|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 2, how does Brutus say he feels about honor?
(a) He feels honor is subjective and frail.
(b) He hopes some honor will make his wife proud of him.
(c) He wants honor, but so much to kill for it.
(d) He loves honor more than he fears death.
2. How many hills are in Rome?
3. Why does Casca feel that Brutus needs to be part of their conspiracy?
(a) He is friends with Caesar.
(b) He is popular with the people.
(c) He is a diplomat and will calm hurt feelings.
(d) He is a wise man and will not act rashly.
4. How did Cassius tempt the Gods to strike him with lightening?
(a) Bared his chest and roared at the heavens.
(b) Neglected his morning prayers.
(c) Disrespected his authoritative leaders.
(d) Defiled an altar to Venus.
5. Why does Caesar want Antony to greet Calpurnia in a certain manner in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) To show her she is loved.
(b) To let her say goodbye to him.
(c) To cure her barrenness.
(d) To lift her low spirits.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times did Caesar refuse the crown offered him by Antony?
2. Why is the cobbler not working at the beginning of the play?
3. What is Caesar celebrating in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Who was Pompey before the civil war?
5. Who is most upset about the people's celebration of Caesar in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)