|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Portia ask of a soothsayer after Lucius leaves for the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
(a) What will become of Caesar?
(b) What will happen to Brutus?
(c) How long will Caesar live?
(d) What will happen to Rome?
2. Why is Brutus not running in the same race that Antony is at the celebration for?
(a) He is wary of Ceasar.
(b) He is not a sportsman.
(c) He is not well.
(d) His wife asked him not to.
3. What about Cicero does Metellus think would add viability to their assassination plot?
(a) His silver hairs.
(b) His great oratorical skills.
(c) His compassionate nature.
(d) His great respect.
4. What does Lucius find in Brutus's study just before Cassius comes to visit with Brutus?
(a) An anonymous letter.
(b) A knife.
(c) A threat.
(d) An edict from Caesar.
5. What do Marullus and Flavius plan to do as they continue their march to the Capitol in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Stay out of sight.
(b) Defend Pompey's honor.
(c) Break up groups of praisers for Ceasar.
(d) Hold prayer groups.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cassius feel about the chaos in the city when he is talking to Casca in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. What does Portia hope will happen at the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
3. How does Decius interpret Calpurnia's dream about Caesar's death?
4. What does Caesar first notice when he wakes up on the day of his assassination?
5. How long has Brutus suffered with insomnia when Cassius comes to his house?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)