|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Waverly Jong, "Rules of the Game".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The symbolic burning of the Five Evils was actually ___________________________.
(a) A box with Five Evils inside
(b) A cooling ritual
(c) A box containing insects
(d) A green coil of burning incense
2. Ying Ying was disappointed to find out the Moon Lady in the play _________________________________.
(a) Was a figment of her imagination
(b) Was only an actress
(c) Could not grant wishes
(d) Was actually a man
3. An-Mei Hsu grew up with ___________________________________.
(a) Her grandmother and her little brother
(b) Her father and her little brother
(c) Her auntie and uncle
(d) Her mother and father
4. As national chess champion, Waverly is touted as __________________________.
(a) The Great American Hope
(b) A poor child from Chinatown
(c) The funeral parlor's mascot
(d) Bobby Fischer's best friend
5. The woman intends to learn in America how to __________________________________.
(a) Open a business for Chinese
(b) Raise her own food
(c) Speak perfect American English
(d) Raise swans where they are free
Short Answer Questions
1. The child's mother responds to the question about the twenty six gates, by _________________________________.
2. The mother appears certain that _________________________.
3. In addition to strategy, Waverly learns the finer points of ___________________________.
4. A Chinese Santa Claus asked Waverly ______________________________________.
5. Between the child and mother there is a discernible sense of ______________________________.
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)