|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about Cicero does Metellus think would add viability to their assassination plot?
(a) His great respect.
(b) His compassionate nature.
(c) His silver hairs.
(d) His great oratorical skills.
2. Why does Casca feel that Brutus needs to be part of their conspiracy?
(a) He is a diplomat and will calm hurt feelings.
(b) He is a wise man and will not act rashly.
(c) He is popular with the people.
(d) He is friends with Caesar.
3. What does Portia do to prove she is strong enough to hear Brutus' secret?
(a) Tells Brutus an evil secret of her own.
(b) Stabs herself in the leg.
(c) Cuts her finger.
(d) Swears an oath.
4. How does Cassius feel about the chaos in the city when he is talking to Casca in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) It makes him nervous.
(b) He is angry about it.
(c) He loves it.
(d) He has not noticed it at all.
5. According to Cicero, what is to blame for all of the recent strange happenings in Rome?
(a) A punishment for cruel dealings.
(b) A cursed nation.
(c) An omen of good things to come.
(d) A civil dispute in the Heavens.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are these superstitions in Act 2, Scene 2 so odd to hear from Calpurnia?
2. What does Decius say that immediately changes Caesar's decision about staying home the day of his assassination?
3. What did the priests find in the sacrificed animal that make them tell Caesar to stay at home?
4. Why does Brutus say he does not want to kill Antony?
5. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Brutus refuse to do when he joins the conspiracy?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)