|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a soothsayer tell Caesar in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) "Kindness begets power and glory."
(b) "Honor to our great warrior."
(c) "Beware the Ides of March."
(d) "Your wife shall bear thee a son."
2. What did the priests find in the sacrificed animal that make them tell Caesar to stay at home?
(a) Crossed eyes in the animal indicating a devious plot.
(b) An omen of death in the intestines.
(c) An unhealthy liver as a sign of impending sickness.
(d) No heart in the sacrificed animal.
3. What does Marc Antony send Lepidus to fetch after he has told him his new plan in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Caesar's property listings.
(b) Caesar's sword.
(c) Caesar's Will.
(d) Caesar's money pouch.
4. What does Brutus tell his hidden legions to do during the battle against Marc Antony?
(a) Send reinforcements.
(b) Attack Octavius's wing.
(c) Replace the fallen members of the wing.
(d) Double arm themselves against the archers.
5. What does Brutus think power would do to his friend Caesar?
(a) Make him whole.
(b) Drive him insane.
(c) Change him.
(d) Put him in danger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marullus ask the people he stops in the street at the beginning of the play?
2. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Brutus refuse to do when he joins the conspiracy?
3. Where is Caesar returning from in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Why is Portia so worried for her husband on the day of Caesar's assassination?
5. According to Cicero, what is to blame for all of the recent strange happenings in Rome?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)