|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Caesar want Antony to greet Calpurnia in a certain manner in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) To show her she is loved.
(b) To let her say goodbye to him.
(c) To cure her barrenness.
(d) To lift her low spirits.
2. What does Caesar say about the signs Calpurnia has seen of impending doom?
(a) They could be meant for any man.
(b) They are figments of her imagination.
(c) He will risk the chance of death to uphold his honor.
(d) He does not believe in signs.
3. In Act 1, Scene 2, how does Brutus say he feels about honor?
(a) He hopes some honor will make his wife proud of him.
(b) He loves honor more than he fears death.
(c) He wants honor, but so much to kill for it.
(d) He feels honor is subjective and frail.
4. Why does Casca feel that Brutus needs to be part of their conspiracy?
(a) He is popular with the people.
(b) He is a diplomat and will calm hurt feelings.
(c) He is friends with Caesar.
(d) He is a wise man and will not act rashly.
5. What time do the conspirators plan to kill Caesar?
(a) 10:00 a.m.
(b) 8:00 p.m.
(c) 12:00 noon.
(d) 8:00 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Marullus and Flavius plan to do as they continue their march to the Capitol in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Why does Caesar tell Decius about Calpurnia's dream about his death?
3. What did the priests find in the sacrificed animal that make them tell Caesar to stay at home?
4. What does Caesar first notice when he wakes up on the day of his assassination?
5. According to Cicero, what is to blame for all of the recent strange happenings in Rome?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)