|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Cicero last see an owl when he is talking to Casca?
(a) Early Morning.
2. What is the soothsayer's response to Portia's question to him on the day of Caesar's assassination?
(a) He does not know, but it will be bad.
(b) Good and bad will be mingled.
(c) The signs are currently mixed.
(d) He does not know, but it will be good.
3. Why does Casca feel that Brutus needs to be part of their conspiracy?
(a) He is popular with the people.
(b) He is friends with Caesar.
(c) He is a diplomat and will calm hurt feelings.
(d) He is a wise man and will not act rashly.
4. Why does Cassius want Brutus to take part in his plan?
(a) Brutus is trusted by the people.
(b) Caesar loves Brutus.
(c) Brutus is willing to do anything for honor.
(d) Brutus is wise.
5. What will happen if Caesar does not pay attention to what the man waiting for Caeser to leave his house gives him?
(a) Caesar will shed much blood before the day is out.
(b) Caesar will die.
(c) The Senate will not lead well.
(d) Rome will fall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brutus think power would do to his friend Caesar?
2. Why are these superstitions in Act 2, Scene 2 so odd to hear from Calpurnia?
3. What did the priests find in the sacrificed animal that make them tell Caesar to stay at home?
4. What day is Caesar assassinated?
5. How long has Brutus suffered with insomnia when Cassius comes to his house?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)