|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to enter the tent to calm the fight between Cassius and Brutus?
(a) A servant.
(b) A poet.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A shepherd.
2. Why is Brutus not running in the same race that Antony is at the celebration for?
(a) He is not well.
(b) His wife asked him not to.
(c) He is wary of Ceasar.
(d) He is not a sportsman.
3. Who was Pompey before the civil war?
(a) A prominent senator.
(b) A soothsayer.
(c) Caesar's co-ruler.
(d) The leader of Egypt.
4. What news does Lucius bring Brutus from Cassius in Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) Casisus is making plans to join Brutus in his camp.
(b) Cassius was polite, but cold.
(c) Cassius was a nervous wreck.
(d) Cassius was warm and welcoming.
5. What are Caesar's last words before dying?
(a) "The Ides of March- oh, the Ides of March."
(b) "Even you, Brutus?"
(c) "Rome, oh my Rome."
(d) "As the Gods would have it, let it be."
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Caesar want Antony to greet Calpurnia in a certain manner in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Why do Marc Antony and Brutus meet for a parley when they know it will not be successful?
3. What does Brutus do after the climax of his argument with Cassius?
4. Who does Marullus stop in the street at the beginning of the play?
5. What about Cassius makes Caesar so uncomfortable during the celebration in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)