|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Parable.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The grandmother wonders if the child is laughing because __________________________________.
(a) She knows her grandmother has become evil
(b) She is seeing her grandmother's suspicious nose
(c) Buddha is teaching her to laugh for no reason
(d) She knows more about the world than most
2. The woman transported the swan ____________________________.
(a) From Shanghai to America
(b) From Shanghai to Kweilin
(c) From New York to San Francisco
(d) From Hong Kong to Shanghai
3. The child of this Chinese mother proves to be ______________________________.
(a) Happy and rambunctious
(b) Happy to stay where t is safe
(c) Strong willed and disrespectful
(d) Slightly slow
4. What is the supposed effect of a mirror at the foot of the bed?
(a) The mirror will reflect the wrong way
(b) Marriage happiness will bounce back
(c) Things in the marriage will turn backward
(d) It is bad luck to be able to see your partner while in bed
5. An-Mei's mother is considered a "ghost" because _________________________________.
(a) She had children out of wedlock
(b) She is only a fourth wife
(c) She has had too many children
(d) She has deserted her children
Short Answer Questions
1. An-Mei lives in the house owned by ___________________________.
2. Jing-mei's piano recital was ___________________.
3. Waverly gives up chess for good because she ________________________________-.
4. When in China, the women of the Joy Luck Club were not allowed __________________________.
5. Waverly's mother pretending to understand chess is ____________________________.
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)