Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The grandmother admits that she ______________________________-.
2. Lindo is disappointed that she could not __________________________________.
3. Ying-Ying thinks that if she cuts her spirit loose, ______________________________________.
4. An-Mei's mother was not always a fourth wife, but was once a _______________________.
5. Old Mr. Chou is ___________________________________.
The four Chinese women who become friends in America meet in a Chinese Baptist church, which they were attending for practical reasons. What possible connections could Christianity have to their earlier religious beliefs in China? Did they all eventually accept Christianity over their old religion?
Suyuan Woo made the decision to leave her two small babies at the side of the road out of pure desperation, hoping that someone would find them and care for them, since she could not. She spent her adult life trying to find her lost daughters. Write a persuasive essay about the pros and cons of adoption and take a position. Don't forget to comment on laws that prevent or allow biological parents and children to contact one another.
The older Chinese women in this story experienced certain aspects of severe female oppression while in China. At the heart of this story is the message of how our own past is imprinted on our children, regardless of how different their lives are. Write an essay about how the experiences of each of the older Chinese women in the story purposely, or inadvertently, passed on certain attitudes and viewpoints about women and their roles to their American daughters. Discuss the impact on their daughters, as well.
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)