|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Casca feel that Brutus needs to be part of their conspiracy?
(a) He is a wise man and will not act rashly.
(b) He is popular with the people.
(c) He is friends with Caesar.
(d) He is a diplomat and will calm hurt feelings.
2. What time do the conspirators plan to kill Caesar?
(a) 8:00 p.m.
(b) 8:00 a.m.
(c) 10:00 a.m.
(d) 12:00 noon.
3. Why are these superstitions in Act 2, Scene 2 so odd to hear from Calpurnia?
(a) She has never been superstitious before.
(b) She knows Caesar will not listen to her.
(c) She rarely speaks to Caeser anymore.
(d) She does not love her husband any more.
4. How long has Brutus suffered with insomnia when Cassius comes to his house?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) A year.
(d) A month.
5. Which of the other conspirators have suffered loss of sleep over the matter of Caesar's assassination?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Caesar want Antony to greet Calpurnia in a certain manner in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Who does Marullus stop in the street at the beginning of the play?
3. Why does Brutus say he does not want to kill Antony?
4. What does Marullus tell the people in the streets to do at the beginning of the play?
5. How does Cassius feel about the chaos in the city when he is talking to Casca in Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)