|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man waiting for Caesar to leave his house say about virtue?
(a) There will always be envious people trying to destroy it.
(b) It is a dead form.
(c) The last shreds of virute in Rome will be destroyed that day.
(d) Caesar is the last man alive who has it.
2. Which one of these does Cassius NOT call Caesar behind his back?
(a) A tyrant.
(b) A womanly personage.
(c) A small girl.
(d) Trash and rubbish.
3. What does Caesar say he is as constant as just before he is stabbed in the Senate House?
(a) The North Star.
(b) The Gods.
(c) A faithful wife.
(d) The rivers flowing to the ocean.
4. What does a soothsayer tell Caesar in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) "Your wife shall bear thee a son."
(b) "Kindness begets power and glory."
(c) "Beware the Ides of March."
(d) "Honor to our great warrior."
5. What does Brutus do after the climax of his argument with Cassius?
(a) Comforts Cassius and promises to be true always.
(b) Slaps Cassius back.
(c) Wipes his face and kisses Cassius on the cheek.
(d) Calms down and forgives Cassius.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brutus offer the people if they do not agree with what he did for Rome by assassinating Caesar?
2. Why does Casca feel that Brutus needs to be part of their conspiracy?
3. What does Caesar say would make him a coward after Calpurnia tells him her worries in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What happens to Caesar as Cassius and Brutus have their private discussion during the celebration in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What about Cassius makes Caesar so uncomfortable during the celebration in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)