|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Act 1, what does Cassius think the recent strange happenings are a result of?
(a) A Rome with no leader.
(b) The impending crowning of Caesar.
(c) A civil war in Rome.
(d) An assassination plot.
2. What does a soothsayer tell Caesar in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) "Beware the Ides of March."
(b) "Your wife shall bear thee a son."
(c) "Honor to our great warrior."
(d) "Kindness begets power and glory."
3. What job title does Flavius have at the beginning of the play?
4. Why is the cobbler not working at the beginning of the play?
(a) He is using that day for religious observance.
(b) He completed all of his work.
(c) He has given himself a holiday.
(d) He has injured himself and is unable to work.
5. Who does Marullus stop in the street at the beginning of the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times did Caesar refuse the crown offered him by Antony?
2. What does Marullus ask the people he stops in the street at the beginning of the play?
3. Where is Caesar returning from in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What does Marullus tell the people in the streets to do at the beginning of the play?
5. What does Caesar tell Antony to do to his wife as he passes her in the street during his race at the celebration?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)