|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who challenges Miyax for the remains of the caribou?
2. Who has Julie run away from at the beginning of the book?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her teacher.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her husband.
3. In what direction did the berry bushes point in Julie's village?
4. What does Miyax want to convince Amaroq that she is?
5. What does Miyax use to mark her way back home when she goes hunting?
(b) Rocks and grasses.
(c) Markings in the dirt.
(d) Bits of her clothing.
6. In what season do wolves live nomadic lives?
7. What did Miyax's father used to hunt as a child?
8. How many entrances does a den have for a newborn pup?
9. How often does the animal population drop in the Arctic?
(a) Every six years.
(b) Every two years.
(c) Every eight years.
(d) Every four years.
10. What is Julie's father's name?
11. What does Miyax use for a noose?
(a) Her tights.
(b) Some hair.
(c) Her boots.
(d) Rabbit skin.
12. What does Miyax plan to do with meat to make it lighter to carry?
(a) Smoke it.
(b) Boil it.
(c) Cut it into strips.
(d) Freeze it.
13. What is Julie careful never to do around the wolves?
(a) Show disrespect.
(b) Make a sound.
(c) Get too close.
(d) Stand up.
14. How does Kapu show his hostile feelings for Miyax?
(a) He yips.
(b) He nips her hand.
(c) He scrunches his nose.
(d) He narrows his eyes.
15. How do the pups show they want food?
(a) They nudge the adult's mouth.
(b) They sit upright with open mouths.
(c) They whimper.
(d) They roll on their backs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often did the puffins fly to sea during the day in Julie's village?
2. How long can Julie survive on the food she took with her?
3. What kind of animal does Miyax see an owl catch?
4. What does Miyax decide to hunt for herself?
5. How long do pups stay in their second den?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)