|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often does the animal population drop in the Arctic?
(a) Every four years.
(b) Every six years.
(c) Every eight years.
(d) Every two years.
2. What does Kapu do when Miyax corrects what upset him?
(a) Licks her hand.
(b) Comes to play.
(c) Walks away.
(d) Eats her meal.
3. What is Julie's name at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Amaroq ruin that belonged to Miyax?
(a) A parka.
(b) Her leather pack.
(c) The sleeping bag.
(d) A mitten.
5. What does Miyax consider a great treat while carving the caribou?
(a) A piece of the heart.
(b) A section of entrails.
(c) A slice of kidney.
(d) A slice of liver.
6. What does Miyax plan to do with meat to make it lighter to carry?
(a) Cut it into strips.
(b) Freeze it.
(c) Boil it.
(d) Smoke it.
7. Who challenges Miyax for the remains of the caribou?
8. In what direction did the berry bushes point in Julie's village?
9. What is Julie's father's name?
10. What does Miyax decide to hunt for herself?
11. How many entrances does a den have for a newborn pup?
12. Which of the following is a bird seen on the tundra?
13. What does Julie do to the weak adult to show that she is boss?
(a) Pinches his nose.
(b) Stands upright.
(c) Twists his ear.
14. What did Miyax's father say someone should change when they are afraid?
(a) Their feelings.
(b) Their appearance.
(c) Their actions.
(d) Their surroundings.
15. What did Julie name the smartest puppy?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many knives did Julie take with her when she ran away?
2. What does the leader of the pack do to show that Julie is one of the pack?
3. Whom does Kapu not have to listen to, as he gets older?
4. What does Amaroq do to find an animal to kill?
5. What is Julie surprised about when the wolves come back from hunting?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)