|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Ying-Ying St. Clair, "The Moon Lady".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the Mah Jong table, Suyuan Woo always sat _________________________-.
(a) Slumped in her chair
(b) Straight and rigid
(c) Facing the east
(d) Sideways on her chair
2. Jeing-mei learns that her mother's lost babies ______________________________________.
(a) Died a very poor woman
(b) Have been found alive and well
(c) Died while searching for her lost babies
(d) Wished she had not raised her in America
3. An-Mei's mother shows up ___________________________.
(a) To challenge An-Mei's aunt
(b) To help her mother in her illness
(c) To retrieve An-Mei and her brother
(d) To reconcile with her children
4. The woman's daughter speaks _______________________.
(a) Only Chinese
(b) Only English
(c) An unfamiliar dialect
(d) A combination of foreign languages
5. Suyuan Woo hoped her daughter _________________________________.
(a) Would grow up to be a tax attorney
(b) Would grow up to be like her
(c) Had a talent for playing piano
(d) Would not be like Waverly Jong
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ying-Ying end up in the water?
2. In order to promote her fertility, Lindo was given ________________________.
3. The only father An-Mei knows is ___________________.
4. The old woman's daughter swallowed this, more than sorrow.
5. Lindo was able to convince her in-laws to end her marriage by ______________________________.
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)