|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Caesar returning from in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) War with Pompey.
(b) Treaty talks with Greece.
(c) A building excavation of Rome.
(d) A trip to Egypt.
2. What does Lucius find in Brutus's study just before Cassius comes to visit with Brutus?
(a) An edict from Caesar.
(b) A threat.
(c) An anonymous letter.
(d) A knife.
3. What do Marullus and Flavius plan to do as they continue their march to the Capitol in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Stay out of sight.
(b) Break up groups of praisers for Ceasar.
(c) Defend Pompey's honor.
(d) Hold prayer groups.
4. What does Decius say that immediately changes Caesar's decision about staying home the day of his assassination?
(a) The people are chanting his name in the streets.
(b) The Senate will crown him king.
(c) Marc Antony will be at the Senate House to protect him.
(d) The Senate has a special gift for Caesar that day.
5. What does Caesar call the soothsayer in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A dreamer.
(b) A loyal subject.
(c) A stranger.
(d) A crazy man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is most upset about the people's celebration of Caesar in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Why does Caesar want Antony to greet Calpurnia in a certain manner in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What is Caesar celebrating in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does Brutus personally promise Rome while alone in his backyard?
5. What does Caesar say would make him a coward after Calpurnia tells him her worries in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)