|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Brutus suffered with insomnia when Cassius comes to his house?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) A month.
(c) 2 months.
(d) A year.
2. What does Flavius think the civil unrest will do to Rome?
(a) Educate it.
(b) Weaken it.
(c) Rid it of unneeded rulers.
(d) Strengthen it.
3. What is Caesar celebrating in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) His victory over Pompey.
(b) His throngs of loyal followers.
(c) The feast of Lupercal.
(d) His conquest in Rome.
4. What does Brutus think power would do to his friend Caesar?
(a) Put him in danger.
(b) Change him.
(c) Make him whole.
(d) Drive him insane.
5. What does Marc Antony do during his speech to make himself seem more approachable?
(a) He called many of the people by name.
(b) He did not use lofty words.
(c) He cried.
(d) He came down from the podium and walked among the people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brutus do after the climax of his argument with Cassius?
2. What does Brutus offer the people if they do not agree with what he did for Rome by assassinating Caesar?
3. Why is Portia so worried for her husband on the day of Caesar's assassination?
4. What does Brutus compare Caesar to as he contemplates Caesar while alone in his garden?
5. What does Brutus personally promise Rome while alone in his backyard?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)