|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was taking a toll on Edith?
(a) The strain of keeping up the house.
(b) The fanmail.
(c) The weather.
(d) Her children.
2. What grave mistake did Stanley Unwin make?
(a) He teased Tolkien.
(b) He ignored Tolkien.
(c) He did not tell Tolkien of his son's idea.
(d) He sent a copy of his son's letter to Tolkien
3. What happened to Tolkien in 1973?
(a) He caught a chest infection.
(b) He had a heart attack.
(c) He caught a fever.
(d) He contracted cancer.
4. When did Tolkien finish the manuscript?
5. What type of comments did Tolkien make to Stanley Unwin?
(a) Those that he felt would deter Unwin from publishing the book.
(b) Those that he felt would encourage Unwin to publish both books.
(c) Those that he felt would anger Unwin.
(d) Those that he felt would embarrass Unwin.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Edith died, to where did Tolkien move?
2. The war hit in what year?
3. The story of THE HOBBIT was written for what purpose?
4. Edith was expected to have what, regarding her illness?
5. Michael attended Trinity College, and went on to become what?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)