|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Cicero last see an owl when he is talking to Casca?
(d) Early Morning.
2. Which of the other conspirators have suffered loss of sleep over the matter of Caesar's assassination?
3. Why is Cassius so surprised by what Popilus says to him as they enter the Senate House just before Caesar's assassination?
(a) Cassius thought Popilus was a supporter of Caesar.
(b) He thought Popilus would be more open.
(c) Cassius did not think Popilus knew about the conspiracy.
(d) Cassius thought Popilus was on Pompey's side.
4. What does Brutus compare Caesar to as he contemplates Caesar while alone in his garden?
(a) A young eagle hatchling.
(b) A mad dog on a chain.
(c) A rooster in the hen house.
(d) A serpent in an egg.
5. What will happen to Brutus if his plan regarding the assassination fails?
(a) He will be banished.
(b) His rank and riches will be taken away.
(c) He will be put to death.
(d) He will be tortured.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lucius go to the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
2. Who enters Act 2, Scene 4 just as Lucius leaves for the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
3. What does Portia ask of a soothsayer after Lucius leaves for the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
4. Why does Cassius want Brutus to take part in his plan?
5. According to Cicero, what is to blame for all of the recent strange happenings in Rome?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)