|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Caesar returning from in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Treaty talks with Greece.
(b) A building excavation of Rome.
(c) A trip to Egypt.
(d) War with Pompey.
2. Why does Cassius think Antony should be killed as well?
(a) He is a powerful friend of Caesar's.
(b) He will kill them all out of vengeance.
(c) It will prove the serious nature of their plot.
(d) He is a foolish man who does not deserve power.
3. What time do Cassius and Casca plan to go talk with Brutus after the first meeting of the conspirators?
(a) After the chiming of the evening bells.
(b) Early morning.
(d) After midnight.
4. Why is the cobbler not working at the beginning of the play?
(a) He has injured himself and is unable to work.
(b) He completed all of his work.
(c) He is using that day for religious observance.
(d) He has given himself a holiday.
5. What does Flavius think the civil unrest will do to Rome?
(a) Educate it.
(b) Rid it of unneeded rulers.
(c) Strengthen it.
(d) Weaken it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caesar first notice when he wakes up on the day of his assassination?
2. Which of these bad omens in Act 2, Scene 2 has Calpurnia NOT seen?
3. Which one of these does Cassius NOT call Caesar behind his back?
4. Why are these superstitions in Act 2, Scene 2 so odd to hear from Calpurnia?
5. What is Caesar celebrating in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)