|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cassius want Brutus to take part in his plan?
(a) Brutus is wise.
(b) Caesar loves Brutus.
(c) Brutus is willing to do anything for honor.
(d) Brutus is trusted by the people.
2. Which one of these does Cassius NOT call Caesar behind his back?
(a) A womanly personage.
(b) A small girl.
(c) A tyrant.
(d) Trash and rubbish.
3. What is Caesar celebrating in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The feast of Lupercal.
(b) His conquest in Rome.
(c) His throngs of loyal followers.
(d) His victory over Pompey.
4. What does Caesar call the soothsayer in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A dreamer.
(b) A stranger.
(c) A crazy man.
(d) A loyal subject.
5. What does Brutus personally promise Rome while alone in his backyard?
(a) To take Caesar out of power.
(b) To follow his heart.
(c) To protect Caesar from harm.
(d) To do what is wanted by the people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the people used to honor before Caesar?
2. What do Marullus and Flavius plan to do as they continue their march to the Capitol in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What happens to Caesar as Cassius and Brutus have their private discussion during the celebration in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does Portia do to prove she is strong enough to hear Brutus' secret?
5. How does Cassius feel about the chaos in the city when he is talking to Casca in Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)