|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will happen to Brutus if his plan regarding the assassination fails?
(a) He will be put to death.
(b) He will be tortured.
(c) He will be banished.
(d) His rank and riches will be taken away.
2. What does Caesar say about the signs Calpurnia has seen of impending doom?
(a) He will risk the chance of death to uphold his honor.
(b) They could be meant for any man.
(c) They are figments of her imagination.
(d) He does not believe in signs.
3. At the end of Act 1, what does Cassius think the recent strange happenings are a result of?
(a) The impending crowning of Caesar.
(b) An assassination plot.
(c) A civil war in Rome.
(d) A Rome with no leader.
4. When did Cicero last see an owl when he is talking to Casca?
(b) Early Morning.
5. What does Caesar first notice when he wakes up on the day of his assassination?
(a) He sees an owl in the daylight.
(b) The stormy weather.
(c) It is oddly bright.
(d) A feeling of gloom.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times did Caesar refuse the crown offered him by Antony?
2. Who is waiting for Caesar when he leaves his house the day of his assassination?
3. According to Cicero, what is to blame for all of the recent strange happenings in Rome?
4. What does a soothsayer tell Caesar in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Who leads Antony away from the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)