|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Michael attended Trinity College, and went on to become what?
(a) A professor.
(b) A member of Parliament.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) An anti-aircraft gunner.
2. How does Ronald feel the moment he sets foot on campus?
(a) He is very nervous and unsure.
(b) He knows the college was bound to be his real home.
(c) He is unhappy and depressed.
(d) He misses King Edward's school.
3. The review praised the work which was what?
(a) A disaster.
(b) A blessing.
(c) A nuisance.
(d) A mixed blessing.
4. How does Tolkien talk about the series?
(a) As if it is historical fact and not his own creation.
(b) As if it were absurd.
(c) As if it was never written.
(d) As if it were an embarrassment.
5. What happens in 1895 when Mabel and the boys return to England for a visit?
(a) Mabel Tolkien's health begins to fail.
(b) Arthur Tolkien's health begins to fail.
(c) Mabel Tolkien says she is not leaving England.
(d) Arthur Tolkien says they can stay.
Short Answer Questions
1. Members of Exeter College saw great promise in the student and suggested that Ronald become what?
2. The battle with the publishing company made Tolkien and his work what?
3. What type of comments did Tolkien make to Stanley Unwin?
4. What has been converted into an office?
5. For the next couple of years why did Edith travel?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)