|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the occupation of the man waiting for Caesar to leave his house on the day of his assassination?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A soothsayer.
(c) A teacher of Rhetoric.
(d) A senator.
2. When did Cicero last see an owl when he is talking to Casca?
(d) Early Morning.
3. What does Caesar tell Antony to do to his wife as he passes her in the street during his race at the celebration?
(a) Smile kindly upon her.
(b) Bid her farewell.
(c) Strike her with a goatskin thong.
(d) Speak kind words to her.
4. What will happen to Brutus if his plan regarding the assassination fails?
(a) He will be tortured.
(b) His rank and riches will be taken away.
(c) He will be put to death.
(d) He will be banished.
5. Why does Lucius go to the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
(a) To ensure safe passage for Brutus.
(b) To check on Brutus and Caesar for Portia.
(c) To help in the assassination.
(d) To distract Marc Antony.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caesar first notice when he wakes up on the day of his assassination?
2. Why does Casca feel that Brutus needs to be part of their conspiracy?
3. What does Marullus ask the people he stops in the street at the beginning of the play?
4. What does Portia do to prove she is strong enough to hear Brutus' secret?
5. Why is Cassius so surprised by what Popilus says to him as they enter the Senate House just before Caesar's assassination?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)