|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marullus ask the people he stops in the street at the beginning of the play?
(a) Why they are not working.
(b) Where they are all going.
(c) How to find Caesar.
(d) What he should take to Ceasar as a tribute.
2. What does Brutus compare Caesar to as he contemplates Caesar while alone in his garden?
(a) A young eagle hatchling.
(b) A rooster in the hen house.
(c) A serpent in an egg.
(d) A mad dog on a chain.
3. What does Caesar call the soothsayer in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A dreamer.
(b) A stranger.
(c) A crazy man.
(d) A loyal subject.
4. Who was Pompey before the civil war?
(a) Caesar's co-ruler.
(b) A prominent senator.
(c) The leader of Egypt.
(d) A soothsayer.
5. What does Caesar first notice when he wakes up on the day of his assassination?
(a) A feeling of gloom.
(b) He sees an owl in the daylight.
(c) The stormy weather.
(d) It is oddly bright.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these bad omens in Act 2, Scene 2 has Calpurnia NOT seen?
2. What does Calpurnia say that eventually convinces Caesar to stay at home in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Who does Cassius ask to deliver his false letters to Brutus?
4. What does Brutus personally promise Rome while alone in his backyard?
5. Why does Cassius want Brutus to take part in his plan?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)