|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the people used to honor before Caesar?
(d) Marc Antony.
2. In Act 1, Scene 2, how does Brutus say he feels about honor?
(a) He loves honor more than he fears death.
(b) He hopes some honor will make his wife proud of him.
(c) He wants honor, but so much to kill for it.
(d) He feels honor is subjective and frail.
3. What did the priests find in the sacrificed animal that make them tell Caesar to stay at home?
(a) An unhealthy liver as a sign of impending sickness.
(b) No heart in the sacrificed animal.
(c) An omen of death in the intestines.
(d) Crossed eyes in the animal indicating a devious plot.
4. What does Calpurnia say that eventually convinces Caesar to stay at home in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The crown will fit more comfortably on a day not laden with omens.
(b) Antony can tell the Senate that Caesar is ill.
(c) He can use her worries as an excuse.
(d) The Senate will be more convinced that he is not a tyrant if he stays home.
5. What about Cassius makes Caesar so uncomfortable during the celebration in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) His quiet, contemplative look.
(b) His lack of eye contact.
(c) His hungry look.
(d) His angry demeanor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Casca feel that Brutus needs to be part of their conspiracy?
2. What was Calpurnia's dream about Caesar the night before his assassination?
3. Who does Cassius ask to deliver his false letters to Brutus?
4. What does a soothsayer tell Caesar in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. According to Cicero, what is to blame for all of the recent strange happenings in Rome?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)