|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 3, Scene 2, who/what does Brutus say he loved more than Caesar?
(d) The Senate.
2. What does Calpurnia say that eventually convinces Caesar to stay at home in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The crown will fit more comfortably on a day not laden with omens.
(b) Antony can tell the Senate that Caesar is ill.
(c) The Senate will be more convinced that he is not a tyrant if he stays home.
(d) He can use her worries as an excuse.
3. What does the second person to address the crowd after Caesar's assassination bring with him when he speaks to the crowd?
(a) A vial of Caesar's blood.
(b) Caesar's crown.
(c) Caesar's body.
(d) Caesar's sword.
4. Why are these superstitions in Act 2, Scene 2 so odd to hear from Calpurnia?
(a) She does not love her husband any more.
(b) She has never been superstitious before.
(c) She rarely speaks to Caeser anymore.
(d) She knows Caesar will not listen to her.
5. What does Caesar say would make him a coward after Calpurnia tells him her worries in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Not attending the senate.
(b) Fearing death.
(c) Believing in superstitions.
(d) Heeding the words of a woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the crowd's response to the last question Brutus asks after Caesar's assassination?
2. What does Marc Antony call Brutus during the parley that cuts most deeply to Brutus?
3. How does Antony refer to the conspirators while he is giving his eulogy on Caesar to the crowd?
4. How does Decius interpret Calpurnia's dream about Caesar's death?
5. Where does Octavius insist on taking his army when Brutus's army arrives?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)