|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caesar say about the signs Calpurnia has seen of impending doom?
(a) He does not believe in signs.
(b) They could be meant for any man.
(c) They are figments of her imagination.
(d) He will risk the chance of death to uphold his honor.
2. What does Caesar do when the conspirators all come to escort him to the Senate House in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Thanks them for their friendship.
(b) Offers them some dinner.
(c) Invites them in for wine.
(d) Prays with them.
3. What does Caesar first notice when he wakes up on the day of his assassination?
(a) The stormy weather.
(b) A feeling of gloom.
(c) It is oddly bright.
(d) He sees an owl in the daylight.
4. How does Decius interpret Calpurnia's dream about Caesar's death?
(a) He will give new life and vitality to Rome.
(b) He will be a wellspring of life and love for the Senate.
(c) His blood will renew Rome.
(d) He will die when his mission has been fulfilled.
5. Which of these bad omens in Act 2, Scene 2 has Calpurnia NOT seen?
(a) A naked warrior.
(b) Warriors fighting among the clouds.
(c) A lion giving birth in the streets.
(d) Dead emerging from their graves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Marc Antony's army stationed in Act 5, Scene 1?
2. Why does Caesar tell Decius about Calpurnia's dream about his death?
3. Who is the first person to address the crowd after Caesar's assassination?
4. What does Decius say that immediately changes Caesar's decision about staying home the day of his assassination?
5. Why are these superstitions in Act 2, Scene 2 so odd to hear from Calpurnia?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)