|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Parable.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The woman's feels her daughter __________________.
(a) Has no sorrows
(b) Has no affection
(c) Has no values
(d) Has no insight
2. Lindo was able to convince her in-laws to end her marriage by ______________________________.
(a) Playing into their superstitions
(b) Crying and wailing
(c) Offering them all of her gold
(d) Being infertile
3. In this parable, the corner represents ________________________________.
(a) The mother's skewed anxiety
(b) The line between safety and danger
(c) The growth process of the child
(d) The turning point for the family
4. A man on the street leers and acts threatening to Lena's mother. Her mother feels this happened because ______________________________.
(a) Her life was out of balance
(b) She had her daughter with her
(c) She had dressed up too much
(d) She was pregnant
5. Suyuan Woo compares Waverly to a crab, saying she _________________________________________.
(a) She is without feelings, like the crab
(b) She is missing something, like the crab's leg
(c) Her claws are sharp but slow, like the crab
(d) Is always moving sideways and crooked
Short Answer Questions
1. When she was bored, Jing-mei ________________________________.
2. Rich Schields makes several mistakes at dinner, the worst being ___________________________________.
3. Tyan-Yu was _____________________________.
4. When Ying-Ying got dirty with turtle blood, Amah was afraid Ying-Ying's mother would _______________________________.
5. When in China, the women of the Joy Luck Club were not allowed __________________________.
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)