|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about Cicero does Metellus think would add viability to their assassination plot?
(a) His compassionate nature.
(b) His great oratorical skills.
(c) His silver hairs.
(d) His great respect.
2. Where is the person who is waiting for Caesar on the day of his assassination standing when he leaves his house?
(a) On a stack of wood.
(b) In the street.
(c) In the public town square.
(d) At the gate.
3. Why does Caesar want Antony to greet Calpurnia in a certain manner in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) To let her say goodbye to him.
(b) To lift her low spirits.
(c) To cure her barrenness.
(d) To show her she is loved.
4. In Act 1, Scene 2, how does Brutus say he feels about honor?
(a) He wants honor, but so much to kill for it.
(b) He loves honor more than he fears death.
(c) He hopes some honor will make his wife proud of him.
(d) He feels honor is subjective and frail.
5. What does Caesar first notice when he wakes up on the day of his assassination?
(a) He sees an owl in the daylight.
(b) It is oddly bright.
(c) The stormy weather.
(d) A feeling of gloom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Brutus say he does not want to kill Antony?
2. What does Caesar say would make him a coward after Calpurnia tells him her worries in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Which one of these does Cassius NOT call Caesar behind his back?
4. Who is the one person in this play who interprets a personal dream correctly?
5. What is the soothsayer's response to Portia's question to him on the day of Caesar's assassination?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)