|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Marullus and Flavius plan to do as they continue their march to the Capitol in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Hold prayer groups.
(b) Break up groups of praisers for Ceasar.
(c) Defend Pompey's honor.
(d) Stay out of sight.
2. Why does Cassius think Antony should be killed as well?
(a) He will kill them all out of vengeance.
(b) He is a powerful friend of Caesar's.
(c) He is a foolish man who does not deserve power.
(d) It will prove the serious nature of their plot.
3. What does Decius say that immediately changes Caesar's decision about staying home the day of his assassination?
(a) The Senate will crown him king.
(b) The Senate has a special gift for Caesar that day.
(c) Marc Antony will be at the Senate House to protect him.
(d) The people are chanting his name in the streets.
4. Which of the other conspirators have suffered loss of sleep over the matter of Caesar's assassination?
5. How does Cassius feel about the chaos in the city when he is talking to Casca in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He has not noticed it at all.
(b) He loves it.
(c) He is angry about it.
(d) It makes him nervous.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Caesar want Antony to greet Calpurnia in a certain manner in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What is Caesar celebrating in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. How does Decius interpret Calpurnia's dream about Caesar's death?
4. Where is the first meeting of conspirators held?
5. Where is Caesar returning from in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)