|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mabel think of Bloemfontein?
(a) She is not fond of it.
(b) She loves it.
(c) She does not think anything of it.
(d) She is afraid of it.
2. Meanwhile Mabel and the boys would live where?
(a) With her parents.
(b) In an inexpensive rental.
(c) With friends.
(d) With her in-laws.
3. In 1891 Mabel Suffield leaves her family in Birmingham to travel where?
(a) To South America.
(b) To South Vietnam.
(c) To South Africa.
(d) To South Korea.
4. Additionally, Tolkien wanted to create an English mythology like that of the Norse or Finnish cultures using the same intense feeling he put into what?
(a) His early poetry.
(b) His early plays.
(c) His early songs.
(d) His early operas.
5. In 1917, Edith gave birth to a baby boy, John Francis Reuel; the name Francis as a tribute to whom?
(a) Father Francis Morgan.
(b) Her father.
(c) Tolkien's grandfather.
(d) Her grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tolkien began to pay the most attention to what as opposed to the story itself?
2. How did this critic respond to Tolkien's work?
3. What is one of the many strange disturbances in the house at Bloemfontein?
4. As Tolkien was recovering from trench fever, Christopher Wiseman wrote and told his friend that it was time to start what?
5. Why did Edith and her cousin Jennie Grove move back to Cheltenham?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)