|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Parable.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lena's mother speaks to her in Chinese, Lena ____________________________________.
(a) Tries to pretend she does not understand
(b) Translates for her father accuratey and succinctly
(c) Does not repeat some of what her mother says
(d) Writes down everything and translates it later
2. Mah Jong is __________________.
(a) A board game
(b) A poker game
(c) Fortune telling
(d) A word game
3. An-Mei lives in the house owned by ___________________________.
(a) Her grandfather
(b) Her grandmother
(c) Her mother's husband
(d) Her uncle and aunt
4. Lena St. Clair's mother appears to be _______________________.
(a) Mentally ill
(b) Happy to be a mother
(c) Afraid of Lena
5. Auntie had a tongue "like hungry scissors _________________________.
(a) cutting my confidence."
(b) cutting a colorless winter melon."
(c) tearing at the heart."
(d) eating silk cloth."
Short Answer Questions
1. When she immigrated,what did Lena's father rename Ying-Ying?
2. Suyuan Woo compares Waverly to a crab, saying she _________________________________________.
3. The white swan was purchased _____________________.
4. How did Lena's eating problem manifest itself?
5. The winner of the American Mah Jong game takes home _________________________.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)