|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caesar say would make him a coward after Calpurnia tells him her worries in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Heeding the words of a woman.
(b) Believing in superstitions.
(c) Fearing death.
(d) Not attending the senate.
2. According to Cicero, what is to blame for all of the recent strange happenings in Rome?
(a) An omen of good things to come.
(b) A civil dispute in the Heavens.
(c) A punishment for cruel dealings.
(d) A cursed nation.
3. How did Cassius tempt the Gods to strike him with lightening?
(a) Bared his chest and roared at the heavens.
(b) Defiled an altar to Venus.
(c) Disrespected his authoritative leaders.
(d) Neglected his morning prayers.
4. How many times did Caesar refuse the crown offered him by Antony?
5. What time do the conspirators plan to kill Caesar?
(a) 10:00 a.m.
(b) 12:00 noon.
(c) 8:00 a.m.
(d) 8:00 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brutus personally promise Rome while alone in his backyard?
2. What does Caesar first notice when he wakes up on the day of his assassination?
3. Who is most upset about the people's celebration of Caesar in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Why does Cassius think Antony should be killed as well?
5. What does Marullus tell the people in the streets to do at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)