|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For the next couple of years why did Edith travel?
(a) To be away from home.
(b) To explore the world.
(c) To be with Ronald.
(d) To have some freedom.
2. Tolkien jumped into his studies and was thrilled when he had the opportunity to do what?
(a) Meet Edith.
(b) Meet C.S. Lewis.
(c) Meet Father Francis for dinner.
(d) Meet Joseph Wright, a Professor of Comparative Philology.
3. Several years of delays and mishaps occurred until in ________ when Tolkien gave up on Collins and went back to Allen and Unwin.
4. Tolkien began to find that people were confusing what?
(a) The work with other works.
(b) This fantasy world with their own.
(c) The man with the work.
(d) The man with other authors.
5. The battle with the publishing company made Tolkien and his work what?
(d) Overnight sensations.
Short Answer Questions
1. One notable aspect of the photos is what?
2. Until the late 1800s, at what university were most of the college fellows required to take holy vows and not permitted to marry?
3. Bilbo Baggins is the son of who?
4. What other plan of Tolkien's also had to be put aside?
5. Tolkien wrote to Stanley Unwin to tell him what?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)