|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Parable.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lindo was forced to live with her future in-laws because ______________________________________.
(a) Her family disowned her
(b) She was too old to stay at home
(c) A flood wiped our her family's home
(d) Her dowry had gotten large enough
2. An-Mei's mother shows up ___________________________.
(a) To reconcile with her children
(b) To challenge An-Mei's aunt
(c) To help her mother in her illness
(d) To retrieve An-Mei and her brother
3. A Chinese Santa Claus asked Waverly ______________________________________.
(a) If she had been good to her parents
(b) If she really believed in Santa Claus
(c) If she knew her proper age
(d) If she believed in Jesus and obeyed her parents
4. As national chess champion, Waverly is touted as __________________________.
(a) The funeral parlor's mascot
(b) A poor child from Chinatown
(c) Bobby Fischer's best friend
(d) The Great American Hope
5. Waverly Jong learned the finer points of chess from ___________________.
(a) Ping Yuen
(b) Hong Sing
(c) Winston Jong
(d) Lau Po
Short Answer Questions
1. Jing-mei shocked the anger out of her mother by _______________________________________.
2. The symbolic burning of the Five Evils was actually ___________________________.
3. Jeing-mei learns that her mother's lost babies ______________________________________.
4. The winner of the American Mah Jong game takes home _________________________.
5. Popo says a girl who refused to listen to her elders ___________________________.
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)