|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Ying-Ying St. Clair, "The Moon Lady".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The eternal aspect of Lindo's marriage was symbolized _________________________________.
(a) With a candle lit at both ends
(b) A ride through town on a palanquin
(c) A tea ceremony about eternity
(d) A ceremony with red scarves
2. Tyan-Yu was _____________________________.
(a) Much like a brave Chinese warrior
(b) An overbearing brute of a husband
(c) Like a small child who never grew up
(d) A sex addict
3. An-Mei lives in the house owned by ___________________________.
(a) Her uncle and aunt
(b) Her grandfather
(c) Her mother's husband
(d) Her grandmother
4. The white swan was purchased _____________________.
(a) Aboard the train
(b) In San Francisco
(c) In New York City
(d) In Shanghai
5. How did Ying-Ying's rescuers determine she was not a beggar?
(a) She was pale with soft feet
(b) She had on embroidered clothing
(c) She did not speak but could only cry
(d) Her manners were polished
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ying-Ying end up in the water?
2. Lindo's mother-in-law _______________________________.
3. What was Ying-Ying's unspoken wish?
4. The woman's feels her daughter __________________.
5. The token saved from the swan carries with it ________________________________.
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)