|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these bad omens in Act 2, Scene 2 has Calpurnia NOT seen?
(a) Warriors fighting among the clouds.
(b) A lion giving birth in the streets.
(c) A naked warrior.
(d) Dead emerging from their graves.
2. How did Cassius once save Caesar?
(a) He kept him from consuming poison.
(b) He fought off a horde of angry men.
(c) He saved him from drowning.
(d) He uncovered a conspiracy for his assassination.
3. Who is most upset about the people's celebration of Caesar in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Marc Antony.
4. What is Caesar celebrating in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The feast of Lupercal.
(b) His conquest in Rome.
(c) His victory over Pompey.
(d) His throngs of loyal followers.
5. What did the priests find in the sacrificed animal that make them tell Caesar to stay at home?
(a) Crossed eyes in the animal indicating a devious plot.
(b) An omen of death in the intestines.
(c) An unhealthy liver as a sign of impending sickness.
(d) No heart in the sacrificed animal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the people used to honor before Caesar?
2. Who does Marullus stop in the street at the beginning of the play?
3. What does Decius say that immediately changes Caesar's decision about staying home the day of his assassination?
4. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Brutus refuse to do when he joins the conspiracy?
5. Which of the other conspirators have suffered loss of sleep over the matter of Caesar's assassination?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)