|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cassius want Brutus to take part in his plan?
(a) Brutus is wise.
(b) Brutus is willing to do anything for honor.
(c) Caesar loves Brutus.
(d) Brutus is trusted by the people.
2. Where is Caesar returning from in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) War with Pompey.
(b) A building excavation of Rome.
(c) A trip to Egypt.
(d) Treaty talks with Greece.
3. What does Calpurnia say that eventually convinces Caesar to stay at home in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The crown will fit more comfortably on a day not laden with omens.
(b) He can use her worries as an excuse.
(c) The Senate will be more convinced that he is not a tyrant if he stays home.
(d) Antony can tell the Senate that Caesar is ill.
4. Why does Caesar want Antony to greet Calpurnia in a certain manner in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) To cure her barrenness.
(b) To lift her low spirits.
(c) To show her she is loved.
(d) To let her say goodbye to him.
5. Who does Marullus stop in the street at the beginning of the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Decius say that immediately changes Caesar's decision about staying home the day of his assassination?
2. What is Caesar celebrating in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Why is Brutus not running in the same race that Antony is at the celebration for?
4. Which one of these does Cassius NOT call Caesar behind his back?
5. What about Cassius makes Caesar so uncomfortable during the celebration in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)