|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Calpurnia's dream about Caesar the night before his assassination?
(a) He was beheaded.
(b) The senate crucified him with his newly adorned crown.
(c) His statue was running with blood.
(d) He fell into a mighty river and it ran red with blood.
2. What does Decius say that immediately changes Caesar's decision about staying home the day of his assassination?
(a) The Senate has a special gift for Caesar that day.
(b) Marc Antony will be at the Senate House to protect him.
(c) The people are chanting his name in the streets.
(d) The Senate will crown him king.
3. Where is Marc Antony's army stationed in Act 5, Scene 1?
4. Why are these superstitions in Act 2, Scene 2 so odd to hear from Calpurnia?
(a) She has never been superstitious before.
(b) She rarely speaks to Caeser anymore.
(c) She does not love her husband any more.
(d) She knows Caesar will not listen to her.
5. How does Decius interpret Calpurnia's dream about Caesar's death?
(a) His blood will renew Rome.
(b) He will be a wellspring of life and love for the Senate.
(c) He will give new life and vitality to Rome.
(d) He will die when his mission has been fulfilled.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caesar first notice when he wakes up on the day of his assassination?
2. What does Caesar say would make him a coward after Calpurnia tells him her worries in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What does Caesar do when the conspirators all come to escort him to the Senate House in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What did the priests find in the sacrificed animal that make them tell Caesar to stay at home?
5. Which of these is NOT a bad omen that Cassius sees the morning before his battle with Marc Antony?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)