|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Father Francis was still angry with Ronald for what?
(a) Skipping school.
(b) Leaving King Edward's school.
(c) Deceiving him regarding the relationship of Edith.
(d) Getting married.
2. In January 1913, Ronald Tolkien turned 21 and was thrilled that he could finally do what?
(a) Graduate from college.
(b) Be reunited with Edith.
(c) Drive a car.
(d) Visit his brother.
3. Tolkien is in the process of working on what?
(a) A sequel to THE LORD OF THE RINGS.
(b) A contradiction that appears in THE LORD OF THE RINGS.
(c) A movie.
(d) A new book.
4. Why is the baby named John?
(a) After a friend of the family.
(b) After his grandfather.
(c) After his father.
(d) After his uncle.
5. What was Ronald's group of friends and fellow students unofficially named?
(a) The "Authors' Club."
(b) The "Literature Club."
(c) The "Boys' Club."
(d) The "Tea Club."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the many strange disturbances in the house at Bloemfontein?
2. The small sum of money that had been invested by Arthur would only bring an income of ___________________ per week, an amount that is barely enough to sustain the family at the poverty level.
3. Did Father Francis accept the news of the engagement?
4. Part one relays details of what?
5. Why was Ronald eager to please Father Francis?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)