|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does it mean if a puppy crouches low and holds his ears back?
(a) He has been naughty.
(b) He wants some attention.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is hungry.
2. Who is fighting with Amaroq when Miyax returns from hunting?
3. How many entrances does a den have for a newborn pup?
4. Who is Amy?
(a) Julie's pen pal.
(b) Julie's mother.
(c) Julie's aunt.
(d) Julie's sister-in-law.
5. What does Amaroq do to find an animal to kill?
(a) Finds a slow and old one.
(b) Looks for the babies.
(c) Finds the largest one.
(d) Chases the herd and grabs the middle of the pack.
6. What does Amaroq invite Miyax to do?
(a) Hunt with the pack.
(b) Sleep with the pack.
(d) Travel with the pack.
7. What did Julie name the smartest puppy?
8. What kind of meat do the wolves give Julie?
9. Which of the following is a bird seen on the tundra?
10. In what direction did the berry bushes point in Julie's village?
11. How often did the puffins fly to sea during the day in Julie's village?
(b) Four times.
(c) Three times.
12. What name did Julie give to the weakest wolf in the pack
13. What does Miyax use to mark her way back home when she goes hunting?
(b) Rocks and grasses.
(c) Markings in the dirt.
(d) Bits of her clothing.
14. What is Julie's name at the beginning of the book?
15. How long do pups stay in their second den?
(a) A few weeks.
(b) A year.
(c) A few days.
(d) A few months.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Miyax play with the pups?
2. What is Miyax's knife called?
3. How do the adult wolves feed the pups?
4. What causes Kapu to look hostilely at Miyax?
5. How many knives did Julie take with her when she ran away?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)