|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amaroq ruin that belonged to Miyax?
(a) A parka.
(b) The sleeping bag.
(c) Her leather pack.
(d) A mitten.
2. How many entrances does a den have for a newborn pup?
3. What kind of meat do the wolves give Julie?
4. Which wolf is left to watch the pups while the others hunt?
5. What outruns Amaroq during a hunt that Miyax sees?
6. What is Julie careful never to do around the wolves?
(a) Stand up.
(b) Make a sound.
(c) Get too close.
(d) Show disrespect.
7. How long can Julie survive on the food she took with her?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One week.
(d) One month.
8. What is the name of the ship that brings supplies to the Arctic Ocean towns every year?
(a) The North Star.
(b) Ursa Major.
(c) The Pine Way.
(d) The Ice and Stone.
9. What does Julie name the female puppy?
10. What did Miyax's father used to hunt as a child?
11. What does Julie do to get the approval of the pack leader?
(a) Brings food to share.
(b) Crawls on all fours.
(c) Protects a puppy.
(d) Pats his chin.
12. How many entrances do normal wolf dens have?
13. What is Julie's name at the beginning of the book?
14. In what season do wolves live nomadic lives?
15. What season is approaching when Miyax tries to get food from the wolves?
Short Answer Questions
1. How far can wolves run in a single night?
2. Why does Miyax follow the owl back to its nest?
3. What does Miyax decide to hunt for herself?
4. Why do the wolves not hunt in the morning after Miyax stays with them?
5. How long do pups stay in their second den?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)