|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amaroq invite Miyax to do?
(a) Hunt with the pack.
(c) Sleep with the pack.
(d) Travel with the pack.
2. What does the female do when the pups try to nurse?
(a) Turns over.
(b) Barks at them.
(c) Bites their noses.
(d) Snaps at them.
3. What does Miyax find in the owl's nest?
(a) A starving owlet.
(c) A store of lemmings.
(d) A frozen sandpiper.
4. What did Miyax's father say someone should change when they are afraid?
(a) Their actions.
(b) Their feelings.
(c) Their appearance.
(d) Their surroundings.
5. What does it mean when a wolf has his ears forward, eyes narrowed and teeth showing?
(a) You are in trouble.
(b) Stay still.
(c) Lie down.
(d) Come to me.
6. How long do pups stay in their second den?
(a) A few days.
(b) A year.
(c) A few weeks.
(d) A few months.
7. Why does Miyax follow the owl back to its nest?
(a) She wants to steal its dinner.
(b) She could eat the droppings.
(c) She hopes to find eggs.
(d) They usually store extra food.
8. What is Julie careful never to do around the wolves?
(a) Make a sound.
(b) Get too close.
(c) Show disrespect.
(d) Stand up.
9. What question does Amy always ask Julie?
(a) Are you happy?
(b) When are you coming to San Francisco?
(c) Are you forgetting the old ways?
(d) What have you done with the family name?
10. What kind of animal does Miyax see an owl catch?
11. What does Julie do to the weak adult to show that she is boss?
(a) Twists his ear.
(b) Pinches his nose.
(d) Stands upright.
12. Who has Julie run away from at the beginning of the book?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her teacher.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her father.
13. What did Julie hope to live on while running away?
14. How often does the animal population drop in the Arctic?
(a) Every six years.
(b) Every two years.
(c) Every eight years.
(d) Every four years.
15. In what season do wolves live nomadic lives?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the wolves not hunt in the morning after Miyax stays with them?
2. Which of the following is a bird seen on the tundra?
3. What does Miyax decide to hunt for herself?
4. What does the leader of the pack do to show that Julie is one of the pack?
5. What name did Julie give Amaroq's mate?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)