|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Decius interpret Calpurnia's dream about Caesar's death?
(a) He will die when his mission has been fulfilled.
(b) He will be a wellspring of life and love for the Senate.
(c) His blood will renew Rome.
(d) He will give new life and vitality to Rome.
2. What does Caesar say would make him a coward after Calpurnia tells him her worries in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Believing in superstitions.
(b) Not attending the senate.
(c) Heeding the words of a woman.
(d) Fearing death.
3. Which of the other conspirators have suffered loss of sleep over the matter of Caesar's assassination?
4. Why is Portia so worried for her husband on the day of Caesar's assassination?
(a) She is nervous because of what the soothsayer told her.
(b) She had a dream.
(c) She has seen bad omens in the streets.
(d) She knows what he is about to do.
5. Why is Brutus not running in the same race that Antony is at the celebration for?
(a) He is not well.
(b) He is not a sportsman.
(c) He is wary of Ceasar.
(d) His wife asked him not to.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will happen if Caesar does not pay attention to what the man waiting for Caeser to leave his house gives him?
2. What did the priests find in the sacrificed animal that make them tell Caesar to stay at home?
3. Who does Marullus stop in the street at the beginning of the play?
4. What does Caesar do when the conspirators all come to escort him to the Senate House in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. Where does Cicero talk to Casca when they first appear in the play?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)