|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The grandmother asks the baby to teach her mother how to lose innocence, without losing hope, and _________________________-.
(a) How to be Queen of the Western Skis
(b) How to be a good mother
(c) How to forgive everyone
(d) How to laugh forever
2. Rose being "without wood" symbolizes ________________________.
(a) Her lack of a home
(c) Her weak nature
(d) Her lack of furniture
3. The pastor, Wing, was a __________________________-.
(a) A longtime friend of Rose's mother
(b) Childhood friend of Rose's brother
(c) A convicted criminal
(d) A childhood friend of Ted's
4. The grandmother admits that she ______________________________-.
(a) Taught her daughter to be free
(b) Taught her daughter to shed her innocence
(c) Knows she will live forever
(d) Taught her daughter to be suspicious
5. The characters in this parable are ______________________________.
(a) June Woo and her mother
(b) Waverly and her mother
(c) Not yet known to the reader
(d) Rose and her mother
Short Answer Questions
1. Lindo is ashamed that Waverly _________________________.
2. During the war, it was not well-known that the Japanese entered ________________________.
3. Lindo is disappointed that she could not __________________________________.
4. Old Mr. Chou is ___________________________________.
5. Lindo's oldest son, Winston, ___________________________.
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)