|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Metellus ask of Caesar on the day of Caesar's assassination?
(a) For his brother's banishment to be revoked.
(b) For a public knowledge of the future war plans.
(c) For a day to be set apart to pay homage to Pompey.
(d) For a raise in pay for the Senators.
2. How did Cassius once save Caesar?
(a) He saved him from drowning.
(b) He uncovered a conspiracy for his assassination.
(c) He kept him from consuming poison.
(d) He fought off a horde of angry men.
3. What is Caesar's last warning of his impending doom on the day of his assassination?
(a) Artemidrous' letter.
(b) Brutus' warning.
(c) Calpurnia's dream.
(d) The priests' omens.
4. Why does Casca feel that Brutus needs to be part of their conspiracy?
(a) He is a diplomat and will calm hurt feelings.
(b) He is popular with the people.
(c) He is a wise man and will not act rashly.
(d) He is friends with Caesar.
5. Why does Caesar choose to put off reading his letter from Artemidorus?
(a) He wants to read it later in private.
(b) He thinks Artemidorus is crazy.
(c) He does not pay attention to personal matters before matters of the republic.
(d) He does not want the other Senate leaders to think he is superstitious.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flavius think the civil unrest will do to Rome?
2. When did Cicero last see an owl when he is talking to Casca?
3. Who becomes the leader of the conspirators the day before the assassination?
4. Why does Antony want to meet with Brutus when he hears of Caesar's assassination?
5. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Brutus refuse to do when he joins the conspiracy?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)