|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Marullus and Flavius plan to do as they continue their march to the Capitol in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Hold prayer groups.
(b) Defend Pompey's honor.
(c) Stay out of sight.
(d) Break up groups of praisers for Ceasar.
2. At the end of Act 1, what does Cassius think the recent strange happenings are a result of?
(a) An assassination plot.
(b) The impending crowning of Caesar.
(c) A Rome with no leader.
(d) A civil war in Rome.
3. What does Marullus tell the people in the streets to do at the beginning of the play?
(a) Pray for thanks.
(b) Go home and pray for forgiveness.
(c) Join him in his march to Rome to honor Caesar.
(d) Create an altar for Caesar.
4. What does a soothsayer tell Caesar in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) "Beware the Ides of March."
(b) "Your wife shall bear thee a son."
(c) "Kindness begets power and glory."
(d) "Honor to our great warrior."
5. What does Brutus say will result from Caesar's assassination?
(a) Sick men will be made whole.
(b) He will die a martyr.
(c) Peace will reign in Rome.
(d) Rome will rejuvinate and conquer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Brutus do to wrong Cassius in Act 4, Scene 3?
2. In Act 1, Scene 2, how does Brutus say he feels about honor?
3. How long has Brutus suffered with insomnia when Cassius comes to his house?
4. What does Caesar tell Antony to do to his wife as he passes her in the street during his race at the celebration?
5. What does Portia do in Act 2, Scene 4, on the day of Caesar's assassination?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)