|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Part 2, Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mabel feel when Arthur tells his father that he cannot see returning to England on a permanent basis?
2. What will Mabel do about housing?
(a) She will stay with her in-laws.
(b) She will buy a home.
(c) She will stay with a friend.
(d) She will look for an inexpensive house to rent.
3. Mabel notices that Ronald is a bright student who is interested in what?
4. In 1891 Mabel Suffield leaves her family in Birmingham to travel where?
(a) To South Africa.
(b) To South Vietnam.
(c) To South America.
(d) To South Korea.
5. Carpenter meets Edith. How does he describe her?
(a) Very depressed and rude.
(b) Very odd and unusual.
(c) Very quiet and shy.
(d) Very petite and pleasant.
Short Answer Questions
1. In November, Mabel falls into what and dies?
2. What does Mabel think of Bloemfontein?
3. St. Philip's is not the best school for the boys and eventually Ronald wins a scholarship to where?
4. Some also believe that Mabel's death encouraged Tolkien to do what?
5. What does Mabel decide to do about her children's education?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)