|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Rose Hsu Jordan, "Half and Half".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. An-Mei's mother left her behind in order to _____________________________________________.
(a) Have her raised by a woman who was more stable
(b) Save An-Mei from her own humiliated station in life
(c) Let her have a life with her younger brother
(d) Save her from her new husband's disregard
2. In Chinese culture, respect for one's ancestors is called ___________.
3. Rose's mother admitted to God that _______________________.
(a) Rose had not taught Bing manners
(b) Their was an ancestral debt
(c) She had sacred powers
(d) They had been careless
4. The child finally decides to ______________________.
(a) Run away from home
(b) Be a better child
(c) Defy the mother
(d) Try a different route
5. The event that clouds An-Mei's early memory of her mother was _________________________________________________.
(a) She fell as she ran toward her mother
(b) Her aunt slapped her face
(c) She was severely burned as her mother was leaving
(d) She becomes convinced her that her mother was dead
Short Answer Questions
1. The symbolic burning of the Five Evils was actually ___________________________.
2. In order to promote her fertility, Lindo was given ________________________.
3. Waverly replaces the missing chess pieces with _____________________.
4. The woman intends to learn in America how to __________________________________.
5. Lena's paranoia is increased by ___________________________________________.
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)