|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what direction did the berry bushes point in Julie's village?
2. What did Miyax's father say someone should change when they are afraid?
3. What is Julie careful never to do around the wolves?
4. In what season do wolves live nomadic lives?
5. How does Miyax play with the pups?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Miyax make a compass?
2. What happens when Amaroq rips up Miyax's leather mitten?
3. What is Miyax shocked to find with her caribou meat one day?
4. What does Miyax see as her only hope in the tundra, and where did she get this idea?
5. How does Miyax respond to the shock she receives about her caribou meat?
6. What does Miyax hear one night after the first signs of winter appears, and what causes these sounds?
7. What does Miyax intend to do when she gets to the ocean?
8. What does Miyax do the day she is to start her journey?
9. Where is Miyax ultimately heading when she runs away and where will she stay?
10. What is the song Miyax sings to Amaroq?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There were three cultures presented in this book. What are they, and how do they relate to each other? How does each of these play a role in Julie's life?
Essay Topic 2
Nature played a very tangible role in this book. What was this role, and how did it affect the main characters?
Essay Topic 3
Human nature is a strong symbol and theme in this book. Where does this symbol appear, and what role does it play in the book?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)