|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through XVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In planning his battle strategy, Julian often depends on:
(a) Guerilla tactics.
(b) The advice of his generals.
(c) The element of surprise.
(d) Signs, omens and dreams.
2. Constantius eventually grants Julian permission to:
(a) March north into Britain.
(b) Retake Gaul from the Germans.
(c) Retreat back to Rome.
(d) Lay waste to the lands of those who refuse to surrender.
3. After he becomes emperor, Julian again faces the threat of invasion along his borders. This time, the threat is from:
(a) German invaders.
(b) Pirates from North Africa.
(c) Portuguese traders.
(d) Macedonian rebels.
4. Constantius' writes instructions to Julian, which includes all of the following except:
(a) Instructions for holding dinner parties.
(b) Battle strategies.
(c) Etiquette tips.
5. It is foretold that Julian is fated to die in:
Short Answer Questions
1. Julian's first winter in Gaul is spent:
2. Julian learns that Constantius dies when a messenger addresses his as:
3. Constantius dies of:
4. Priscus says that the omens for Julian personally are:
5. At his coronation, Julian takes action that is strictly forbidden: He:
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)