|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Waverly Jong, "Rules of the Game".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The child cannot read about the Malignant Gates because _______________________________.
(a) Her mother refuses to let her see the book
(b) It is adult reading, not meant for children
(c) It is far beyond her reading level
(d) It is written in Chinese
2. The woman intends to learn in America how to __________________________________.
(a) Raise her own food
(b) Raise swans where they are free
(c) Open a business for Chinese
(d) Speak perfect American English
3. Waverly Jong's mother taught her early about ____________________________.
(a) Forbidden fruits
(b) Invisible strength
(c) Dim Sum
(d) How to shop
4. Ying Ying was disappointed to find out the Moon Lady in the play _________________________________.
(a) Was a figment of her imagination
(b) Was only an actress
(c) Was actually a man
(d) Could not grant wishes
5. The winner of the American Mah Jong game takes home _________________________.
(b) City savings bonds
(c) Leftover food
(d) Stock certificates
Short Answer Questions
1. The Hsus find that their Chinese relatives do not want American gifts, but prefer ____________.
2. How did Ying-Ying's rescuers determine she was not a beggar?
3. "Popo" is An-Mei's ________________________.
4. The child of this Chinese mother proves to be ______________________________.
5. What was Ying-Ying feeling at the end of the Moon Lady play?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)