Part 1, "Amaroq, the Wolf," Section 1
• Julie is called Miyax at the beginning of the book. She is a thirteen-year-old girl who has run away from her husband, Daniel.
• Miyax is lost on the tundra, but knows that with her intelligence, and the wisdom her father gave her, she will survive.
• Miyax is heading to the ocean where she plans to board The North Star, a supply ship that comes every August.
• She will then head to San Francisco to live with her pen pal Amy.
• The nature signs she knew in her home village, such as berry bushes pointing south because of wind, are not valid on the tundra.
• She hoped to live on lemmings, but every four years, the lemming population dramatically drops. She is out of food.
• Julie makes friends with a wolf pack and hopes they will help her. The leader, Amaroq, his mate, Silver...
This section contains 1,871 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)