|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caesar call the soothsayer in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A loyal subject.
(b) A dreamer.
(c) A stranger.
(d) A crazy man.
2. Why does Caesar want Antony to greet Calpurnia in a certain manner in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) To show her she is loved.
(b) To lift her low spirits.
(c) To cure her barrenness.
(d) To let her say goodbye to him.
3. When did Cicero last see an owl when he is talking to Casca?
(d) Early Morning.
4. What does a soothsayer tell Caesar in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) "Honor to our great warrior."
(b) "Kindness begets power and glory."
(c) "Your wife shall bear thee a son."
(d) "Beware the Ides of March."
5. Who did the people used to honor before Caesar?
(c) Marc Antony.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Brutus not running in the same race that Antony is at the celebration for?
2. What is Casca so concerned about when he first meets Cicero in Act 1, Scene 3
3. Who was Pompey before the civil war?
4. What is Caesar celebrating in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. How does Cassius feel about the chaos in the city when he is talking to Casca in Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)