|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Marullus stop in the street at the beginning of the play?
2. What about Cassius makes Caesar so uncomfortable during the celebration in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) His angry demeanor.
(b) His lack of eye contact.
(c) His quiet, contemplative look.
(d) His hungry look.
3. What do Marullus and Flavius plan to do as they continue their march to the Capitol in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Defend Pompey's honor.
(b) Stay out of sight.
(c) Break up groups of praisers for Ceasar.
(d) Hold prayer groups.
4. What is Caesar celebrating in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) His throngs of loyal followers.
(b) The feast of Lupercal.
(c) His conquest in Rome.
(d) His victory over Pompey.
5. What does Flavius think the civil unrest will do to Rome?
(a) Rid it of unneeded rulers.
(b) Weaken it.
(c) Educate it.
(d) Strengthen it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job title does Flavius have at the beginning of the play?
2. How many hills are in Rome?
3. Why does Cassius want Brutus to take part in his plan?
4. Where is the first meeting of conspirators held?
5. Which one of these does Cassius NOT call Caesar behind his back?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)