|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Carpenter believes that Tolkien may have substituted his mother with what?
(a) His love for Edith.
(b) His friends.
(c) His faith in the Catholic Church.
(d) His writing.
2. Why is the trip to England postponed?
(a) Arthur loses his job.
(b) Mabel becomes ill.
(c) There is a horrible storm.
(d) Mabel becomes pregnant.
3. St. Philip's is not the best school for the boys and eventually Ronald wins a scholarship to where?
(a) King Harry's school.
(b) King Edward's school.
(c) King William's school.
(d) King Phillip's school.
4. The small sum of money that had been invested by Arthur would only bring an income of ___________________ per week, an amount that is barely enough to sustain the family at the poverty level.
(a) 30 shillings.
(b) 30 pounds.
(c) 50 pounds.
(d) 50 shillings.
5. Why does Mabel have to be hospitalized?
(a) She will need to receive treatment.
(b) She is very contagious.
(c) There is no one to care for her at home.
(d) There is no treatment for Diabetes at this time.
Short Answer Questions
1. It was during this time that Tolkien started to do what?
2. In the spring of 1904 Mabel is diagnosed with what?
3. Why does Mabel travel here?
4. Ronald was adamant that Edith become what?
5. What does Mabel think of Bloemfontein?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)