Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The grandmother admits that she ______________________________-.
2. Lindo is disappointed that she could not __________________________________.
3. Ying-Ying thinks that if she cuts her spirit loose, ______________________________________.
4. An-Mei's mother was not always a fourth wife, but was once a _______________________.
5. Old Mr. Chou is ___________________________________.
Essay Topic 1
Gold, as a medium of exchange, has been highly valued for centuries. Do some research on gold and write an essay on the early origins of its use, why it retains its value, and how it is used today. Form your own opinions as to the future of the value of gold, and give your reasons for your opinions.
Essay Topic 2
Many Chinese people settled in San Francisco during the 1800s. What was it about San Francisco that drew them during that particular period of time? Write an essay and describe the impetus for coming to California. Did the Chinese generally stay and make homes here? Were they readily accepted in the U.S. What were their particular challenges here?
Essay Topic 3
Write a history of the game of Mah Jong, and provide a general description of how the game is played. Is it still a popular custom with the Chinese? What other games can it be compared to? Is it a game of concentration and focus, or simple entertainment and chance?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)