|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Ying-Ying St. Clair, "The Moon Lady".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The event that clouds An-Mei's early memory of her mother was _________________________________________________.
(a) She becomes convinced her that her mother was dead
(b) She was severely burned as her mother was leaving
(c) Her aunt slapped her face
(d) She fell as she ran toward her mother
2. The swan represents to the old woman ____________________________.
(a) Freedom and a new life
(b) The beauty of nature
(c) All of her treasures and values
(d) Flight to a new land
3. The pregnant servant girl became convinced that she ____________________________.
(a) Had caused Lindo's infertility
(b) Was in love with Tyan-yu
(c) Was doomed to live in poverty
(d) Was of imperial ancestry
4. The woman's feels her daughter __________________.
(a) Has no affection
(b) Has no values
(c) Has no sorrows
(d) Has no insight
5. The winner of the American Mah Jong game takes home _________________________.
(a) Leftover food
(b) Stock certificates
(d) City savings bonds
Short Answer Questions
1. Ying-Ying's family is __________________.
2. An army officer told Suyuan Woo _________________________________-.
3. The white swan was purchased _____________________.
4. Suyuan Woo's beautiful mah jong table was made of __________________.
5. Jeing-mei learns that her mother's lost babies ______________________________________.
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)