|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marullus tell the people in the streets to do at the beginning of the play?
(a) Create an altar for Caesar.
(b) Go home and pray for forgiveness.
(c) Join him in his march to Rome to honor Caesar.
(d) Pray for thanks.
2. What is the soothsayer's response to Portia's question to him on the day of Caesar's assassination?
(a) Good and bad will be mingled.
(b) He does not know, but it will be good.
(c) The signs are currently mixed.
(d) He does not know, but it will be bad.
3. What does Brutus offer the people if they do not agree with what he did for Rome by assassinating Caesar?
(a) To be banished.
(b) To be stripped of his title as a senator.
(c) To serve the people as a slave.
(d) To be put to death.
4. Who leads Antony away from the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
5. Why does Caesar choose to put off reading his letter from Artemidorus?
(a) He thinks Artemidorus is crazy.
(b) He does not want the other Senate leaders to think he is superstitious.
(c) He does not pay attention to personal matters before matters of the republic.
(d) He wants to read it later in private.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the other conspirators have suffered loss of sleep over the matter of Caesar's assassination?
2. What are Marc Antony's plans in Act 4, Scene 1 made to accomplish?
3. What does Brutus say Caesar would have done to the people of Rome had he been allowed to live?
4. Who is the only conspirator who is encouraging the plot to assassinate Caesar out of unselfish goals?
5. What was the crowd's response to the last question Brutus asks after Caesar's assassination?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)