|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Rose Hsu Jordan, "Without Wood".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Auntie had a tongue "like hungry scissors _________________________.
(a) cutting a colorless winter melon."
(b) cutting my confidence."
(c) eating silk cloth."
(d) tearing at the heart."
2. Ted is frustrated with Lena because ___________________________.
(a) She cannot make a decision
(b) She is still attached to her family
(c) She wants to control the relationship
(d) She does not like his mother
3. Between the child and mother there is a discernible sense of ______________________________.
(a) Love and affection
(b) Disappointment and anger
(c) Strong communication
(d) Bonding between them
4. When in China, the women of the Joy Luck Club were not allowed __________________________.
(a) To think a bad thought
(b) Focus on winning
(c) To leave before sixteen hours were up
(d) To drink more than one cup of tea
5. Lindo Jong's family treated her ________________________________.
(a) As though she were a ghost
(b) Like an orphan they cared for
(c) As though she belonged to someone else
(d) As though she was an unwanted child
Short Answer Questions
1. A Chinese Santa Claus asked Waverly ______________________________________.
2. Jing-mei's piano teacher is ________________________.
3. Popo says a girl who refused to listen to her elders ___________________________.
4. Lindo was forced to live with her future in-laws because ______________________________________.
5. The woman transported the swan ____________________________.
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)