|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Caesar want Antony to greet Calpurnia in a certain manner in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) To show her she is loved.
(b) To lift her low spirits.
(c) To cure her barrenness.
(d) To let her say goodbye to him.
2. What did the priests find in the sacrificed animal that make them tell Caesar to stay at home?
(a) An omen of death in the intestines.
(b) Crossed eyes in the animal indicating a devious plot.
(c) No heart in the sacrificed animal.
(d) An unhealthy liver as a sign of impending sickness.
3. How does Cassius feel about the chaos in the city when he is talking to Casca in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He is angry about it.
(b) He loves it.
(c) It makes him nervous.
(d) He has not noticed it at all.
4. What about Cicero does Metellus think would add viability to their assassination plot?
(a) His great oratorical skills.
(b) His great respect.
(c) His silver hairs.
(d) His compassionate nature.
5. What does Brutus compare Caesar to as he contemplates Caesar while alone in his garden?
(a) A young eagle hatchling.
(b) A mad dog on a chain.
(c) A serpent in an egg.
(d) A rooster in the hen house.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Brutus refuse to do when he joins the conspiracy?
2. What does Caesar say about the signs Calpurnia has seen of impending doom?
3. Why does Cassius want Brutus to take part in his plan?
4. What does Portia do to prove she is strong enough to hear Brutus' secret?
5. Who does Marullus stop in the street at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)