|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these bad omens in Act 2, Scene 2 has Calpurnia NOT seen?
(a) Warriors fighting among the clouds.
(b) Dead emerging from their graves.
(c) A naked warrior.
(d) A lion giving birth in the streets.
2. How does Decius interpret Calpurnia's dream about Caesar's death?
(a) He will be a wellspring of life and love for the Senate.
(b) He will give new life and vitality to Rome.
(c) He will die when his mission has been fulfilled.
(d) His blood will renew Rome.
3. Why are these superstitions in Act 2, Scene 2 so odd to hear from Calpurnia?
(a) She rarely speaks to Caeser anymore.
(b) She has never been superstitious before.
(c) She knows Caesar will not listen to her.
(d) She does not love her husband any more.
4. What is Casca so concerned about when he first meets Cicero in Act 1, Scene 3
(a) The lions in the forest.
(b) A curse.
(c) The storm that rages about them.
(d) The battle brewing in Rome.
5. Which of the other conspirators have suffered loss of sleep over the matter of Caesar's assassination?
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Cassius makes Caesar so uncomfortable during the celebration in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. How long has Brutus suffered with insomnia when Cassius comes to his house?
3. What does Brutus personally promise Rome while alone in his backyard?
4. What does Caesar first notice when he wakes up on the day of his assassination?
5. Where does Cicero talk to Casca when they first appear in the play?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)