|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Rose Hsu Jordan, "Without Wood".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The child cannot read about the Malignant Gates because _______________________________.
(a) It is adult reading, not meant for children
(b) It is written in Chinese
(c) It is far beyond her reading level
(d) Her mother refuses to let her see the book
2. Waverly's mother says Waverly's success can be attributed to _______________.
(a) The gods
3. The child in this parable is __________________.
(a) A ten-year-old girl
(b) A teenager
(c) A seven-year-old boy
4. The old woman wants to use perfect English to explain ________________________________.
(a) The story of the swan to her daughter
(b) Her reasons for leaving China
(c) Her sister's unfortunate situation
(d) Her predicament to customs
5. Jeing-mei learns that her mother's lost babies ______________________________________.
(a) Wished she had not raised her in America
(b) Died while searching for her lost babies
(c) Died a very poor woman
(d) Have been found alive and well
Short Answer Questions
1. What young Jing-Mei senses is that she will soon _________________________.
2. As national chess champion, Waverly is touted as __________________________.
3. The Hsu family went to beach so that Rose's father could __________________________.
4. In this parable, the corner represents ________________________________.
5. What frightens Jing-mei the most is that _______________________________.
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)