|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Waverly Jong, "Rules of the Game".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Waverly's anger toward her mother is because ________________________.
(a) She is too strict
(b) She favors her sons
(c) She is embarrassed
(d) She pushes her to play chess
2. Filling out so many forms at customs, the woman _________________________________________.
(a) Forgot to take the swan with her
(b) Forgot where she was and became confused
(c) Accidentally left the swan aboard the ship
(d) Forgot why she had come and what she left behind
3. Suyuan Woo's husband leaves her to __________________________.
(a) Get far from Kweilin
(b) Fight for the Chinese Army
(c) Make his way to Shanghai
(d) Defect to Japan
4. Waverly Jong learned the finer points of chess from ___________________.
(a) Ping Yuen
(b) Winston Jong
(c) Lau Po
(d) Hong Sing
5. The Twenty Six Malignant Gates is about _____________________________________________.
(a) The crime that lies beyond the gates
(b) The dangers present when one travels on wheels
(c) The bad things that can happen outside the house's protection
(d) The diseases that are contagious and looming outside
Short Answer Questions
1. An-Mei's brother lost his happiness when _______________________________________-.
2. The old woman who buys a swan eventually _____________________________.
3. The white swan was purchased _____________________.
4. A Chinese Santa Claus asked Waverly ______________________________________.
5. The child cannot read about the Malignant Gates because _______________________________.
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)