|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the cobbler not working at the beginning of the play?
(a) He has injured himself and is unable to work.
(b) He has given himself a holiday.
(c) He completed all of his work.
(d) He is using that day for religious observance.
2. Where does Cicero talk to Casca when they first appear in the play?
(a) On the street.
(b) At his house.
(c) In the Senate house.
(d) In an open field.
3. Who did the people used to honor before Caesar?
(a) Marc Antony.
4. Why does Casca feel that Brutus needs to be part of their conspiracy?
(a) He is friends with Caesar.
(b) He is a diplomat and will calm hurt feelings.
(c) He is popular with the people.
(d) He is a wise man and will not act rashly.
5. Why does Cassius want Brutus to take part in his plan?
(a) Brutus is willing to do anything for honor.
(b) Brutus is wise.
(c) Caesar loves Brutus.
(d) Brutus is trusted by the people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Caesar returning from in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What about Cassius makes Caesar so uncomfortable during the celebration in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Who is most upset about the people's celebration of Caesar in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Which one of these does Cassius NOT call Caesar behind his back?
5. According to Cicero, what is to blame for all of the recent strange happenings in Rome?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)