|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Lindo Jong, "Double Face".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The woman's daughter speaks _______________________.
(a) An unfamiliar dialect
(b) A combination of foreign languages
(c) Only English
(d) Only Chinese
2. Popo says a girl who refused to listen to her elders ___________________________.
(a) Grew a large white melon in her stomach
(b) Turned into an overrripe squash
(c) Eventually poisoned herself
(d) Shook her brains out of her ear
3. Waverly gives up chess for good because she ________________________________-.
(a) Begins to lose tournaments
(b) No longer believes she has a gift
(c) Is tired of dealing with her mother
(d) Lost track of her strategy
4. Waverly's mother pretending to understand chess is ____________________________.
(a) Annoying to Waverly
(b) Her way of appearing bright to the neighbors
(c) Her way of bonding with her daughter
(d) Endearing to Waverly
5. Jing-mei's piano recital was ___________________.
(b) A triumph
Short Answer Questions
1. Auntie had a tongue "like hungry scissors _________________________.
2. In order to promote her fertility, Lindo was given ________________________.
3. Ying-Ying feels that aborting her baby was ______________________.
4. The child finally decides to ______________________.
5. When she was bored, Jing-mei ________________________________.
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)