|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Brutus say he does not want to kill Antony?
(a) Antony is a friend of the Republic.
(b) Antony is too well-liked by the people to be murdered.
(c) Antony will understand.
(d) Antony's power comes purely from his friendship with Caesar.
2. Why does Caesar want Antony to greet Calpurnia in a certain manner in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) To cure her barrenness.
(b) To show her she is loved.
(c) To lift her low spirits.
(d) To let her say goodbye to him.
3. What do the conspirators shout when Caesar is dead?
(a) "His service in death is great indeed!"
(b) "It is done, and we are free."
(c) "Liberty! Freedom! Tyranny is dead!"
(d) "Thus will it be to all tyrants!"
4. What did Caesar leave to all the people of Rome in his Will?
(a) Blessings of safety and protection.
(b) An acre of land.
(c) A share of his storehouses.
(d) 75 coins.
5. Who else has given Caesar a letter on the day of his assassination?
(a) Marc Antony.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Antony want to meet with Brutus when he hears of Caesar's assassination?
2. What does the mob first do when they find Cinna?
3. What does Caesar call the soothsayer in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Why do the people begin beating Cinna when they meet him on the road?
5. What about Cassius makes Caesar so uncomfortable during the celebration in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)