|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Michael attended Trinity College, and went on to become what?
(a) A professor.
(b) A member of Parliament.
(c) An anti-aircraft gunner.
(d) A lawyer.
2. In January 1913, Ronald Tolkien turned 21 and was thrilled that he could finally do what?
(a) Graduate from college.
(b) Be reunited with Edith.
(c) Drive a car.
(d) Visit his brother.
3. What grave mistake did Stanley Unwin make?
(a) He sent a copy of his son's letter to Tolkien
(b) He did not tell Tolkien of his son's idea.
(c) He ignored Tolkien.
(d) He teased Tolkien.
4. Some also believe that Mabel's death encouraged Tolkien to do what?
(a) Become a Catholic.
(b) Expand his study of various languages.
(c) Stay in school.
(d) Marry Edith.
5. What has been converted into an office?
(a) The bedroom.
(b) The basement.
(c) The porch.
(d) The garage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mabel notices that Ronald is a bright student who is interested in what?
2. Why was Ronald eager to please Father Francis?
3. For what was Tolkien known, regarding his personality?
4. As Ronald and Edith's wedding drew nearer, what became a concern?
5. Ronald received medical care, but never got any better. What happened next?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)