|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Miyax's father say fear did to a man?
(a) Hardened him.
(b) Crippled him.
(c) Abandoned him.
(d) Enlightened him.
2. Who is Amy?
(a) Julie's aunt.
(b) Julie's sister-in-law.
(c) Julie's pen pal.
(d) Julie's mother.
3. What does Kapu do when Miyax corrects what upset him?
(a) Eats her meal.
(b) Licks her hand.
(c) Walks away.
(d) Comes to play.
4. How often does the animal population drop in the Arctic?
(a) Every four years.
(b) Every six years.
(c) Every two years.
(d) Every eight years.
5. Which of the following is NOT someone the wolf leaders would bring food to?
(b) Injured pack members.
(c) Female wolves.
(d) Other adult wolves.
6. In what direction did the berry bushes point in Julie's village?
7. Whom does Kapu not have to listen to, as he gets older?
8. In what season do wolves live nomadic lives?
9. What does Julie do to get the approval of the pack leader?
(a) Brings food to share.
(b) Crawls on all fours.
(c) Pats his chin.
(d) Protects a puppy.
10. Who is fighting with Amaroq when Miyax returns from hunting?
11. What question does Amy always ask Julie?
(a) Are you forgetting the old ways?
(b) Are you happy?
(c) When are you coming to San Francisco?
(d) What have you done with the family name?
12. What did Julie hope to live on while running away?
13. What does Miyax want to convince Amaroq that she is?
14. What causes Kapu to look hostilely at Miyax?
(a) She changes her clothes.
(b) She stands up.
(c) She speaks human words.
(d) She goes into her tent.
15. What does Miyax plan to do with meat to make it lighter to carry?
(a) Boil it.
(b) Smoke it.
(c) Freeze it.
(d) Cut it into strips.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name did Julie give Amaroq's mate?
2. What does Miyax find in the owl's nest?
3. What does Miyax use for a noose?
4. What kind of meat do the wolves give Julie?
5. What is Julie's name at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)