|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Brutus not running in the same race that Antony is at the celebration for?
(a) He is not a sportsman.
(b) He is not well.
(c) His wife asked him not to.
(d) He is wary of Ceasar.
2. At the end of Act 1, what does Cassius think the recent strange happenings are a result of?
(a) A civil war in Rome.
(b) The impending crowning of Caesar.
(c) An assassination plot.
(d) A Rome with no leader.
3. What does a soothsayer tell Caesar in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) "Kindness begets power and glory."
(b) "Your wife shall bear thee a son."
(c) "Honor to our great warrior."
(d) "Beware the Ides of March."
4. According to Cicero, what is to blame for all of the recent strange happenings in Rome?
(a) A cursed nation.
(b) A punishment for cruel dealings.
(c) An omen of good things to come.
(d) A civil dispute in the Heavens.
5. What does Flavius think the civil unrest will do to Rome?
(a) Rid it of unneeded rulers.
(b) Educate it.
(c) Strengthen it.
(d) Weaken it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marullus tell the people in the streets to do at the beginning of the play?
2. Why does Casca feel that Brutus needs to be part of their conspiracy?
3. Why does Cassius want Brutus to take part in his plan?
4. Who is most upset about the people's celebration of Caesar in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. How did Cassius tempt the Gods to strike him with lightening?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)