|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Calpurnia say that eventually convinces Caesar to stay at home in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The Senate will be more convinced that he is not a tyrant if he stays home.
(b) The crown will fit more comfortably on a day not laden with omens.
(c) Antony can tell the Senate that Caesar is ill.
(d) He can use her worries as an excuse.
2. Who is the first person to warn Caesar of his assassination?
(a) A soothsayer.
3. Why does Cassius want Brutus to take part in his plan?
(a) Brutus is willing to do anything for honor.
(b) Brutus is trusted by the people.
(c) Brutus is wise.
(d) Caesar loves Brutus.
4. What does Portia do in Act 2, Scene 4, on the day of Caesar's assassination?
(a) Prepares a feast.
(b) Sends a message to Calpurnia.
(d) Sends Lucius to the Senate House.
5. Where is Caesar returning from in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) A trip to Egypt.
(b) A building excavation of Rome.
(c) Treaty talks with Greece.
(d) War with Pompey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caesar say would make him a coward after Calpurnia tells him her worries in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What time do Cassius and Casca plan to go talk with Brutus after the first meeting of the conspirators?
3. What does Portia hope will happen at the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
4. What time do the conspirators plan to kill Caesar?
5. What are the conspirators going to do in Act 2, Scene 3 once they reach the Senate house after passing Artemidorus?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)