|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Waverly Jong, "Rules of the Game".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lindo Jong is promised in marriage when she _________________________.
(a) Is twelve-years-old
(b) Reaches adolescence
(c) Is old enough to consent
(d) Is two-years-old
2. An army officer told Suyuan Woo _________________________________-.
(a) That the Japanese are losing the war
(b) That her babies will be fine
(c) To hold on to her silk dresses
(d) To go to her husband in Chungking
3. The token saved from the swan carries with it ________________________________.
(a) A fortune in memories
(b) All the woman's good intentions
(c) A promise that she would learn English
(d) All the luck the woman did not have in China
4. Waverly's mother uses Waverly __________________________.
(a) As a source of pride
(b) To preserve her Chinese customs
(c) As a second income stream
(d) To help with housework
5. Suyuan Woo's husband leaves her to __________________________.
(a) Make his way to Shanghai
(b) Fight for the Chinese Army
(c) Defect to Japan
(d) Get far from Kweilin
Short Answer Questions
1. Waverly's mother pretending to understand chess is ____________________________.
2. Waverly Jong's mother taught her early about ____________________________.
3. Lindo was able to convince her in-laws to end her marriage by ______________________________.
4. What was Ying-Ying's unspoken wish?
5. Very few guests attended Lindo's wedding because _______________________________.
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)