|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lucius go to the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
(a) To help in the assassination.
(b) To distract Marc Antony.
(c) To check on Brutus and Caesar for Portia.
(d) To ensure safe passage for Brutus.
2. Who was Pompey before the civil war?
(a) A soothsayer.
(b) The leader of Egypt.
(c) Caesar's co-ruler.
(d) A prominent senator.
3. What happens to Caesar as Cassius and Brutus have their private discussion during the celebration in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He has an epileptic fit.
(b) He faints.
(c) He is crowned king.
(d) He abdicates the throne.
4. What does Calpurnia say that eventually convinces Caesar to stay at home in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The Senate will be more convinced that he is not a tyrant if he stays home.
(b) Antony can tell the Senate that Caesar is ill.
(c) He can use her worries as an excuse.
(d) The crown will fit more comfortably on a day not laden with omens.
5. What does Marullus ask the people he stops in the street at the beginning of the play?
(a) What he should take to Ceasar as a tribute.
(b) How to find Caesar.
(c) Where they are all going.
(d) Why they are not working.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the crowd's response to the last question Brutus asks after Caesar's assassination?
2. Why are these superstitions in Act 2, Scene 2 so odd to hear from Calpurnia?
3. How many times did Caesar refuse the crown offered him by Antony?
4. What does Marc Antony do during his speech to make himself seem more approachable?
5. Who is waiting for Caesar when he leaves his house the day of his assassination?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)