|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Caesar celebrating in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) His victory over Pompey.
(b) His throngs of loyal followers.
(c) His conquest in Rome.
(d) The feast of Lupercal.
2. Why is Cassius so surprised by what Popilus says to him as they enter the Senate House just before Caesar's assassination?
(a) Cassius thought Popilus was on Pompey's side.
(b) Cassius thought Popilus was a supporter of Caesar.
(c) Cassius did not think Popilus knew about the conspiracy.
(d) He thought Popilus would be more open.
3. What portion of Caesar's property did he leave the people of Rome in his Will?
(a) His country land.
(b) His main house.
(c) His fenced fighting ring.
(d) His gardens.
4. What is Caesar's last warning of his impending doom on the day of his assassination?
(a) Brutus' warning.
(b) The priests' omens.
(c) Artemidrous' letter.
(d) Calpurnia's dream.
5. What happens to Caesar as Cassius and Brutus have their private discussion during the celebration in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He faints.
(b) He has an epileptic fit.
(c) He abdicates the throne.
(d) He is crowned king.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time do the conspirators plan to kill Caesar?
2. Why do the people begin beating Cinna when they meet him on the road?
3. What does Brutus personally promise Rome while alone in his backyard?
4. Why does Brutus say he does not want to kill Antony?
5. What does the mob first do when they find Cinna?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)