|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through XX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Julian believes that if he succeeds in taking Gaul:
(a) Constantius rewards him with land and wealth.
(b) Constantius begins to trust him.
(c) Constantius allows him to return to Athens.
(d) Constantius retires and names him as his successor.
2. Julian compares the teachings of Jesus to:
(a) The sculptures of Phidias.
(b) The philosophies of Plato and Aristotle.
(c) The poetry of Homer.
(d) The dramas of Sophacles and Euripedes.
3. Julian often interprets signs, omens and dreams:
(a) As indications that God is speaking to him.
(b) As messages from his dead father.
(c) In ways that favor him.
(d) As proof that he is divine.
4. Julian claims to support religious freedom, but he clearly favors:
(b) Worship of the Hellenic gods.
5. Helena's last conversation with Julian before her death concerns:
(a) Her regret that she does not produce a suitable heir.
(b) Her fear that Julian is killed.
(c) Repairs to the roof of her villa.
(d) Her grief over the deaths of her two children.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Julian gives orders for the army to head north, it is a sign that they are headed:
2. The oracle that Oribasius consults states that Julian is destined:
3. When Julian talks about the future with Helena in section IX, she urges him to:
4. The person Julian calls "the Galilean" is:
5. How does Julian react to Gallus' treatment of Hilarius?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)