|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a soothsayer tell Caesar in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) "Kindness begets power and glory."
(b) "Honor to our great warrior."
(c) "Your wife shall bear thee a son."
(d) "Beware the Ides of March."
2. What job title does Flavius have at the beginning of the play?
3. Where is the person who is waiting for Caesar on the day of his assassination standing when he leaves his house?
(a) At the gate.
(b) On a stack of wood.
(c) In the street.
(d) In the public town square.
4. How does Decius interpret Calpurnia's dream about Caesar's death?
(a) He will be a wellspring of life and love for the Senate.
(b) He will give new life and vitality to Rome.
(c) His blood will renew Rome.
(d) He will die when his mission has been fulfilled.
5. Why is Brutus not running in the same race that Antony is at the celebration for?
(a) He is wary of Ceasar.
(b) His wife asked him not to.
(c) He is not a sportsman.
(d) He is not well.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Brutus say he does not want to kill Antony?
2. Why is the cobbler not working at the beginning of the play?
3. Who is Caesar's closest friend?
4. Where is Caesar returning from in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Who is the only conspirator who is encouraging the plot to assassinate Caesar out of unselfish goals?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)