|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Lindo Jong, "Double Face".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ying-Ying feels that aborting her baby was ______________________.
(a) An immature act
(b) A weak moment
(c) An act of strength
(d) A mortal sin
2. Suyuan Woo packed all of her belongings into a _________________.
(b) A back pack
(c) A kimono sling
(d) Four wheeled cart
3. When Lena's mother speaks to her in Chinese, Lena ____________________________________.
(a) Translates for her father accuratey and succinctly
(b) Writes down everything and translates it later
(c) Does not repeat some of what her mother says
(d) Tries to pretend she does not understand
4. The token saved from the swan carries with it ________________________________.
(a) All the woman's good intentions
(b) All the luck the woman did not have in China
(c) A promise that she would learn English
(d) A fortune in memories
5. Ying-Ying feels that both she and her grown daughter are ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The child's mother responds to the question about the twenty six gates, by _________________________________.
2. Why did Lena feel she caused Arnold's death?
3. Jing-mei's mother ______________________________.
4. Lena St. Clair's mother appears to be _______________________.
5. An-Mei's brother cannot come with their mother because _______________________________.
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)