|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Caesar want Antony to greet Calpurnia in a certain manner in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) To cure her barrenness.
(b) To lift her low spirits.
(c) To let her say goodbye to him.
(d) To show her she is loved.
2. Why is Brutus not running in the same race that Antony is at the celebration for?
(a) His wife asked him not to.
(b) He is not well.
(c) He is wary of Ceasar.
(d) He is not a sportsman.
3. What does Lucius find in Brutus's study just before Cassius comes to visit with Brutus?
(a) A threat.
(b) An anonymous letter.
(c) An edict from Caesar.
(d) A knife.
4. What was Calpurnia's dream about Caesar the night before his assassination?
(a) The senate crucified him with his newly adorned crown.
(b) He fell into a mighty river and it ran red with blood.
(c) His statue was running with blood.
(d) He was beheaded.
5. Where is Caesar returning from in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) War with Pompey.
(b) Treaty talks with Greece.
(c) A trip to Egypt.
(d) A building excavation of Rome.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Brutus say he does not want to kill Antony?
2. What about Cicero does Metellus think would add viability to their assassination plot?
3. What is Caesar celebrating in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Why does Casca feel that Brutus needs to be part of their conspiracy?
5. Who did the people used to honor before Caesar?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)