|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Kapugen say plovers were?
(a) Faithful friends.
(b) Signs of danger.
(c) Good omens.
(d) Bird spirits.
2. What is the color of the bedroom Julie would stay in if she were to go to San Francisco?
3. How long did Miyax live at the seal camp?
(a) Six years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Four years.
4. What kind of people are on the plane?
(a) Gold miners.
5. What is the plane following?
(a) The caribou herd.
(b) The river.
(c) The wolf pack.
(d) The mountain range.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julie notice first about her new husband?
2. What does Julie do as she leaves the wolves after retrieving her pack?
3. What kind of bird does Julie find after carving all night?
4. What makes Julie very happy while she is letting go of the Eskimo ways?
5. What is the name of Julie's mother-in-law?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miyax find outside the empty den, and what does she decide to do with it?
2. What does Julie see that lets her know she is getting near her destination?
3. Why does Julie not chase Jello when he takes her pack?
4. Why does Miyax not despair her fate after seeing the damage Jello did to her camp?
5. What brings Julie her greatest happiness while living in Fairfax?
6. How is Amaroq killed, and what infuriates Miyax most about it?
7. How was Jello punished for taking Miyax's pack and why?
8. What happens after Julie has been away from the seal camp for a month?
9. How does Miyax remember the sea from her childhood?
10. How does Miyax use the cold to help her on her journey?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)