|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Brutus plan to kill himself if his army begins to falter?
(a) His wife is dead and he wants to be with her.
(b) He loves honor more than his life.
(c) It will kill his guilt over killing Caesar.
(d) He would be ashamed to live when others have died.
2. What does Calpurnia say that eventually convinces Caesar to stay at home in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The crown will fit more comfortably on a day not laden with omens.
(b) The Senate will be more convinced that he is not a tyrant if he stays home.
(c) He can use her worries as an excuse.
(d) Antony can tell the Senate that Caesar is ill.
3. Why does Brutus send a certain message to his legions during the battle against Marc Antony?
(a) Octavius's wing is weakening.
(b) He is an inexperienced soldier.
(c) Their armor is too weak against the triple tipped arrows that Antony has supplied his army with.
(d) Too many soldiers have fallen too quickly.
4. Where is Marc Antony's army stationed in Act 5, Scene 1?
5. What are Cassius and Brutus doing while Marc Antony and Octavius are talking in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Praying to the Gods for victory.
(b) Fleeing Rome.
(c) Forming an army.
(d) Begging forgiveness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Caesar celebrating in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What does Decius say that immediately changes Caesar's decision about staying home the day of his assassination?
3. What does Caesar first notice when he wakes up on the day of his assassination?
4. Who is the one person in this play who interprets a personal dream correctly?
5. When did Cicero last see an owl when he is talking to Casca?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)