|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brutus compare Caesar to as he contemplates Caesar while alone in his garden?
(a) A rooster in the hen house.
(b) A young eagle hatchling.
(c) A mad dog on a chain.
(d) A serpent in an egg.
2. In Act 1, Scene 2, how does Brutus say he feels about honor?
(a) He wants honor, but so much to kill for it.
(b) He feels honor is subjective and frail.
(c) He loves honor more than he fears death.
(d) He hopes some honor will make his wife proud of him.
3. What does the man waiting for Caesar to leave his house say about virtue?
(a) There will always be envious people trying to destroy it.
(b) The last shreds of virute in Rome will be destroyed that day.
(c) Caesar is the last man alive who has it.
(d) It is a dead form.
4. Who leads Antony away from the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
5. What is Caesar's last warning of his impending doom on the day of his assassination?
(a) Artemidrous' letter.
(b) Calpurnia's dream.
(c) The priests' omens.
(d) Brutus' warning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Brutus say he does not want to kill Antony?
2. Which of the other conspirators have suffered loss of sleep over the matter of Caesar's assassination?
3. Why does Caesar choose to put off reading his letter from Artemidorus?
4. What is the occupation of the man waiting for Caesar to leave his house on the day of his assassination?
5. Why is Brutus not running in the same race that Antony is at the celebration for?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)