|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Lindo Jong, "Double Face".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Ying-Ying end up in the water?
(a) She was frightened by firecrackers
(b) The little boys pushed her
(c) The Moon Lady drew her in
(d) She tried to grab a swimming snake
2. Waverly chooses the best crab on the platter for _______________________.
(a) Her fiance, Rich
(b) June Woo
(d) Her daugher, Shoshanna
3. In addition to strategy, Waverly learns the finer points of ___________________________.
(a) Choosing presents wisely
(b) Choosing her adversaries
(c) Being humble around men
(d) Chess etiquette
4. Suyuan Woo compares Waverly to a crab, saying she _________________________________________.
(a) Is always moving sideways and crooked
(b) She is without feelings, like the crab
(c) Her claws are sharp but slow, like the crab
(d) She is missing something, like the crab's leg
5. Lindo knows that Chinese people will know that her daughter ___________________.
(a) Is well-to-do
(b) Is not Chinese
(c) Is a good wife
(d) Is highly educated
Short Answer Questions
1. Suyuan Woo's husband leaves her to __________________________.
2. When Lena's mother speaks to her in Chinese, Lena ____________________________________.
3. This daughter is tired of her mother's habit of ______________________________.
4. When she was bored, Jing-mei ________________________________.
5. Rose being "without wood" symbolizes ________________________.
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)