|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Rose Hsu Jordan, "Without Wood".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Hsu family had four sons and ______________________.
(a) Three daughters
(b) Two daughters
(c) One daughter
(d) Four daughters
2. The woman's feels her daughter __________________.
(a) Has no sorrows
(b) Has no insight
(c) Has no affection
(d) Has no values
3. How did Ying-Ying end up in the water?
(a) She was frightened by firecrackers
(b) The Moon Lady drew her in
(c) She tried to grab a swimming snake
(d) The little boys pushed her
4. The woman's daughter speaks _______________________.
(a) Only English
(b) An unfamiliar dialect
(c) A combination of foreign languages
(d) Only Chinese
5. The only father An-Mei knows is ___________________.
(a) Her mother's husband
(b) The one in a large portrait
(c) Popo's husband
(d) Her uncle
Short Answer Questions
1. An-Mei's mother is considered a "ghost" because _________________________________.
2. The woman transported the swan ____________________________.
3. Very few guests attended Lindo's wedding because _______________________________.
4. An-Mei Hsu uses her Bible as ___________________________________.
5. In addition to strategy, Waverly learns the finer points of ___________________________.
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)