|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Brutus not running in the same race that Antony is at the celebration for?
(a) His wife asked him not to.
(b) He is wary of Ceasar.
(c) He is not well.
(d) He is not a sportsman.
2. Who does Cassius ask to deliver his false letters to Brutus?
3. What time do Cassius and Casca plan to go talk with Brutus after the first meeting of the conspirators?
(a) After the chiming of the evening bells.
(b) Early morning.
(d) After midnight.
4. How does Decius interpret Calpurnia's dream about Caesar's death?
(a) He will give new life and vitality to Rome.
(b) He will die when his mission has been fulfilled.
(c) He will be a wellspring of life and love for the Senate.
(d) His blood will renew Rome.
5. How does Cassius feel about the chaos in the city when he is talking to Casca in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He is angry about it.
(b) He has not noticed it at all.
(c) It makes him nervous.
(d) He loves it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Caesar want Antony to greet Calpurnia in a certain manner in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What does Caesar tell Antony to do to his wife as he passes her in the street during his race at the celebration?
3. Why does Brutus say he does not want to kill Antony?
4. What does Marullus ask the people he stops in the street at the beginning of the play?
5. What does a soothsayer tell Caesar in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)