|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parts 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tolkien was fortunate to survive what he referred to as what?
(a) "Silly warfare."
(b) "Trench warfare."
(c) "Unreasonable warfare."
(d) "Rediculous warfare."
2. Tolkien began writing what he referred to as "The Book of Lost Tales." The first story would eventually become what?
3. Until the late 1800s, at what university were most of the college fellows required to take holy vows and not permitted to marry?
4. Ronald was stricken with what the doctors referred to as what?
(a) "Trench disease."
(b) "A fever of unknown origin."
(c) "Pyrexia of unknown origin."
(d) "Trench fever."
5. What was Ronald's group of friends and fellow students unofficially named?
(a) The "Authors' Club."
(b) The "Tea Club."
(c) The "Literature Club."
(d) The "Boys' Club."
Short Answer Questions
1. Many people question how Tolkien could create a mythology without a clear presence of ________ considering his devout Catholic faith.
2. Why does the couple move into the Bank House?
3. North Oxford had become a community of academics, their wives, and families who lived where?
4. What is one of the many strange disturbances in the house at Bloemfontein?
5. In 1920, Ronald applied for a job at the University of Leeds as what?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)