|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Lindo Jong, "Double Face".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rose being "without wood" symbolizes ________________________.
(b) Her lack of furniture
(c) Her weak nature
(d) Her lack of a home
2. When Lena's mother speaks to her in Chinese, Lena ____________________________________.
(a) Writes down everything and translates it later
(b) Translates for her father accuratey and succinctly
(c) Does not repeat some of what her mother says
(d) Tries to pretend she does not understand
3. Lindo was forced to live with her future in-laws because ______________________________________.
(a) Her dowry had gotten large enough
(b) Her family disowned her
(c) She was too old to stay at home
(d) A flood wiped our her family's home
4. Rose Hu's confession that her marriage is ending prompts An-Mei to __________________________________-.
(a) Relive the memories of her childhood
(b) Beg Rose to not lose hope
(c) Become depressed, as she was in childhood
(d) Compare her to her aunt
5. The Mah Jong tiles are arranged into ___________________.
(a) Four columns
(b) Three stacks
(c) Four walls
(d) Three piles
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chinese culture, respect for one's ancestors is called ___________.
2. Jing Mei is afraid that if she does not find the prodigy in herself she will _________________________-.
3. The woman's plans for the swan involve _________________________________.
4. How did Lena learn that a new baby was coming?
5. In this parable, the corner represents ________________________________.
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)