|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parts 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tolkien is in the process of working on what?
(a) A sequel to THE LORD OF THE RINGS.
(b) A movie.
(c) A contradiction that appears in THE LORD OF THE RINGS.
(d) A new book.
2. Tolkien jumped into his studies and was thrilled when he had the opportunity to do what?
(a) Meet Father Francis for dinner.
(b) Meet Joseph Wright, a Professor of Comparative Philology.
(c) Meet Edith.
(d) Meet C.S. Lewis.
3. Chapter 7, titled "War," takes place during the summer of _________, after England declared war on Germany.
4. As Ronald and Edith's wedding drew nearer, what became a concern?
(a) The subject of where they would live.
(b) The subject of children.
(c) The subject of where the wedding would be held.
(d) The subject of religion.
5. What will Mabel do about housing?
(a) She will stay with a friend.
(b) She will stay with her in-laws.
(c) She will buy a home.
(d) She will look for an inexpensive house to rent.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1891 Mabel Suffield leaves her family in Birmingham to travel where?
2. Carpenter meets Edith. How does he describe her?
3. Father Francis was still angry with Ronald for what?
4. Ronald returned to his studies only to find that he had fallen behind and had to cram six weeks of work into a short period of time in order to complete the course. In what place did he come?
5. At this point Carpenter introduces __________, a friend of Tolkien's and popular lecturer on medieval studies.
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)