|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these bad omens in Act 2, Scene 2 has Calpurnia NOT seen?
(a) Warriors fighting among the clouds.
(b) Dead emerging from their graves.
(c) A lion giving birth in the streets.
(d) A naked warrior.
2. How does Decius interpret Calpurnia's dream about Caesar's death?
(a) He will give new life and vitality to Rome.
(b) He will die when his mission has been fulfilled.
(c) He will be a wellspring of life and love for the Senate.
(d) His blood will renew Rome.
3. What does Brutus offer the people if they do not agree with what he did for Rome by assassinating Caesar?
(a) To serve the people as a slave.
(b) To be put to death.
(c) To be banished.
(d) To be stripped of his title as a senator.
4. What does Marc Antony call Brutus during the parley that cuts most deeply to Brutus?
(a) A liar.
(b) A coward.
(c) A fool.
(d) A traitor.
5. What does Caesar say about the signs Calpurnia has seen of impending doom?
(a) He does not believe in signs.
(b) He will risk the chance of death to uphold his honor.
(c) They are figments of her imagination.
(d) They could be meant for any man.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 3, Scene 2, who/what does Brutus say he loved more than Caesar?
2. What did the priests find in the sacrificed animal that make them tell Caesar to stay at home?
3. What does Brutus say Caesar would have done to the people of Rome had he been allowed to live?
4. What was the crowd's response to the last question Brutus asks after Caesar's assassination?
5. What does Calpurnia say that eventually convinces Caesar to stay at home in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)