|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Marullus and Flavius plan to do as they continue their march to the Capitol in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Defend Pompey's honor.
(b) Stay out of sight.
(c) Hold prayer groups.
(d) Break up groups of praisers for Ceasar.
2. Why does Cassius want Brutus to take part in his plan?
(a) Brutus is willing to do anything for honor.
(b) Brutus is wise.
(c) Caesar loves Brutus.
(d) Brutus is trusted by the people.
3. When did Cicero last see an owl when he is talking to Casca?
(c) Early Morning.
4. Who is most upset about the people's celebration of Caesar in Act 1, Scene 1?
(b) Marc Antony.
5. Why is Brutus not running in the same race that Antony is at the celebration for?
(a) He is not well.
(b) His wife asked him not to.
(c) He is not a sportsman.
(d) He is wary of Ceasar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the first meeting of conspirators held?
2. Why is the cobbler not working at the beginning of the play?
3. At the end of Act 1, what does Cassius think the recent strange happenings are a result of?
4. According to Cicero, what is to blame for all of the recent strange happenings in Rome?
5. Who was Pompey before the civil war?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)