|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brutus say Caesar would have done to the people of Rome had he been allowed to live?
(a) Turn them into slaves.
(b) Tax them to death.
(c) Take advantage of their trust and loyalty.
(d) Led them to unending war.
2. What does Caesar tell Antony to do to his wife as he passes her in the street during his race at the celebration?
(a) Strike her with a goatskin thong.
(b) Bid her farewell.
(c) Smile kindly upon her.
(d) Speak kind words to her.
3. What are Caesar's last words before dying?
(a) "Rome, oh my Rome."
(b) "Even you, Brutus?"
(c) "As the Gods would have it, let it be."
(d) "The Ides of March- oh, the Ides of March."
4. Who becomes the leader of the conspirators the day before the assassination?
5. What does Brutus do after he leaves Rome?
(a) Devises his plan.
(b) Begins creating an army.
(c) Convinces Cassius to make an attack on Rome.
(d) Writes to Marc Antony to try and win him over.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brutus tell his hidden legions to do during the battle against Marc Antony?
2. Why does Cassius think Antony should be killed as well?
3. Why does Pindarus tell Cassius in Act 5, Scene 3 to get as far away from the battle as possible?
4. Why does Brutus plan to kill himself if his army begins to falter?
5. Why does Antony want to meet with Brutus when he hears of Caesar's assassination?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)