|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Caesar as Cassius and Brutus have their private discussion during the celebration in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He is crowned king.
(b) He has an epileptic fit.
(c) He abdicates the throne.
(d) He faints.
2. What does Marc Antony ask the conspirators to let him do when he sees Caesar's dead body?
(a) Deliver his eulogy.
(b) Prepare his body for burial.
(c) Be alone with his friend for a moment.
(d) Tell his wife.
3. Why does Caesar choose to put off reading his letter from Artemidorus?
(a) He wants to read it later in private.
(b) He thinks Artemidorus is crazy.
(c) He does not want the other Senate leaders to think he is superstitious.
(d) He does not pay attention to personal matters before matters of the republic.
4. Who is the first person to warn Caesar of his assassination?
(d) A soothsayer.
5. How many times did Caesar refuse the crown offered him by Antony?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Marullus and Flavius plan to do as they continue their march to the Capitol in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What does the man waiting for Caesar to leave his house give him on the day of his assassination?
3. What is Caesar's last warning of his impending doom on the day of his assassination?
4. Why does Cassius want Brutus to take part in his plan?
5. What does Marullus ask the people he stops in the street at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)