|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose words inspired Tolkien to write his great epic work?
(a) G.B. Smith's words.
(b) C.S. Lewis' words.
(c) T.S. Elliot's words.
(d) Hilary's words.
2. Who introduced "non-clerical fellowships" that effectively eliminated a vow of celibacy?
(a) The Tolkiens.
(b) A group of Americans.
(c) A group of reformers .
(d) A group of radical Catholics.
3. As Tolkien was recovering from trench fever, Christopher Wiseman wrote and told his friend that it was time to start what?
(a) Writing a small book.
(b) Writing poetry.
(c) Writing short stories.
(d) Writing the epic.
4. In 1922, Tolkien was appointed to the position of Professorship of the English Language. What is unique about this position?
(a) It is not a real position.
(b) It is the oldest position.
(c) It was created especially for Tolkien.
(d) It was created for Tolkien's predecessor.
5. Ronald returned to his studies only to find that he had fallen behind and had to cram six weeks of work into a short period of time in order to complete the course. In what place did he come?
Short Answer Questions
1. Father Francis was still angry with Ronald for what?
2. What was the sole purpose of this club?
3. What will Mabel do about housing?
4. The war hit in what year?
5. At the Oratory, who does Mabel Tolkien meet?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)