|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Waverly Jong, "Rules of the Game".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The symbolic burning of the Five Evils was actually ___________________________.
(a) A cooling ritual
(b) A box with Five Evils inside
(c) A green coil of burning incense
(d) A box containing insects
2. An-Mei's mother left her behind in order to _____________________________________________.
(a) Save her from her new husband's disregard
(b) Let her have a life with her younger brother
(c) Save An-Mei from her own humiliated station in life
(d) Have her raised by a woman who was more stable
3. As national chess champion, Waverly is touted as __________________________.
(a) A poor child from Chinatown
(b) The funeral parlor's mascot
(c) Bobby Fischer's best friend
(d) The Great American Hope
4. Throughout the discussion between the mother and child, the mother continues to _______________.
(c) Rock in her chair
5. Lindo Jong is promised in marriage when she _________________________.
(a) Reaches adolescence
(b) Is two-years-old
(c) Is old enough to consent
(d) Is twelve-years-old
Short Answer Questions
1. The woman intends to learn in America how to __________________________________.
2. Suyuan Woo's husband leaves her to __________________________.
3. Ying Ying was disappointed to find out the Moon Lady in the play _________________________________.
4. The child cannot read about the Malignant Gates because _______________________________.
5. The eternal aspect of Lindo's marriage was symbolized _________________________________.
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)