|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Ying-Ying St. Clair, "The Moon Lady".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Filling out so many forms at customs, the woman _________________________________________.
(a) Accidentally left the swan aboard the ship
(b) Forgot where she was and became confused
(c) Forgot to take the swan with her
(d) Forgot why she had come and what she left behind
2. What was Ying-Ying feeling at the end of the Moon Lady play?
(a) Despair for the Moon Lady's grief
(b) Guilt for becoming lost from her family
(c) Hungry for the peach Moon Lady ate
(d) Fear over the enormity of the drama
3. The symbolic burning of the Five Evils was actually ___________________________.
(a) A green coil of burning incense
(b) A cooling ritual
(c) A box containing insects
(d) A box with Five Evils inside
4. The event that clouds An-Mei's early memory of her mother was _________________________________________________.
(a) She fell as she ran toward her mother
(b) She becomes convinced her that her mother was dead
(c) Her aunt slapped her face
(d) She was severely burned as her mother was leaving
5. An-Mei's mother shows up ___________________________.
(a) To help her mother in her illness
(b) To retrieve An-Mei and her brother
(c) To challenge An-Mei's aunt
(d) To reconcile with her children
Short Answer Questions
1. Suyuan Woo's beautiful mah jong table was made of __________________.
2. Ying Ying was disappointed to find out the Moon Lady in the play _________________________________.
3. Suyuan Woo packed all of her belongings into a _________________.
4. The woman transported the swan ____________________________.
5. The swan represents to the old woman ____________________________.
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)