|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are these superstitions in Act 2, Scene 2 so odd to hear from Calpurnia?
(a) She knows Caesar will not listen to her.
(b) She rarely speaks to Caeser anymore.
(c) She has never been superstitious before.
(d) She does not love her husband any more.
2. What does Caesar say would make him a coward after Calpurnia tells him her worries in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Fearing death.
(b) Heeding the words of a woman.
(c) Not attending the senate.
(d) Believing in superstitions.
3. Where does Octavius insist on taking his army when Brutus's army arrives?
(a) To the north of the battlefield.
(b) Along the southeast border of the battlefield.
(c) Up the left side of the battlefield.
(d) Up the right side of the battlefield.
4. What does Antony read to the people as part of his eulogy for Caesar?
(a) His new plan for Rome.
(b) His will.
(c) A letter to his wife while at war.
(d) A page from his journal.
5. What does Calpurnia say that eventually convinces Caesar to stay at home in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Antony can tell the Senate that Caesar is ill.
(b) He can use her worries as an excuse.
(c) The crown will fit more comfortably on a day not laden with omens.
(d) The Senate will be more convinced that he is not a tyrant if he stays home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the second person to address the crowd after Caesar's assassination bring with him when he speaks to the crowd?
2. What is the last thing Brutus asks the crowd after Caesar's assassination?
3. What does Caesar say about the signs Calpurnia has seen of impending doom?
4. Which of these is NOT a bad omen that Cassius sees the morning before his battle with Marc Antony?
5. What do the leaders do during the parley before the battle in Act 5, Scene 1 begins?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)