|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Rose Hsu Jordan, "Half and Half".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The white swan was purchased _____________________.
(a) Aboard the train
(b) In Shanghai
(c) In San Francisco
(d) In New York City
2. Ted is frustrated with Lena because ___________________________.
(a) She does not like his mother
(b) She cannot make a decision
(c) She wants to control the relationship
(d) She is still attached to her family
3. In Chinese culture, respect for one's ancestors is called ___________.
4. An-Mei's mother shows up ___________________________.
(a) To reconcile with her children
(b) To challenge An-Mei's aunt
(c) To retrieve An-Mei and her brother
(d) To help her mother in her illness
5. How did Ying-Ying end up in the water?
(a) She tried to grab a swimming snake
(b) The Moon Lady drew her in
(c) She was frightened by firecrackers
(d) The little boys pushed her
Short Answer Questions
1. The child cannot read about the Malignant Gates because _______________________________.
2. Throughout the discussion between the mother and child, the mother continues to _______________.
3. Lindo was able to convince her in-laws to end her marriage by ______________________________.
4. An army officer told Suyuan Woo _________________________________-.
5. In order to promote her fertility, Lindo was given ________________________.
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)