|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Rose Hsu Jordan, "Half and Half".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lindo was forced to live with her future in-laws because ______________________________________.
(a) Her family disowned her
(b) She was too old to stay at home
(c) A flood wiped our her family's home
(d) Her dowry had gotten large enough
2. "Popo" is An-Mei's ________________________.
(a) Maternal grandmother
(b) Best friend
3. Tyan-Yu was _____________________________.
(a) Like a small child who never grew up
(b) Much like a brave Chinese warrior
(c) An overbearing brute of a husband
(d) A sex addict
4. Ying-Ying's family is __________________.
(a) A fishing family
(b) A boat family
(d) A poor family of servants
5. Waverly's mother pretending to understand chess is ____________________________.
(a) Her way of appearing bright to the neighbors
(b) Endearing to Waverly
(c) Her way of bonding with her daughter
(d) Annoying to Waverly
Short Answer Questions
1. The child finally decides to ______________________.
2. An-Mei's mother left her behind in order to _____________________________________________.
3. In addition to strategy, Waverly learns the finer points of ___________________________.
4. The eternal aspect of Lindo's marriage was symbolized _________________________________.
5. The Hsu family went to beach so that Rose's father could __________________________.
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)