|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of these does Cassius NOT call Caesar behind his back?
(a) A womanly personage.
(b) A small girl.
(c) Trash and rubbish.
(d) A tyrant.
2. How did Cassius tempt the Gods to strike him with lightening?
(a) Disrespected his authoritative leaders.
(b) Bared his chest and roared at the heavens.
(c) Defiled an altar to Venus.
(d) Neglected his morning prayers.
3. What about Cassius makes Caesar so uncomfortable during the celebration in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) His quiet, contemplative look.
(b) His lack of eye contact.
(c) His angry demeanor.
(d) His hungry look.
4. According to Cicero, what is to blame for all of the recent strange happenings in Rome?
(a) A civil dispute in the Heavens.
(b) An omen of good things to come.
(c) A cursed nation.
(d) A punishment for cruel dealings.
5. What does Brutus compare Caesar to as he contemplates Caesar while alone in his garden?
(a) A young eagle hatchling.
(b) A rooster in the hen house.
(c) A mad dog on a chain.
(d) A serpent in an egg.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters Act 2, Scene 4 just as Lucius leaves for the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
2. Why does Lucius go to the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
3. At the end of Act 1, what does Cassius think the recent strange happenings are a result of?
4. What time do the conspirators plan to kill Caesar?
5. What does Marullus tell the people in the streets to do at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)