|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marc Antony do during his speech to make himself seem more approachable?
(a) He cried.
(b) He called many of the people by name.
(c) He did not use lofty words.
(d) He came down from the podium and walked among the people.
2. Why do the people begin beating Cinna when they meet him on the road?
(a) He is in the way.
(b) He has a symbol of Pompey on his clothing.
(c) Cinna is the name of one of the conspirators.
(d) He is not going to pay homage to Caesar.
3. Who comes with Lucius to deliver his news from Cassius to Brutus?
4. Why does Caesar want Antony to greet Calpurnia in a certain manner in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) To lift her low spirits.
(b) To cure her barrenness.
(c) To let her say goodbye to him.
(d) To show her she is loved.
5. What do the conspirators do after Caesar is dead before leaving the Senate House to explain this deed to the people?
(a) Defile Caesar's body.
(b) Cleanse Caesar's body.
(c) Bathe in Caesar's blood.
(d) Prepare a speech.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is most upset about the people's celebration of Caesar in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What does Marullus tell the people in the streets to do at the beginning of the play?
3. Why does Caesar choose to put off reading his letter from Artemidorus?
4. What does Brutus tell Cassius he never does when Cassius arrives at his camp?
5. At the end of Act 1, what does Cassius think the recent strange happenings are a result of?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)