|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. An-Mei's mother told her a story of a tear-eating __________________.
(a) Little pond
(b) Bird of joy
2. Rose Hu's confession that her marriage is ending prompts An-Mei to __________________________________-.
(a) Compare her to her aunt
(b) Become depressed, as she was in childhood
(c) Relive the memories of her childhood
(d) Beg Rose to not lose hope
3. The mother has purchased a new mirror at _______________________.
(a) The Price Club
(b) Dollar Store
(c) Twice Used Store
4. Rich Schields makes several mistakes at dinner, the worst being ___________________________________.
(a) He accidentally insults Lindo's cooking
(b) He brings wine to people who do not own wineglasses
(c) He spills food
(d) He drinks too much wine
5. The vase that breaks in the bedroom symbolizes _____________________________.
(a) The separation of two halves
(b) Harold's insensitivity
(c) Lena and Harold's marriage
(d) Lena's mother's prophecy
Short Answer Questions
1. An-Mei's mother makes life in Tientsin sound __________________________________.
2. The grandmother wonders aloud whether ____________________________________________.
3. Why will a second mirror help the daughter?
4. Waverly has an ignorant fear of Jing-mei's hairdresser _______________________________.
5. Lindo's oldest son, Winston, ___________________________.
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)