|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Caesar celebrating in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) His conquest in Rome.
(b) His throngs of loyal followers.
(c) The feast of Lupercal.
(d) His victory over Pompey.
2. Why does Antony want to meet with Brutus when he hears of Caesar's assassination?
(a) He wants a duel with Brutus.
(b) He needs someone to help him plan the funeral.
(c) He feels that a lone conversation will be more beneficial.
(d) He knows Brutus must have had a good reason.
3. Who is the one person in this play who interprets a personal dream correctly?
4. What does Metellus ask of Caesar on the day of Caesar's assassination?
(a) For a day to be set apart to pay homage to Pompey.
(b) For a raise in pay for the Senators.
(c) For a public knowledge of the future war plans.
(d) For his brother's banishment to be revoked.
5. Who is waiting for Caesar when he leaves his house the day of his assassination?
(b) Marc Antony.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caesar do when the conspirators all come to escort him to the Senate House in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Who was Pompey before the civil war?
3. What does Calpurnia say that eventually convinces Caesar to stay at home in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Who does Marullus stop in the street at the beginning of the play?
5. What is the occupation of the man waiting for Caesar to leave his house on the day of his assassination?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)