|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Ying-Ying St. Clair, "The Moon Lady".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The only father An-Mei knows is ___________________.
(a) Popo's husband
(b) The one in a large portrait
(c) Her mother's husband
(d) Her uncle
2. When in China, the women of the Joy Luck Club were not allowed __________________________.
(a) To think a bad thought
(b) To leave before sixteen hours were up
(c) To drink more than one cup of tea
(d) Focus on winning
3. The old woman's daughter swallowed this, more than sorrow.
(a) Green tea
4. The Hsus find that their Chinese relatives do not want American gifts, but prefer ____________.
(b) Elegant luncheons
(c) Picnics with the family
(d) Days in the mountains
5. Suyuan Woo packed all of her belongings into a _________________.
(b) Four wheeled cart
(c) A kimono sling
(d) A back pack
Short Answer Questions
1. An-Mei's mother left her behind in order to _____________________________________________.
2. An-Mei's brother lost his happiness when _______________________________________-.
3. The event that clouds An-Mei's early memory of her mother was _________________________________________________.
4. Amah is Ying-Ying's ___________.
5. The white swan was purchased _____________________.
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)