|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Lindo Jong, "Double Face".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The child's mother responds to the question about the twenty six gates, by _________________________________.
(a) Dragging out an old Chinese book
(b) Silently ignoring the child's question
(c) Writing the bad things on paper
(d) Holding and rocking the child
2. An-Mei's brother cannot come with their mother because _______________________________.
(a) His aunt and uncle forbid it
(b) She has not invited him to follow her
(c) Boys must stay home to care for their aunts
(d) He would lose any hope for a future
3. Clifford St. Clair's gifts to Ying-Ying were ___________________________.
(a) Ridiculous and tawdry
(b) A reflection of his personality
(c) Bought from local merchants
(d) Cheap compared to the wealth to which she is accustomed
4. Rose's mother, in exchange for Bing, gave to the ocean _____________________.
(a) Her bible
(b) A sapphire ring
(c) A bamboo pole
(d) Her teacup
5. Mah Jong is __________________.
(a) A poker game
(b) Fortune telling
(c) A board game
(d) A word game
Short Answer Questions
1. An-Mei's mother makes life in Tientsin sound __________________________________.
2. How did Lena learn that a new baby was coming?
3. The grandmother wonders if the child is laughing because __________________________________.
4. The woman's plans for the swan involve _________________________________.
5. Rose is afraid to tell her mother about her divorce because _______________________________________.
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)