|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the cobbler not working at the beginning of the play?
(a) He has given himself a holiday.
(b) He has injured himself and is unable to work.
(c) He completed all of his work.
(d) He is using that day for religious observance.
2. Why does Brutus say he does not want to kill Antony?
(a) Antony's power comes purely from his friendship with Caesar.
(b) Antony is too well-liked by the people to be murdered.
(c) Antony will understand.
(d) Antony is a friend of the Republic.
3. Where is Caesar returning from in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Treaty talks with Greece.
(b) A building excavation of Rome.
(c) A trip to Egypt.
(d) War with Pompey.
4. What happens to Caesar as Cassius and Brutus have their private discussion during the celebration in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He abdicates the throne.
(b) He is crowned king.
(c) He has an epileptic fit.
(d) He faints.
5. What was Calpurnia's dream about Caesar the night before his assassination?
(a) His statue was running with blood.
(b) He fell into a mighty river and it ran red with blood.
(c) He was beheaded.
(d) The senate crucified him with his newly adorned crown.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Brutus not running in the same race that Antony is at the celebration for?
2. What does Caesar call the soothsayer in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What does Calpurnia say that eventually convinces Caesar to stay at home in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. How does Decius interpret Calpurnia's dream about Caesar's death?
5. How did Cassius tempt the Gods to strike him with lightening?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)