|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does it mean if a puppy crouches low and holds his ears back?
(a) He has been naughty.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He wants some attention.
(d) He is hungry.
2. What does Amaroq ruin that belonged to Miyax?
(a) A mitten.
(b) The sleeping bag.
(c) A parka.
(d) Her leather pack.
3. What does Miyax plan to do with meat to make it lighter to carry?
(a) Boil it.
(b) Cut it into strips.
(c) Freeze it.
(d) Smoke it.
4. What color is Amaroq?
5. How many entrances does a den have for a newborn pup?
6. In what direction did the berry bushes point in Julie's village?
7. What is Julie's name at the beginning of the book?
8. What is Julie's husband's name?
9. What causes Kapu to look hostilely at Miyax?
(a) She stands up.
(b) She speaks human words.
(c) She changes her clothes.
(d) She goes into her tent.
10. What is Julie careful never to do around the wolves?
(a) Get too close.
(b) Make a sound.
(c) Stand up.
(d) Show disrespect.
11. Who is Amy?
(a) Julie's aunt.
(b) Julie's mother.
(c) Julie's sister-in-law.
(d) Julie's pen pal.
12. What name does Julie give to the second-in-command male of the pack?
13. What does Kapu do when Miyax corrects what upset him?
(a) Walks away.
(b) Comes to play.
(c) Eats her meal.
(d) Licks her hand.
14. How does Miyax play with the pups?
(a) Scratches their ears.
(d) Plays fetch.
15. What is Julie surprised about when the wolves come back from hunting?
(a) They are covered in blood.
(b) They brought no food.
(c) They go right to sleep.
(d) They are covered in sweat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miyax use for a noose?
2. What does Miyax decide to hunt for herself?
3. How long did Kapugen once wait for a seal to surface from the water?
4. What name did Julie give to the weakest wolf in the pack
5. What did Julie hope to live on while running away?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)