|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Cicero last see an owl when he is talking to Casca?
(a) Early Morning.
2. What is Caesar celebrating in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) His throngs of loyal followers.
(b) His victory over Pompey.
(c) The feast of Lupercal.
(d) His conquest in Rome.
3. What does Marullus ask the people he stops in the street at the beginning of the play?
(a) What he should take to Ceasar as a tribute.
(b) How to find Caesar.
(c) Why they are not working.
(d) Where they are all going.
4. What was Calpurnia's dream about Caesar the night before his assassination?
(a) He was beheaded.
(b) His statue was running with blood.
(c) He fell into a mighty river and it ran red with blood.
(d) The senate crucified him with his newly adorned crown.
5. Who was Pompey before the civil war?
(a) A soothsayer.
(b) Caesar's co-ruler.
(c) The leader of Egypt.
(d) A prominent senator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a soothsayer tell Caesar in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. How does Cassius feel about the chaos in the city when he is talking to Casca in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. What time do Cassius and Casca plan to go talk with Brutus after the first meeting of the conspirators?
4. Where is the first meeting of conspirators held?
5. What does Brutus think power would do to his friend Caesar?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)