|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Rose Hsu Jordan, "Half and Half".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Suyuan Woo hoped her daughter _________________________________.
(a) Would not be like Waverly Jong
(b) Had a talent for playing piano
(c) Would grow up to be a tax attorney
(d) Would grow up to be like her
2. Waverly's mother uses Waverly __________________________.
(a) To preserve her Chinese customs
(b) To help with housework
(c) As a source of pride
(d) As a second income stream
3. The child's mother responds to the question about the twenty six gates, by _________________________________.
(a) Dragging out an old Chinese book
(b) Writing the bad things on paper
(c) Holding and rocking the child
(d) Silently ignoring the child's question
4. What was Ying-Ying feeling at the end of the Moon Lady play?
(a) Despair for the Moon Lady's grief
(b) Fear over the enormity of the drama
(c) Guilt for becoming lost from her family
(d) Hungry for the peach Moon Lady ate
5. The pregnant servant girl became convinced that she ____________________________.
(a) Was of imperial ancestry
(b) Was doomed to live in poverty
(c) Had caused Lindo's infertility
(d) Was in love with Tyan-yu
Short Answer Questions
1. An-Mei Hsu uses her Bible as ___________________________________.
2. An-Mei lives in the house owned by ___________________________.
3. The old woman wants to use perfect English to explain ________________________________.
4. Lena's paranoia is increased by ___________________________________________.
5. Waverly's mother says Waverly's success can be attributed to _______________.
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)