|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a soothsayer tell Caesar in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) "Kindness begets power and glory."
(b) "Beware the Ides of March."
(c) "Honor to our great warrior."
(d) "Your wife shall bear thee a son."
2. Why does Cassius want Brutus to take part in his plan?
(a) Brutus is trusted by the people.
(b) Brutus is wise.
(c) Caesar loves Brutus.
(d) Brutus is willing to do anything for honor.
3. What is Lucius's occupation?
(a) Brutus' servant.
(b) A senator.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A soldier.
4. Who is Caesar's closest friend?
(c) Marc Antony.
5. What does Brutus compare Caesar to as he contemplates Caesar while alone in his garden?
(a) A rooster in the hen house.
(b) A young eagle hatchling.
(c) A serpent in an egg.
(d) A mad dog on a chain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cassius ask to deliver his false letters to Brutus?
2. What does Portia do to prove she is strong enough to hear Brutus' secret?
3. Where is Caesar returning from in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What is Caesar celebrating in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Who was Pompey before the civil war?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)