|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many hills are in Rome?
2. What does Brutus compare Caesar to as he contemplates Caesar while alone in his garden?
(a) A rooster in the hen house.
(b) A young eagle hatchling.
(c) A serpent in an egg.
(d) A mad dog on a chain.
3. What does Portia hope will happen at the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
(a) Brutus will succeed.
(b) Her husband will escape the mob unharmed.
(c) Peace will prevail.
(d) Caesar will be crowned.
4. Who is Caesar's closest friend?
(b) Marc Antony.
5. Why does Casca feel that Brutus needs to be part of their conspiracy?
(a) He is a wise man and will not act rashly.
(b) He is popular with the people.
(c) He is friends with Caesar.
(d) He is a diplomat and will calm hurt feelings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brutus think power would do to his friend Caesar?
2. Who enters Act 2, Scene 4 just as Lucius leaves for the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
3. What does Portia do in Act 2, Scene 4, on the day of Caesar's assassination?
4. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Brutus refuse to do when he joins the conspiracy?
5. Why does Cassius think Antony should be killed as well?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)