|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flavius think the civil unrest will do to Rome?
(a) Strengthen it.
(b) Educate it.
(c) Rid it of unneeded rulers.
(d) Weaken it.
2. What does Caesar tell Antony to do to his wife as he passes her in the street during his race at the celebration?
(a) Bid her farewell.
(b) Speak kind words to her.
(c) Strike her with a goatskin thong.
(d) Smile kindly upon her.
3. Where does Cicero talk to Casca when they first appear in the play?
(a) In an open field.
(b) In the Senate house.
(c) At his house.
(d) On the street.
4. Why does Caesar want Antony to greet Calpurnia in a certain manner in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) To lift her low spirits.
(b) To let her say goodbye to him.
(c) To cure her barrenness.
(d) To show her she is loved.
5. What is Casca so concerned about when he first meets Cicero in Act 1, Scene 3
(a) The storm that rages about them.
(b) The lions in the forest.
(c) A curse.
(d) The battle brewing in Rome.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Cicero last see an owl when he is talking to Casca?
2. Who does Cassius ask to deliver his false letters to Brutus?
3. According to Cicero, what is to blame for all of the recent strange happenings in Rome?
4. How did Cassius tempt the Gods to strike him with lightening?
5. Why does Casca feel that Brutus needs to be part of their conspiracy?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)