|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Caesar want Antony to greet Calpurnia in a certain manner in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) To let her say goodbye to him.
(b) To lift her low spirits.
(c) To cure her barrenness.
(d) To show her she is loved.
2. Why does Cassius want Brutus to take part in his plan?
(a) Brutus is wise.
(b) Caesar loves Brutus.
(c) Brutus is trusted by the people.
(d) Brutus is willing to do anything for honor.
3. What does Marullus ask the people he stops in the street at the beginning of the play?
(a) Where they are all going.
(b) What he should take to Ceasar as a tribute.
(c) Why they are not working.
(d) How to find Caesar.
4. Who was Pompey before the civil war?
(a) Caesar's co-ruler.
(b) The leader of Egypt.
(c) A soothsayer.
(d) A prominent senator.
5. Who does Cassius ask to deliver his false letters to Brutus?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Brutus not running in the same race that Antony is at the celebration for?
2. Where does Cicero talk to Casca when they first appear in the play?
3. What does Flavius think the civil unrest will do to Rome?
4. What job title does Flavius have at the beginning of the play?
5. What do Marullus and Flavius plan to do as they continue their march to the Capitol in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)