|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the cobbler not working at the beginning of the play?
(a) He has injured himself and is unable to work.
(b) He is using that day for religious observance.
(c) He has given himself a holiday.
(d) He completed all of his work.
2. What does Brutus think power would do to his friend Caesar?
(a) Make him whole.
(b) Change him.
(c) Put him in danger.
(d) Drive him insane.
3. What is Caesar celebrating in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) His victory over Pompey.
(b) His conquest in Rome.
(c) The feast of Lupercal.
(d) His throngs of loyal followers.
4. According to Cicero, what is to blame for all of the recent strange happenings in Rome?
(a) A cursed nation.
(b) An omen of good things to come.
(c) A punishment for cruel dealings.
(d) A civil dispute in the Heavens.
5. What about Cicero does Metellus think would add viability to their assassination plot?
(a) His great oratorical skills.
(b) His silver hairs.
(c) His great respect.
(d) His compassionate nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these bad omens in Act 2, Scene 2 has Calpurnia NOT seen?
2. When did Cicero last see an owl when he is talking to Casca?
3. How did Cassius once save Caesar?
4. What does Decius say that immediately changes Caesar's decision about staying home the day of his assassination?
5. What is Casca so concerned about when he first meets Cicero in Act 1, Scene 3
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)