|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Rose Hsu Jordan, "Without Wood".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jing Mei guess was the capital of Finland?
(c) New York
2. The child in this parable is __________________.
(a) A ten-year-old girl
(b) A seven-year-old boy
(c) A teenager
3. Jing-mei's piano recital was ___________________.
(b) A triumph
4. The pregnant servant girl became convinced that she ____________________________.
(a) Was in love with Tyan-yu
(b) Had caused Lindo's infertility
(c) Was doomed to live in poverty
(d) Was of imperial ancestry
5. Rose realizes that fate is shaped half by expectation, and _________________________.
(a) Half by pride
(b) Half by negative thinking
(c) Half by the gods
(d) Half by inattention
Short Answer Questions
1. "Popo" is An-Mei's ________________________.
2. Ted makes the assumption that ______________________-.
3. Lindo was able to convince her in-laws to end her marriage by ______________________________.
4. The only father An-Mei knows is ___________________.
5. Jing Mei is afraid that if she does not find the prodigy in herself she will _________________________-.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)