Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Third, At Melchester: Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sue let Jude know that she knows he loves her?
(a) Through a messenger.
(b) In a phone call.
(c) In a letter.
(d) In person.
2. Why do Sue and Jude not make it back to Christminster after a trip to a museum in a nearby town?
(a) Because Sue breaks her ankle.
(b) Because they miss the last train.
(c) Because they decide to elope.
(d) Because Jude gets too drunk to know the way home.
3. What does Sue's school suggest she and Jude do after their overnight outing?
(a) Serve a role models against misogyny.
(b) Get married to stop the controversy.
(c) Write a book about what happened afterward.
(d) Never show their face in town.
4. When do Jude and Sue return to Melchester after their trip out of town to see a museum?
(b) One week later.
(c) One month later.
(d) The very next day.
5. Why does Sue ask Jude to move to Melchester?
(a) So he can be nearer to her.
(b) So he can be nearer to his children.
(c) So he can protect her from Mr. Phillotson.
(d) So he will have somewhere other than his aunt's house to live.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prevents Jude from enrolling in one of Christminster's schools when he first arrives?
2. Why did Sue come to live in Christminster in the first place?
3. Where does Jude go after his first main fight with Arabella?
4. How do the students respond to Sue's punishment for her absence from the school?
5. What does Arabella do with all of the things Jude gives her after she leaves him?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)