|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Lindo Jong, "Double Face".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rose being "without wood" symbolizes ________________________.
(a) Her weak nature
(c) Her lack of a home
(d) Her lack of furniture
2. An-Mei's brother cannot come with their mother because _______________________________.
(a) He would lose any hope for a future
(b) Boys must stay home to care for their aunts
(c) She has not invited him to follow her
(d) His aunt and uncle forbid it
3. When Lena's mother speaks to her in Chinese, Lena ____________________________________.
(a) Translates for her father accuratey and succinctly
(b) Tries to pretend she does not understand
(c) Writes down everything and translates it later
(d) Does not repeat some of what her mother says
4. Tyan-Yu was _____________________________.
(a) A sex addict
(b) An overbearing brute of a husband
(c) Much like a brave Chinese warrior
(d) Like a small child who never grew up
5. Suyuan Woo compares Waverly to a crab, saying she _________________________________________.
(a) She is missing something, like the crab's leg
(b) Her claws are sharp but slow, like the crab
(c) Is always moving sideways and crooked
(d) She is without feelings, like the crab
Short Answer Questions
1. Waverly chooses the best crab on the platter for _______________________.
2. The only father An-Mei knows is ___________________.
3. An-Mei finds that in Tientsin, she has a __________________.
4. Ying-Ying feels that her daughter's home _________________________.
5. At lunch together, Waverly's mother _____________________________________.
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)