|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through XVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Julian's first winter in Gaul is spent:
(a) Negotiating with local warlords for food and supplies.
(b) Fighting minor skirmishes.
(c) Fighting an all-out war against the Visigoths.
(d) Building roads, bridges and tunnels for the army.
2. At one point in the Gaul campaign, Julian considers:
(a) Running away.
(b) Committing suicide.
(c) Joining with the Germans to fight Poland.
(d) Staging a coup and overthrowing Constantius.
3. In planning his battle strategy, Julian often depends on:
(a) Guerilla tactics.
(b) The advice of his generals.
(c) The element of surprise.
(d) Signs, omens and dreams.
4. After he becomes emperor, Julian again faces the threat of invasion along his borders. This time, the threat is from:
(a) Macedonian rebels.
(b) Pirates from North Africa.
(c) German invaders.
(d) Portuguese traders.
5. Julian notes that Constantius inspires all of these emotions in his subjects expect:
Short Answer Questions
1. Julian's relationship with his wife, Helena, is best described as:
2. Julian attempts to maintain positive relations with Constantius by all of the following except:
3. Constantius dies of:
4. Julian describes the people of Gaul as all of these except:
5. Julian believes that Constantius sets him up to fail in Gaul because:
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)