|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the ship that brings supplies to the Arctic Ocean towns every year?
(a) Ursa Major.
(b) The North Star.
(c) The Pine Way.
(d) The Ice and Stone.
2. How often does the animal population drop in the Arctic?
(a) Every eight years.
(b) Every four years.
(c) Every six years.
(d) Every two years.
3. Where is the plane Miyax sees heading?
4. What is Miyax's knife called?
5. How many entrances do normal wolf dens have?
6. Where is Julie trying to get at the beginning of the book?
(a) To the ocean.
(b) To her father's house.
(c) To her mother's grave.
(d) To the woods.
7. How far can wolves run in a single night?
(a) Fifty miles.
(b) One hundred miles.
(c) Twenty-five miles.
(d) Seventy-five miles.
8. In what season do wolves live nomadic lives?
9. What did Miyax's father say someone should change when they are afraid?
(a) Their surroundings.
(b) Their actions.
(c) Their appearance.
(d) Their feelings.
10. What is Julie surprised about when the wolves come back from hunting?
(a) They are covered in blood.
(b) They brought no food.
(c) They go right to sleep.
(d) They are covered in sweat.
11. How long do pups stay in their second den?
(a) A year.
(b) A few weeks.
(c) A few days.
(d) A few months.
12. Whom does Kapu not have to listen to, as he gets older?
13. What does the female do when the pups try to nurse?
(a) Barks at them.
(b) Bites their noses.
(c) Turns over.
(d) Snaps at them.
14. What causes Kapu to look hostilely at Miyax?
(a) She goes into her tent.
(b) She stands up.
(c) She changes her clothes.
(d) She speaks human words.
15. Who challenges Miyax for the remains of the caribou?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has Julie run away from at the beginning of the book?
2. Which of the following is a bird seen on the tundra?
3. What is Julie careful never to do around the wolves?
4. Why do the wolves not hunt in the morning after Miyax stays with them?
5. What does Miyax find in the owl's nest?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)