|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the person who is waiting for Caesar on the day of his assassination standing when he leaves his house?
(a) On a stack of wood.
(b) At the gate.
(c) In the street.
(d) In the public town square.
2. How many times did Caesar refuse the crown offered him by Antony?
3. Why is Cassius so surprised by what Popilus says to him as they enter the Senate House just before Caesar's assassination?
(a) Cassius thought Popilus was a supporter of Caesar.
(b) Cassius did not think Popilus knew about the conspiracy.
(c) Cassius thought Popilus was on Pompey's side.
(d) He thought Popilus would be more open.
4. Why does Casca feel that Brutus needs to be part of their conspiracy?
(a) He is a wise man and will not act rashly.
(b) He is a diplomat and will calm hurt feelings.
(c) He is friends with Caesar.
(d) He is popular with the people.
5. Why does Cassius want Brutus to take part in his plan?
(a) Caesar loves Brutus.
(b) Brutus is trusted by the people.
(c) Brutus is willing to do anything for honor.
(d) Brutus is wise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is most upset about the people's celebration of Caesar in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. According to Cicero, what is to blame for all of the recent strange happenings in Rome?
3. Where is Caesar returning from in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Which of these bad omens in Act 2, Scene 2 has Calpurnia NOT seen?
5. What does Portia hope will happen at the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)