|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Parable.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What frightens Jing-mei the most is that _______________________________.
(a) She had no talent
(b) She did not believe in herself
(c) She felt failure was inevitable
(d) Her mother gave up hope
2. Besides losing her name, Lena's mother lost ________________________.
(a) Her status in China
(b) Her entire heritage
(c) Her entire dowry
(d) Her friends
3. Ying-Ying's family is __________________.
(a) A poor family of servants
(b) A boat family
(c) A fishing family
4. How did Ying-Ying end up in the water?
(a) The Moon Lady drew her in
(b) The little boys pushed her
(c) She was frightened by firecrackers
(d) She tried to grab a swimming snake
5. Jeing-mei learns that her mother's lost babies ______________________________________.
(a) Died while searching for her lost babies
(b) Have been found alive and well
(c) Wished she had not raised her in America
(d) Died a very poor woman
Short Answer Questions
1. Waverly Jong's mother taught her early about ____________________________.
2. Jing-mei's piano teacher is ________________________.
3. Lindo disapproves of Waverly's mink because ___________________________.
4. Rose realizes that fate is shaped half by expectation, and _________________________.
5. Waverly had to become ill before her mother would _____________________________-.
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)