|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Rose Hsu Jordan, "Half and Half".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Twenty Six Malignant Gates is about _____________________________________________.
(a) The bad things that can happen outside the house's protection
(b) The dangers present when one travels on wheels
(c) The crime that lies beyond the gates
(d) The diseases that are contagious and looming outside
2. The mother appears certain that _________________________.
(a) The child will fall
(b) The child will respect her wishes
(c) The child will be captured
(d) The child will be obedient
3. Throughout the discussion between the mother and child, the mother continues to _______________.
(c) Rock in her chair
4. When Ying-Ying got dirty with turtle blood, Amah was afraid Ying-Ying's mother would _______________________________.
(a) Send them to Shang Hai
(b) Banish them both to Kunming
(c) Banish them from the village
(d) Split them up
5. The mother's fear for her child is that _______________________________________.
(a) The child will become lost
(b) The child will be kidnapped by strangers
(c) The child will be struck by an automobile
(d) The child will fall down and she will not hear her cry
Short Answer Questions
1. Waverly Jong learned the finer points of chess from ___________________.
2. Rose's mother admitted to God that _______________________.
3. How did Ying-Ying's rescuers determine she was not a beggar?
4. Lena's father's heritage is __________________.
5. Ying-Ying, or Betty, is consumed with ______________.
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)