|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time do Cassius and Casca plan to go talk with Brutus after the first meeting of the conspirators?
(a) Early morning.
(c) After midnight.
(d) After the chiming of the evening bells.
2. How did Cassius once save Caesar?
(a) He saved him from drowning.
(b) He kept him from consuming poison.
(c) He uncovered a conspiracy for his assassination.
(d) He fought off a horde of angry men.
3. What does Decius say that immediately changes Caesar's decision about staying home the day of his assassination?
(a) The people are chanting his name in the streets.
(b) Marc Antony will be at the Senate House to protect him.
(c) The Senate will crown him king.
(d) The Senate has a special gift for Caesar that day.
4. Why is Brutus not running in the same race that Antony is at the celebration for?
(a) He is wary of Ceasar.
(b) He is not a sportsman.
(c) He is not well.
(d) His wife asked him not to.
5. Why does Cassius want Brutus to take part in his plan?
(a) Brutus is trusted by the people.
(b) Brutus is wise.
(c) Brutus is willing to do anything for honor.
(d) Caesar loves Brutus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Pompey before the civil war?
2. Why does Caesar want Antony to greet Calpurnia in a certain manner in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What did the priests find in the sacrificed animal that make them tell Caesar to stay at home?
4. Why does Brutus say he does not want to kill Antony?
5. Why are these superstitions in Act 2, Scene 2 so odd to hear from Calpurnia?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)