|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about Cicero does Metellus think would add viability to their assassination plot?
(a) His great respect.
(b) His great oratorical skills.
(c) His compassionate nature.
(d) His silver hairs.
2. What does Marullus tell the people in the streets to do at the beginning of the play?
(a) Create an altar for Caesar.
(b) Join him in his march to Rome to honor Caesar.
(c) Go home and pray for forgiveness.
(d) Pray for thanks.
3. What does Marullus ask the people he stops in the street at the beginning of the play?
(a) Where they are all going.
(b) What he should take to Ceasar as a tribute.
(c) How to find Caesar.
(d) Why they are not working.
4. Why does Cassius want Brutus to take part in his plan?
(a) Brutus is wise.
(b) Brutus is willing to do anything for honor.
(c) Caesar loves Brutus.
(d) Brutus is trusted by the people.
5. According to Cicero, what is to blame for all of the recent strange happenings in Rome?
(a) A punishment for cruel dealings.
(b) A civil dispute in the Heavens.
(c) A cursed nation.
(d) An omen of good things to come.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cassius think Antony should be killed as well?
2. Who does Marullus stop in the street at the beginning of the play?
3. What does a soothsayer tell Caesar in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does Caesar call the soothsayer in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What does Brutus personally promise Rome while alone in his backyard?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)