Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The grandmother admits that she ______________________________-.
2. Lindo is disappointed that she could not __________________________________.
3. Ying-Ying thinks that if she cuts her spirit loose, ______________________________________.
4. An-Mei's mother was not always a fourth wife, but was once a _______________________.
5. Old Mr. Chou is ___________________________________.
Write a small, authentic Chinese cookbook, complete with recipes using some of the odd and unusual ingredients used in Chinese cooking. Note the creativity used in Chinese recipes, the origins of which were used out of necessity and to make use of what was available. No microwave recipes allowed!
The older Chinese women in this story experienced certain aspects of severe female oppression while in China. At the heart of this story is the message of how our own past is imprinted on our children, regardless of how different their lives are. Write an essay about how the experiences of each of the older Chinese women in the story purposely, or inadvertently, passed on certain attitudes and viewpoints about women and their roles to their American daughters. Discuss the impact on their daughters, as well.
The Moon Festival is a very important Chinese holiday. Research this holiday and write an essay on what it means, how it is celebrated, the food, the rituals, the time of year and all the implications of the Moon Festival. Finally, determine whether Americans celebrate anything similar. If so, compare and contrast the two.
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)