Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miyax want to convince Amaroq that she is?
2. How long did Kapugen once wait for a seal to surface from the water?
(a) Seven hours.
(b) Six hours.
(c) Five hours.
(d) Eight hours.
3. What does Miyax use to mark her way back home when she goes hunting?
(a) Markings in the dirt.
(b) Bits of her clothing.
(d) Rocks and grasses.
4. In what season do wolves live nomadic lives?
5. What does it mean when a wolf has his ears forward, eyes narrowed and teeth showing?
(a) Stay still.
(b) You are in trouble.
(c) Come to me.
(d) Lie down.
6. What does Miyax consider a great treat while carving the caribou?
(a) A piece of the heart.
(b) A section of entrails.
(c) A slice of liver.
(d) A slice of kidney.
7. What did Miyax's father say fear did to a man?
(a) Hardened him.
(b) Enlightened him.
(c) Crippled him.
(d) Abandoned him.
8. How long do pups stay in their second den?
(a) A few days.
(b) A few weeks.
(c) A few months.
(d) A year.
9. What name does Julie give to the second-in-command male of the pack?
10. How does Miyax play with the pups?
(a) Scratches their ears.
(d) Plays fetch.
11. What does Miyax plan to do with meat to make it lighter to carry?
(a) Cut it into strips.
(b) Freeze it.
(c) Smoke it.
(d) Boil it.
12. What does it mean if a puppy crouches low and holds his ears back?
(a) He has been naughty.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is hungry.
(d) He wants some attention.
13. What did Julie hope to live on while running away?
14. Which of the following is a bird seen on the tundra?
15. What is Julie careful never to do around the wolves?
(a) Show disrespect.
(b) Get too close.
(c) Make a sound.
(d) Stand up.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far can wolves run in a single night?
2. Whom does Kapu not have to listen to, as he gets older?
3. What does Julie do to get the approval of the pack leader?
4. Why does Miyax follow the owl back to its nest?
5. What does the leader of the pack do to show that Julie is one of the pack?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)