|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Cicero, what is to blame for all of the recent strange happenings in Rome?
(a) A civil dispute in the Heavens.
(b) A punishment for cruel dealings.
(c) An omen of good things to come.
(d) A cursed nation.
2. What do Marullus and Flavius plan to do as they continue their march to the Capitol in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Stay out of sight.
(b) Break up groups of praisers for Ceasar.
(c) Defend Pompey's honor.
(d) Hold prayer groups.
3. Where is Caesar returning from in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) A building excavation of Rome.
(b) Treaty talks with Greece.
(c) A trip to Egypt.
(d) War with Pompey.
4. At the end of Act 1, what does Cassius think the recent strange happenings are a result of?
(a) A Rome with no leader.
(b) An assassination plot.
(c) The impending crowning of Caesar.
(d) A civil war in Rome.
5. Who is the only conspirator who is encouraging the plot to assassinate Caesar out of unselfish goals?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of these does Cassius NOT call Caesar behind his back?
2. What does Caesar tell Antony to do to his wife as he passes her in the street during his race at the celebration?
3. What does Portia ask of a soothsayer after Lucius leaves for the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
4. What does Caesar say would make him a coward after Calpurnia tells him her worries in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What does Marullus tell the people in the streets to do at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)