|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miyax want to convince Amaroq that she is?
2. What is Julie's father's name?
3. What is Julie surprised about when the wolves come back from hunting?
4. Where is the plane Miyax sees heading?
5. In what season do wolves live nomadic lives?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miyax do when she hears a plane flying overhead?
2. How does Miyax make a compass?
3. Who are the other adult wolves in the pack, and how does Miyax describe them?
4. What does Miyax do the day she is to start her journey?
5. What does Miyax do to try and discover the language of the wolves?
6. What did Miyax pack when she ran away?
7. How do the subordinate wolves pay homage to the leader of the pack?
8. What kind of signs in nature did Miyax use in her home village?
9. What did Miyax plan to eat while running away, and why did that not work for her?
10. What happens when Amaroq rips up Miyax's leather mitten?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Much of this plot follows the relationship between Miyax and Amaroq. How does this relationship change over the course of the plot, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
There are a number of different settings in this book. Describe some of these settings. Why might Jean Craighead George have chosen these settings for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Many characters in this book are forced to sacrifice much in order to obtain their goals. Who are some of these characters, and how did their sacrifices affect the other characters around them? Were these sacrifices worth the reward? Why or why not?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)