|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Parable.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The old woman's daughter swallowed this, more than sorrow.
(d) Green tea
2. Lena's paranoia is increased by ___________________________________________.
(a) Sirens screaming up and down the hill
(b) The sounds of traffic and dogs outside
(c) Someone on the fire escape
(d) The sound of fighting in surrounding apartments
3. Jing-mei, tired of being pushed by her mother, develops _______________________.
(a) A rebellious spirit
(b) Her talent as a pianist
(c) Her relationship with Waverly
(d) A loud voice
4. Waverly's mother pretending to understand chess is ____________________________.
(a) Endearing to Waverly
(b) Annoying to Waverly
(c) Her way of bonding with her daughter
(d) Her way of appearing bright to the neighbors
5. The winner of the American Mah Jong game takes home _________________________.
(a) Leftover food
(c) Stock certificates
(d) City savings bonds
Short Answer Questions
1. This daughter is tired of her mother's habit of ______________________________.
2. Rose is afraid to tell her mother about her divorce because _______________________________________.
3. What did Jing Mei guess was the capital of Finland?
4. Lena is certain her mother is able to _________________________.
5. The grandmother wonders aloud whether ____________________________________________.
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)