|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caesar call the soothsayer in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A crazy man.
(b) A stranger.
(c) A dreamer.
(d) A loyal subject.
2. Who is the only conspirator who is encouraging the plot to assassinate Caesar out of unselfish goals?
3. Why do the people begin beating Cinna when they meet him on the road?
(a) He is in the way.
(b) He has a symbol of Pompey on his clothing.
(c) He is not going to pay homage to Caesar.
(d) Cinna is the name of one of the conspirators.
4. Why does Caesar choose to put off reading his letter from Artemidorus?
(a) He thinks Artemidorus is crazy.
(b) He wants to read it later in private.
(c) He does not pay attention to personal matters before matters of the republic.
(d) He does not want the other Senate leaders to think he is superstitious.
5. What does Brutus compare Caesar to as he contemplates Caesar while alone in his garden?
(a) A mad dog on a chain.
(b) A serpent in an egg.
(c) A rooster in the hen house.
(d) A young eagle hatchling.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cassius ask to deliver his false letters to Brutus?
2. What happens to Cinna before the mob leaves him in Act 3, Scene 3?
3. What does Marullus ask the people he stops in the street at the beginning of the play?
4. Why is Cassius so surprised by what Popilus says to him as they enter the Senate House just before Caesar's assassination?
5. How did Cassius tempt the Gods to strike him with lightening?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)