|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caesar do when the conspirators all come to escort him to the Senate House in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Invites them in for wine.
(b) Offers them some dinner.
(c) Thanks them for their friendship.
(d) Prays with them.
2. What does a soothsayer tell Caesar in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) "Honor to our great warrior."
(b) "Kindness begets power and glory."
(c) "Your wife shall bear thee a son."
(d) "Beware the Ides of March."
3. What time do the conspirators plan to kill Caesar?
(a) 12:00 noon.
(b) 8:00 a.m.
(c) 10:00 a.m.
(d) 8:00 p.m.
4. Why does Cassius think Antony should be killed as well?
(a) He is a foolish man who does not deserve power.
(b) He will kill them all out of vengeance.
(c) He is a powerful friend of Caesar's.
(d) It will prove the serious nature of their plot.
5. Where does Cicero talk to Casca when they first appear in the play?
(a) At his house.
(b) On the street.
(c) In an open field.
(d) In the Senate house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are these superstitions in Act 2, Scene 2 so odd to hear from Calpurnia?
2. Who did the people used to honor before Caesar?
3. What does Caesar tell Antony to do to his wife as he passes her in the street during his race at the celebration?
4. According to Cicero, what is to blame for all of the recent strange happenings in Rome?
5. What does Brutus compare Caesar to as he contemplates Caesar while alone in his garden?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)