|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miyax use for a noose?
(a) Her tights.
(b) Rabbit skin.
(c) Her boots.
(d) Some hair.
2. Where is Julie at the beginning of the book?
(a) On the tundra.
(b) In the village.
(c) At the lake.
(d) At sea.
3. How many entrances do normal wolf dens have?
4. How long can Julie survive on the food she took with her?
(a) One week.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One month.
(d) Three weeks.
5. Why does Miyax follow the owl back to its nest?
(a) She could eat the droppings.
(b) She hopes to find eggs.
(c) She wants to steal its dinner.
(d) They usually store extra food.
6. Why do the wolves not hunt in the morning after Miyax stays with them?
(a) It is snowing.
(b) There is fog.
(c) Amaroq is sick.
(d) They are full.
7. What kind of animal does Miyax see an owl catch?
8. How often did the puffins fly to sea during the day in Julie's village?
(a) Four times.
(d) Three times.
9. Who is fighting with Amaroq when Miyax returns from hunting?
10. What did Miyax's father say fear did to a man?
(a) Abandoned him.
(b) Crippled him.
(c) Enlightened him.
(d) Hardened him.
11. What does Amaroq ruin that belonged to Miyax?
(a) The sleeping bag.
(b) A parka.
(c) A mitten.
(d) Her leather pack.
12. What does the female do when the pups try to nurse?
(a) Bites their noses.
(b) Snaps at them.
(c) Turns over.
(d) Barks at them.
13. Whom does Kapu not have to listen to, as he gets older?
14. What does Amaroq invite Miyax to do?
(b) Hunt with the pack.
(c) Travel with the pack.
(d) Sleep with the pack.
15. What season is approaching when Miyax tries to get food from the wolves?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the adult wolves feed the pups?
2. Why did Julie pack needles when she ran away from home?
3. What name did Julie give to the weakest wolf in the pack
4. What is Julie trying to learn at the beginning of the book?
5. How do the pups show they want food?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)