|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Calpurnia's dream about Caesar the night before his assassination?
(a) The senate crucified him with his newly adorned crown.
(b) His statue was running with blood.
(c) He fell into a mighty river and it ran red with blood.
(d) He was beheaded.
2. What does Flavius think the civil unrest will do to Rome?
(a) Educate it.
(b) Weaken it.
(c) Rid it of unneeded rulers.
(d) Strengthen it.
3. What does Calpurnia say that eventually convinces Caesar to stay at home in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Antony can tell the Senate that Caesar is ill.
(b) He can use her worries as an excuse.
(c) The Senate will be more convinced that he is not a tyrant if he stays home.
(d) The crown will fit more comfortably on a day not laden with omens.
4. What does Marullus tell the people in the streets to do at the beginning of the play?
(a) Pray for thanks.
(b) Create an altar for Caesar.
(c) Join him in his march to Rome to honor Caesar.
(d) Go home and pray for forgiveness.
5. What does Brutus personally promise Rome while alone in his backyard?
(a) To do what is wanted by the people.
(b) To follow his heart.
(c) To take Caesar out of power.
(d) To protect Caesar from harm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Cicero does Metellus think would add viability to their assassination plot?
2. What does Brutus compare Caesar to as he contemplates Caesar while alone in his garden?
3. Why are these superstitions in Act 2, Scene 2 so odd to hear from Calpurnia?
4. What is Caesar celebrating in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. How many hills are in Rome?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)