|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Julie heal Kapu's wound?
2. What does Amaroq do when Miyax tries to follow him?
3. Why does Julie choose to stop traveling one night?
4. What was Kapugen's job before his wife died?
5. What does the wolf pack do the night Amaroq dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Julie do after Daniel confronts her?
2. How does Miyax use the cold to help her on her journey?
3. What does Daniel do after he is teased by the men in town?
4. What does Julie do when some girls make fun of her old Eskimo ways?
5. What does Miyax find outside the empty den, and what does she decide to do with it?
6. What happens after Julie has been away from the seal camp for a month?
7. How was Jello punished for taking Miyax's pack and why?
8. What does Miyax find when she wakes up the morning after her pack was stolen, and what does it mean to her?
9. What does Julie end up doing most of the time she is in Barrow?
10. What kind of reward is there for men who kill wolves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Persistence was a major attribute that a few of the main characters in this book possessed. Which characters had this trait, and how did it affect their role in the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a major motivating factor for a number of characters in this book. Which characters are most affected by this, and what are some of the different ways this fear is manifested?
Essay Topic 3
Compassion and empathy is a theme present in a number of places in the plot. What are some of the best examples of this theme, and how did the presence of this theme affect the outcome of this book?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)