|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Miyax's father say fear did to a man?
2. What did Miyax's father used to hunt as a child?
3. How far can wolves run in a single night?
4. What outruns Amaroq during a hunt that Miyax sees?
5. What does Miyax decide to hunt for herself?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Miyax respond to the shock she receives about her caribou meat?
2. What does Miyax do the night before she begins her journey?
3. What is Miyax shocked to find with her caribou meat one day?
4. What does Miyax do to try and discover the language of the wolves?
5. What is the song Miyax sings to Amaroq?
6. What happens when Amaroq rips up Miyax's leather mitten?
7. What did Miyax plan to eat while running away, and why did that not work for her?
8. How does Miyax make a compass?
9. Why is Miyax in the middle of the tundra at the beginning of the book?
10. What does Miyax do when she hears a plane flying overhead?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Persistence was a major attribute that a few of the main characters in this book possessed. Which characters had this trait, and how did it affect their role in the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a major motivating factor for a number of characters in this book. Which characters are most affected by this, and what are some of the different ways this fear is manifested?
Essay Topic 3
Symbolism is a very prevalent literary device used by the author. What are some of these symbols, and how does their presence affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)