|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Rose Hsu Jordan, "Without Wood".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Waverly Jong learned the finer points of chess from ___________________.
(a) Lau Po
(b) Ping Yuen
(c) Winston Jong
(d) Hong Sing
2. An-Mei lives in the house owned by ___________________________.
(a) Her grandmother
(b) Her uncle and aunt
(c) Her mother's husband
(d) Her grandfather
3. Suyuan Woo's beautiful mah jong table was made of __________________.
(d) Hong mu
4. Waverly replaces the missing chess pieces with _____________________.
(a) Stones from the alley
(b) Ones she makes from dough
(c) Her brother's submarine figures
5. When she immigrated,what did Lena's father rename Ying-Ying?
Short Answer Questions
1. The vase that breaks in the bedroom symbolizes _____________________________.
2. The Hsu family had four sons and ______________________.
3. In Chinese culture, respect for one's ancestors is called ___________.
4. The eternal aspect of Lindo's marriage was symbolized _________________________________.
5. How did Ying-Ying end up in the water?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)