|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Waverly Jong, "Rules of the Game".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the Mah Jong table, Suyuan Woo always sat _________________________-.
(a) Sideways on her chair
(b) Slumped in her chair
(c) Straight and rigid
(d) Facing the east
2. In this parable, the corner represents ________________________________.
(a) The growth process of the child
(b) The turning point for the family
(c) The line between safety and danger
(d) The mother's skewed anxiety
3. The symbolic burning of the Five Evils was actually ___________________________.
(a) A cooling ritual
(b) A box with Five Evils inside
(c) A green coil of burning incense
(d) A box containing insects
4. What was Ying-Ying feeling at the end of the Moon Lady play?
(a) Hungry for the peach Moon Lady ate
(b) Fear over the enormity of the drama
(c) Despair for the Moon Lady's grief
(d) Guilt for becoming lost from her family
5. Ying-Ying's family is __________________.
(b) A poor family of servants
(c) A fishing family
(d) A boat family
Short Answer Questions
1. Throughout the discussion between the mother and child, the mother continues to _______________.
2. The old woman's daughter swallowed this, more than sorrow.
3. What was Ying-Ying's unspoken wish?
4. Very few guests attended Lindo's wedding because _______________________________.
5. The only father An-Mei knows is ___________________.
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)