|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Portia do to prove she is strong enough to hear Brutus' secret?
(a) Stabs herself in the leg.
(b) Cuts her finger.
(c) Tells Brutus an evil secret of her own.
(d) Swears an oath.
2. How long has Brutus suffered with insomnia when Cassius comes to his house?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) A year.
(d) A month.
3. What does Lucius find in Brutus's study just before Cassius comes to visit with Brutus?
(a) A knife.
(b) A threat.
(c) An anonymous letter.
(d) An edict from Caesar.
4. Why is the cobbler not working at the beginning of the play?
(a) He has injured himself and is unable to work.
(b) He completed all of his work.
(c) He is using that day for religious observance.
(d) He has given himself a holiday.
5. Who did the people used to honor before Caesar?
(a) Marc Antony.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Caesar want Antony to greet Calpurnia in a certain manner in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Who does Marullus stop in the street at the beginning of the play?
3. How does Cassius feel about the chaos in the city when he is talking to Casca in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. Why does Brutus say he does not want to kill Antony?
5. Which of the other conspirators have suffered loss of sleep over the matter of Caesar's assassination?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)