|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Parable.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The token saved from the swan carries with it ________________________________.
(a) All the woman's good intentions
(b) All the luck the woman did not have in China
(c) A fortune in memories
(d) A promise that she would learn English
2. How did Ying-Ying's rescuers determine she was not a beggar?
(a) She had on embroidered clothing
(b) Her manners were polished
(c) She was pale with soft feet
(d) She did not speak but could only cry
3. Jeing-mei learns that her mother's lost babies ______________________________________.
(a) Have been found alive and well
(b) Wished she had not raised her in America
(c) Died a very poor woman
(d) Died while searching for her lost babies
4. Lena's family moves up in status by moving _____________________________.
(a) To a Cantonese neighborhood
(b) To Little Itay
(c) From China to New York
(d) From Oakland to San Francisco
5. In this parable, the corner represents ________________________________.
(a) The turning point for the family
(b) The mother's skewed anxiety
(c) The growth process of the child
(d) The line between safety and danger
Short Answer Questions
1. The old woman who buys a swan eventually _____________________________.
2. Rose's mother recorded Bing's death _______________________.
3. Lindo became aware of who she really was when ________________________________.
4. Three days of sleeping may have given Rose _________________.
5. When she was bored, Jing-mei ________________________________.
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)