|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Rose Hsu Jordan, "Without Wood".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lindo was able to convince her in-laws to end her marriage by ______________________________.
(a) Crying and wailing
(b) Being infertile
(c) Playing into their superstitions
(d) Offering them all of her gold
2. Ted makes the assumption that ______________________-.
(a) He will get the house
(b) He will have to pay alimony
(c) Rose will be disagreeable
(d) Rose wants the divorce
3. The woman intends to learn in America how to __________________________________.
(a) Raise swans where they are free
(b) Open a business for Chinese
(c) Speak perfect American English
(d) Raise her own food
4. An army officer told Suyuan Woo _________________________________-.
(a) To go to her husband in Chungking
(b) That her babies will be fine
(c) That the Japanese are losing the war
(d) To hold on to her silk dresses
5. Rose's mother recorded Bing's death _______________________.
(a) With a flowery inscription
(b) With disappearing ink
(c) By hiding the Bible
(d) With an erasable pencil
Short Answer Questions
1. An-Mei Hsu uses her Bible as ___________________________________.
2. Auntie had a tongue "like hungry scissors _________________________.
3. Ying-Ying feels that both she and her grown daughter are ______________.
4. Lena is certain her mother is able to _________________________.
5. Why did Lena feel she caused Arnold's death?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)