|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caesar first notice when he wakes up on the day of his assassination?
(a) The stormy weather.
(b) It is oddly bright.
(c) A feeling of gloom.
(d) He sees an owl in the daylight.
2. What do the leaders do during the parley before the battle in Act 5, Scene 1 begins?
(a) Try to find a truce.
(b) Offer up their own offers of peace.
(c) Cry and pray for Rome.
(d) Insult each other.
3. In Act 3, Scene 2, who/what does Brutus say he loved more than Caesar?
(d) The Senate.
4. What does Decius say that immediately changes Caesar's decision about staying home the day of his assassination?
(a) The Senate will crown him king.
(b) The Senate has a special gift for Caesar that day.
(c) Marc Antony will be at the Senate House to protect him.
(d) The people are chanting his name in the streets.
5. Why are these superstitions in Act 2, Scene 2 so odd to hear from Calpurnia?
(a) She rarely speaks to Caeser anymore.
(b) She knows Caesar will not listen to her.
(c) She has never been superstitious before.
(d) She does not love her husband any more.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Caesar tell Decius about Calpurnia's dream about his death?
2. What was Calpurnia's dream about Caesar the night before his assassination?
3. What does Caesar do when the conspirators all come to escort him to the Senate House in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What does Marc Antony call Brutus during the parley that cuts most deeply to Brutus?
5. Why was the wound Brutus gave Caesar the worst of them all?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)