|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Rose Hsu Jordan, "Without Wood".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the city, a new type of thinking allows _________________________________.
(a) Women to choose their husbands
(b) A man to choose his own wife
(c) A woman to marry without permission
(d) People to live together unmarried
2. Which kind of daughter did Jing-mei's mother want?
(a) Free spirited
3. Rose's mother recorded Bing's death _______________________.
(a) By hiding the Bible
(b) With an erasable pencil
(c) With a flowery inscription
(d) With disappearing ink
4. The old woman who buys a swan eventually _____________________________.
(a) Gives the swan to her daughter
(b) Takes the swan back to China
(c) Eats the swan to survive
(d) Takes the swan to America
5. Jing-mei's mother ______________________________.
(a) Had the piano tuned
(b) Gave the piano back to Jing-Mei
(c) Got rid of the piano music
(d) Sold the piano
Short Answer Questions
1. The Hsu family went to beach so that Rose's father could __________________________.
2. Jing-mei's piano teacher is ________________________.
3. What frightens Jing-mei the most is that _______________________________.
4. The white swan was purchased _____________________.
5. Jeing-mei learns that her mother's lost babies ______________________________________.
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)