|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of these does Cassius NOT call Caesar behind his back?
(a) A small girl.
(b) Trash and rubbish.
(c) A womanly personage.
(d) A tyrant.
2. Why are these superstitions in Act 2, Scene 2 so odd to hear from Calpurnia?
(a) She does not love her husband any more.
(b) She knows Caesar will not listen to her.
(c) She rarely speaks to Caeser anymore.
(d) She has never been superstitious before.
3. What does Caesar say would make him a coward after Calpurnia tells him her worries in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Heeding the words of a woman.
(b) Not attending the senate.
(c) Fearing death.
(d) Believing in superstitions.
4. Who does Marullus stop in the street at the beginning of the play?
5. What does Marullus tell the people in the streets to do at the beginning of the play?
(a) Go home and pray for forgiveness.
(b) Pray for thanks.
(c) Join him in his march to Rome to honor Caesar.
(d) Create an altar for Caesar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Portia do to prove she is strong enough to hear Brutus' secret?
2. What about Cassius makes Caesar so uncomfortable during the celebration in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. How did Cassius tempt the Gods to strike him with lightening?
4. What does Calpurnia say that eventually convinces Caesar to stay at home in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What does Caesar do when the conspirators all come to escort him to the Senate House in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)