|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Rose Hsu Jordan, "Without Wood".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The woman's feels her daughter __________________.
(a) Has no sorrows
(b) Has no affection
(c) Has no values
(d) Has no insight
2. Ying-Ying, or Betty, is consumed with ______________.
3. What young Jing-Mei senses is that she will soon _________________________.
(a) Be discovered
(b) Become perfect
(c) Be a rock star
(d) Become invisible
4. What did Jing Mei guess was the capital of Finland?
(a) New York
5. What was Ying-Ying feeling at the end of the Moon Lady play?
(a) Hungry for the peach Moon Lady ate
(b) Fear over the enormity of the drama
(c) Despair for the Moon Lady's grief
(d) Guilt for becoming lost from her family
Short Answer Questions
1. Rose had to care for her brothers to learn ________________________.
2. The child cannot read about the Malignant Gates because _______________________________.
3. Jing-mei's mother ______________________________.
4. When she immigrated,what did Lena's father rename Ying-Ying?
5. At lunch together, Waverly's mother _____________________________________.
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)