|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Portia hope will happen at the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
(a) Caesar will be crowned.
(b) Brutus will succeed.
(c) Peace will prevail.
(d) Her husband will escape the mob unharmed.
2. What do the men do when Cassius and Brutus begin a private discussion just after Cassius arrives at Brutus's camp?
(a) Get ready for the night watch.
(b) Try to listen.
(c) Begin quarrelling with each other.
(d) Create a distance.
3. What does Metellus ask of Caesar on the day of Caesar's assassination?
(a) For a public knowledge of the future war plans.
(b) For a day to be set apart to pay homage to Pompey.
(c) For a raise in pay for the Senators.
(d) For his brother's banishment to be revoked.
4. Why does Casca feel that Brutus needs to be part of their conspiracy?
(a) He is popular with the people.
(b) He is a diplomat and will calm hurt feelings.
(c) He is a wise man and will not act rashly.
(d) He is friends with Caesar.
5. How many hills are in Rome?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Marc Antony designate to rule Spain?
2. Which of these is NOT a bad omen that Cassius sees the morning before his battle with Marc Antony?
3. Who enters Rome as Marc Antony finishes his eulogy of Caesar?
4. What time do the conspirators plan to kill Caesar?
5. Why is Cassius's accusation against Brutus in the camp so shocking to Brutus?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)