|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Lindo Jong, "Double Face".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. An-Mei lives in the house owned by ___________________________.
(a) Her mother's husband
(b) Her grandmother
(c) Her uncle and aunt
(d) Her grandfather
2. Clifford St. Clair's gifts to Ying-Ying were ___________________________.
(a) Ridiculous and tawdry
(b) Cheap compared to the wealth to which she is accustomed
(c) A reflection of his personality
(d) Bought from local merchants
3. Between the child and mother there is a discernible sense of ______________________________.
(a) Strong communication
(b) Disappointment and anger
(c) Bonding between them
(d) Love and affection
4. Popo says a girl who refused to listen to her elders ___________________________.
(a) Eventually poisoned herself
(b) Shook her brains out of her ear
(c) Grew a large white melon in her stomach
(d) Turned into an overrripe squash
5. The characters in this parable are ______________________________.
(a) Not yet known to the reader
(b) Rose and her mother
(c) Waverly and her mother
(d) June Woo and her mother
Short Answer Questions
1. The pastor, Wing, was a __________________________-.
2. An army officer told Suyuan Woo _________________________________-.
3. In the city, a new type of thinking allows _________________________________.
4. Old Mr. Chou is ___________________________________.
5. The swan represents to the old woman ____________________________.
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)