|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Miyax's father used to hunt as a child?
2. What kind of animal does Miyax see an owl catch?
3. What does the female do when the pups try to nurse?
(a) Barks at them.
(b) Turns over.
(c) Bites their noses.
(d) Snaps at them.
4. Who has Julie run away from at the beginning of the book?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her teacher.
(d) Her husband.
5. Which of the following is a bird seen on the tundra?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miyax decide to hunt for herself?
2. What does Amaroq invite Miyax to do?
3. What is Julie trying to learn at the beginning of the book?
4. What is Julie's name at the beginning of the book?
5. How far can wolves run in a single night?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Miyax protect her meat after she sees the first signs of winter approaching?
2. What does Miyax do the night before she begins her journey?
3. Who is the leader of the wolf pack, and how does Miyax describe him?
4. What does Miyax hear one night after the first signs of winter appears, and what causes these sounds?
5. What did Kapugen tell Miyax about fear?
6. How does Miyax get food from the wolves?
7. What did Miyax plan to eat while running away, and why did that not work for her?
8. Who are the other adult wolves in the pack, and how does Miyax describe them?
9. How does Miyax make a compass?
10. Why is Miyax in the middle of the tundra at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)