|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Julie's father's name?
2. How often does the animal population drop in the Arctic?
(a) Every two years.
(b) Every six years.
(c) Every eight years.
(d) Every four years.
3. What does Julie do to the weak adult to show that she is boss?
(a) Pinches his nose.
(b) Stands upright.
(c) Twists his ear.
4. Where is the plane Miyax sees heading?
5. What question does Amy always ask Julie?
(a) What have you done with the family name?
(b) Are you forgetting the old ways?
(c) Are you happy?
(d) When are you coming to San Francisco?
6. What did Julie hope to live on while running away?
7. How long can Julie survive on the food she took with her?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One month.
(d) One week.
8. Where is Julie at the beginning of the book?
(a) At sea.
(b) At the lake.
(c) On the tundra.
(d) In the village.
9. In what season do wolves live nomadic lives?
10. Who is fighting with Amaroq when Miyax returns from hunting?
11. What kind of animal does Miyax see an owl catch?
12. How does Kapu show his hostile feelings for Miyax?
(a) He yips.
(b) He scrunches his nose.
(c) He narrows his eyes.
(d) He nips her hand.
13. What name did Julie give Amaroq's mate?
14. What does Miyax find in the owl's nest?
(a) A starving owlet.
(b) A store of lemmings.
(d) A frozen sandpiper.
15. Why did Julie pack needles when she ran away from home?
(a) To draw blood.
(b) To pass time.
(c) To thin ice.
(d) To mend clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Julie give to the second-in-command male of the pack?
2. How many knives did Julie take with her when she ran away?
3. What is Julie trying to learn at the beginning of the book?
4. What does the female do when the pups try to nurse?
5. What does Kapu do when Miyax corrects what upset him?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)