|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Parable.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Suyuan Woo compares Waverly to a crab, saying she _________________________________________.
(a) Her claws are sharp but slow, like the crab
(b) She is missing something, like the crab's leg
(c) She is without feelings, like the crab
(d) Is always moving sideways and crooked
2. Filling out so many forms at customs, the woman _________________________________________.
(a) Forgot why she had come and what she left behind
(b) Accidentally left the swan aboard the ship
(c) Forgot to take the swan with her
(d) Forgot where she was and became confused
3. What was Ying-Ying feeling at the end of the Moon Lady play?
(a) Despair for the Moon Lady's grief
(b) Guilt for becoming lost from her family
(c) Hungry for the peach Moon Lady ate
(d) Fear over the enormity of the drama
4. Lindo Jong is promised in marriage when she _________________________.
(a) Is twelve-years-old
(b) Is two-years-old
(c) Is old enough to consent
(d) Reaches adolescence
5. Lindo was forced to live with her future in-laws because ______________________________________.
(a) Her family disowned her
(b) A flood wiped our her family's home
(c) She was too old to stay at home
(d) Her dowry had gotten large enough
Short Answer Questions
1. What the daughter sees in the mirror is _____________________.
2. The Mah Jong tiles are arranged into ___________________.
3. Rose was surprised that her mother had ___________________________.
4. The woman transported the swan ____________________________.
5. Why did Lena hate Arnold so much?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)