|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Waverly Jong, "Rules of the Game".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chinese culture, respect for one's ancestors is called ___________.
2. Suyuan Woo's beautiful mah jong table was made of __________________.
(c) Hong mu
3. "Popo" is An-Mei's ________________________.
(c) Best friend
(d) Maternal grandmother
4. Waverly's mother uses Waverly __________________________.
(a) As a second income stream
(b) To preserve her Chinese customs
(c) To help with housework
(d) As a source of pride
5. An army officer told Suyuan Woo _________________________________-.
(a) That her babies will be fine
(b) To hold on to her silk dresses
(c) That the Japanese are losing the war
(d) To go to her husband in Chungking
Short Answer Questions
1. Auntie had a tongue "like hungry scissors _________________________.
2. Ying Ying was disappointed to find out the Moon Lady in the play _________________________________.
3. Waverly's mother wanted Vincent's chess set _________________________.
4. The woman's feels her daughter __________________.
5. The mother appears certain that _________________________.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)