|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Calpurnia say that eventually convinces Caesar to stay at home in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The Senate will be more convinced that he is not a tyrant if he stays home.
(b) He can use her worries as an excuse.
(c) The crown will fit more comfortably on a day not laden with omens.
(d) Antony can tell the Senate that Caesar is ill.
2. What does Decius say that immediately changes Caesar's decision about staying home the day of his assassination?
(a) The Senate has a special gift for Caesar that day.
(b) The Senate will crown him king.
(c) The people are chanting his name in the streets.
(d) Marc Antony will be at the Senate House to protect him.
3. What does Caesar do when the conspirators all come to escort him to the Senate House in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Prays with them.
(b) Offers them some dinner.
(c) Invites them in for wine.
(d) Thanks them for their friendship.
4. What does Antony read to the people as part of his eulogy for Caesar?
(a) A page from his journal.
(b) His will.
(c) His new plan for Rome.
(d) A letter to his wife while at war.
5. What does the second person to address the crowd after Caesar's assassination bring with him when he speaks to the crowd?
(a) Caesar's body.
(b) Caesar's crown.
(c) A vial of Caesar's blood.
(d) Caesar's sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the priests find in the sacrificed animal that make them tell Caesar to stay at home?
2. How does Decius interpret Calpurnia's dream about Caesar's death?
3. What does Brutus offer the people if they do not agree with what he did for Rome by assassinating Caesar?
4. What was the crowd's response to the last question Brutus asks after Caesar's assassination?
5. Why was the wound Brutus gave Caesar the worst of them all?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)