|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caesar say would make him a coward after Calpurnia tells him her worries in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Believing in superstitions.
(b) Fearing death.
(c) Heeding the words of a woman.
(d) Not attending the senate.
2. What time do the conspirators plan to kill Caesar?
(a) 12:00 noon.
(b) 8:00 p.m.
(c) 8:00 a.m.
(d) 10:00 a.m.
3. How long has Brutus suffered with insomnia when Cassius comes to his house?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) A year.
(d) A month.
4. What does Caesar do when the conspirators all come to escort him to the Senate House in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Thanks them for their friendship.
(b) Prays with them.
(c) Invites them in for wine.
(d) Offers them some dinner.
5. At the end of Act 1, what does Cassius think the recent strange happenings are a result of?
(a) A Rome with no leader.
(b) The impending crowning of Caesar.
(c) A civil war in Rome.
(d) An assassination plot.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times did Caesar refuse the crown offered him by Antony?
2. What does Brutus think power would do to his friend Caesar?
3. Which of these bad omens in Act 2, Scene 2 has Calpurnia NOT seen?
4. Why is the cobbler not working at the beginning of the play?
5. What does Calpurnia say that eventually convinces Caesar to stay at home in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)