|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Decius say that immediately changes Caesar's decision about staying home the day of his assassination?
(a) The Senate will crown him king.
(b) The Senate has a special gift for Caesar that day.
(c) Marc Antony will be at the Senate House to protect him.
(d) The people are chanting his name in the streets.
2. How did Cassius once save Caesar?
(a) He saved him from drowning.
(b) He fought off a horde of angry men.
(c) He kept him from consuming poison.
(d) He uncovered a conspiracy for his assassination.
3. Why does Caesar tell Decius about Calpurnia's dream about his death?
(a) Decius calls him a coward.
(b) Decius pesters him with questions.
(c) He loves Decius.
(d) Decius seems concerned, and Caesar wants to calm his fears.
4. What does Lucius find in Brutus's study just before Cassius comes to visit with Brutus?
(a) A knife.
(b) An anonymous letter.
(c) A threat.
(d) An edict from Caesar.
5. What is Casca so concerned about when he first meets Cicero in Act 1, Scene 3
(a) The lions in the forest.
(b) A curse.
(c) The battle brewing in Rome.
(d) The storm that rages about them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brutus think power would do to his friend Caesar?
2. Where is Caesar returning from in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Where is the first meeting of conspirators held?
4. Who does Marullus stop in the street at the beginning of the play?
5. How does Decius interpret Calpurnia's dream about Caesar's death?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)