|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Casca feel that Brutus needs to be part of their conspiracy?
(a) He is a wise man and will not act rashly.
(b) He is a diplomat and will calm hurt feelings.
(c) He is popular with the people.
(d) He is friends with Caesar.
2. Why does Caesar want Antony to greet Calpurnia in a certain manner in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) To cure her barrenness.
(b) To show her she is loved.
(c) To lift her low spirits.
(d) To let her say goodbye to him.
3. What does Caesar tell Antony to do to his wife as he passes her in the street during his race at the celebration?
(a) Bid her farewell.
(b) Smile kindly upon her.
(c) Strike her with a goatskin thong.
(d) Speak kind words to her.
4. Why does Cassius want Brutus to take part in his plan?
(a) Brutus is wise.
(b) Brutus is willing to do anything for honor.
(c) Brutus is trusted by the people.
(d) Caesar loves Brutus.
5. In Act 1, Scene 2, how does Brutus say he feels about honor?
(a) He wants honor, but so much to kill for it.
(b) He feels honor is subjective and frail.
(c) He loves honor more than he fears death.
(d) He hopes some honor will make his wife proud of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Caesar celebrating in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What does Flavius think the civil unrest will do to Rome?
3. Who is most upset about the people's celebration of Caesar in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Where is Caesar returning from in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What does Marullus tell the people in the streets to do at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)