|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of these does Cassius NOT call Caesar behind his back?
(a) Trash and rubbish.
(b) A tyrant.
(c) A small girl.
(d) A womanly personage.
2. Why is the cobbler not working at the beginning of the play?
(a) He has injured himself and is unable to work.
(b) He completed all of his work.
(c) He has given himself a holiday.
(d) He is using that day for religious observance.
3. How did Cassius tempt the Gods to strike him with lightening?
(a) Neglected his morning prayers.
(b) Disrespected his authoritative leaders.
(c) Defiled an altar to Venus.
(d) Bared his chest and roared at the heavens.
4. Why is Brutus not running in the same race that Antony is at the celebration for?
(a) He is wary of Ceasar.
(b) He is not a sportsman.
(c) He is not well.
(d) His wife asked him not to.
5. What does Caesar tell Antony to do to his wife as he passes her in the street during his race at the celebration?
(a) Strike her with a goatskin thong.
(b) Bid her farewell.
(c) Smile kindly upon her.
(d) Speak kind words to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Marullus and Flavius plan to do as they continue their march to the Capitol in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Why does Casca feel that Brutus needs to be part of their conspiracy?
3. Who was Pompey before the civil war?
4. Who did the people used to honor before Caesar?
5. When did Cicero last see an owl when he is talking to Casca?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)