|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Waverly Jong, "Rules of the Game".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In this parable, the corner represents ________________________________.
(a) The line between safety and danger
(b) The turning point for the family
(c) The mother's skewed anxiety
(d) The growth process of the child
2. Lindo became aware of who she really was when ________________________________.
(a) She first saw Tyan-yu
(b) She went to the river and slept
(c) She saw herself on her wedding day
(d) Concentrated on becoming pregnant
3. Waverly's anger toward her mother is because ________________________.
(a) She is too strict
(b) She pushes her to play chess
(c) She favors her sons
(d) She is embarrassed
4. The child finally decides to ______________________.
(a) Run away from home
(b) Try a different route
(c) Defy the mother
(d) Be a better child
5. The winner of the American Mah Jong game takes home _________________________.
(a) Stock certificates
(b) Leftover food
(d) City savings bonds
Short Answer Questions
1. The woman's daughter speaks _______________________.
2. An-Mei's brother lost his happiness when _______________________________________-.
3. Very few guests attended Lindo's wedding because _______________________________.
4. An-Mei's mother left her behind in order to _____________________________________________.
5. The Hsus find that their Chinese relatives do not want American gifts, but prefer ____________.
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)