|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Rose Hsu Jordan, "Without Wood".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Waverly replaces the missing chess pieces with _____________________.
(a) Stones from the alley
(b) Ones she makes from dough
(d) Her brother's submarine figures
2. The old woman who buys a swan eventually _____________________________.
(a) Eats the swan to survive
(b) Gives the swan to her daughter
(c) Takes the swan to America
(d) Takes the swan back to China
3. When she immigrated,what did Lena's father rename Ying-Ying?
4. The Mah Jong tiles are arranged into ___________________.
(a) Three stacks
(b) Four walls
(c) Three piles
(d) Four columns
5. Rose's mother admitted to God that _______________________.
(a) Their was an ancestral debt
(b) Rose had not taught Bing manners
(c) They had been careless
(d) She had sacred powers
Short Answer Questions
1. In her final attempt to find Bing, Rose's mother ___________________________________.
2. The clothes Ying-Ying wears for the Moon Festival are ________________________.
3. Lena's family moves up in status by moving _____________________________.
4. Waverly's mother says Waverly's success can be attributed to _______________.
5. The only father An-Mei knows is ___________________.
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)