|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brutus compare Caesar to as he contemplates Caesar while alone in his garden?
(a) A rooster in the hen house.
(b) A young eagle hatchling.
(c) A serpent in an egg.
(d) A mad dog on a chain.
2. According to Cicero, what is to blame for all of the recent strange happenings in Rome?
(a) A punishment for cruel dealings.
(b) An omen of good things to come.
(c) A civil dispute in the Heavens.
(d) A cursed nation.
3. Where is the first meeting of conspirators held?
(a) A public square.
(b) The house of Cassius.
(c) The senate house.
(d) Pompey's amphitheatre.
4. What is Caesar's last warning of his impending doom on the day of his assassination?
(a) Calpurnia's dream.
(b) Brutus' warning.
(c) Artemidrous' letter.
(d) The priests' omens.
5. Why does Caesar tell Decius about Calpurnia's dream about his death?
(a) He loves Decius.
(b) Decius pesters him with questions.
(c) Decius calls him a coward.
(d) Decius seems concerned, and Caesar wants to calm his fears.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the other conspirators have suffered loss of sleep over the matter of Caesar's assassination?
2. What is Lucius's occupation?
3. What does Marullus tell the people in the streets to do at the beginning of the play?
4. What does Marullus ask the people he stops in the street at the beginning of the play?
5. Why does Brutus say he does not want to kill Antony?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)