|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Lindo Jong, "Double Face".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Waverly had to become ill before her mother would _____________________________-.
(a) Forbid her to play
(b) Speak to her again
(c) Feed her again
(d) Encourage her to play
2. Waverly's mother uses Waverly __________________________.
(a) As a source of pride
(b) To help with housework
(c) To preserve her Chinese customs
(d) As a second income stream
3. In addition to strategy, Waverly learns the finer points of ___________________________.
(a) Choosing presents wisely
(b) Chess etiquette
(c) Choosing her adversaries
(d) Being humble around men
4. Three days of sleeping may have given Rose _________________.
(a) A new strength
(b) A break from work
(c) New nightmares about Ted
(d) A deeper sense of confusion
5. Suyuan Woo compares Waverly to a crab, saying she _________________________________________.
(a) She is without feelings, like the crab
(b) She is missing something, like the crab's leg
(c) Is always moving sideways and crooked
(d) Her claws are sharp but slow, like the crab
Short Answer Questions
1. The woman's daughter speaks _______________________.
2. Lindo Jong is promised in marriage when she _________________________.
3. Waverly's mother pretending to understand chess is ____________________________.
4. Rose had to care for her brothers to learn ________________________.
5. What frightens Jing-mei the most is that _______________________________.
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)