|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these bad omens in Act 2, Scene 2 has Calpurnia NOT seen?
(a) A naked warrior.
(b) A lion giving birth in the streets.
(c) Dead emerging from their graves.
(d) Warriors fighting among the clouds.
2. What does Brutus compare Caesar to as he contemplates Caesar while alone in his garden?
(a) A mad dog on a chain.
(b) A rooster in the hen house.
(c) A serpent in an egg.
(d) A young eagle hatchling.
3. Which one of these does Cassius NOT call Caesar behind his back?
(a) A womanly personage.
(b) A small girl.
(c) A tyrant.
(d) Trash and rubbish.
4. Why does Brutus say he does not want to kill Antony?
(a) Antony is too well-liked by the people to be murdered.
(b) Antony's power comes purely from his friendship with Caesar.
(c) Antony is a friend of the Republic.
(d) Antony will understand.
5. What is the occupation of the man waiting for Caesar to leave his house on the day of his assassination?
(a) A soothsayer.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A senator.
(d) A teacher of Rhetoric.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people do with Caesar's body after Marc Antony's eulogy?
2. What do the conspirators shout when Caesar is dead?
3. How does Marc Antony feel about the chaos and confusion his speech causes?
4. What does Flavius think the civil unrest will do to Rome?
5. According to Cicero, what is to blame for all of the recent strange happenings in Rome?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)