|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miyax use for a noose?
(a) Her tights.
(b) Some hair.
(c) Her boots.
(d) Rabbit skin.
2. Who challenges Miyax for the remains of the caribou?
3. How does Miyax play with the pups?
(a) Scratches their ears.
(d) Plays fetch.
4. What does Miyax decide to hunt for herself?
5. Where is Julie at the beginning of the book?
(a) At sea.
(b) In the village.
(c) At the lake.
(d) On the tundra.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kapu show his hostile feelings for Miyax?
2. How often does the animal population drop in the Arctic?
3. Which of the following is NOT someone the wolf leaders would bring food to?
4. What does Amaroq invite Miyax to do?
5. What did Miyax's father used to hunt as a child?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Kapugen tell Miyax about fear?
2. What does Kapu see that scares Miyax?
3. What does Miyax do the day she is to start her journey?
4. What did Miyax plan to eat while running away, and why did that not work for her?
5. What does Miyax see as her only hope in the tundra, and where did she get this idea?
6. What did Miyax pack when she ran away?
7. Why is Miyax in the middle of the tundra at the beginning of the book?
8. What kind of signs in nature did Miyax use in her home village?
9. What does Miyax do to try and discover the language of the wolves?
10. How does Miyax get food from the wolves?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)