|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Waverly Jong, "Rules of the Game".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Auntie had a tongue "like hungry scissors _________________________.
(a) cutting my confidence."
(b) cutting a colorless winter melon."
(c) eating silk cloth."
(d) tearing at the heart."
2. The Mah Jong tiles are arranged into ___________________.
(a) Three piles
(b) Three stacks
(c) Four walls
(d) Four columns
3. The child in this parable is __________________.
(a) A seven-year-old boy
(b) A ten-year-old girl
(d) A teenager
4. A Chinese Santa Claus asked Waverly ______________________________________.
(a) If she had been good to her parents
(b) If she really believed in Santa Claus
(c) If she knew her proper age
(d) If she believed in Jesus and obeyed her parents
5. Suyuan Woo's husband leaves her to __________________________.
(a) Get far from Kweilin
(b) Fight for the Chinese Army
(c) Make his way to Shanghai
(d) Defect to Japan
Short Answer Questions
1. Suyuan Woo's beautiful mah jong table was made of __________________.
2. Waverly's mother wanted Vincent's chess set _________________________.
3. The old woman's daughter swallowed this, more than sorrow.
4. Amah is Ying-Ying's ___________.
5. Lindo Jong is promised in marriage when she _________________________.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)