|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the wolves not hunt in the morning after Miyax stays with them?
(a) They are full.
(b) Amaroq is sick.
(c) There is fog.
(d) It is snowing.
2. What does Miyax consider a great treat while carving the caribou?
(a) A section of entrails.
(b) A piece of the heart.
(c) A slice of kidney.
(d) A slice of liver.
3. How many knives did Julie take with her when she ran away?
4. Which of the following is a bird seen on the tundra?
5. What did Julie name the smartest puppy?
6. How does Kapu show his hostile feelings for Miyax?
(a) He scrunches his nose.
(b) He nips her hand.
(c) He yips.
(d) He narrows his eyes.
7. What name did Julie give to the weakest wolf in the pack
8. What is Miyax's knife called?
9. How often does the animal population drop in the Arctic?
(a) Every four years.
(b) Every eight years.
(c) Every two years.
(d) Every six years.
10. What outruns Amaroq during a hunt that Miyax sees?
11. What is Julie trying to learn at the beginning of the book?
(a) Wolf language.
(b) The ways of the birds.
(c) The sign of nature.
(d) The wind language.
12. Which wolf is left to watch the pups while the others hunt?
13. What does Amaroq do to find an animal to kill?
(a) Finds a slow and old one.
(b) Finds the largest one.
(c) Looks for the babies.
(d) Chases the herd and grabs the middle of the pack.
14. How do the adult wolves feed the pups?
(a) They find rodents in the woods.
(b) They pack it in their mouths.
(c) They regurgitate the food.
(d) They masticate the food.
15. What is Julie's father's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amaroq ruin that belonged to Miyax?
2. Who has Julie run away from at the beginning of the book?
3. Where is the plane Miyax sees heading?
4. What does the female do when the pups try to nurse?
5. What does Miyax want to convince Amaroq that she is?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)