|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Caesar returning from in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) A building excavation of Rome.
(b) A trip to Egypt.
(c) Treaty talks with Greece.
(d) War with Pompey.
2. According to Cicero, what is to blame for all of the recent strange happenings in Rome?
(a) A cursed nation.
(b) An omen of good things to come.
(c) A civil dispute in the Heavens.
(d) A punishment for cruel dealings.
3. Where does Cicero talk to Casca when they first appear in the play?
(a) On the street.
(b) In the Senate house.
(c) In an open field.
(d) At his house.
4. What happens to Caesar as Cassius and Brutus have their private discussion during the celebration in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He is crowned king.
(b) He has an epileptic fit.
(c) He abdicates the throne.
(d) He faints.
5. How did Cassius once save Caesar?
(a) He kept him from consuming poison.
(b) He fought off a horde of angry men.
(c) He uncovered a conspiracy for his assassination.
(d) He saved him from drowning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Brutus not running in the same race that Antony is at the celebration for?
2. At the end of Act 1, what does Cassius think the recent strange happenings are a result of?
3. In Act 1, Scene 2, how does Brutus say he feels about honor?
4. What does Flavius think the civil unrest will do to Rome?
5. Why does Casca feel that Brutus needs to be part of their conspiracy?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)