|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Cicero last see an owl when he is talking to Casca?
(c) Early Morning.
2. What does Decius say that immediately changes Caesar's decision about staying home the day of his assassination?
(a) The Senate will crown him king.
(b) The Senate has a special gift for Caesar that day.
(c) The people are chanting his name in the streets.
(d) Marc Antony will be at the Senate House to protect him.
3. At the end of Act 1, what does Cassius think the recent strange happenings are a result of?
(a) The impending crowning of Caesar.
(b) A Rome with no leader.
(c) An assassination plot.
(d) A civil war in Rome.
4. Why does Brutus say he does not want to kill Antony?
(a) Antony will understand.
(b) Antony is too well-liked by the people to be murdered.
(c) Antony's power comes purely from his friendship with Caesar.
(d) Antony is a friend of the Republic.
5. Why does Caesar tell Decius about Calpurnia's dream about his death?
(a) Decius seems concerned, and Caesar wants to calm his fears.
(b) Decius pesters him with questions.
(c) Decius calls him a coward.
(d) He loves Decius.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the people used to honor before Caesar?
2. What does Lucius find in Brutus's study just before Cassius comes to visit with Brutus?
3. How many hills are in Rome?
4. Why is Brutus not running in the same race that Antony is at the celebration for?
5. Why does Cassius think Antony should be killed as well?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)