|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the cobbler not working at the beginning of the play?
(a) He has injured himself and is unable to work.
(b) He completed all of his work.
(c) He is using that day for religious observance.
(d) He has given himself a holiday.
2. Where does Cicero talk to Casca when they first appear in the play?
(a) In the Senate house.
(b) At his house.
(c) In an open field.
(d) On the street.
3. According to Cicero, what is to blame for all of the recent strange happenings in Rome?
(a) An omen of good things to come.
(b) A civil dispute in the Heavens.
(c) A punishment for cruel dealings.
(d) A cursed nation.
4. What does Marullus ask the people he stops in the street at the beginning of the play?
(a) What he should take to Ceasar as a tribute.
(b) Why they are not working.
(c) How to find Caesar.
(d) Where they are all going.
5. What does Caesar tell Antony to do to his wife as he passes her in the street during his race at the celebration?
(a) Bid her farewell.
(b) Strike her with a goatskin thong.
(c) Smile kindly upon her.
(d) Speak kind words to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Brutus not running in the same race that Antony is at the celebration for?
2. How does Cassius feel about the chaos in the city when he is talking to Casca in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. How did Cassius once save Caesar?
4. Why does Casca feel that Brutus needs to be part of their conspiracy?
5. How many hills are in Rome?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)