|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Waverly Jong, "Rules of the Game".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lindo Jong's family treated her ________________________________.
(a) As though she belonged to someone else
(b) Like an orphan they cared for
(c) As though she was an unwanted child
(d) As though she were a ghost
2. An-Mei's mother shows up ___________________________.
(a) To reconcile with her children
(b) To challenge An-Mei's aunt
(c) To retrieve An-Mei and her brother
(d) To help her mother in her illness
3. Waverly Jong learned the finer points of chess from ___________________.
(a) Ping Yuen
(b) Hong Sing
(c) Lau Po
(d) Winston Jong
4. The old woman's daughter swallowed this, more than sorrow.
(d) Green tea
5. In order to promote her fertility, Lindo was given ________________________.
(a) Polished dowry furniture
(b) Scissors and sewing needles
(c) Gold and jewelry
(d) Strong backrubs
Short Answer Questions
1. The old woman who buys a swan eventually _____________________________.
2. Between the child and mother there is a discernible sense of ______________________________.
3. When in China, the women of the Joy Luck Club were not allowed __________________________.
4. The event that clouds An-Mei's early memory of her mother was _________________________________________________.
5. In addition to strategy, Waverly learns the finer points of ___________________________.
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)