|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Ying-Ying St. Clair, "The Moon Lady".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The token saved from the swan carries with it ________________________________.
(a) All the woman's good intentions
(b) A promise that she would learn English
(c) All the luck the woman did not have in China
(d) A fortune in memories
2. The old woman who buys a swan eventually _____________________________.
(a) Gives the swan to her daughter
(b) Takes the swan back to China
(c) Takes the swan to America
(d) Eats the swan to survive
3. Lindo Jong is promised in marriage when she _________________________.
(a) Is twelve-years-old
(b) Reaches adolescence
(c) Is two-years-old
(d) Is old enough to consent
4. How did Ying-Ying's rescuers determine she was not a beggar?
(a) She had on embroidered clothing
(b) Her manners were polished
(c) She was pale with soft feet
(d) She did not speak but could only cry
5. When in China, the women of the Joy Luck Club were not allowed __________________________.
(a) Focus on winning
(b) To leave before sixteen hours were up
(c) To think a bad thought
(d) To drink more than one cup of tea
Short Answer Questions
1. The symbolic burning of the Five Evils was actually ___________________________.
2. The pregnant servant girl became convinced that she ____________________________.
3. "Popo" is An-Mei's ________________________.
4. The white swan was purchased _____________________.
5. The Hsus find that their Chinese relatives do not want American gifts, but prefer ____________.
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)