|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time do Cassius and Casca plan to go talk with Brutus after the first meeting of the conspirators?
(a) Early morning.
(c) After the chiming of the evening bells.
(d) After midnight.
2. What was Calpurnia's dream about Caesar the night before his assassination?
(a) His statue was running with blood.
(b) He fell into a mighty river and it ran red with blood.
(c) The senate crucified him with his newly adorned crown.
(d) He was beheaded.
3. What does Calpurnia say that eventually convinces Caesar to stay at home in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Antony can tell the Senate that Caesar is ill.
(b) The Senate will be more convinced that he is not a tyrant if he stays home.
(c) He can use her worries as an excuse.
(d) The crown will fit more comfortably on a day not laden with omens.
4. How did Cassius tempt the Gods to strike him with lightening?
(a) Disrespected his authoritative leaders.
(b) Neglected his morning prayers.
(c) Defiled an altar to Venus.
(d) Bared his chest and roared at the heavens.
5. How many hills are in Rome?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caesar say about the signs Calpurnia has seen of impending doom?
2. What time do the conspirators plan to kill Caesar?
3. What does Caesar say would make him a coward after Calpurnia tells him her worries in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What does Decius say that immediately changes Caesar's decision about staying home the day of his assassination?
5. Which of these bad omens in Act 2, Scene 2 has Calpurnia NOT seen?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)