|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is NOT a bad omen that Cassius sees the morning before his battle with Marc Antony?
(a) Snakes in the water.
(b) Ravens flying.
(c) Crows in formation.
(d) Kites flying overhead.
2. What does Marc Antony call Brutus during the parley that cuts most deeply to Brutus?
(a) A liar.
(b) A fool.
(c) A traitor.
(d) A coward.
3. Which of these bad omens in Act 2, Scene 2 has Calpurnia NOT seen?
(a) Dead emerging from their graves.
(b) Warriors fighting among the clouds.
(c) A lion giving birth in the streets.
(d) A naked warrior.
4. Why was the wound Brutus gave Caesar the worst of them all?
(a) He broke his heart.
(b) He re-opened an old war wound.
(c) It was the last blow he would ever have on earth.
(d) He plunged the deepest.
5. Why does Caesar tell Decius about Calpurnia's dream about his death?
(a) He loves Decius.
(b) Decius pesters him with questions.
(c) Decius seems concerned, and Caesar wants to calm his fears.
(d) Decius calls him a coward.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Calpurnia's dream about Caesar the night before his assassination?
2. Who is the first person to address the crowd after Caesar's assassination?
3. What does Marc Antony say he is doing when he first addresses the crowd after Caesar's assassination?
4. What does Brutus say Caesar would have done to the people of Rome had he been allowed to live?
5. What does Calpurnia say that eventually convinces Caesar to stay at home in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)