|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Lindo Jong, "Double Face".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The event that clouds An-Mei's early memory of her mother was _________________________________________________.
(a) She was severely burned as her mother was leaving
(b) Her aunt slapped her face
(c) She becomes convinced her that her mother was dead
(d) She fell as she ran toward her mother
2. Why did Lena feel she caused Arnold's death?
(a) She ate all of her rice
(b) Because she wounded him emotionally
(c) She intended for him to die
(d) She compared him to lepers
3. Jeing-mei learns that her mother's lost babies ______________________________________.
(a) Wished she had not raised her in America
(b) Have been found alive and well
(c) Died a very poor woman
(d) Died while searching for her lost babies
4. The woman transported the swan ____________________________.
(a) From Shanghai to America
(b) From New York to San Francisco
(c) From Hong Kong to Shanghai
(d) From Shanghai to Kweilin
5. This daughter is tired of her mother's habit of ______________________________.
(a) Warning her about her marriage
(b) Projecting her negativity outward
(c) Trying to fix everything
(d) Seeing bad omens in everything
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ying-Ying end up in the water?
2. Ying-Ying, or Betty, is consumed with ______________.
3. A man on the street leers and acts threatening to Lena's mother. Her mother feels this happened because ______________________________.
4. The swan represents to the old woman ____________________________.
5. Lindo's mother-in-law _______________________________.
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)