|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the conspirators going to do in Act 2, Scene 3 once they reach the Senate house after passing Artemidorus?
(a) Crown Caesar.
(b) Banish Caesar.
(c) Pay tribute to Caesar.
(d) Kill Caesar.
2. How does Decius interpret Calpurnia's dream about Caesar's death?
(a) His blood will renew Rome.
(b) He will be a wellspring of life and love for the Senate.
(c) He will die when his mission has been fulfilled.
(d) He will give new life and vitality to Rome.
3. Who else has given Caesar a letter on the day of his assassination?
(a) Marc Antony.
4. Where is Caesar returning from in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Treaty talks with Greece.
(b) A building excavation of Rome.
(c) A trip to Egypt.
(d) War with Pompey.
5. Why does Caesar choose to put off reading his letter from Artemidorus?
(a) He wants to read it later in private.
(b) He does not pay attention to personal matters before matters of the republic.
(c) He thinks Artemidorus is crazy.
(d) He does not want the other Senate leaders to think he is superstitious.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are these superstitions in Act 2, Scene 2 so odd to hear from Calpurnia?
2. Why does Lucius go to the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
3. Where is the person who is waiting for Caesar on the day of his assassination standing when he leaves his house?
4. What does Marullus ask the people he stops in the street at the beginning of the play?
5. What is Caesar celebrating in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)