|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Cassius tempt the Gods to strike him with lightening?
(a) Disrespected his authoritative leaders.
(b) Defiled an altar to Venus.
(c) Neglected his morning prayers.
(d) Bared his chest and roared at the heavens.
2. What does Portia do to prove she is strong enough to hear Brutus' secret?
(a) Stabs herself in the leg.
(b) Cuts her finger.
(c) Tells Brutus an evil secret of her own.
(d) Swears an oath.
3. Where is Caesar returning from in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) A building excavation of Rome.
(b) Treaty talks with Greece.
(c) War with Pompey.
(d) A trip to Egypt.
4. What does Brutus think power would do to his friend Caesar?
(a) Change him.
(b) Drive him insane.
(c) Put him in danger.
(d) Make him whole.
5. Why does Caesar tell Decius about Calpurnia's dream about his death?
(a) Decius calls him a coward.
(b) He loves Decius.
(c) Decius pesters him with questions.
(d) Decius seems concerned, and Caesar wants to calm his fears.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Casca feel that Brutus needs to be part of their conspiracy?
2. What time do Cassius and Casca plan to go talk with Brutus after the first meeting of the conspirators?
3. What does Caesar do when the conspirators all come to escort him to the Senate House in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What was Calpurnia's dream about Caesar the night before his assassination?
5. What does Marullus tell the people in the streets to do at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)