|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where did the Tolkiens move?
(a) New York.
2. The money began pouring in and soon Tolkien was worried about what?
(a) Having crazy fans.
(b) Being robbed.
(c) Having to pay an exorbitant amount in taxes.
(d) Having to move into a larger home.
3. The battle with the publishing company made Tolkien and his work what?
(c) Overnight sensations.
4. Ever since THE SILMARILLION was rejected in 1937 Tolkien was desperate to do what?
(a) Have it published.
(b) Find it.
(c) Forget he wrote it.
(d) Rework it.
5. Several years of delays and mishaps occurred until in ________ when Tolkien gave up on Collins and went back to Allen and Unwin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did this critic respond to Tolkien's work?
2. What grave mistake did Stanley Unwin make?
3. Rayner said that because Tolkien was not willing to do any editing or split the books into several volumes, Unwin should do what?
4. There were many requests for Tolkien to be a professor __________.
5. In 1952, Rayner Unwin proposed a new deal to Tolkien for THE LORD OF THE RINGS. What was this deal?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)