|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Metellus ask of Caesar on the day of Caesar's assassination?
(a) For his brother's banishment to be revoked.
(b) For a day to be set apart to pay homage to Pompey.
(c) For a public knowledge of the future war plans.
(d) For a raise in pay for the Senators.
2. What do the conspirators shout when Caesar is dead?
(a) "It is done, and we are free."
(b) "Liberty! Freedom! Tyranny is dead!"
(c) "Thus will it be to all tyrants!"
(d) "His service in death is great indeed!"
3. Why does Antony want to meet with Brutus when he hears of Caesar's assassination?
(a) He wants a duel with Brutus.
(b) He feels that a lone conversation will be more beneficial.
(c) He needs someone to help him plan the funeral.
(d) He knows Brutus must have had a good reason.
4. What does Marc Antony ask the conspirators to let him do when he sees Caesar's dead body?
(a) Prepare his body for burial.
(b) Be alone with his friend for a moment.
(c) Deliver his eulogy.
(d) Tell his wife.
5. What happens to Caesar as Cassius and Brutus have their private discussion during the celebration in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He faints.
(b) He is crowned king.
(c) He abdicates the throne.
(d) He has an epileptic fit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Caesar want Antony to greet Calpurnia in a certain manner in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. In Act 1, Scene 2, how does Brutus say he feels about honor?
3. Who is waiting for Caesar when he leaves his house the day of his assassination?
4. What does the man waiting for Caesar to leave his house say about virtue?
5. What happens to Cinna before the mob leaves him in Act 3, Scene 3?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)