|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Ying-Ying St. Clair, "The Moon Lady".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When in China, the women of the Joy Luck Club were not allowed __________________________.
(a) To leave before sixteen hours were up
(b) Focus on winning
(c) To think a bad thought
(d) To drink more than one cup of tea
2. In order to promote her fertility, Lindo was given ________________________.
(a) Scissors and sewing needles
(b) Polished dowry furniture
(c) Gold and jewelry
(d) Strong backrubs
3. Lindo's mother-in-law _______________________________.
(a) Isolated Lindo throughout her childhood
(b) Raised Lindo as her own child
(c) Helped Lindo learn to read
(d) Taught Lindo to be a good housewife
4. What was Ying-Ying's unspoken wish?
(a) To not be afraid
(b) To be trusted
(c) To be found
(d) To become old
5. An army officer told Suyuan Woo _________________________________-.
(a) To hold on to her silk dresses
(b) To go to her husband in Chungking
(c) That her babies will be fine
(d) That the Japanese are losing the war
Short Answer Questions
1. "Popo" is An-Mei's ________________________.
2. Lindo was able to convince her in-laws to end her marriage by ______________________________.
3. The old woman who buys a swan eventually _____________________________.
4. How did Ying-Ying's rescuers determine she was not a beggar?
5. Lindo became aware of who she really was when ________________________________.
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)