|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Parable.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The woman intends to learn in America how to __________________________________.
(a) Raise swans where they are free
(b) Speak perfect American English
(c) Raise her own food
(d) Open a business for Chinese
2. An-Mei's mother left her behind in order to _____________________________________________.
(a) Save her from her new husband's disregard
(b) Have her raised by a woman who was more stable
(c) Let her have a life with her younger brother
(d) Save An-Mei from her own humiliated station in life
3. Lena and Harold are both _________________.
(c) Building designers
4. Suyuan Woo feels that by wearing the jade pendant, Jing-mei will _____________________________.
(a) Be a good daughter
(b) Have stronger self-esteem
(c) Understand her life's importance
(d) Find a good relationship
5. When Teresa and her family get over their anger, and hug and kiss, Lena ______________________________________.
(a) Wishes her mother would get angry
(b) Tells her father Teresa went down the fire escape
(c) Begins to have hope for her own life
(d) Is angry that she had to witness the fight
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to strategy, Waverly learns the finer points of ___________________________.
2. The vase that breaks in the bedroom symbolizes _____________________________.
3. Jing Mei is afraid that if she does not find the prodigy in herself she will _________________________-.
4. The eternal aspect of Lindo's marriage was symbolized _________________________________.
5. Lena is certain her mother is able to _________________________.
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)