|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the wound Brutus gave Caesar the worst of them all?
(a) He broke his heart.
(b) He re-opened an old war wound.
(c) It was the last blow he would ever have on earth.
(d) He plunged the deepest.
2. How does Antony refer to the conspirators while he is giving his eulogy on Caesar to the crowd?
(a) Servants and friends of Rome.
(b) Honorable men.
(c) Misguided fools.
3. Where is Marc Antony's army stationed in Act 5, Scene 1?
4. What does Caesar say about the signs Calpurnia has seen of impending doom?
(a) They are figments of her imagination.
(b) He does not believe in signs.
(c) They could be meant for any man.
(d) He will risk the chance of death to uphold his honor.
5. What does Decius say that immediately changes Caesar's decision about staying home the day of his assassination?
(a) The Senate will crown him king.
(b) The people are chanting his name in the streets.
(c) Marc Antony will be at the Senate House to protect him.
(d) The Senate has a special gift for Caesar that day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the second person to address the crowd after Caesar's assassination bring with him when he speaks to the crowd?
2. What was Calpurnia's dream about Caesar the night before his assassination?
3. Who is the second person to speak to the crowd after Caesar's assassination?
4. What do the leaders do during the parley before the battle in Act 5, Scene 1 begins?
5. What does Calpurnia say that eventually convinces Caesar to stay at home in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)