|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Rose Hsu Jordan, "Without Wood".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Three days of sleeping may have given Rose _________________.
(a) A break from work
(b) New nightmares about Ted
(c) A deeper sense of confusion
(d) A new strength
2. Rose is afraid to tell her mother about her divorce because _______________________________________.
(a) Her mother warned her not to get married
(b) She does not want to confuse her
(c) She knows her mother will disown her
(d) She knows her mother will want her to fix the marriage
3. When in China, the women of the Joy Luck Club were not allowed __________________________.
(a) To think a bad thought
(b) Focus on winning
(c) To leave before sixteen hours were up
(d) To drink more than one cup of tea
4. Waverly Jong's mother taught her early about ____________________________.
(a) How to shop
(b) Forbidden fruits
(c) Invisible strength
(d) Dim Sum
5. The Twenty Six Malignant Gates is about _____________________________________________.
(a) The diseases that are contagious and looming outside
(b) The dangers present when one travels on wheels
(c) The bad things that can happen outside the house's protection
(d) The crime that lies beyond the gates
Short Answer Questions
1. Rose finds the imagery of Ted doing monkey business __________________.
2. Waverly replaces the missing chess pieces with _____________________.
3. Old Mr. Chou is ___________________________________.
4. The mother's superstitions may have been confirmed when ___________________________.
5. The symbolic burning of the Five Evils was actually ___________________________.
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)