|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marullus tell the people in the streets to do at the beginning of the play?
(a) Create an altar for Caesar.
(b) Go home and pray for forgiveness.
(c) Pray for thanks.
(d) Join him in his march to Rome to honor Caesar.
2. What does Lucius find in Brutus's study just before Cassius comes to visit with Brutus?
(a) A threat.
(b) A knife.
(c) An anonymous letter.
(d) An edict from Caesar.
3. Where does Cicero talk to Casca when they first appear in the play?
(a) In an open field.
(b) In the Senate house.
(c) At his house.
(d) On the street.
4. What is Caesar celebrating in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) His throngs of loyal followers.
(b) His conquest in Rome.
(c) The feast of Lupercal.
(d) His victory over Pompey.
5. What does Calpurnia say that eventually convinces Caesar to stay at home in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Antony can tell the Senate that Caesar is ill.
(b) The Senate will be more convinced that he is not a tyrant if he stays home.
(c) He can use her worries as an excuse.
(d) The crown will fit more comfortably on a day not laden with omens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will happen if Caesar does not pay attention to what the man waiting for Caeser to leave his house gives him?
2. What time do the conspirators plan to kill Caesar?
3. How many hills are in Rome?
4. What was Calpurnia's dream about Caesar the night before his assassination?
5. Where is the person who is waiting for Caesar on the day of his assassination standing when he leaves his house?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)