|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Ying-Ying St. Clair, "The Moon Lady".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The woman intends to learn in America how to __________________________________.
(a) Speak perfect American English
(b) Raise swans where they are free
(c) Raise her own food
(d) Open a business for Chinese
2. Ying-Ying's family is __________________.
(a) A boat family
(b) A fishing family
(c) A poor family of servants
3. The symbolic burning of the Five Evils was actually ___________________________.
(a) A cooling ritual
(b) A green coil of burning incense
(c) A box containing insects
(d) A box with Five Evils inside
4. Suyuan Woo packed all of her belongings into a _________________.
(a) A back pack
(b) Four wheeled cart
(d) A kimono sling
5. Lindo was able to convince her in-laws to end her marriage by ______________________________.
(a) Offering them all of her gold
(b) Being infertile
(c) Playing into their superstitions
(d) Crying and wailing
Short Answer Questions
1. An-Mei's mother shows up ___________________________.
2. The swan represents to the old woman ____________________________.
3. "Popo" is An-Mei's ________________________.
4. Lindo Jong's family treated her ________________________________.
5. How was Ying-Ying rescued from the water?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)