|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the person who is waiting for Caesar on the day of his assassination standing when he leaves his house?
(a) In the street.
(b) On a stack of wood.
(c) At the gate.
(d) In the public town square.
2. What is Casca so concerned about when he first meets Cicero in Act 1, Scene 3
(a) The lions in the forest.
(b) The battle brewing in Rome.
(c) The storm that rages about them.
(d) A curse.
3. At the end of Act 1, what does Cassius think the recent strange happenings are a result of?
(a) A civil war in Rome.
(b) An assassination plot.
(c) The impending crowning of Caesar.
(d) A Rome with no leader.
4. Where does Cicero talk to Casca when they first appear in the play?
(a) On the street.
(b) In the Senate house.
(c) In an open field.
(d) At his house.
5. What does Caesar say about the signs Calpurnia has seen of impending doom?
(a) He does not believe in signs.
(b) They are figments of her imagination.
(c) They could be meant for any man.
(d) He will risk the chance of death to uphold his honor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Cicero does Metellus think would add viability to their assassination plot?
2. What do Marullus and Flavius plan to do as they continue their march to the Capitol in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. According to Cicero, what is to blame for all of the recent strange happenings in Rome?
4. Who was Pompey before the civil war?
5. What does Caesar say would make him a coward after Calpurnia tells him her worries in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)