|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Marullus and Flavius plan to do as they continue their march to the Capitol in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Stay out of sight.
(b) Defend Pompey's honor.
(c) Hold prayer groups.
(d) Break up groups of praisers for Ceasar.
2. Why does Cassius think Antony should be killed as well?
(a) He is a powerful friend of Caesar's.
(b) It will prove the serious nature of their plot.
(c) He will kill them all out of vengeance.
(d) He is a foolish man who does not deserve power.
3. How many hills are in Rome?
4. Where is Caesar returning from in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) War with Pompey.
(b) Treaty talks with Greece.
(c) A trip to Egypt.
(d) A building excavation of Rome.
5. Why are these superstitions in Act 2, Scene 2 so odd to hear from Calpurnia?
(a) She rarely speaks to Caeser anymore.
(b) She does not love her husband any more.
(c) She has never been superstitious before.
(d) She knows Caesar will not listen to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brutus personally promise Rome while alone in his backyard?
2. Who did the people used to honor before Caesar?
3. What does Brutus think power would do to his friend Caesar?
4. How long has Brutus suffered with insomnia when Cassius comes to his house?
5. Why does Brutus say he does not want to kill Antony?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)