|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flavius think the civil unrest will do to Rome?
(a) Strengthen it.
(b) Educate it.
(c) Rid it of unneeded rulers.
(d) Weaken it.
2. What is the soothsayer's response to Portia's question to him on the day of Caesar's assassination?
(a) The signs are currently mixed.
(b) He does not know, but it will be bad.
(c) Good and bad will be mingled.
(d) He does not know, but it will be good.
3. What does Caesar say would make him a coward after Calpurnia tells him her worries in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Heeding the words of a woman.
(b) Believing in superstitions.
(c) Fearing death.
(d) Not attending the senate.
4. What causes the mob to become so angry after Caesar's assassination?
(a) The blood stained robes of the conspirators.
(b) Marc Antony's eulogy.
(c) Brutus' speech.
(d) The sight of Caesar's body.
5. What was the crowd's response to the last question Brutus asks after Caesar's assassination?
(a) They chant Caesar's name.
(c) The answers were mixed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marc Antony feel about the chaos and confusion his speech causes?
2. What are Caesar's last words before dying?
3. What does Caesar call the soothsayer in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does Decius say that immediately changes Caesar's decision about staying home the day of his assassination?
5. Why does Brutus say he does not want to kill Antony?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)