|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the crowd's response to the last question Brutus asks after Caesar's assassination?
(a) The answers were mixed.
(c) They chant Caesar's name.
2. What does Marc Antony call Brutus during the parley that cuts most deeply to Brutus?
(a) A fool.
(b) A coward.
(c) A liar.
(d) A traitor.
3. What does Calpurnia say that eventually convinces Caesar to stay at home in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The Senate will be more convinced that he is not a tyrant if he stays home.
(b) He can use her worries as an excuse.
(c) The crown will fit more comfortably on a day not laden with omens.
(d) Antony can tell the Senate that Caesar is ill.
4. How does Antony refer to the conspirators while he is giving his eulogy on Caesar to the crowd?
(a) Honorable men.
(b) Misguided fools.
(d) Servants and friends of Rome.
5. What does Brutus say Caesar would have done to the people of Rome had he been allowed to live?
(a) Led them to unending war.
(b) Turn them into slaves.
(c) Take advantage of their trust and loyalty.
(d) Tax them to death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marc Antony say he is doing when he first addresses the crowd after Caesar's assassination?
2. Which of these bad omens in Act 2, Scene 2 has Calpurnia NOT seen?
3. What is the last thing Brutus asks the crowd after Caesar's assassination?
4. Where does Octavius insist on taking his army when Brutus's army arrives?
5. What do the leaders do during the parley before the battle in Act 5, Scene 1 begins?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)