Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Tolkien's relationship with Lewis deteriorate further?
(a) When Lewis moved away.
(b) When Lewis insulted him.
(c) When Lewis mocked him.
(d) When Lewis married Joy Davidson.
2. The review praised the work which was what?
(a) A disaster.
(b) A nuisance.
(c) A blessing.
(d) A mixed blessing.
3. When did Edith Bratt Tolkien die?
(a) November 29, 1981.
(b) November 29, 1971.
(c) November 29, 1975.
(d) November 29, 1969.
4. The story of THE HOBBIT was written for what purpose?
(a) For Edith.
(b) Tolkien's own amusement.
(c) As a part of Tolkien's great mythology.
(d) For his mother.
5. What did Tolkien and Stanley Unwin think of each other?
(a) They were very similar.
(b) The other was quite strange.
(c) The other was insane.
(d) The other was rude.
Short Answer Questions
1. John moved to Rome to do what?
2. As the time drew near for the book to be published of what was Tolkien afraid?
3. What did this infection do to Tolkien?
4. Tolkien was unhappy about splitting the work into three volumes and insisted on what?
5. When did Tolkien finish the manuscript?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)