|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julie do to get the approval of the pack leader?
2. What kind of meat do the wolves give Julie?
3. What does Amaroq ruin that belonged to Miyax?
4. How many entrances do normal wolf dens have?
5. In what direction did the berry bushes point in Julie's village?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miyax do the night before she begins her journey?
2. How does Miyax protect her meat after she sees the first signs of winter approaching?
3. What did Kapugen tell Miyax about fear?
4. What did Miyax plan to eat while running away, and why did that not work for her?
5. What does Miyax do to try and discover the language of the wolves?
6. What happens when Amaroq rips up Miyax's leather mitten?
7. What does Miyax do the day she is to start her journey?
8. Where is Miyax ultimately heading when she runs away and where will she stay?
9. Who is the leader of the wolf pack, and how does Miyax describe him?
10. How does Miyax make a compass?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ellen was a minor character in this book who made a huge impact on the plot. How did she accomplish this, and how would the plot have been altered had she not been included in the story line?
Essay Topic 2
Compassion and empathy is a theme present in a number of places in the plot. What are some of the best examples of this theme, and how did the presence of this theme affect the outcome of this book?
Essay Topic 3
Maturity is a theme presented in a number of places in this plot, and is manifested in a number of different ways. Choose a few of these instances and compare and contrast them. How are they different in their manifestations of this sensitive theme?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)