|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is most upset about the people's celebration of Caesar in Act 1, Scene 1?
(d) Marc Antony.
2. According to Cicero, what is to blame for all of the recent strange happenings in Rome?
(a) A punishment for cruel dealings.
(b) A cursed nation.
(c) A civil dispute in the Heavens.
(d) An omen of good things to come.
3. Where does Cicero talk to Casca when they first appear in the play?
(a) On the street.
(b) In the Senate house.
(c) At his house.
(d) In an open field.
4. How does Cassius feel about the chaos in the city when he is talking to Casca in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He has not noticed it at all.
(b) It makes him nervous.
(c) He is angry about it.
(d) He loves it.
5. At the end of Act 1, what does Cassius think the recent strange happenings are a result of?
(a) An assassination plot.
(b) A civil war in Rome.
(c) The impending crowning of Caesar.
(d) A Rome with no leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Caesar as Cassius and Brutus have their private discussion during the celebration in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What do Marullus and Flavius plan to do as they continue their march to the Capitol in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Why does Cassius want Brutus to take part in his plan?
4. Why is Brutus not running in the same race that Antony is at the celebration for?
5. Why does Casca feel that Brutus needs to be part of their conspiracy?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)