|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. An-Mei's mother told her a story of a tear-eating __________________.
(b) Little pond
(d) Bird of joy
2. Ying-Ying feels that her daughter's home _________________________.
(a) Is too fancy
(b) Has no life in it
(c) Is cold and unfriendly
(d) Is boring and dull
3. Lindo is disappointed that she could not __________________________________.
(a) Get her daughter to give up American ways
(b) Instill Chinese character in her daughter
(c) Teach her daughter how to better speak Chinese
(d) Teach her daughter to do things the easy way
4. Suyuan Woo feels that by wearing the jade pendant, Jing-mei will _____________________________.
(a) Find a good relationship
(b) Have stronger self-esteem
(c) Be a good daughter
(d) Understand her life's importance
5. Rich Schields makes several mistakes at dinner, the worst being ___________________________________.
(a) He drinks too much wine
(b) He spills food
(c) He accidentally insults Lindo's cooking
(d) He brings wine to people who do not own wineglasses
Short Answer Questions
1. Ying-Ying's name means _____________________.
2. Rose finds the imagery of Ted doing monkey business __________________.
3. Jing-Mei's paternal aunt and her father speak ____________________.
4. During an epidemic in Shanghai, Ying-Ying worked in ____________________.
5. Jing-Mei Woo travels to China with ____________________-.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)