|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Ying-Ying St. Clair, "The Moon Lady".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Suyuan Woo's husband leaves her to __________________________.
(a) Get far from Kweilin
(b) Defect to Japan
(c) Make his way to Shanghai
(d) Fight for the Chinese Army
2. The clothes Ying-Ying wears for the Moon Festival are ________________________.
(a) Tiger clothes
(b) Festival clothes
(c) Five Evil clothes
(d) Ritual clothes
3. The woman intends to learn in America how to __________________________________.
(a) Open a business for Chinese
(b) Raise swans where they are free
(c) Raise her own food
(d) Speak perfect American English
4. What was Ying-Ying's unspoken wish?
(a) To be found
(b) To become old
(c) To be trusted
(d) To not be afraid
5. The Mah Jong tiles are arranged into ___________________.
(a) Three piles
(b) Three stacks
(c) Four walls
(d) Four columns
Short Answer Questions
1. The symbolic burning of the Five Evils was actually ___________________________.
2. Filling out so many forms at customs, the woman _________________________________________.
3. The old woman wants to use perfect English to explain ________________________________.
4. The white swan was purchased _____________________.
5. The woman's daughter speaks _______________________.
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)