|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The grandmother admits that she ______________________________-.
(a) Taught her daughter to shed her innocence
(b) Taught her daughter to be free
(c) Knows she will live forever
(d) Taught her daughter to be suspicious
2. Lindo is disappointed that she could not __________________________________.
(a) Teach her daughter how to better speak Chinese
(b) Teach her daughter to do things the easy way
(c) Get her daughter to give up American ways
(d) Instill Chinese character in her daughter
3. Ying-Ying thinks that if she cuts her spirit loose, ______________________________________.
(a) Her pain will will meld and become one with her daughter's
(b) Her mistakes will all be forgiven
(c) She will atone for her daughter's sins
(d) Her tiger nature will enter her daughter
4. An-Mei's mother was not always a fourth wife, but was once a _______________________.
(a) Model in Tientsin
(b) First wife of a poor servant
(c) First wife of a scholar
(d) Second wife of a villager
5. Old Mr. Chou is ___________________________________.
(a) A neighbor who tends Rose's garden
(b) A Chinese fortune teller
(c) A fantasy figure from the world of sleep
(d) An old friend of An-Mei's
Short Answer Questions
1. For dinner, Jing-mei and Canning share with his relatives ____________________________.
2. Ying-Ying feels that her daughter's home _________________________.
3. Jing-Mei's paternal aunt and her father speak ____________________.
4. Three days of sleeping may have given Rose _________________.
5. An-Mei's brother cannot come with their mother because _______________________________.
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)