|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caesar tell Antony to do to his wife as he passes her in the street during his race at the celebration?
(a) Bid her farewell.
(b) Speak kind words to her.
(c) Strike her with a goatskin thong.
(d) Smile kindly upon her.
2. How many times did Caesar refuse the crown offered him by Antony?
3. How did Cassius tempt the Gods to strike him with lightening?
(a) Bared his chest and roared at the heavens.
(b) Defiled an altar to Venus.
(c) Neglected his morning prayers.
(d) Disrespected his authoritative leaders.
4. Who did the people used to honor before Caesar?
(a) Marc Antony.
5. What does Flavius think the civil unrest will do to Rome?
(a) Strengthen it.
(b) Rid it of unneeded rulers.
(c) Educate it.
(d) Weaken it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is most upset about the people's celebration of Caesar in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Why is Brutus not running in the same race that Antony is at the celebration for?
3. What does Caesar call the soothsayer in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What is Caesar celebrating in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Which one of these does Cassius NOT call Caesar behind his back?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)