|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ronald was stricken with what the doctors referred to as what?
(a) "Pyrexia of unknown origin."
(b) "Trench disease."
(c) "A fever of unknown origin."
(d) "Trench fever."
2. Michael attended Trinity College, and went on to become what?
(a) A member of Parliament.
(b) An anti-aircraft gunner.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A professor.
3. As Tolkien was recovering from trench fever, Christopher Wiseman wrote and told his friend that it was time to start what?
(a) Writing a small book.
(b) Writing short stories.
(c) Writing the epic.
(d) Writing poetry.
4. Some also believe that Mabel's death encouraged Tolkien to do what?
(a) Stay in school.
(b) Become a Catholic.
(c) Expand his study of various languages.
(d) Marry Edith.
5. It was frustrating for the publishers to see Tolkien focused on every minute detail rather than what?
(a) Focusing on individual characters.
(b) Working on the book as a whole.
(c) Focusing on the plot.
(d) Working on character development.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ronald received medical care, but never got any better. What happened next?
2. Ronald and Edith return from their honeymoon, and Ronald receives his first rejection letter for what?
3. The first book review was written by whom?
4. After reading through Tolkien's completed manuscripts, what did Unwin do?
5. The war hit in what year?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)