|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Miyax follow the owl back to its nest?
(a) She wants to steal its dinner.
(b) She could eat the droppings.
(c) She hopes to find eggs.
(d) They usually store extra food.
2. What kind of animal does Miyax see an owl catch?
3. What does Julie do to get the approval of the pack leader?
(a) Brings food to share.
(b) Pats his chin.
(c) Protects a puppy.
(d) Crawls on all fours.
4. What causes Kapu to look hostilely at Miyax?
(a) She goes into her tent.
(b) She speaks human words.
(c) She stands up.
(d) She changes her clothes.
5. Where is the plane Miyax sees heading?
6. What season is approaching when Miyax tries to get food from the wolves?
7. What does Amaroq do to find an animal to kill?
(a) Finds a slow and old one.
(b) Chases the herd and grabs the middle of the pack.
(c) Looks for the babies.
(d) Finds the largest one.
8. What is Miyax's knife called?
9. What color is Amaroq?
10. What does Miyax find in the owl's nest?
(a) A frozen sandpiper.
(b) A store of lemmings.
(d) A starving owlet.
11. What does Miyax decide to hunt for herself?
12. What does Miyax use to mark her way back home when she goes hunting?
(a) Rocks and grasses.
(b) Bits of her clothing.
(d) Markings in the dirt.
13. What does Miyax use for a noose?
(a) Her tights.
(b) Rabbit skin.
(c) Some hair.
(d) Her boots.
14. What does Miyax plan to do with meat to make it lighter to carry?
(a) Boil it.
(b) Smoke it.
(c) Freeze it.
(d) Cut it into strips.
15. Who challenges Miyax for the remains of the caribou?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT someone the wolf leaders would bring food to?
2. How many knives did Julie take with her when she ran away?
3. In what direction did the berry bushes point in Julie's village?
4. Who has Julie run away from at the beginning of the book?
5. How long did Kapugen once wait for a seal to surface from the water?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)