|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the people begin beating Cinna when they meet him on the road?
(a) He is in the way.
(b) He has a symbol of Pompey on his clothing.
(c) Cinna is the name of one of the conspirators.
(d) He is not going to pay homage to Caesar.
2. What does Calpurnia say that eventually convinces Caesar to stay at home in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The Senate will be more convinced that he is not a tyrant if he stays home.
(b) The crown will fit more comfortably on a day not laden with omens.
(c) He can use her worries as an excuse.
(d) Antony can tell the Senate that Caesar is ill.
3. According to Cicero, what is to blame for all of the recent strange happenings in Rome?
(a) An omen of good things to come.
(b) A civil dispute in the Heavens.
(c) A cursed nation.
(d) A punishment for cruel dealings.
4. What did Caesar leave to all the people of Rome in his Will?
(a) Blessings of safety and protection.
(b) An acre of land.
(c) 75 coins.
(d) A share of his storehouses.
5. What does the second person to address the crowd after Caesar's assassination bring with him when he speaks to the crowd?
(a) Caesar's sword.
(b) A vial of Caesar's blood.
(c) Caesar's body.
(d) Caesar's crown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brutus say Caesar would have done to the people of Rome had he been allowed to live?
2. Where does Marc Antony tell Octavius to take his army when Brutus's army arrives?
3. Where does Octavius insist on taking his army when Brutus's army arrives?
4. What does Brutus do after he leaves Rome?
5. What does Antony read to the people as part of his eulogy for Caesar?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)