|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Kapugen once wait for a seal to surface from the water?
(a) Seven hours.
(b) Six hours.
(c) Five hours.
(d) Eight hours.
2. Where is Julie trying to get at the beginning of the book?
(a) To the woods.
(b) To her mother's grave.
(c) To the ocean.
(d) To her father's house.
3. How long do pups stay in their second den?
(a) A few weeks.
(b) A few days.
(c) A few months.
(d) A year.
4. How many knives did Julie take with her when she ran away?
5. In what month do the towns along the Arctic Ocean get their supplies?
6. What outruns Amaroq during a hunt that Miyax sees?
7. What name does Julie give to the second-in-command male of the pack?
8. What does Amaroq ruin that belonged to Miyax?
(a) The sleeping bag.
(b) A parka.
(c) Her leather pack.
(d) A mitten.
9. What is Julie's husband's name?
10. What is Miyax amazed by as she watches the pack hunt?
(a) The excitement.
(b) The speed.
(c) The teamwork.
(d) The blood.
11. What does Miyax find in the owl's nest?
(a) A store of lemmings.
(b) A starving owlet.
(d) A frozen sandpiper.
12. Why do the wolves not hunt in the morning after Miyax stays with them?
(a) They are full.
(b) It is snowing.
(c) Amaroq is sick.
(d) There is fog.
13. What does Julie name the female puppy?
14. What did Miyax's father say fear did to a man?
(a) Abandoned him.
(b) Crippled him.
(c) Hardened him.
(d) Enlightened him.
15. What is Julie trying to learn at the beginning of the book?
(a) The ways of the birds.
(b) The wind language.
(c) The sign of nature.
(d) Wolf language.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Julie surprised about when the wolves come back from hunting?
2. What did Miyax's father say someone should change when they are afraid?
3. Who challenges Miyax for the remains of the caribou?
4. What did Miyax's father used to hunt as a child?
5. What did Julie hope to live on while running away?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)