|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Pompey before the civil war?
(a) A soothsayer.
(b) Caesar's co-ruler.
(c) The leader of Egypt.
(d) A prominent senator.
2. How did Cassius once save Caesar?
(a) He fought off a horde of angry men.
(b) He uncovered a conspiracy for his assassination.
(c) He saved him from drowning.
(d) He kept him from consuming poison.
3. Who did the people used to honor before Caesar?
(b) Marc Antony.
4. Why does Caesar want Antony to greet Calpurnia in a certain manner in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) To lift her low spirits.
(b) To show her she is loved.
(c) To cure her barrenness.
(d) To let her say goodbye to him.
5. How does Cassius feel about the chaos in the city when he is talking to Casca in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He loves it.
(b) It makes him nervous.
(c) He is angry about it.
(d) He has not noticed it at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marullus tell the people in the streets to do at the beginning of the play?
2. What do Marullus and Flavius plan to do as they continue their march to the Capitol in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. How many hills are in Rome?
4. How did Cassius tempt the Gods to strike him with lightening?
5. What does Flavius think the civil unrest will do to Rome?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)