|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Rose Hsu Jordan, "Without Wood".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The symbolic burning of the Five Evils was actually ___________________________.
(a) A box with Five Evils inside
(b) A box containing insects
(c) A green coil of burning incense
(d) A cooling ritual
2. Waverly replaces the missing chess pieces with _____________________.
(b) Ones she makes from dough
(c) Stones from the alley
(d) Her brother's submarine figures
3. The old woman's daughter swallowed this, more than sorrow.
(d) Green tea
4. Jing-mei's mother ______________________________.
(a) Gave the piano back to Jing-Mei
(b) Got rid of the piano music
(c) Sold the piano
(d) Had the piano tuned
5. The woman transported the swan ____________________________.
(a) From Hong Kong to Shanghai
(b) From New York to San Francisco
(c) From Shanghai to America
(d) From Shanghai to Kweilin
Short Answer Questions
1. Rose's mother, in exchange for Bing, gave to the ocean _____________________.
2. Rich's reaction to his unintended insults toward Lindo was _________________________________________.
3. "Popo" is An-Mei's ________________________.
4. Why did Lena feel she caused Arnold's death?
5. What is the supposed effect of a mirror at the foot of the bed?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)