|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Caesar's last words before dying?
(a) "The Ides of March- oh, the Ides of March."
(b) "Even you, Brutus?"
(c) "As the Gods would have it, let it be."
(d) "Rome, oh my Rome."
2. Who is the one person in this play who interprets a personal dream correctly?
3. What does Brutus think power would do to his friend Caesar?
(a) Make him whole.
(b) Change him.
(c) Drive him insane.
(d) Put him in danger.
4. What does Brutus compare Caesar to as he contemplates Caesar while alone in his garden?
(a) A young eagle hatchling.
(b) A rooster in the hen house.
(c) A serpent in an egg.
(d) A mad dog on a chain.
5. Why is Brutus not running in the same race that Antony is at the celebration for?
(a) His wife asked him not to.
(b) He is not a sportsman.
(c) He is wary of Ceasar.
(d) He is not well.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Cassius so surprised by what Popilus says to him as they enter the Senate House just before Caesar's assassination?
2. What does the mob first do when they find Cinna?
3. Who is waiting for Caesar when he leaves his house the day of his assassination?
4. Why does Brutus say he does not want to kill Antony?
5. Why does Antony want to meet with Brutus when he hears of Caesar's assassination?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)