|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Ying-Ying St. Clair, "The Moon Lady".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Auntie had a tongue "like hungry scissors _________________________.
(a) tearing at the heart."
(b) eating silk cloth."
(c) cutting a colorless winter melon."
(d) cutting my confidence."
2. Very few guests attended Lindo's wedding because _______________________________.
(a) It was raining
(b) The Japanese had invaded the area
(c) :Lindo's future husband was not well-liked
(d) The wedding was not important to the village
3. The Hsus find that their Chinese relatives do not want American gifts, but prefer ____________.
(a) Picnics with the family
(b) Days in the mountains
(c) Elegant luncheons
4. When in China, the women of the Joy Luck Club were not allowed __________________________.
(a) Focus on winning
(b) To think a bad thought
(c) To drink more than one cup of tea
(d) To leave before sixteen hours were up
5. Ying-Ying's family is __________________.
(a) A poor family of servants
(b) A boat family
(c) A fishing family
Short Answer Questions
1. Lindo was able to convince her in-laws to end her marriage by ______________________________.
2. Lindo was forced to live with her future in-laws because ______________________________________.
3. How did Ying-Ying end up in the water?
4. An-Mei Hsu grew up with ___________________________________.
5. In order to promote her fertility, Lindo was given ________________________.
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)