|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Julie give to the second-in-command male of the pack?
2. What does Miyax use to mark her way back home when she goes hunting?
3. What is Julie trying to learn at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Miyax plan to do with meat to make it lighter to carry?
5. What does Julie name the female puppy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miyax see as her only hope in the tundra, and where did she get this idea?
2. What kind of signs in nature did Miyax use in her home village?
3. What does Miyax do to try and discover the language of the wolves?
4. What does Miyax do the night before she begins her journey?
5. What is Miyax shocked to find with her caribou meat one day?
6. What does Miyax do the day she is to start her journey?
7. Who are the other adult wolves in the pack, and how does Miyax describe them?
8. What does Miyax do when she hears a plane flying overhead?
9. What did Miyax plan to eat while running away, and why did that not work for her?
10. How does Miyax respond to the shock she receives about her caribou meat?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Maturity is a theme presented in a number of places in this plot, and is manifested in a number of different ways. Choose a few of these instances and compare and contrast them. How are they different in their manifestations of this sensitive theme?
Essay Topic 2
Betrayal is an important theme in this book. Where does this theme appear, and how does it affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Compassion and empathy is a theme present in a number of places in the plot. What are some of the best examples of this theme, and how did the presence of this theme affect the outcome of this book?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)