|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eventually the group changed its name to the "Barrovian Society" but often referred to it as what?
2. What will Mabel do about housing?
(a) She will stay with her in-laws.
(b) She will look for an inexpensive house to rent.
(c) She will stay with a friend.
(d) She will buy a home.
3. In many ways, Bilbo Baggins is who?
(a) T.S. Eliot.
(b) P.T. Barnum.
(c) C.S. Lewis.
(d) J.R.R. Tolkien.
4. This company eventually apologized to Tolkien and offered to do what?
(a) Collect all the books they had sold.
(b) Pay a fine.
(c) Give him their extra copies.
(d) Pay him royalties on volumes sold.
5. For what was Tolkien known, regarding his personality?
(a) Having a good sense of humor.
(b) Being shy and quiet.
(c) Being serious.
(d) Having no sense of humor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ronald spent his final year at King Edward's deeply involved in what?
2. Together Gordon and Tolkien formed what?
3. How did Unwin respond when Tolkien offered him an ultimatum?
4. Michael attended Trinity College, and went on to become what?
5. Tolkien was fortunate to survive what he referred to as what?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)