|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Rose Hsu Jordan, "Half and Half".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In her final attempt to find Bing, Rose's mother ___________________________________.
(a) Throws an inner tube into the ocean for him
(b) Throws sweetened tea into the sea
(c) Tries to fish him out with a bamboo pole
(d) Begs the Coiled Dragon to give him back
2. Lindo Jong's family treated her ________________________________.
(a) As though she belonged to someone else
(b) As though she was an unwanted child
(c) As though she were a ghost
(d) Like an orphan they cared for
3. Lindo was able to convince her in-laws to end her marriage by ______________________________.
(a) Being infertile
(b) Playing into their superstitions
(c) Crying and wailing
(d) Offering them all of her gold
4. The Twenty Six Malignant Gates is about _____________________________________________.
(a) The dangers present when one travels on wheels
(b) The bad things that can happen outside the house's protection
(c) The crime that lies beyond the gates
(d) The diseases that are contagious and looming outside
5. Popo says a girl who refused to listen to her elders ___________________________.
(a) Eventually poisoned herself
(b) Turned into an overrripe squash
(c) Shook her brains out of her ear
(d) Grew a large white melon in her stomach
Short Answer Questions
1. Lena's family moves up in status by moving _____________________________.
2. The white swan was purchased _____________________.
3. An-Mei Hsu uses her Bible as ___________________________________.
4. Amah is Ying-Ying's ___________.
5. Lena's paranoia is increased by ___________________________________________.
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)