(a) She rarely speaks to Caeser anymore.
(b) She has never been superstitious before.
(c) She knows Caesar will not listen to her.
(d) She does not love her husband any more.
3. Who is the one person in this play who interprets a personal dream correctly?
4. What does Calpurnia say that eventually convinces Caesar to stay at home in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Antony can tell the Senate that Caesar is ill.
(b) The Senate will be more convinced that he is not a tyrant if he stays home.
(c) The crown will fit more comfortably on a day not laden with omens.
(d) He can use her worries as an excuse.
5. Why does Pindarus tell Cassius in Act 5, Scene 3 to get as far away from the battle as possible?
(a) They need one leader to survive.
(b) Cassius's tent is on fire.
(c) He needs his master's money.
(d) They are losing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Marc Antony designate to rule Africa?
2. Which of these bad omens in Act 2, Scene 2 has Calpurnia NOT seen?
3. What are Marc Antony's plans in Act 4, Scene 1 made to accomplish?
4. Who enters Rome as Marc Antony finishes his eulogy of Caesar?
5. What was the crowd's response to the last question Brutus asks after Caesar's assassination?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)