|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Cassius once save Caesar?
(a) He saved him from drowning.
(b) He kept him from consuming poison.
(c) He fought off a horde of angry men.
(d) He uncovered a conspiracy for his assassination.
2. What does Flavius think the civil unrest will do to Rome?
(a) Rid it of unneeded rulers.
(b) Educate it.
(c) Strengthen it.
(d) Weaken it.
3. What is Caesar celebrating in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The feast of Lupercal.
(b) His victory over Pompey.
(c) His conquest in Rome.
(d) His throngs of loyal followers.
4. What do Marullus and Flavius plan to do as they continue their march to the Capitol in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Stay out of sight.
(b) Defend Pompey's honor.
(c) Break up groups of praisers for Ceasar.
(d) Hold prayer groups.
5. In Act 1, Scene 2, how does Brutus say he feels about honor?
(a) He wants honor, but so much to kill for it.
(b) He feels honor is subjective and frail.
(c) He loves honor more than he fears death.
(d) He hopes some honor will make his wife proud of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cicero talk to Casca when they first appear in the play?
2. Who is most upset about the people's celebration of Caesar in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Who does Cassius ask to deliver his false letters to Brutus?
4. Why does Cassius want Brutus to take part in his plan?
5. What does Marullus tell the people in the streets to do at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)