|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Cicero talk to Casca when they first appear in the play?
(a) On the street.
(b) In the Senate house.
(c) In an open field.
(d) At his house.
2. What time do Cassius and Casca plan to go talk with Brutus after the first meeting of the conspirators?
(b) Early morning.
(c) After midnight.
(d) After the chiming of the evening bells.
3. Who was Pompey before the civil war?
(a) A prominent senator.
(b) The leader of Egypt.
(c) A soothsayer.
(d) Caesar's co-ruler.
4. How did Cassius tempt the Gods to strike him with lightening?
(a) Bared his chest and roared at the heavens.
(b) Disrespected his authoritative leaders.
(c) Defiled an altar to Venus.
(d) Neglected his morning prayers.
5. What does Caesar tell Antony to do to his wife as he passes her in the street during his race at the celebration?
(a) Speak kind words to her.
(b) Smile kindly upon her.
(c) Strike her with a goatskin thong.
(d) Bid her farewell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Brutus not running in the same race that Antony is at the celebration for?
2. Who does Cassius ask to deliver his false letters to Brutus?
3. What happens to Caesar as Cassius and Brutus have their private discussion during the celebration in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Who did the people used to honor before Caesar?
5. Where is the first meeting of conspirators held?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)