|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the other conspirators have suffered loss of sleep over the matter of Caesar's assassination?
2. Who does Marullus stop in the street at the beginning of the play?
3. What was Calpurnia's dream about Caesar the night before his assassination?
(a) He was beheaded.
(b) The senate crucified him with his newly adorned crown.
(c) His statue was running with blood.
(d) He fell into a mighty river and it ran red with blood.
4. What does Brutus compare Caesar to as he contemplates Caesar while alone in his garden?
(a) A mad dog on a chain.
(b) A serpent in an egg.
(c) A young eagle hatchling.
(d) A rooster in the hen house.
5. What does Caesar say about the signs Calpurnia has seen of impending doom?
(a) They could be meant for any man.
(b) He does not believe in signs.
(c) He will risk the chance of death to uphold his honor.
(d) They are figments of her imagination.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marullus ask the people he stops in the street at the beginning of the play?
2. Why is Brutus not running in the same race that Antony is at the celebration for?
3. Where is Caesar returning from in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What does Lucius find in Brutus's study just before Cassius comes to visit with Brutus?
5. Who is most upset about the people's celebration of Caesar in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)