|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Ying-Ying St. Clair, "The Moon Lady".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. An-Mei's mother left her behind in order to _____________________________________________.
(a) Let her have a life with her younger brother
(b) Save An-Mei from her own humiliated station in life
(c) Have her raised by a woman who was more stable
(d) Save her from her new husband's disregard
2. Ying Ying was disappointed to find out the Moon Lady in the play _________________________________.
(a) Was only an actress
(b) Could not grant wishes
(c) Was a figment of her imagination
(d) Was actually a man
3. An-Mei's mother shows up ___________________________.
(a) To help her mother in her illness
(b) To reconcile with her children
(c) To challenge An-Mei's aunt
(d) To retrieve An-Mei and her brother
4. The woman transported the swan ____________________________.
(a) From Hong Kong to Shanghai
(b) From Shanghai to Kweilin
(c) From New York to San Francisco
(d) From Shanghai to America
5. Mah Jong is __________________.
(a) A word game
(b) A board game
(c) A poker game
(d) Fortune telling
Short Answer Questions
1. The symbolic burning of the Five Evils was actually ___________________________.
2. The woman's feels her daughter __________________.
3. An-Mei's brother lost his happiness when _______________________________________-.
4. In order to promote her fertility, Lindo was given ________________________.
5. The Hsus find that their Chinese relatives do not want American gifts, but prefer ____________.
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)