|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Parable.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The characters in this parable are ______________________________.
(a) Rose and her mother
(b) Waverly and her mother
(c) Not yet known to the reader
(d) June Woo and her mother
2. The mother appears certain that _________________________.
(a) The child will fall
(b) The child will be captured
(c) The child will respect her wishes
(d) The child will be obedient
3. Suyuan Woo hoped her daughter _________________________________.
(a) Had a talent for playing piano
(b) Would grow up to be like her
(c) Would grow up to be a tax attorney
(d) Would not be like Waverly Jong
4. Rose finds the imagery of Ted doing monkey business __________________.
5. How did Lena's eating problem manifest itself?
(a) Her hatred consumed her
(b) She became anorexic
(c) Her skin broke out like leprosy
(d) Her mother's sack lunches made her sick
Short Answer Questions
1. Filling out so many forms at customs, the woman _________________________________________.
2. Lindo Jong's family treated her ________________________________.
3. The grandmother asks the baby to teach her mother how to lose innocence, without losing hope, and _________________________-.
4. What was Ying-Ying feeling at the end of the Moon Lady play?
5. Waverly chooses the best crab on the platter for _______________________.
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)