|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Ying-Ying St. Clair, "The Moon Lady".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Popo says a girl who refused to listen to her elders ___________________________.
(a) Grew a large white melon in her stomach
(b) Turned into an overrripe squash
(c) Shook her brains out of her ear
(d) Eventually poisoned herself
2. The Hsus find that their Chinese relatives do not want American gifts, but prefer ____________.
(b) Picnics with the family
(c) Days in the mountains
(d) Elegant luncheons
3. The old woman's daughter swallowed this, more than sorrow.
(b) Green tea
4. Lindo's mother-in-law _______________________________.
(a) Raised Lindo as her own child
(b) Helped Lindo learn to read
(c) Taught Lindo to be a good housewife
(d) Isolated Lindo throughout her childhood
5. An-Mei's mother is considered a "ghost" because _________________________________.
(a) She had children out of wedlock
(b) She is only a fourth wife
(c) She has deserted her children
(d) She has had too many children
Short Answer Questions
1. Suyuan Woo's beautiful mah jong table was made of __________________.
2. The winner of the American Mah Jong game takes home _________________________.
3. In Chinese culture, respect for one's ancestors is called ___________.
4. How did Ying-Ying's rescuers determine she was not a beggar?
5. When Ying-Ying got dirty with turtle blood, Amah was afraid Ying-Ying's mother would _______________________________.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)