|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cassius want Brutus to take part in his plan?
(a) Brutus is trusted by the people.
(b) Brutus is willing to do anything for honor.
(c) Caesar loves Brutus.
(d) Brutus is wise.
2. What about Cicero does Metellus think would add viability to their assassination plot?
(a) His great oratorical skills.
(b) His compassionate nature.
(c) His great respect.
(d) His silver hairs.
3. Why is Cassius so surprised by what Popilus says to him as they enter the Senate House just before Caesar's assassination?
(a) Cassius did not think Popilus knew about the conspiracy.
(b) Cassius thought Popilus was a supporter of Caesar.
(c) Cassius thought Popilus was on Pompey's side.
(d) He thought Popilus would be more open.
4. What will happen if Caesar does not pay attention to what the man waiting for Caeser to leave his house gives him?
(a) Caesar will shed much blood before the day is out.
(b) Rome will fall.
(c) Caesar will die.
(d) The Senate will not lead well.
5. What does Marc Antony do during his speech to make himself seem more approachable?
(a) He called many of the people by name.
(b) He did not use lofty words.
(c) He came down from the podium and walked among the people.
(d) He cried.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Cinna walking when the mob finds him in Act 3, Scene 3?
2. What did Caesar leave to all the people of Rome in his Will?
3. Why does Brutus say he does not want to kill Antony?
4. What happens to Caesar as Cassius and Brutus have their private discussion during the celebration in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Who is waiting for Caesar when he leaves his house the day of his assassination?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)