Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Fifth, At Aldbrickham and Elsewhere: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Phillotson finally relent and agree to let Sue go live with Jude?
(a) He is tired of hearing her cry at night.
(b) He thinks it is the moral thing to do.
(c) He has a secret plan to get even with them later.
(d) He simply has no more patience.
2. What does Mr. Phillotson do when he hears of Sue's troubles back at Melchester?
(a) Ignores it.
(b) Orders Sue to return home at once.
(c) Decides never to talk to Sue again.
(d) Goes to the town and seeks out Jude.
3. What does Jude suggest he and Sue do when they learn their divorces have gone through?
(a) Go out to dinner.
(b) Throw a party.
(c) Have a baby.
(d) Get married.
4. Where does Jude unexpectedly run into Arabella?
(a) She is at his aunt's house.
(b) The side of the road.
(c) A tavern.
(d) She just shows up at his job one day.
5. What season is it when Arabella sees Sue and little Jude in Kennetbridge?
Short Answer Questions
1. What relationship do Sue and Mr. Phillotson have at first?
2. What does Jude confess to Sue after the funeral of Jude's aunt?
3. How long after his marriage to Arabella does Jude finally arrive in Christminster?
4. What is Jude unable to do before his aunt dies?
5. Why does Jude not approach Sue when he first sees her?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)