Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the time drew near for the book to be published of what was Tolkien afraid?
(a) His friends.
(b) The critics' reaction.
(c) His publisher.
(d) His book.
2. Who often retired to Bournemouth?
(a) Many elderly Danish couples.
(b) Many elderly French couples.
(c) Many elderly American couples.
(d) Many elderly British couples.
3. What did the Tolkiens hope would give them some relief from the almost constant and intolerable flow of visitors, mail, and gifts that were always present in Headington?
(a) Their new, unpublicized, address.
(b) The quiet town life.
(c) The lack of neighbors.
(d) The sea air.
4. Why did Tolkien's relationship with Lewis deteriorate further?
(a) When Lewis mocked him.
(b) When Lewis insulted him.
(c) When Lewis moved away.
(d) When Lewis married Joy Davidson.
5. How old was Tolkien by the time THE LORD OF THE RINGS was completed?
(a) Almost 60 years old.
(b) Almost 50 years old.
(c) Almost 70 years old.
(d) Almost 40 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1971, Edith was taken to the hospital with what?
2. Why was Bournemouth a strange choice for holidays?
3. From what did Tolkien's depression prevent him?
4. What type of comments did Tolkien make to Stanley Unwin?
5. People began to call when?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)