|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Marullus stop in the street at the beginning of the play?
2. What does a soothsayer tell Caesar in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) "Kindness begets power and glory."
(b) "Honor to our great warrior."
(c) "Your wife shall bear thee a son."
(d) "Beware the Ides of March."
3. Where is the first meeting of conspirators held?
(a) The senate house.
(b) Pompey's amphitheatre.
(c) A public square.
(d) The house of Cassius.
4. What does Caesar tell Antony to do to his wife as he passes her in the street during his race at the celebration?
(a) Speak kind words to her.
(b) Smile kindly upon her.
(c) Bid her farewell.
(d) Strike her with a goatskin thong.
5. How many hills are in Rome?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Cassius tempt the Gods to strike him with lightening?
2. What does Marullus tell the people in the streets to do at the beginning of the play?
3. At the end of Act 1, what does Cassius think the recent strange happenings are a result of?
4. Why does Casca feel that Brutus needs to be part of their conspiracy?
5. Who does Cassius ask to deliver his false letters to Brutus?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)