|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caesar first notice when he wakes up on the day of his assassination?
(a) He sees an owl in the daylight.
(b) The stormy weather.
(c) It is oddly bright.
(d) A feeling of gloom.
2. In Act 1, Scene 2, how does Brutus say he feels about honor?
(a) He wants honor, but so much to kill for it.
(b) He hopes some honor will make his wife proud of him.
(c) He loves honor more than he fears death.
(d) He feels honor is subjective and frail.
3. What does Calpurnia say that eventually convinces Caesar to stay at home in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Antony can tell the Senate that Caesar is ill.
(b) The Senate will be more convinced that he is not a tyrant if he stays home.
(c) He can use her worries as an excuse.
(d) The crown will fit more comfortably on a day not laden with omens.
4. What was Calpurnia's dream about Caesar the night before his assassination?
(a) He fell into a mighty river and it ran red with blood.
(b) He was beheaded.
(c) The senate crucified him with his newly adorned crown.
(d) His statue was running with blood.
5. How did Cassius tempt the Gods to strike him with lightening?
(a) Bared his chest and roared at the heavens.
(b) Defiled an altar to Venus.
(c) Disrespected his authoritative leaders.
(d) Neglected his morning prayers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Marullus stop in the street at the beginning of the play?
2. Why does Brutus say he does not want to kill Antony?
3. Where is Caesar returning from in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What does Caesar do when the conspirators all come to escort him to the Senate House in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. Who is most upset about the people's celebration of Caesar in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)