|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Decius say that immediately changes Caesar's decision about staying home the day of his assassination?
(a) The people are chanting his name in the streets.
(b) Marc Antony will be at the Senate House to protect him.
(c) The Senate will crown him king.
(d) The Senate has a special gift for Caesar that day.
2. Why does Cassius want Brutus to take part in his plan?
(a) Caesar loves Brutus.
(b) Brutus is trusted by the people.
(c) Brutus is willing to do anything for honor.
(d) Brutus is wise.
3. Who is the only conspirator who is encouraging the plot to assassinate Caesar out of unselfish goals?
4. What day is Caesar assassinated?
(a) The day of Feasting.
(b) His birthday.
(c) The Ides of March.
(d) Venus's birthday.
5. Why does Caesar choose to put off reading his letter from Artemidorus?
(a) He does not pay attention to personal matters before matters of the republic.
(b) He does not want the other Senate leaders to think he is superstitious.
(c) He wants to read it later in private.
(d) He thinks Artemidorus is crazy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters Act 2, Scene 4 just as Lucius leaves for the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
2. Who was Pompey before the civil war?
3. Why does Lucius go to the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
4. Why does Caesar want Antony to greet Calpurnia in a certain manner in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Why is Brutus not running in the same race that Antony is at the celebration for?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)