|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Parable.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In order to promote her fertility, Lindo was given ________________________.
(a) Polished dowry furniture
(b) Strong backrubs
(c) Gold and jewelry
(d) Scissors and sewing needles
2. The Hsus find that their Chinese relatives do not want American gifts, but prefer ____________.
(a) Days in the mountains
(c) Elegant luncheons
(d) Picnics with the family
3. The mother's fear for her child is that _______________________________________.
(a) The child will be kidnapped by strangers
(b) The child will become lost
(c) The child will fall down and she will not hear her cry
(d) The child will be struck by an automobile
4. Ted makes the assumption that ______________________-.
(a) He will get the house
(b) He will have to pay alimony
(c) Rose will be disagreeable
(d) Rose wants the divorce
5. The child's mother responds to the question about the twenty six gates, by _________________________________.
(a) Writing the bad things on paper
(b) Dragging out an old Chinese book
(c) Holding and rocking the child
(d) Silently ignoring the child's question
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ying-Ying end up in the water?
2. Lena's father's heritage is __________________.
3. Suyuan Woo hoped her daughter _________________________________.
4. What the daughter sees in the mirror is _____________________.
5. Ying-Ying feels that both she and her grown daughter are ______________.
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)