|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Waverly Jong, "Rules of the Game".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Ying-Ying's rescuers determine she was not a beggar?
(a) She did not speak but could only cry
(b) She had on embroidered clothing
(c) She was pale with soft feet
(d) Her manners were polished
2. The Hsus find that their Chinese relatives do not want American gifts, but prefer ____________.
(a) Days in the mountains
(b) Elegant luncheons
(d) Picnics with the family
3. Lindo Jong is promised in marriage when she _________________________.
(a) Reaches adolescence
(b) Is old enough to consent
(c) Is twelve-years-old
(d) Is two-years-old
4. The white swan was purchased _____________________.
(a) In New York City
(b) In San Francisco
(c) In Shanghai
(d) Aboard the train
5. Lindo's mother-in-law _______________________________.
(a) Taught Lindo to be a good housewife
(b) Raised Lindo as her own child
(c) Helped Lindo learn to read
(d) Isolated Lindo throughout her childhood
Short Answer Questions
1. Waverly's mother uses Waverly __________________________.
2. The event that clouds An-Mei's early memory of her mother was _________________________________________________.
3. Waverly was named after ____________________________.
4. When in China, the women of the Joy Luck Club were not allowed __________________________.
5. In Chinese culture, respect for one's ancestors is called ___________.
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)