|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Rose Hsu Jordan, "Without Wood".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Between the child and mother there is a discernible sense of ______________________________.
(a) Bonding between them
(b) Disappointment and anger
(c) Strong communication
(d) Love and affection
2. Auntie had a tongue "like hungry scissors _________________________.
(a) eating silk cloth."
(b) cutting my confidence."
(c) cutting a colorless winter melon."
(d) tearing at the heart."
3. An-Mei lives in the house owned by ___________________________.
(a) Her grandmother
(b) Her grandfather
(c) Her uncle and aunt
(d) Her mother's husband
4. Jeing-mei learns that her mother's lost babies ______________________________________.
(a) Have been found alive and well
(b) Died while searching for her lost babies
(c) Wished she had not raised her in America
(d) Died a very poor woman
5. Rose realizes that fate is shaped half by expectation, and _________________________.
(a) Half by inattention
(b) Half by negative thinking
(c) Half by the gods
(d) Half by pride
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lena's mother speaks to her in Chinese, Lena ____________________________________.
2. The child finally decides to ______________________.
3. Lindo Jong is promised in marriage when she _________________________.
4. An-Mei's brother lost his happiness when _______________________________________-.
5. Ying-Ying, or Betty, is consumed with ______________.
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)