|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Waverly Jong, "Rules of the Game".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the Mah Jong table, Suyuan Woo always sat _________________________-.
(a) Facing the east
(b) Straight and rigid
(c) Slumped in her chair
(d) Sideways on her chair
2. Waverly Jong's mother taught her early about ____________________________.
(a) Invisible strength
(b) How to shop
(c) Forbidden fruits
(d) Dim Sum
3. The white swan was purchased _____________________.
(a) Aboard the train
(b) In San Francisco
(c) In New York City
(d) In Shanghai
4. Waverly's mother uses Waverly __________________________.
(a) As a second income stream
(b) As a source of pride
(c) To preserve her Chinese customs
(d) To help with housework
5. Ying-Ying feels that both she and her grown daughter are ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Waverly Jong learned the finer points of chess from ___________________.
2. Suyuan Woo packed all of her belongings into a _________________.
3. Mah Jong is __________________.
4. In Chinese culture, respect for one's ancestors is called ___________.
5. An-Mei Hsu grew up with ___________________________________.
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)