|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Parable.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The child finally decides to ______________________.
(a) Run away from home
(b) Try a different route
(c) Be a better child
(d) Defy the mother
2. Suyuan Woo's beautiful mah jong table was made of __________________.
(d) Hong mu
3. Rose is afraid to tell her mother about her divorce because _______________________________________.
(a) She knows her mother will want her to fix the marriage
(b) Her mother warned her not to get married
(c) She knows her mother will disown her
(d) She does not want to confuse her
4. Suyuan Woo compares Waverly to a crab, saying she _________________________________________.
(a) Is always moving sideways and crooked
(b) Her claws are sharp but slow, like the crab
(c) She is missing something, like the crab's leg
(d) She is without feelings, like the crab
5. The old woman wants to use perfect English to explain ________________________________.
(a) Her predicament to customs
(b) Her sister's unfortunate situation
(c) Her reasons for leaving China
(d) The story of the swan to her daughter
Short Answer Questions
1. The woman's daughter speaks _______________________.
2. How did Ying-Ying end up in the water?
3. The child of this Chinese mother proves to be ______________________________.
4. Lena St. Clair's mother appears to be _______________________.
5. At lunch together, Waverly's mother _____________________________________.
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)