|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Waverly Jong, "Rules of the Game".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Ying-Ying rescued from the water?
(a) Fishermen pulled her up in their net
(b) She was pulled ashore by brigands
(c) She swam to a fishing boat
(d) A snake held her above water
2. Waverly replaces the missing chess pieces with _____________________.
(a) Her brother's submarine figures
(b) Stones from the alley
(c) Ones she makes from dough
3. Lindo was forced to live with her future in-laws because ______________________________________.
(a) A flood wiped our her family's home
(b) Her family disowned her
(c) She was too old to stay at home
(d) Her dowry had gotten large enough
4. When in China, the women of the Joy Luck Club were not allowed __________________________.
(a) To drink more than one cup of tea
(b) To leave before sixteen hours were up
(c) To think a bad thought
(d) Focus on winning
5. The old woman who buys a swan eventually _____________________________.
(a) Gives the swan to her daughter
(b) Eats the swan to survive
(c) Takes the swan to America
(d) Takes the swan back to China
Short Answer Questions
1. An-Mei's brother lost his happiness when _______________________________________-.
2. When Ying-Ying got dirty with turtle blood, Amah was afraid Ying-Ying's mother would _______________________________.
3. Amah is Ying-Ying's ___________.
4. Waverly's mother says Waverly's success can be attributed to _______________.
5. Mah Jong is __________________.
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)