|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Caesar returning from in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Treaty talks with Greece.
(b) A trip to Egypt.
(c) A building excavation of Rome.
(d) War with Pompey.
2. What time do Cassius and Casca plan to go talk with Brutus after the first meeting of the conspirators?
(a) After midnight.
(b) Early morning.
(c) After the chiming of the evening bells.
3. Who was Pompey before the civil war?
(a) The leader of Egypt.
(b) A soothsayer.
(c) A prominent senator.
(d) Caesar's co-ruler.
4. How does Cassius feel about the chaos in the city when he is talking to Casca in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He is angry about it.
(b) He has not noticed it at all.
(c) It makes him nervous.
(d) He loves it.
5. What is Casca so concerned about when he first meets Cicero in Act 1, Scene 3
(a) The storm that rages about them.
(b) The battle brewing in Rome.
(c) A curse.
(d) The lions in the forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cicero talk to Casca when they first appear in the play?
2. Why is the cobbler not working at the beginning of the play?
3. Who does Marullus stop in the street at the beginning of the play?
4. What does a soothsayer tell Caesar in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Why does Caesar want Antony to greet Calpurnia in a certain manner in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)