|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the city Julie lives in after being taken from the seal camp?
2. What is the name of the city Julie is heading for?
(a) Point Hope.
3. What does Miyax want to make with the item she found outside the den?
(a) A comb.
(b) A totem.
(c) A token.
(d) A club.
4. How many times does Miyax remember being left behind?
5. What does Julie do as she leaves the wolves after retrieving her pack?
6. What is the name of Julie's mother-in-law?
7. What did Kapugen do to keep Miyax warm on their journey after his wife died?
(a) Made snow caves.
(b) Put her in his parka.
(c) Built large fires.
(d) Snuggled in bearskins.
8. What is the color of the bedroom Julie would stay in if she were to go to San Francisco?
9. What is the name of Naka's son?
10. What does Miyax plan to make with the antler she finds after the wolves leave?
(a) A club.
(b) A rake.
(c) A spear.
(d) A compass.
11. What does Julie see as a sign that she is nearing civilization?
(a) Oil drums.
(b) Metal poles.
(c) Abandoned cabins.
(d) Broken trees.
12. What makes Julie very happy while she is letting go of the Eskimo ways?
(a) Doing well in school.
(b) Getting a pen pal.
(c) Making friends.
(d) Feeling peace.
13. Why does Julie want the wolves to run away from her?
(a) So they can find food.
(b) So they will be happy.
(c) To avoid the humans.
(d) To get some peace.
14. Who tells Julie that her father is missing?
(a) A police officer.
(b) A teacher.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her uncle.
15. What was Kapugen's job before his wife died?
(b) Manager of reindeer.
(d) Trail guide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Amaroq training Kapu to be?
2. What does Julie decide to make a carving of on the night she does not travel?
3. Why does Julie let go of her Eskimo ways?
4. What kind of parka was Kapugen making for Miyax when she was taken from the seal camp?
5. What is the plane following?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)