|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through XX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Julian becomes emperor, Priscus notices a change in his temperament. Priscus describes Julian as becoming:
(a) Vain and selfish.
(b) Moody and ill-tempered.
(c) Stubborn and intransigent.
2. Julian notes that Constantius inspires all of these emotions in his subjects expect:
3. To hide his doubts about Christianity, Julian:
(a) Prays twice every day.
(b) Learns to recite scripture and bury his true feelings.
(c) Tries to convert his mistress to Christianity.
(d) Makes a pilgrimage to a monastery.
4. Julian's first indication that he becomes a great warrior and leader comes from:
(a) Mardonius, his tutor.
(b) Sosipatra, a soothsayer.
(c) Aedesius, the philosopher.
(d) Constantius Augustus.
5. Once Julian becomes Caesar, he demonstrates all these character qualities except:
Short Answer Questions
1. Oribasius eventually becomes:
2. Julian believes that if he succeeds in taking Gaul:
3. After his wife's death, Julian takes a vow:
4. After Gallus is named Caesar, Libanius goes to Gallus' home and observes:
5. Gallus tells Constantius that Julian wants to become:
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)