|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Marullus stop in the street at the beginning of the play?
2. What does Caesar say would make him a coward after Calpurnia tells him her worries in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Not attending the senate.
(b) Fearing death.
(c) Believing in superstitions.
(d) Heeding the words of a woman.
3. What does Caesar first notice when he wakes up on the day of his assassination?
(a) He sees an owl in the daylight.
(b) The stormy weather.
(c) It is oddly bright.
(d) A feeling of gloom.
4. Who was Pompey before the civil war?
(a) A prominent senator.
(b) A soothsayer.
(c) The leader of Egypt.
(d) Caesar's co-ruler.
5. What about Cicero does Metellus think would add viability to their assassination plot?
(a) His compassionate nature.
(b) His great respect.
(c) His silver hairs.
(d) His great oratorical skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time do Cassius and Casca plan to go talk with Brutus after the first meeting of the conspirators?
2. What does Marullus tell the people in the streets to do at the beginning of the play?
3. Which of the other conspirators have suffered loss of sleep over the matter of Caesar's assassination?
4. What does a soothsayer tell Caesar in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What does Brutus personally promise Rome while alone in his backyard?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)