|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Ying-Ying St. Clair, "The Moon Lady".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the Mah Jong table, Suyuan Woo always sat _________________________-.
(a) Sideways on her chair
(b) Straight and rigid
(c) Facing the east
(d) Slumped in her chair
2. The symbolic burning of the Five Evils was actually ___________________________.
(a) A cooling ritual
(b) A box containing insects
(c) A box with Five Evils inside
(d) A green coil of burning incense
3. The Mah Jong tiles are arranged into ___________________.
(a) Four walls
(b) Four columns
(c) Three stacks
(d) Three piles
4. The winner of the American Mah Jong game takes home _________________________.
(a) Stock certificates
(b) City savings bonds
(d) Leftover food
5. The woman transported the swan ____________________________.
(a) From Shanghai to Kweilin
(b) From Hong Kong to Shanghai
(c) From New York to San Francisco
(d) From Shanghai to America
Short Answer Questions
1. The old woman who buys a swan eventually _____________________________.
2. Suyuan Woo's husband leaves her to __________________________.
3. The old woman's daughter swallowed this, more than sorrow.
4. How did Ying-Ying end up in the water?
5. The swan represents to the old woman ____________________________.
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)