|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miyax consider a great treat while carving the caribou?
(a) A piece of the heart.
(b) A section of entrails.
(c) A slice of liver.
(d) A slice of kidney.
2. What does Julie name the female puppy?
3. What is Julie surprised about when the wolves come back from hunting?
(a) They brought no food.
(b) They are covered in sweat.
(c) They go right to sleep.
(d) They are covered in blood.
4. What does Miyax find in the owl's nest?
(a) A store of lemmings.
(b) A starving owlet.
(c) A frozen sandpiper.
5. What did Julie hope to live on while running away?
6. How long did Kapugen once wait for a seal to surface from the water?
(a) Five hours.
(b) Six hours.
(c) Seven hours.
(d) Eight hours.
7. What does Miyax use for a noose?
(a) Some hair.
(b) Her boots.
(c) Her tights.
(d) Rabbit skin.
8. Who is Amy?
(a) Julie's sister-in-law.
(b) Julie's mother.
(c) Julie's aunt.
(d) Julie's pen pal.
9. Which of the following is a bird seen on the tundra?
10. How long do pups stay in their second den?
(a) A few months.
(b) A few days.
(c) A year.
(d) A few weeks.
11. Whom does Kapu not have to listen to, as he gets older?
12. In what month do the towns along the Arctic Ocean get their supplies?
13. Which of the following is NOT someone the wolf leaders would bring food to?
(a) Injured pack members.
(b) Other adult wolves.
(d) Female wolves.
14. What is Julie trying to learn at the beginning of the book?
(a) The ways of the birds.
(b) The wind language.
(c) Wolf language.
(d) The sign of nature.
15. What is Miyax's knife called?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miyax use to mark her way back home when she goes hunting?
2. What name did Julie give to the weakest wolf in the pack
3. What season is approaching when Miyax tries to get food from the wolves?
4. How long can Julie survive on the food she took with her?
5. What does Julie do to get the approval of the pack leader?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)