|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the cobbler not working at the beginning of the play?
(a) He is using that day for religious observance.
(b) He completed all of his work.
(c) He has given himself a holiday.
(d) He has injured himself and is unable to work.
2. When did Cicero last see an owl when he is talking to Casca?
(b) Early Morning.
3. What is Caesar celebrating in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) His throngs of loyal followers.
(b) His victory over Pompey.
(c) The feast of Lupercal.
(d) His conquest in Rome.
4. How many times did Caesar refuse the crown offered him by Antony?
5. Why does Casca feel that Brutus needs to be part of their conspiracy?
(a) He is friends with Caesar.
(b) He is a wise man and will not act rashly.
(c) He is popular with the people.
(d) He is a diplomat and will calm hurt feelings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time do Cassius and Casca plan to go talk with Brutus after the first meeting of the conspirators?
2. Who did the people used to honor before Caesar?
3. Where is Caesar returning from in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. How did Cassius tempt the Gods to strike him with lightening?
5. Who does Cassius ask to deliver his false letters to Brutus?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)