Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Third, At Melchester: Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What impressive feat does Jude do at a bar to impress his fellow masons?
(a) Recite Shakespeare from memory.
(b) Show his amazing math skills.
(c) List off the alphabets of 10 languages.
(d) Recite the Creed in Latin.
2. Where do Sue and Jude walk during their first meeting?
(a) To the town bakery for croissants.
(b) To Mr. Phillotson's house.
(c) To one of the beautiful colleges in town.
(d) To the church they grew up at.
3. Why does Sue ask Jude to move to Melchester?
(a) So he can be nearer to her.
(b) So he can protect her from Mr. Phillotson.
(c) So he will have somewhere other than his aunt's house to live.
(d) So he can be nearer to his children.
4. Where does Sue end up moving shortly after meeting Jude?
5. What person do Jude and Sue realize they both know?
(a) Mr. Phillotson.
(b) Hilda, the town baker.
(c) The priest at the church -- he was a childhood friend.
(d) Aaron, the stonemason.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the final thing that pushed Jude to go to Christminster?
2. What does Jude's aunt tell him about Sue during his first visit to see her after he moves to Christminster?
3. Who does Arabella go to in order to see if she is really pregnant or not?
4. Why does Jude go visit his aunt for the first time after he moves to Christminster?
5. From whom does Jude learn Arabella's secret about the pregnancy?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)