|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who challenges Miyax for the remains of the caribou?
2. How many entrances do normal wolf dens have?
3. What is the name of the ship that brings supplies to the Arctic Ocean towns every year?
(a) The Ice and Stone.
(b) Ursa Major.
(c) The Pine Way.
(d) The North Star.
4. What is Julie trying to learn at the beginning of the book?
(a) The wind language.
(b) The ways of the birds.
(c) Wolf language.
(d) The sign of nature.
5. In what season do wolves live nomadic lives?
6. Which of the following is NOT someone the wolf leaders would bring food to?
(a) Female wolves.
(b) Other adult wolves.
(c) Injured pack members.
7. What is Julie's father's name?
8. What color is Amaroq?
9. Where is the plane Miyax sees heading?
10. How far can wolves run in a single night?
(a) Fifty miles.
(b) One hundred miles.
(c) Twenty-five miles.
(d) Seventy-five miles.
11. What does Miyax decide to hunt for herself?
12. What is Julie's husband's name?
13. How many knives did Julie take with her when she ran away?
14. What does Miyax want to convince Amaroq that she is?
15. How do the adult wolves feed the pups?
(a) They masticate the food.
(b) They regurgitate the food.
(c) They find rodents in the woods.
(d) They pack it in their mouths.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Miyax amazed by as she watches the pack hunt?
2. In what direction did the berry bushes point in Julie's village?
3. How long did Kapugen once wait for a seal to surface from the water?
4. What name does Julie give to the second-in-command male of the pack?
5. Where is Julie at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)