|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Rose Hsu Jordan, "Half and Half".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Auntie had a tongue "like hungry scissors _________________________.
(a) tearing at the heart."
(b) cutting my confidence."
(c) cutting a colorless winter melon."
(d) eating silk cloth."
2. The token saved from the swan carries with it ________________________________.
(a) All the woman's good intentions
(b) A fortune in memories
(c) A promise that she would learn English
(d) All the luck the woman did not have in China
3. When Ying-Ying got dirty with turtle blood, Amah was afraid Ying-Ying's mother would _______________________________.
(a) Banish them both to Kunming
(b) Split them up
(c) Banish them from the village
(d) Send them to Shang Hai
4. Jeing-mei learns that her mother's lost babies ______________________________________.
(a) Have been found alive and well
(b) Died a very poor woman
(c) Wished she had not raised her in America
(d) Died while searching for her lost babies
5. In the city, a new type of thinking allows _________________________________.
(a) A man to choose his own wife
(b) People to live together unmarried
(c) Women to choose their husbands
(d) A woman to marry without permission
Short Answer Questions
1. Lena's great grandfather probably died from _____________________.
2. Rose's mother, in exchange for Bing, gave to the ocean _____________________.
3. Lena St. Clair's mother appears to be _______________________.
4. The Mah Jong tiles are arranged into ___________________.
5. "Popo" is An-Mei's ________________________.
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)