|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caesar call the soothsayer in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A dreamer.
(b) A stranger.
(c) A crazy man.
(d) A loyal subject.
2. What did the priests find in the sacrificed animal that make them tell Caesar to stay at home?
(a) An omen of death in the intestines.
(b) An unhealthy liver as a sign of impending sickness.
(c) Crossed eyes in the animal indicating a devious plot.
(d) No heart in the sacrificed animal.
3. Why are these superstitions in Act 2, Scene 2 so odd to hear from Calpurnia?
(a) She has never been superstitious before.
(b) She knows Caesar will not listen to her.
(c) She does not love her husband any more.
(d) She rarely speaks to Caeser anymore.
4. Why does Brutus say he does not want to kill Antony?
(a) Antony's power comes purely from his friendship with Caesar.
(b) Antony will understand.
(c) Antony is too well-liked by the people to be murdered.
(d) Antony is a friend of the Republic.
5. What time do the conspirators plan to kill Caesar?
(a) 12:00 noon.
(b) 10:00 a.m.
(c) 8:00 a.m.
(d) 8:00 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cassius feel about the chaos in the city when he is talking to Casca in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. What does Marullus ask the people he stops in the street at the beginning of the play?
3. What does Flavius think the civil unrest will do to Rome?
4. What does Caesar say would make him a coward after Calpurnia tells him her worries in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What about Cassius makes Caesar so uncomfortable during the celebration in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)