|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brutus say will result from Caesar's assassination?
(a) Rome will rejuvinate and conquer.
(b) He will die a martyr.
(c) Peace will reign in Rome.
(d) Sick men will be made whole.
2. Why do the people begin beating Cinna when they meet him on the road?
(a) Cinna is the name of one of the conspirators.
(b) He is in the way.
(c) He has a symbol of Pompey on his clothing.
(d) He is not going to pay homage to Caesar.
3. What does Brutus personally promise Rome while alone in his backyard?
(a) To do what is wanted by the people.
(b) To follow his heart.
(c) To take Caesar out of power.
(d) To protect Caesar from harm.
4. What does Metellus ask of Caesar on the day of Caesar's assassination?
(a) For a public knowledge of the future war plans.
(b) For his brother's banishment to be revoked.
(c) For a day to be set apart to pay homage to Pompey.
(d) For a raise in pay for the Senators.
5. What does Brutus compare Caesar to as he contemplates Caesar while alone in his garden?
(a) A serpent in an egg.
(b) A young eagle hatchling.
(c) A mad dog on a chain.
(d) A rooster in the hen house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mob first do when they find Cinna?
2. In Act 1, Scene 2, how does Brutus say he feels about honor?
3. What does Caesar call the soothsayer in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. How did Cassius once save Caesar?
5. What do the conspirators shout when Caesar is dead?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)