|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Lindo Jong, "Double Face".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The woman intends to learn in America how to __________________________________.
(a) Speak perfect American English
(b) Open a business for Chinese
(c) Raise her own food
(d) Raise swans where they are free
2. Suyuan Woo compares Waverly to a crab, saying she _________________________________________.
(a) Is always moving sideways and crooked
(b) She is without feelings, like the crab
(c) Her claws are sharp but slow, like the crab
(d) She is missing something, like the crab's leg
3. When Ying-Ying got dirty with turtle blood, Amah was afraid Ying-Ying's mother would _______________________________.
(a) Split them up
(b) Banish them both to Kunming
(c) Banish them from the village
(d) Send them to Shang Hai
4. How did Ying-Ying end up in the water?
(a) The Moon Lady drew her in
(b) She was frightened by firecrackers
(c) She tried to grab a swimming snake
(d) The little boys pushed her
5. Suyuan Woo packed all of her belongings into a _________________.
(b) A back pack
(c) Four wheeled cart
(d) A kimono sling
Short Answer Questions
1. Waverly's mother uses Waverly __________________________.
2. Waverly gives up chess for good because she ________________________________-.
3. The vase that breaks in the bedroom symbolizes _____________________________.
4. Jing-mei's mother ______________________________.
5. As national chess champion, Waverly is touted as __________________________.
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)