|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Rose Hsu Jordan, "Half and Half".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lena's mother speaks to her in Chinese, Lena ____________________________________.
(a) Translates for her father accuratey and succinctly
(b) Tries to pretend she does not understand
(c) Writes down everything and translates it later
(d) Does not repeat some of what her mother says
2. Rose's mother admitted to God that _______________________.
(a) She had sacred powers
(b) Their was an ancestral debt
(c) They had been careless
(d) Rose had not taught Bing manners
3. The clothes Ying-Ying wears for the Moon Festival are ________________________.
(a) Tiger clothes
(b) Five Evil clothes
(c) Ritual clothes
(d) Festival clothes
4. In the city, a new type of thinking allows _________________________________.
(a) Women to choose their husbands
(b) A man to choose his own wife
(c) People to live together unmarried
(d) A woman to marry without permission
5. The swan represents to the old woman ____________________________.
(a) Freedom and a new life
(b) Flight to a new land
(c) All of her treasures and values
(d) The beauty of nature
Short Answer Questions
1. Filling out so many forms at customs, the woman _________________________________________.
2. Besides losing her name, Lena's mother lost ________________________.
3. The woman intends to learn in America how to __________________________________.
4. The token saved from the swan carries with it ________________________________.
5. What was Ying-Ying feeling at the end of the Moon Lady play?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)