|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Rose Hsu Jordan, "Without Wood".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Jing-mei justify her defiance of her mother?
(a) Obedience does not make talent
(b) She knows her mother is wrong
(c) Her mother had left her babies
(d) They are in America, not China
2. Ted makes the assumption that ______________________-.
(a) Rose will be disagreeable
(b) He will have to pay alimony
(c) Rose wants the divorce
(d) He will get the house
3. Rose was surprised that her mother had ___________________________.
(a) Taken her bible on the search
(b) Learned how to drive
(c) Left her father behind
(d) Given up on finding Bing
4. When Teresa and her family get over their anger, and hug and kiss, Lena ______________________________________.
(a) Begins to have hope for her own life
(b) Tells her father Teresa went down the fire escape
(c) Is angry that she had to witness the fight
(d) Wishes her mother would get angry
5. The woman's feels her daughter __________________.
(a) Has no sorrows
(b) Has no affection
(c) Has no insight
(d) Has no values
Short Answer Questions
1. Ted is frustrated with Lena because ___________________________.
2. Suyuan Woo hoped her daughter _________________________________.
3. Besides losing her name, Lena's mother lost ________________________.
4. Lena's father's heritage is __________________.
5. Why did Lena hate Arnold so much?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)