|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the wound Brutus gave Caesar the worst of them all?
(a) He re-opened an old war wound.
(b) He plunged the deepest.
(c) It was the last blow he would ever have on earth.
(d) He broke his heart.
2. What does Caesar say about the signs Calpurnia has seen of impending doom?
(a) He will risk the chance of death to uphold his honor.
(b) They could be meant for any man.
(c) He does not believe in signs.
(d) They are figments of her imagination.
3. What is the last thing Brutus asks the crowd after Caesar's assassination?
(a) "Have I offended you?"
(b) "Can you follow me?"
(c) "Am I understood?"
(d) "Do you believe me?"
4. Where does Octavius insist on taking his army when Brutus's army arrives?
(a) Along the southeast border of the battlefield.
(b) Up the right side of the battlefield.
(c) To the north of the battlefield.
(d) Up the left side of the battlefield.
5. What does Antony read to the people as part of his eulogy for Caesar?
(a) His will.
(b) His new plan for Rome.
(c) A page from his journal.
(d) A letter to his wife while at war.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 3, Scene 2, who/what does Brutus say he loved more than Caesar?
2. What does Brutus offer the people if they do not agree with what he did for Rome by assassinating Caesar?
3. What was Calpurnia's dream about Caesar the night before his assassination?
4. Where does Marc Antony tell Octavius to take his army when Brutus's army arrives?
5. Who is the second person to speak to the crowd after Caesar's assassination?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)