|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miyax find outside the den after the pack has left her?
2. What does Julie find by her bed the morning after Jello takes her pack?
3. What does the wolf pack do the night Amaroq dies?
4. What did Miyax hear just before she was taken away from the seal camp?
5. How does Julie heal Kapu's wound?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Julie do after Daniel confronts her?
2. What does Julie do when some girls make fun of her old Eskimo ways?
3. How does Miyax remember the sea from her childhood?
4. What does Miyax find when she wakes up the morning after her pack was stolen, and what does it mean to her?
5. What does Miyax find outside the empty den, and what does she decide to do with it?
6. Why does Miyax not despair her fate after seeing the damage Jello did to her camp?
7. How does Julie describe Naka while she is living in his home in Barrow?
8. What does Martha say Kapugen did when his wife died?
9. Why does Miyax not hit Jello for destroying her things?
10. Why does Pearl think Julie has been sent to Barrow?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Acceptance is a strong theme in this book. Which characters present this theme, and how does it affect the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Diversity and discrimination are two major and related themes in this book. Where do these themes appear, and how do they work together to propel the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Many characters in this book are forced to sacrifice much in order to obtain their goals. Who are some of these characters, and how did their sacrifices affect the other characters around them? Were these sacrifices worth the reward? Why or why not?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)