|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the leaders do during the parley before the battle in Act 5, Scene 1 begins?
(a) Offer up their own offers of peace.
(b) Cry and pray for Rome.
(c) Insult each other.
(d) Try to find a truce.
2. What is the last thing Brutus asks the crowd after Caesar's assassination?
(a) "Am I understood?"
(b) "Do you believe me?"
(c) "Have I offended you?"
(d) "Can you follow me?"
3. Who is the first person to address the crowd after Caesar's assassination?
(c) Marc Antony.
4. Where does Octavius insist on taking his army when Brutus's army arrives?
(a) To the north of the battlefield.
(b) Up the right side of the battlefield.
(c) Along the southeast border of the battlefield.
(d) Up the left side of the battlefield.
5. What does Calpurnia say that eventually convinces Caesar to stay at home in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) He can use her worries as an excuse.
(b) The Senate will be more convinced that he is not a tyrant if he stays home.
(c) Antony can tell the Senate that Caesar is ill.
(d) The crown will fit more comfortably on a day not laden with omens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marc Antony say he is doing when he first addresses the crowd after Caesar's assassination?
2. What does Marc Antony call Brutus during the parley that cuts most deeply to Brutus?
3. What does Decius say that immediately changes Caesar's decision about staying home the day of his assassination?
4. Which of these is NOT a bad omen that Cassius sees the morning before his battle with Marc Antony?
5. Where is Marc Antony's army stationed in Act 5, Scene 1?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)