|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Kapugen once wait for a seal to surface from the water?
(a) Eight hours.
(b) Seven hours.
(c) Five hours.
(d) Six hours.
2. What name does Julie give to the second-in-command male of the pack?
3. How far can wolves run in a single night?
(a) Seventy-five miles.
(b) One hundred miles.
(c) Twenty-five miles.
(d) Fifty miles.
4. How many knives did Julie take with her when she ran away?
5. What does Julie name the female puppy?
6. What does Miyax consider a great treat while carving the caribou?
(a) A piece of the heart.
(b) A section of entrails.
(c) A slice of liver.
(d) A slice of kidney.
7. Which wolf is left to watch the pups while the others hunt?
8. What did Julie name the smartest puppy?
9. How does Kapu show his hostile feelings for Miyax?
(a) He scrunches his nose.
(b) He narrows his eyes.
(c) He yips.
(d) He nips her hand.
10. How many entrances do normal wolf dens have?
11. How does Miyax play with the pups?
(a) Scratches their ears.
(b) Plays fetch.
12. In what season do wolves live nomadic lives?
13. What is Miyax's knife called?
14. Why does Miyax follow the owl back to its nest?
(a) She wants to steal its dinner.
(b) They usually store extra food.
(c) She could eat the droppings.
(d) She hopes to find eggs.
15. What does the female do when the pups try to nurse?
(a) Turns over.
(b) Barks at them.
(c) Bites their noses.
(d) Snaps at them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Amaroq?
2. What causes Kapu to look hostilely at Miyax?
3. How many entrances does a den have for a newborn pup?
4. What does Miyax use to mark her way back home when she goes hunting?
5. Where is Julie trying to get at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)