|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Regardless of how The Hobbit is viewed, it was intended to be what?
(a) An epic.
(b) A scary story.
(c) A funny story.
(d) A children's story.
2. Ronald returned to his studies only to find that he had fallen behind and had to cram six weeks of work into a short period of time in order to complete the course. In what place did he come?
3. To Tolkien, this death represented what?
(a) The end of his life.
(b) The end of an era.
(c) The end of the world.
(d) The beginning of an era.
4. Ronald and Edith return from their honeymoon, and Ronald receives his first rejection letter for what?
(a) A play.
(c) A novel.
(d) A myth.
5. Where did Priscilla remain?
(a) In a hospital.
(b) At home.
(c) In the States.
(d) At school.
Short Answer Questions
1. The woman took the typescript, read it and then did what with it?
2. Tolkien replied that he felt the club they had created had come to an end. What is Smith's reply?
3. St. Philip's is not the best school for the boys and eventually Ronald wins a scholarship to where?
4. In writing THE LORD OF THE RINGS Tolkien became frustrated and did not know what?
5. Why does Mabel travel here?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)