|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the many strange disturbances in the house at Bloemfontein?
(a) Monkeys climbing over the wall.
(b) The home is silent.
(c) Earthquakes occur.
(d) New hired help is brought in daily.
2. When did Tolkien finish the manuscript?
3. Ronald was stricken with what the doctors referred to as what?
(a) "Trench disease."
(b) "A fever of unknown origin."
(c) "Pyrexia of unknown origin."
(d) "Trench fever."
4. Many people question how Tolkien could create a mythology without a clear presence of ________ considering his devout Catholic faith.
5. What does Mabel decide to do about her children's education?
(a) She pays for them to attend the most expensive school in the country.
(b) She sends them to a neighbor for tutoring.
(c) She ends it.
(d) She will homeschool them.
Short Answer Questions
1. It was also important that the work did not become what?
2. For the next couple of years why did Edith travel?
3. Father Francis was still angry with Ronald for what?
4. Until the late 1800s, at what university were most of the college fellows required to take holy vows and not permitted to marry?
5. Carpenter points out that in every photograph the situation and location seemed to be what?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)