|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Portia so worried for her husband on the day of Caesar's assassination?
(a) She knows what he is about to do.
(b) She had a dream.
(c) She has seen bad omens in the streets.
(d) She is nervous because of what the soothsayer told her.
2. What does Brutus think power would do to his friend Caesar?
(a) Drive him insane.
(b) Make him whole.
(c) Change him.
(d) Put him in danger.
3. What does Portia hope will happen at the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
(a) Her husband will escape the mob unharmed.
(b) Brutus will succeed.
(c) Caesar will be crowned.
(d) Peace will prevail.
4. What does Brutus accuse Cassius of after Cassius has explained in Act 4, Scene 3 how Brutus wronged him?
(a) Having a weak constitution.
(b) Having a fickle spirit.
(c) Caring too much for power and praise.
(d) Having an itchy palm when it comes to money.
5. What does the man waiting for Caesar to leave his house say about virtue?
(a) Caesar is the last man alive who has it.
(b) It is a dead form.
(c) The last shreds of virute in Rome will be destroyed that day.
(d) There will always be envious people trying to destroy it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Casca feel that Brutus needs to be part of their conspiracy?
2. Who does Brutus send on an important errand during the battle against Marc Antony in Act 5, Scene 2?
3. What did Caesar leave to all the people of Rome in his Will?
4. Who does Cassius ask to deliver his false letters to Brutus?
5. Why is Cassius so surprised by what Popilus says to him as they enter the Senate House just before Caesar's assassination?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)