|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Waverly Jong, "Rules of the Game".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Waverly Jong learned the finer points of chess from ___________________.
(a) Ping Yuen
(b) Lau Po
(c) Winston Jong
(d) Hong Sing
2. When Ying-Ying got dirty with turtle blood, Amah was afraid Ying-Ying's mother would _______________________________.
(a) Banish them from the village
(b) Split them up
(c) Send them to Shang Hai
(d) Banish them both to Kunming
3. The child in this parable is __________________.
(a) A teenager
(c) A ten-year-old girl
(d) A seven-year-old boy
4. The old woman who buys a swan eventually _____________________________.
(a) Eats the swan to survive
(b) Takes the swan back to China
(c) Takes the swan to America
(d) Gives the swan to her daughter
5. Between the child and mother there is a discernible sense of ______________________________.
(a) Strong communication
(b) Love and affection
(c) Disappointment and anger
(d) Bonding between them
Short Answer Questions
1. Suyuan Woo's beautiful mah jong table was made of __________________.
2. Suyuan Woo's husband leaves her to __________________________.
3. The white swan was purchased _____________________.
4. The clothes Ying-Ying wears for the Moon Festival are ________________________.
5. Waverly's mother wanted Vincent's chess set _________________________.
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)