|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Rose Hsu Jordan, "Half and Half".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rose realizes that fate is shaped half by expectation, and _________________________.
(a) Half by inattention
(b) Half by negative thinking
(c) Half by the gods
(d) Half by pride
2. The white swan was purchased _____________________.
(a) In Shanghai
(b) Aboard the train
(c) In San Francisco
(d) In New York City
3. The token saved from the swan carries with it ________________________________.
(a) All the woman's good intentions
(b) A promise that she would learn English
(c) A fortune in memories
(d) All the luck the woman did not have in China
4. The Mah Jong tiles are arranged into ___________________.
(a) Four walls
(b) Three piles
(c) Four columns
(d) Three stacks
5. Lindo's mother-in-law _______________________________.
(a) Taught Lindo to be a good housewife
(b) Helped Lindo learn to read
(c) Raised Lindo as her own child
(d) Isolated Lindo throughout her childhood
Short Answer Questions
1. The woman's feels her daughter __________________.
2. Waverly Jong learned the finer points of chess from ___________________.
3. When Teresa and her family get over their anger, and hug and kiss, Lena ______________________________________.
4. Lena's great grandfather probably died from _____________________.
5. The eternal aspect of Lindo's marriage was symbolized _________________________________.
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)