|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Kapugen say plovers were?
2. What was found after Kapugen went missing?
3. What does Julie like learning after leaving the seal camp?
4. What destroys Miyax's sleep bag and food supply?
5. What was Kapugen's job before his wife died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miyax find outside of her tent during a whiteout, and what does she do about it?
2. What happens after Julie has been away from the seal camp for a month?
3. What do some men in town tease Daniel about?
4. What happened at the Bladder Feast?
5. How was Jello punished for taking Miyax's pack and why?
6. What does Julie do when some girls make fun of her old Eskimo ways?
7. What does Julie see that lets her know she is getting near her destination?
8. Why does Julie not chase Jello when he takes her pack?
9. How is Amaroq killed, and what infuriates Miyax most about it?
10. What does Miyax find outside the empty den, and what does she decide to do with it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Protection is a strong theme in this story. Where does this theme appear, and which characters are most affected by the presence of this theme?
Essay Topic 2
Nature played a very tangible role in this book. What was this role, and how did it affect the main characters?
Essay Topic 3
There are a number of different settings in this book. Describe some of these settings. Why might Jean Craighead George have chosen these settings for this plot to take place?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)