|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The delay in Tolkien's next installment of books could be blamed in part on what?
(a) The war.
(b) His family concerns.
(c) His ill health.
(d) The man's perfectionism.
2. In 1972, Tolkien was awarded what?
(a) An honorary Doctorate in Medicine.
(b) An honorary Doctorate of Letters.
(c) An honorary Doctorate of the Arts.
(d) An honorary Doctorate of Music.
3. Some of the pressure was relieved when Ronald received a scholarship titled the "Open Classical Exhibition" to where?
(c) Xavier College.
(d) Exeter College.
4. In addition to returning to his great English mythology, Tolkien was also the recipient of what?
(a) New writing assignments.
(b) A great number of awards.
(c) Many new friends.
(d) Great wealth.
5. How did this critic respond to Tolkien's work?
(a) With both criticism and accolades.
(b) With much criticism.
(c) There was no response.
(d) With many accolades.
Short Answer Questions
1. The second language was Sindarin, which was reminiscent of _________, Tolkien's second favorite language.
2. Michael attended Trinity College, and went on to become what?
3. North Oxford had become a community of academics, their wives, and families who lived where?
4. Until the late 1800s, at what university were most of the college fellows required to take holy vows and not permitted to marry?
5. What was the place Tolkien had always considered to be his true home?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)