|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Parable.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Three days of sleeping may have given Rose _________________.
(a) A break from work
(b) A new strength
(c) New nightmares about Ted
(d) A deeper sense of confusion
2. The clothes Ying-Ying wears for the Moon Festival are ________________________.
(a) Five Evil clothes
(b) Tiger clothes
(c) Festival clothes
(d) Ritual clothes
3. When she was bored, Jing-mei ________________________________.
(a) Looked at herself in the mirro
(b) Read the Bible
(c) Counted the foghorn bellows on the bay
(d) Watched her mother jump up to adjust the television
4. What was Ying-Ying's unspoken wish?
(a) To be trusted
(b) To be found
(c) To not be afraid
(d) To become old
5. The pastor, Wing, was a __________________________-.
(a) A longtime friend of Rose's mother
(b) A convicted criminal
(c) Childhood friend of Rose's brother
(d) A childhood friend of Ted's
Short Answer Questions
1. Rose is afraid to tell her mother about her divorce because _______________________________________.
2. How did Ying-Ying's rescuers determine she was not a beggar?
3. The grandmother imagines the baby in this parable to be ________________________.
4. The old woman's daughter swallowed this, more than sorrow.
5. Waverly's mother says Waverly's success can be attributed to _______________.
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)