|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Rose Hsu Jordan, "Without Wood".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The woman intends to learn in America how to __________________________________.
(a) Open a business for Chinese
(b) Raise swans where they are free
(c) Speak perfect American English
(d) Raise her own food
2. The mother's superstitions may have been confirmed when ___________________________.
(a) The child's bike was broken
(b) The child fell from the bike
(c) The two argued about the dangers
(d) The child made it around the corner
3. Ying-Ying's family is __________________.
(a) A poor family of servants
(c) A boat family
(d) A fishing family
4. Rich's reaction to his unintended insults toward Lindo was _________________________________________.
(a) He never realized he had done anything wrong
(b) He was loyal to Waverly
(c) He thinks they do not like him
(d) He admitted his bleak failure
5. Ted is frustrated with Lena because ___________________________.
(a) She is still attached to her family
(b) She cannot make a decision
(c) She does not like his mother
(d) She wants to control the relationship
Short Answer Questions
1. Rose's mother, in exchange for Bing, gave to the ocean _____________________.
2. Rose had to care for her brothers to learn ________________________.
3. When she immigrated,what did Lena's father rename Ying-Ying?
4. Lena's family moves up in status by moving _____________________________.
5. An army officer told Suyuan Woo _________________________________-.
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)