|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Caesar tell Decius about Calpurnia's dream about his death?
(a) Decius pesters him with questions.
(b) Decius calls him a coward.
(c) He loves Decius.
(d) Decius seems concerned, and Caesar wants to calm his fears.
2. What does Brutus say Caesar would have done to the people of Rome had he been allowed to live?
(a) Led them to unending war.
(b) Tax them to death.
(c) Turn them into slaves.
(d) Take advantage of their trust and loyalty.
3. What does Marc Antony say he is doing when he first addresses the crowd after Caesar's assassination?
(a) Praising Caesar.
(b) Burying Caesar.
(c) Mourning Caesar.
(d) Remembering Caesar.
4. What does Calpurnia say that eventually convinces Caesar to stay at home in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) He can use her worries as an excuse.
(b) The crown will fit more comfortably on a day not laden with omens.
(c) The Senate will be more convinced that he is not a tyrant if he stays home.
(d) Antony can tell the Senate that Caesar is ill.
5. What does Caesar first notice when he wakes up on the day of his assassination?
(a) He sees an owl in the daylight.
(b) A feeling of gloom.
(c) It is oddly bright.
(d) The stormy weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caesar say about the signs Calpurnia has seen of impending doom?
2. What was the crowd's response to the last question Brutus asks after Caesar's assassination?
3. What does Caesar do when the conspirators all come to escort him to the Senate House in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What was Calpurnia's dream about Caesar the night before his assassination?
5. What does Brutus offer the people if they do not agree with what he did for Rome by assassinating Caesar?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)