|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parts 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Father Francis permit Tolkien to write to Edith?
(a) On her birthday.
(b) On Easter.
(c) On his birthday.
(d) On Christmas.
2. Whose words inspired Tolkien to write his great epic work?
(a) G.B. Smith's words.
(b) Hilary's words.
(c) C.S. Lewis' words.
(d) T.S. Elliot's words.
3. Tolkien replied that he felt the club they had created had come to an end. What is Smith's reply?
(a) The T.C.C.C. would never end.
(b) The T.C.B.S. would never end.
(c) The N.C.A.A. had ended.
(d) The T.C.B.Y had ended.
4. Some also believe that Mabel's death encouraged Tolkien to do what?
(a) Stay in school.
(b) Become a Catholic.
(c) Marry Edith.
(d) Expand his study of various languages.
5. Ronald returned to his studies only to find that he had fallen behind and had to cram six weeks of work into a short period of time in order to complete the course. In what place did he come?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has been converted into an office?
2. For the next couple of years why did Edith travel?
3. Part one relays details of what?
4. Tolkien and Lewis both indulged in wearing what type of clothing?
5. Carpenter believes that Tolkien may have substituted his mother with what?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)