|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when Tolkien's fans rose up against this company?
(a) The company filed bankruptcy.
(b) The company paid Unwin.
(c) The company gave all the unsold books to Tolkien.
(d) The infringement ended up being a blessing in disguise.
2. As Tolkien was recovering from trench fever, Christopher Wiseman wrote and told his friend that it was time to start what?
(a) Writing short stories.
(b) Writing a small book.
(c) Writing the epic.
(d) Writing poetry.
3. The important thing for Tolkien was to be able to create a remote and strange land while adhering to what?
(a) Society's rules.
(b) His mother's beliefs.
(c) Other's beliefs.
(d) His beliefs.
4. People began to call when?
(a) In the morning.
(b) When he was in meetings.
(c) At all hours of the day and night.
(d) At night.
5. There were many requests for Tolkien to be a professor __________.
(c) of English.
(d) of Honor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Stanley Unwin surprise Tolkien?
2. What happens in 1895 when Mabel and the boys return to England for a visit?
3. Carpenter refers to Bournemouth as being the anemic English equivalent to what?
4. While in service Tolkien received a letter from his friend, G. B. Smith, stating that who had been killed?
5. Why does the couple move into the Bank House?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)