|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the leaders do during the parley before the battle in Act 5, Scene 1 begins?
(a) Cry and pray for Rome.
(b) Insult each other.
(c) Try to find a truce.
(d) Offer up their own offers of peace.
2. What does Caesar say about the signs Calpurnia has seen of impending doom?
(a) He will risk the chance of death to uphold his honor.
(b) They could be meant for any man.
(c) They are figments of her imagination.
(d) He does not believe in signs.
3. What does Decius say that immediately changes Caesar's decision about staying home the day of his assassination?
(a) Marc Antony will be at the Senate House to protect him.
(b) The Senate will crown him king.
(c) The Senate has a special gift for Caesar that day.
(d) The people are chanting his name in the streets.
4. What does Caesar say would make him a coward after Calpurnia tells him her worries in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Heeding the words of a woman.
(b) Fearing death.
(c) Believing in superstitions.
(d) Not attending the senate.
5. What does Caesar do when the conspirators all come to escort him to the Senate House in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Invites them in for wine.
(b) Prays with them.
(c) Thanks them for their friendship.
(d) Offers them some dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person to address the crowd after Caesar's assassination?
2. What was Calpurnia's dream about Caesar the night before his assassination?
3. What is the last thing Brutus asks the crowd after Caesar's assassination?
4. What does the second person to address the crowd after Caesar's assassination bring with him when he speaks to the crowd?
5. How does Antony refer to the conspirators while he is giving his eulogy on Caesar to the crowd?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)