|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brutus accuse Cassius of after Cassius has explained in Act 4, Scene 3 how Brutus wronged him?
(a) Having a fickle spirit.
(b) Having a weak constitution.
(c) Caring too much for power and praise.
(d) Having an itchy palm when it comes to money.
2. What about Cassius makes Caesar so uncomfortable during the celebration in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) His quiet, contemplative look.
(b) His hungry look.
(c) His angry demeanor.
(d) His lack of eye contact.
3. What does Popilus say to Cassius as he enters the Senate House just before Caesar's assassination?
(a) He urges him to reconsider.
(b) He greets him kindly and pretends to not know the plot ahead.
(c) He regrets not taking part in the impending plot.
(d) He wishes Cassius well in his endeavor.
4. What did the priests find in the sacrificed animal that make them tell Caesar to stay at home?
(a) An unhealthy liver as a sign of impending sickness.
(b) An omen of death in the intestines.
(c) Crossed eyes in the animal indicating a devious plot.
(d) No heart in the sacrificed animal.
5. What does the man waiting for Caesar to leave his house give him on the day of his assassination?
(a) A talisman.
(b) A tribute.
(c) A picture.
(d) A letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man waiting for Caesar to leave his house say about virtue?
2. What does the second person to address the crowd after Caesar's assassination bring with him when he speaks to the crowd?
3. What does Marc Antony compare Lepidus to after he leaves the meeting with Antony and Octavius?
4. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Brutus refuse to do when he joins the conspiracy?
5. Which of these bad omens in Act 2, Scene 2 has Calpurnia NOT seen?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)