|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times did Caesar refuse the crown offered him by Antony?
2. Why does Cassius think Antony should be killed as well?
(a) He is a foolish man who does not deserve power.
(b) He will kill them all out of vengeance.
(c) He is a powerful friend of Caesar's.
(d) It will prove the serious nature of their plot.
3. How does Marc Antony feel about the chaos and confusion his speech causes?
(a) He is angry and indignant.
(b) It is exactly what he intended.
(c) He is indifferent.
(d) He is surprised and scared.
4. What did the priests find in the sacrificed animal that make them tell Caesar to stay at home?
(a) An unhealthy liver as a sign of impending sickness.
(b) No heart in the sacrificed animal.
(c) An omen of death in the intestines.
(d) Crossed eyes in the animal indicating a devious plot.
5. Why does Casca feel that Brutus needs to be part of their conspiracy?
(a) He is popular with the people.
(b) He is a diplomat and will calm hurt feelings.
(c) He is friends with Caesar.
(d) He is a wise man and will not act rashly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Marullus and Flavius plan to do as they continue their march to the Capitol in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Why is Cassius's accusation against Brutus in the camp so shocking to Brutus?
3. Who was Pompey before the civil war?
4. What do Marc Antony and Octavius do after Marc Antony's eulogy for Caesar?
5. How did Cassius tempt the Gods to strike him with lightening?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)