|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Miyax play with the pups?
(b) Scratches their ears.
(d) Plays fetch.
2. What causes Kapu to look hostilely at Miyax?
(a) She speaks human words.
(b) She changes her clothes.
(c) She goes into her tent.
(d) She stands up.
3. What is Miyax amazed by as she watches the pack hunt?
(a) The speed.
(b) The blood.
(c) The excitement.
(d) The teamwork.
4. How do the pups show they want food?
(a) They nudge the adult's mouth.
(b) They sit upright with open mouths.
(c) They roll on their backs.
(d) They whimper.
5. How long do pups stay in their second den?
(a) A few days.
(b) A few weeks.
(c) A year.
(d) A few months.
6. What does Miyax use for a noose?
(a) Her boots.
(b) Some hair.
(c) Her tights.
(d) Rabbit skin.
7. What does Miyax want to convince Amaroq that she is?
8. Which of the following is a bird seen on the tundra?
9. Who is Amy?
(a) Julie's pen pal.
(b) Julie's aunt.
(c) Julie's sister-in-law.
(d) Julie's mother.
10. What does Kapu do when Miyax corrects what upset him?
(a) Walks away.
(b) Eats her meal.
(c) Licks her hand.
(d) Comes to play.
11. What did Miyax's father say fear did to a man?
(a) Enlightened him.
(b) Crippled him.
(c) Abandoned him.
(d) Hardened him.
12. How often does the animal population drop in the Arctic?
(a) Every six years.
(b) Every two years.
(c) Every four years.
(d) Every eight years.
13. What does Amaroq ruin that belonged to Miyax?
(a) The sleeping bag.
(b) A mitten.
(c) A parka.
(d) Her leather pack.
14. How often did the puffins fly to sea during the day in Julie's village?
(a) Three times.
(d) Four times.
15. Why do the wolves not hunt in the morning after Miyax stays with them?
(a) It is snowing.
(b) Amaroq is sick.
(c) There is fog.
(d) They are full.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kapu show his hostile feelings for Miyax?
2. What kind of animal does Miyax see an owl catch?
3. What name does Julie give to the second-in-command male of the pack?
4. What does Miyax consider a great treat while carving the caribou?
5. What did Miyax's father used to hunt as a child?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)