|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Ying-Ying St. Clair, "The Moon Lady".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Hsus find that their Chinese relatives do not want American gifts, but prefer ____________.
(b) Days in the mountains
(c) Elegant luncheons
(d) Picnics with the family
2. Lindo Jong's family treated her ________________________________.
(a) As though she belonged to someone else
(b) As though she were a ghost
(c) Like an orphan they cared for
(d) As though she was an unwanted child
3. The woman's feels her daughter __________________.
(a) Has no values
(b) Has no insight
(c) Has no sorrows
(d) Has no affection
4. The old woman's daughter swallowed this, more than sorrow.
(a) Green tea
5. The event that clouds An-Mei's early memory of her mother was _________________________________________________.
(a) She becomes convinced her that her mother was dead
(b) She was severely burned as her mother was leaving
(c) She fell as she ran toward her mother
(d) Her aunt slapped her face
Short Answer Questions
1. The woman's plans for the swan involve _________________________________.
2. In the city, a new type of thinking allows _________________________________.
3. When in China, the women of the Joy Luck Club were not allowed __________________________.
4. The woman transported the swan ____________________________.
5. Suyuan Woo hoped her daughter _________________________________.
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)