|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Cicero talk to Casca when they first appear in the play?
(a) On the street.
(b) In the Senate house.
(c) In an open field.
(d) At his house.
2. Why is the cobbler not working at the beginning of the play?
(a) He has given himself a holiday.
(b) He completed all of his work.
(c) He has injured himself and is unable to work.
(d) He is using that day for religious observance.
3. What time do the conspirators plan to kill Caesar?
(a) 10:00 a.m.
(b) 8:00 a.m.
(c) 8:00 p.m.
(d) 12:00 noon.
4. Who did the people used to honor before Caesar?
(c) Marc Antony.
5. What day is Caesar assassinated?
(a) The Ides of March.
(b) His birthday.
(c) The day of Feasting.
(d) Venus's birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Portia so worried for her husband on the day of Caesar's assassination?
2. What does a soothsayer tell Caesar in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What does Marullus ask the people he stops in the street at the beginning of the play?
4. What does Caesar call the soothsayer in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What was Calpurnia's dream about Caesar the night before his assassination?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)