|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Rose Hsu Jordan, "Without Wood".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jing-mei, tired of being pushed by her mother, develops _______________________.
(a) Her relationship with Waverly
(b) A rebellious spirit
(c) Her talent as a pianist
(d) A loud voice
2. Waverly's mother says Waverly's success can be attributed to _______________.
(c) The gods
3. How did Ying-Ying end up in the water?
(a) She was frightened by firecrackers
(b) The little boys pushed her
(c) The Moon Lady drew her in
(d) She tried to grab a swimming snake
4. In order to promote her fertility, Lindo was given ________________________.
(a) Strong backrubs
(b) Polished dowry furniture
(c) Gold and jewelry
(d) Scissors and sewing needles
5. The child cannot read about the Malignant Gates because _______________________________.
(a) It is written in Chinese
(b) It is adult reading, not meant for children
(c) Her mother refuses to let her see the book
(d) It is far beyond her reading level
Short Answer Questions
1. Waverly had to become ill before her mother would _____________________________-.
2. Lindo Jong's family treated her ________________________________.
3. When she was bored, Jing-mei ________________________________.
4. The child finally decides to ______________________.
5. Ted is frustrated with Lena because ___________________________.
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)