|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Brutus suffered with insomnia when Cassius comes to his house?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) A month.
(c) 2 months.
(d) A year.
2. What is Casca so concerned about when he first meets Cicero in Act 1, Scene 3
(a) The lions in the forest.
(b) A curse.
(c) The storm that rages about them.
(d) The battle brewing in Rome.
3. How did Cassius once save Caesar?
(a) He kept him from consuming poison.
(b) He saved him from drowning.
(c) He fought off a horde of angry men.
(d) He uncovered a conspiracy for his assassination.
4. What does Brutus personally promise Rome while alone in his backyard?
(a) To take Caesar out of power.
(b) To do what is wanted by the people.
(c) To protect Caesar from harm.
(d) To follow his heart.
5. What does Caesar first notice when he wakes up on the day of his assassination?
(a) He sees an owl in the daylight.
(b) A feeling of gloom.
(c) It is oddly bright.
(d) The stormy weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these bad omens in Act 2, Scene 2 has Calpurnia NOT seen?
2. What does Lucius find in Brutus's study just before Cassius comes to visit with Brutus?
3. Why does Cassius think Antony should be killed as well?
4. How did Cassius tempt the Gods to strike him with lightening?
5. What is Caesar celebrating in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)