|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cassius want Brutus to take part in his plan?
(a) Brutus is trusted by the people.
(b) Brutus is wise.
(c) Caesar loves Brutus.
(d) Brutus is willing to do anything for honor.
2. What does Brutus think power would do to his friend Caesar?
(a) Change him.
(b) Put him in danger.
(c) Drive him insane.
(d) Make him whole.
3. What is Lucius's occupation?
(a) A soldier.
(b) Brutus' servant.
(c) A senator.
(d) A teacher.
4. What does Brutus personally promise Rome while alone in his backyard?
(a) To protect Caesar from harm.
(b) To do what is wanted by the people.
(c) To take Caesar out of power.
(d) To follow his heart.
5. What does Portia ask of a soothsayer after Lucius leaves for the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
(a) How long will Caesar live?
(b) What will become of Caesar?
(c) What will happen to Brutus?
(d) What will happen to Rome?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Caesar celebrating in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. How does Cassius feel about the chaos in the city when he is talking to Casca in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. What time do the conspirators plan to kill Caesar?
4. Why does Antony want to meet with Brutus when he hears of Caesar's assassination?
5. What does Portia do to prove she is strong enough to hear Brutus' secret?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)