|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Second, At Christminster: Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jude arrange to meet Sue for the first time?
(a) In a public place.
(b) At his house.
(c) In the cemetary.
(d) At church.
2. What kind of job does Sue have when Jude finds her?
(a) She makes religious art.
(b) She is a baker.
(c) She is a model for the town's artists.
(d) She is a schoolteacher.
3. What person do Jude and Sue realize they both know?
(a) The priest at the church -- he was a childhood friend.
(b) Aaron, the stonemason.
(c) Mr. Phillotson.
(d) Hilda, the town baker.
4. Where does Jude see Sue for the second time?
(a) In the shipyard.
(b) In the ballyard.
(c) In the stoneyard.
(d) In the graveyard.
5. What prevents Jude from enrolling in one of Christminster's schools when he first arrives?
(a) He needs to put his application together.
(b) Classes don't start until the fall.
(c) He has no money for it.
(d) He has to take one more elective.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jude go after his first main fight with Arabella?
2. Which word best describes how Jude feels toward Sue during the first days he observes her?
3. What wicked way does Arabella plan to make Jude marry her?
4. What does Sue do with the statues that she buys?
5. By the end of Part I, what impression is left with the reader about Arabella's moral character?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)