|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Ying-Ying St. Clair, "The Moon Lady".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the Mah Jong table, Suyuan Woo always sat _________________________-.
(a) Slumped in her chair
(b) Straight and rigid
(c) Facing the east
(d) Sideways on her chair
2. Suyuan Woo packed all of her belongings into a _________________.
(b) A kimono sling
(c) Four wheeled cart
(d) A back pack
3. The woman's daughter speaks _______________________.
(a) Only Chinese
(b) Only English
(c) A combination of foreign languages
(d) An unfamiliar dialect
4. Mah Jong is __________________.
(a) A poker game
(b) A board game
(c) A word game
(d) Fortune telling
5. Filling out so many forms at customs, the woman _________________________________________.
(a) Forgot why she had come and what she left behind
(b) Accidentally left the swan aboard the ship
(c) Forgot where she was and became confused
(d) Forgot to take the swan with her
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chinese culture, respect for one's ancestors is called ___________.
2. The clothes Ying-Ying wears for the Moon Festival are ________________________.
3. Ying Ying was disappointed to find out the Moon Lady in the play _________________________________.
4. Ying-Ying feels that both she and her grown daughter are ______________.
5. How did Ying-Ying end up in the water?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)