|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Parable.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. An-Mei lives in the house owned by ___________________________.
(a) Her grandfather
(b) Her grandmother
(c) Her mother's husband
(d) Her uncle and aunt
2. Jing Mei is afraid that if she does not find the prodigy in herself she will _________________________-.
(a) Not learn to play chess
(b) Always be nothing
(c) Not quite measure up
(d) Not be able to compete with her cousin
3. Popo says a girl who refused to listen to her elders ___________________________.
(a) Eventually poisoned herself
(b) Shook her brains out of her ear
(c) Turned into an overrripe squash
(d) Grew a large white melon in her stomach
4. How did Lena's eating problem manifest itself?
(a) Her skin broke out like leprosy
(b) She became anorexic
(c) Her mother's sack lunches made her sick
(d) Her hatred consumed her
5. The grandmother asks the baby to teach her mother how to lose innocence, without losing hope, and _________________________-.
(a) How to be Queen of the Western Skis
(b) How to forgive everyone
(c) How to laugh forever
(d) How to be a good mother
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to strategy, Waverly learns the finer points of ___________________________.
2. Waverly replaces the missing chess pieces with _____________________.
3. How was Ying-Ying rescued from the water?
4. What frightens Jing-mei the most is that _______________________________.
5. Waverly gives up chess for good because she ________________________________-.
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)