|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caesar call the soothsayer in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A stranger.
(b) A dreamer.
(c) A crazy man.
(d) A loyal subject.
2. What is Caesar celebrating in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) His throngs of loyal followers.
(b) The feast of Lupercal.
(c) His conquest in Rome.
(d) His victory over Pompey.
3. How many hills are in Rome?
4. What will happen to Brutus if his plan regarding the assassination fails?
(a) He will be tortured.
(b) He will be put to death.
(c) He will be banished.
(d) His rank and riches will be taken away.
5. What does Brutus compare Caesar to as he contemplates Caesar while alone in his garden?
(a) A serpent in an egg.
(b) A mad dog on a chain.
(c) A rooster in the hen house.
(d) A young eagle hatchling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Portia hope will happen at the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
2. At the end of Act 1, what does Cassius think the recent strange happenings are a result of?
3. How does Cassius feel about the chaos in the city when he is talking to Casca in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. What does Decius say that immediately changes Caesar's decision about staying home the day of his assassination?
5. Who is the first person to warn Caesar of his assassination?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)