|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Pompey before the civil war?
(a) A soothsayer.
(b) A prominent senator.
(c) The leader of Egypt.
(d) Caesar's co-ruler.
2. What does Caesar call the soothsayer in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A stranger.
(b) A loyal subject.
(c) A crazy man.
(d) A dreamer.
3. What does Brutus think power would do to his friend Caesar?
(a) Change him.
(b) Put him in danger.
(c) Make him whole.
(d) Drive him insane.
4. What does Marullus tell the people in the streets to do at the beginning of the play?
(a) Create an altar for Caesar.
(b) Join him in his march to Rome to honor Caesar.
(c) Go home and pray for forgiveness.
(d) Pray for thanks.
5. Why does Casca feel that Brutus needs to be part of their conspiracy?
(a) He is friends with Caesar.
(b) He is a wise man and will not act rashly.
(c) He is a diplomat and will calm hurt feelings.
(d) He is popular with the people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the cobbler not working at the beginning of the play?
2. In Act 1, Scene 2, how does Brutus say he feels about honor?
3. Who is most upset about the people's celebration of Caesar in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What does Decius say that immediately changes Caesar's decision about staying home the day of his assassination?
5. At the end of Act 1, what does Cassius think the recent strange happenings are a result of?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)