|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Caesar want Antony to greet Calpurnia in a certain manner in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) To lift her low spirits.
(b) To let her say goodbye to him.
(c) To show her she is loved.
(d) To cure her barrenness.
2. Why is Brutus not running in the same race that Antony is at the celebration for?
(a) He is wary of Ceasar.
(b) He is not well.
(c) He is not a sportsman.
(d) His wife asked him not to.
3. What does Caesar call the soothsayer in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A stranger.
(b) A dreamer.
(c) A loyal subject.
(d) A crazy man.
4. What does Flavius think the civil unrest will do to Rome?
(a) Educate it.
(b) Weaken it.
(c) Rid it of unneeded rulers.
(d) Strengthen it.
5. What does Marullus tell the people in the streets to do at the beginning of the play?
(a) Join him in his march to Rome to honor Caesar.
(b) Go home and pray for forgiveness.
(c) Create an altar for Caesar.
(d) Pray for thanks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cassius want Brutus to take part in his plan?
2. Who did the people used to honor before Caesar?
3. In Act 1, Scene 2, how does Brutus say he feels about honor?
4. What time do Cassius and Casca plan to go talk with Brutus after the first meeting of the conspirators?
5. Who was Pompey before the civil war?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)