|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Brutus say he does not want to kill Antony?
(a) Antony will understand.
(b) Antony is too well-liked by the people to be murdered.
(c) Antony's power comes purely from his friendship with Caesar.
(d) Antony is a friend of the Republic.
2. Who enters Act 2, Scene 4 just as Lucius leaves for the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
(b) A soothsayer.
3. Who was Pompey before the civil war?
(a) A soothsayer.
(b) Caesar's co-ruler.
(c) The leader of Egypt.
(d) A prominent senator.
4. What does Caesar do when the conspirators all come to escort him to the Senate House in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Invites them in for wine.
(b) Prays with them.
(c) Thanks them for their friendship.
(d) Offers them some dinner.
5. What day is Caesar assassinated?
(a) The day of Feasting.
(b) Venus's birthday.
(c) The Ides of March.
(d) His birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Caesar choose to put off reading his letter from Artemidorus?
2. What do the conspirators shout when Caesar is dead?
3. What about Cicero does Metellus think would add viability to their assassination plot?
4. What was Calpurnia's dream about Caesar the night before his assassination?
5. Why does Caesar want Antony to greet Calpurnia in a certain manner in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)