|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caesar say about the signs Calpurnia has seen of impending doom?
(a) They are figments of her imagination.
(b) They could be meant for any man.
(c) He does not believe in signs.
(d) He will risk the chance of death to uphold his honor.
2. What does Lucius find in Brutus's study just before Cassius comes to visit with Brutus?
(a) A threat.
(b) An anonymous letter.
(c) An edict from Caesar.
(d) A knife.
3. What does Flavius think the civil unrest will do to Rome?
(a) Educate it.
(b) Weaken it.
(c) Rid it of unneeded rulers.
(d) Strengthen it.
4. Which of the other conspirators have suffered loss of sleep over the matter of Caesar's assassination?
5. What does Marullus tell the people in the streets to do at the beginning of the play?
(a) Create an altar for Caesar.
(b) Join him in his march to Rome to honor Caesar.
(c) Go home and pray for forgiveness.
(d) Pray for thanks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Antony want to meet with Brutus when he hears of Caesar's assassination?
2. What does Brutus say will result from Caesar's assassination?
3. What are the conspirators going to do in Act 2, Scene 3 once they reach the Senate house after passing Artemidorus?
4. What does Popilus say to Cassius as he enters the Senate House just before Caesar's assassination?
5. What time do Cassius and Casca plan to go talk with Brutus after the first meeting of the conspirators?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)