|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caesar say about the signs Calpurnia has seen of impending doom?
(a) They could be meant for any man.
(b) He will risk the chance of death to uphold his honor.
(c) He does not believe in signs.
(d) They are figments of her imagination.
2. How long has Brutus suffered with insomnia when Cassius comes to his house?
(a) A year.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) A month.
3. What does Decius say that immediately changes Caesar's decision about staying home the day of his assassination?
(a) The people are chanting his name in the streets.
(b) Marc Antony will be at the Senate House to protect him.
(c) The Senate will crown him king.
(d) The Senate has a special gift for Caesar that day.
4. Why is the cobbler not working at the beginning of the play?
(a) He has given himself a holiday.
(b) He is using that day for religious observance.
(c) He completed all of his work.
(d) He has injured himself and is unable to work.
5. What does Marullus ask the people he stops in the street at the beginning of the play?
(a) Where they are all going.
(b) How to find Caesar.
(c) What he should take to Ceasar as a tribute.
(d) Why they are not working.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Marullus and Flavius plan to do as they continue their march to the Capitol in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What does Brutus compare Caesar to as he contemplates Caesar while alone in his garden?
3. Who is most upset about the people's celebration of Caesar in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Brutus refuse to do when he joins the conspiracy?
5. What does Caesar call the soothsayer in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)