|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marc Antony call Brutus during the parley that cuts most deeply to Brutus?
(a) A liar.
(b) A coward.
(c) A fool.
(d) A traitor.
2. What is the last thing Brutus asks the crowd after Caesar's assassination?
(a) "Am I understood?"
(b) "Have I offended you?"
(c) "Can you follow me?"
(d) "Do you believe me?"
3. What does Marc Antony say he is doing when he first addresses the crowd after Caesar's assassination?
(a) Burying Caesar.
(b) Remembering Caesar.
(c) Praising Caesar.
(d) Mourning Caesar.
4. What was Calpurnia's dream about Caesar the night before his assassination?
(a) The senate crucified him with his newly adorned crown.
(b) He fell into a mighty river and it ran red with blood.
(c) He was beheaded.
(d) His statue was running with blood.
5. What does Caesar say about the signs Calpurnia has seen of impending doom?
(a) He will risk the chance of death to uphold his honor.
(b) They are figments of her imagination.
(c) He does not believe in signs.
(d) They could be meant for any man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antony read to the people as part of his eulogy for Caesar?
2. Where does Marc Antony tell Octavius to take his army when Brutus's army arrives?
3. What does Caesar do when the conspirators all come to escort him to the Senate House in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What does Caesar first notice when he wakes up on the day of his assassination?
5. Why are these superstitions in Act 2, Scene 2 so odd to hear from Calpurnia?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)