|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Ying-Ying St. Clair, "The Moon Lady".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The woman's daughter speaks _______________________.
(a) A combination of foreign languages
(b) Only Chinese
(c) Only English
(d) An unfamiliar dialect
2. The woman's feels her daughter __________________.
(a) Has no affection
(b) Has no values
(c) Has no insight
(d) Has no sorrows
3. How did Ying-Ying end up in the water?
(a) The Moon Lady drew her in
(b) She tried to grab a swimming snake
(c) She was frightened by firecrackers
(d) The little boys pushed her
4. The symbolic burning of the Five Evils was actually ___________________________.
(a) A box with Five Evils inside
(b) A box containing insects
(c) A cooling ritual
(d) A green coil of burning incense
5. Suyuan Woo packed all of her belongings into a _________________.
(a) A back pack
(b) A kimono sling
(d) Four wheeled cart
Short Answer Questions
1. An-Mei's brother lost his happiness when _______________________________________-.
2. Filling out so many forms at customs, the woman _________________________________________.
3. The only father An-Mei knows is ___________________.
4. Lindo was able to convince her in-laws to end her marriage by ______________________________.
5. When Ying-Ying got dirty with turtle blood, Amah was afraid Ying-Ying's mother would _______________________________.
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)