|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marc Antony say he is doing when he first addresses the crowd after Caesar's assassination?
(a) Remembering Caesar.
(b) Praising Caesar.
(c) Burying Caesar.
(d) Mourning Caesar.
2. What does the second person to address the crowd after Caesar's assassination bring with him when he speaks to the crowd?
(a) A vial of Caesar's blood.
(b) Caesar's body.
(c) Caesar's crown.
(d) Caesar's sword.
3. What does Decius say that immediately changes Caesar's decision about staying home the day of his assassination?
(a) The Senate has a special gift for Caesar that day.
(b) The people are chanting his name in the streets.
(c) The Senate will crown him king.
(d) Marc Antony will be at the Senate House to protect him.
4. Why are these superstitions in Act 2, Scene 2 so odd to hear from Calpurnia?
(a) She does not love her husband any more.
(b) She rarely speaks to Caeser anymore.
(c) She has never been superstitious before.
(d) She knows Caesar will not listen to her.
5. Why was the wound Brutus gave Caesar the worst of them all?
(a) He broke his heart.
(b) He re-opened an old war wound.
(c) He plunged the deepest.
(d) It was the last blow he would ever have on earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marc Antony call Brutus during the parley that cuts most deeply to Brutus?
2. What does Caesar first notice when he wakes up on the day of his assassination?
3. Which of these is NOT a bad omen that Cassius sees the morning before his battle with Marc Antony?
4. Where does Octavius insist on taking his army when Brutus's army arrives?
5. What is the last thing Brutus asks the crowd after Caesar's assassination?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)