|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Lindo Jong, "Double Face".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. An-Mei Hsu grew up with ___________________________________.
(a) Her grandmother and her little brother
(b) Her father and her little brother
(c) Her auntie and uncle
(d) Her mother and father
2. Lindo's oldest son, Winston, ___________________________.
(a) Is a Chinese Baptist
(b) Went to college and became a doctor
(c) Went away to school
(d) Died in a car accident at sixteen
3. When Ying-Ying got dirty with turtle blood, Amah was afraid Ying-Ying's mother would _______________________________.
(a) Banish them from the village
(b) Split them up
(c) Send them to Shang Hai
(d) Banish them both to Kunming
4. Waverly replaces the missing chess pieces with _____________________.
(a) Ones she makes from dough
(b) Stones from the alley
(d) Her brother's submarine figures
5. Rich Schields makes several mistakes at dinner, the worst being ___________________________________.
(a) He drinks too much wine
(b) He spills food
(c) He accidentally insults Lindo's cooking
(d) He brings wine to people who do not own wineglasses
Short Answer Questions
1. Jing-mei's piano recital was ___________________.
2. When in China, the women of the Joy Luck Club were not allowed __________________________.
3. Ying-Ying's family is __________________.
4. Lindo is ashamed that Waverly _________________________.
5. Besides losing her name, Lena's mother lost ________________________.
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)