|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Ying-Ying St. Clair, "The Moon Lady".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When in China, the women of the Joy Luck Club were not allowed __________________________.
(a) To think a bad thought
(b) To leave before sixteen hours were up
(c) To drink more than one cup of tea
(d) Focus on winning
2. The token saved from the swan carries with it ________________________________.
(a) All the luck the woman did not have in China
(b) A fortune in memories
(c) All the woman's good intentions
(d) A promise that she would learn English
3. "Popo" is An-Mei's ________________________.
(a) Best friend
(c) Maternal grandmother
4. The woman's daughter speaks _______________________.
(a) Only Chinese
(b) A combination of foreign languages
(c) Only English
(d) An unfamiliar dialect
5. Suyuan Woo's husband leaves her to __________________________.
(a) Make his way to Shanghai
(b) Fight for the Chinese Army
(c) Get far from Kweilin
(d) Defect to Japan
Short Answer Questions
1. Lindo Jong is promised in marriage when she _________________________.
2. How did Ying-Ying's rescuers determine she was not a beggar?
3. Amah is Ying-Ying's ___________.
4. The eternal aspect of Lindo's marriage was symbolized _________________________________.
5. Mah Jong is __________________.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)