|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a soothsayer tell Caesar in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) "Kindness begets power and glory."
(b) "Honor to our great warrior."
(c) "Beware the Ides of March."
(d) "Your wife shall bear thee a son."
2. Where is Caesar returning from in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) A building excavation of Rome.
(b) A trip to Egypt.
(c) Treaty talks with Greece.
(d) War with Pompey.
3. Who is Caesar's closest friend?
(c) Marc Antony.
4. What does Portia do to prove she is strong enough to hear Brutus' secret?
(a) Tells Brutus an evil secret of her own.
(b) Stabs herself in the leg.
(c) Swears an oath.
(d) Cuts her finger.
5. What does Brutus say will result from Caesar's assassination?
(a) Rome will rejuvinate and conquer.
(b) He will die a martyr.
(c) Sick men will be made whole.
(d) Peace will reign in Rome.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the soothsayer's response to Portia's question to him on the day of Caesar's assassination?
2. What time do Cassius and Casca plan to go talk with Brutus after the first meeting of the conspirators?
3. What does the man waiting for Caesar to leave his house say about virtue?
4. Why does Caesar tell Decius about Calpurnia's dream about his death?
5. Who enters Act 2, Scene 4 just as Lucius leaves for the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)