|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the mob to become so angry after Caesar's assassination?
(a) Marc Antony's eulogy.
(b) Brutus' speech.
(c) The blood stained robes of the conspirators.
(d) The sight of Caesar's body.
2. What does Portia ask of a soothsayer after Lucius leaves for the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
(a) What will become of Caesar?
(b) How long will Caesar live?
(c) What will happen to Rome?
(d) What will happen to Brutus?
3. What day is Caesar assassinated?
(a) His birthday.
(b) Venus's birthday.
(c) The Ides of March.
(d) The day of Feasting.
4. Why is Cassius so surprised by what Popilus says to him as they enter the Senate House just before Caesar's assassination?
(a) Cassius did not think Popilus knew about the conspiracy.
(b) He thought Popilus would be more open.
(c) Cassius thought Popilus was on Pompey's side.
(d) Cassius thought Popilus was a supporter of Caesar.
5. What does Marullus ask the people he stops in the street at the beginning of the play?
(a) Why they are not working.
(b) Where they are all going.
(c) How to find Caesar.
(d) What he should take to Ceasar as a tribute.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 3, Scene 2, who/what does Brutus say he loved more than Caesar?
2. Where is the person who is waiting for Caesar on the day of his assassination standing when he leaves his house?
3. What does Marc Antony ask the conspirators to let him do when he sees Caesar's dead body?
4. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Brutus refuse to do when he joins the conspiracy?
5. What does Marc Antony say he is doing when he first addresses the crowd after Caesar's assassination?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)