|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Julie surprised about when the wolves come back from hunting?
(a) They are covered in sweat.
(b) They go right to sleep.
(c) They brought no food.
(d) They are covered in blood.
2. Where is Julie at the beginning of the book?
(a) At the lake.
(b) At sea.
(c) In the village.
(d) On the tundra.
3. How long do pups stay in their second den?
(a) A few days.
(b) A few months.
(c) A few weeks.
(d) A year.
4. How many entrances do normal wolf dens have?
5. What does Miyax want to convince Amaroq that she is?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julie do to the weak adult to show that she is boss?
2. What season is approaching when Miyax tries to get food from the wolves?
3. What question does Amy always ask Julie?
4. In what month do the towns along the Arctic Ocean get their supplies?
5. What does Amaroq do to find an animal to kill?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Amaroq rips up Miyax's leather mitten?
2. How do the subordinate wolves pay homage to the leader of the pack?
3. What kind of signs in nature did Miyax use in her home village?
4. What does Miyax hear one night after the first signs of winter appears, and what causes these sounds?
5. How does Miyax get food from the wolves?
6. What is Miyax shocked to find with her caribou meat one day?
7. What does Miyax do to try and discover the language of the wolves?
8. What does Miyax do the night before she begins her journey?
9. What does Miyax do the day she is to start her journey?
10. Who is the leader of the wolf pack, and how does Miyax describe him?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)