|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Rose Hsu Jordan, "Without Wood".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When she immigrated,what did Lena's father rename Ying-Ying?
2. Lindo was able to convince her in-laws to end her marriage by ______________________________.
(a) Offering them all of her gold
(b) Being infertile
(c) Crying and wailing
(d) Playing into their superstitions
3. Lindo Jong is promised in marriage when she _________________________.
(a) Is two-years-old
(b) Is old enough to consent
(c) Reaches adolescence
(d) Is twelve-years-old
4. Ying Ying was disappointed to find out the Moon Lady in the play _________________________________.
(a) Was actually a man
(b) Was only an actress
(c) Was a figment of her imagination
(d) Could not grant wishes
5. Rose being "without wood" symbolizes ________________________.
(a) Her weak nature
(b) Her lack of furniture
(c) Her lack of a home
Short Answer Questions
1. The mother's superstitions may have been confirmed when ___________________________.
2. Besides losing her name, Lena's mother lost ________________________.
3. The mother has purchased a new mirror at _______________________.
4. What young Jing-Mei senses is that she will soon _________________________.
5. An-Mei's mother shows up ___________________________.
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)