|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Caesar want Antony to greet Calpurnia in a certain manner in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) To cure her barrenness.
(b) To let her say goodbye to him.
(c) To lift her low spirits.
(d) To show her she is loved.
2. What about Cassius makes Caesar so uncomfortable during the celebration in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) His hungry look.
(b) His lack of eye contact.
(c) His quiet, contemplative look.
(d) His angry demeanor.
3. Why does Casca feel that Brutus needs to be part of their conspiracy?
(a) He is popular with the people.
(b) He is a diplomat and will calm hurt feelings.
(c) He is friends with Caesar.
(d) He is a wise man and will not act rashly.
4. What does Lucius find in Brutus's study just before Cassius comes to visit with Brutus?
(a) An anonymous letter.
(b) A knife.
(c) A threat.
(d) An edict from Caesar.
5. What time do the conspirators plan to kill Caesar?
(a) 12:00 noon.
(b) 10:00 a.m.
(c) 8:00 p.m.
(d) 8:00 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caesar call the soothsayer in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What about Cicero does Metellus think would add viability to their assassination plot?
3. Who does Cassius ask to deliver his false letters to Brutus?
4. Who did the people used to honor before Caesar?
5. Who does Marullus stop in the street at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)