|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Waverly Jong, "Rules of the Game".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The child's mother responds to the question about the twenty six gates, by _________________________________.
(a) Dragging out an old Chinese book
(b) Silently ignoring the child's question
(c) Holding and rocking the child
(d) Writing the bad things on paper
2. Lindo was forced to live with her future in-laws because ______________________________________.
(a) A flood wiped our her family's home
(b) Her dowry had gotten large enough
(c) Her family disowned her
(d) She was too old to stay at home
3. What was Ying-Ying feeling at the end of the Moon Lady play?
(a) Hungry for the peach Moon Lady ate
(b) Guilt for becoming lost from her family
(c) Despair for the Moon Lady's grief
(d) Fear over the enormity of the drama
4. What was Ying-Ying's unspoken wish?
(a) To not be afraid
(b) To be trusted
(c) To become old
(d) To be found
5. Suyuan Woo hoped her daughter _________________________________.
(a) Had a talent for playing piano
(b) Would grow up to be a tax attorney
(c) Would grow up to be like her
(d) Would not be like Waverly Jong
Short Answer Questions
1. Suyuan Woo's beautiful mah jong table was made of __________________.
2. Ying-Ying feels that both she and her grown daughter are ______________.
3. Ying-Ying's family is __________________.
4. The woman intends to learn in America how to __________________________________.
5. An army officer told Suyuan Woo _________________________________-.
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)