|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Waverly Jong, "Rules of the Game".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The mother's fear for her child is that _______________________________________.
(a) The child will be struck by an automobile
(b) The child will become lost
(c) The child will be kidnapped by strangers
(d) The child will fall down and she will not hear her cry
2. The woman's feels her daughter __________________.
(a) Has no values
(b) Has no affection
(c) Has no insight
(d) Has no sorrows
3. In Chinese culture, respect for one's ancestors is called ___________.
4. The old woman wants to use perfect English to explain ________________________________.
(a) Her reasons for leaving China
(b) Her sister's unfortunate situation
(c) The story of the swan to her daughter
(d) Her predicament to customs
5. The child in this parable is __________________.
(a) A ten-year-old girl
(c) A seven-year-old boy
(d) A teenager
Short Answer Questions
1. An-Mei Hsu grew up with ___________________________________.
2. An-Mei's mother left her behind in order to _____________________________________________.
3. The token saved from the swan carries with it ________________________________.
4. In order to promote her fertility, Lindo was given ________________________.
5. The Hsus find that their Chinese relatives do not want American gifts, but prefer ____________.
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)