|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Ying-Ying St. Clair, "The Moon Lady".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Very few guests attended Lindo's wedding because _______________________________.
(a) It was raining
(b) The wedding was not important to the village
(c) :Lindo's future husband was not well-liked
(d) The Japanese had invaded the area
2. In Chinese culture, respect for one's ancestors is called ___________.
3. Suyuan Woo's beautiful mah jong table was made of __________________.
(a) Hong mu
4. The white swan was purchased _____________________.
(a) In New York City
(b) Aboard the train
(c) In Shanghai
(d) In San Francisco
5. An-Mei lives in the house owned by ___________________________.
(a) Her uncle and aunt
(b) Her mother's husband
(c) Her grandfather
(d) Her grandmother
Short Answer Questions
1. Lindo Jong's family treated her ________________________________.
2. Lindo was able to convince her in-laws to end her marriage by ______________________________.
3. The clothes Ying-Ying wears for the Moon Festival are ________________________.
4. The woman intends to learn in America how to __________________________________.
5. The woman's plans for the swan involve _________________________________.
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)