|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about Cassius makes Caesar so uncomfortable during the celebration in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) His hungry look.
(b) His lack of eye contact.
(c) His quiet, contemplative look.
(d) His angry demeanor.
2. Why do Marc Antony and Brutus meet for a parley when they know it will not be successful?
(a) It is customary.
(b) They need to stall the time of the battle as long as possible.
(c) They want their men to think they want peace.
(d) They have hope for peace.
3. Why does Lucius go to the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
(a) To help in the assassination.
(b) To distract Marc Antony.
(c) To ensure safe passage for Brutus.
(d) To check on Brutus and Caesar for Portia.
4. What does Brutus do after the climax of his argument with Cassius?
(a) Calms down and forgives Cassius.
(b) Wipes his face and kisses Cassius on the cheek.
(c) Comforts Cassius and promises to be true always.
(d) Slaps Cassius back.
5. What does Brutus think power would do to his friend Caesar?
(a) Drive him insane.
(b) Make him whole.
(c) Change him.
(d) Put him in danger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the crowd's response to the last question Brutus asks after Caesar's assassination?
2. What is Cinna's profession?
3. Who does Marullus stop in the street at the beginning of the play?
4. What do the conspirators do after Caesar is dead before leaving the Senate House to explain this deed to the people?
5. What do Marc Antony and Octavius do after Marc Antony's eulogy for Caesar?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)