|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Lindo Jong, "Double Face".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lindo was able to convince her in-laws to end her marriage by ______________________________.
(a) Offering them all of her gold
(b) Playing into their superstitions
(c) Being infertile
(d) Crying and wailing
2. Rich's reaction to his unintended insults toward Lindo was _________________________________________.
(a) He never realized he had done anything wrong
(b) He thinks they do not like him
(c) He was loyal to Waverly
(d) He admitted his bleak failure
3. The old woman who buys a swan eventually _____________________________.
(a) Takes the swan back to China
(b) Eats the swan to survive
(c) Takes the swan to America
(d) Gives the swan to her daughter
4. The pastor, Wing, was a __________________________-.
(a) A childhood friend of Ted's
(b) A longtime friend of Rose's mother
(c) A convicted criminal
(d) Childhood friend of Rose's brother
5. Jing-mei's piano teacher is ________________________.
(a) Very attentive
(b) Well known
(d) Deaf, like Beethoven
Short Answer Questions
1. Rose being "without wood" symbolizes ________________________.
2. Suyuan Woo's husband leaves her to __________________________.
3. During an epidemic in Shanghai, Ying-Ying worked in ____________________.
4. Ying-Ying feels that both she and her grown daughter are ______________.
5. Lena and Harold are both _________________.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)