|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Caesar as Cassius and Brutus have their private discussion during the celebration in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He is crowned king.
(b) He faints.
(c) He abdicates the throne.
(d) He has an epileptic fit.
2. Why does Cassius want Brutus to take part in his plan?
(a) Brutus is trusted by the people.
(b) Brutus is willing to do anything for honor.
(c) Caesar loves Brutus.
(d) Brutus is wise.
3. What does Marullus ask the people he stops in the street at the beginning of the play?
(a) What he should take to Ceasar as a tribute.
(b) Why they are not working.
(c) Where they are all going.
(d) How to find Caesar.
4. According to Cicero, what is to blame for all of the recent strange happenings in Rome?
(a) A cursed nation.
(b) A civil dispute in the Heavens.
(c) An omen of good things to come.
(d) A punishment for cruel dealings.
5. What does Caesar tell Antony to do to his wife as he passes her in the street during his race at the celebration?
(a) Bid her farewell.
(b) Smile kindly upon her.
(c) Strike her with a goatskin thong.
(d) Speak kind words to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caesar call the soothsayer in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What does Flavius think the civil unrest will do to Rome?
3. How does Cassius feel about the chaos in the city when he is talking to Casca in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. How many hills are in Rome?
5. How many times did Caesar refuse the crown offered him by Antony?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)