|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Ying-Ying St. Clair, "The Moon Lady".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Ying-Ying's rescuers determine she was not a beggar?
(a) She was pale with soft feet
(b) She did not speak but could only cry
(c) Her manners were polished
(d) She had on embroidered clothing
2. The Hsus find that their Chinese relatives do not want American gifts, but prefer ____________.
(a) Days in the mountains
(c) Elegant luncheons
(d) Picnics with the family
3. Lindo was able to convince her in-laws to end her marriage by ______________________________.
(a) Crying and wailing
(b) Being infertile
(c) Playing into their superstitions
(d) Offering them all of her gold
4. The winner of the American Mah Jong game takes home _________________________.
(b) Leftover food
(c) City savings bonds
(d) Stock certificates
5. The white swan was purchased _____________________.
(a) In San Francisco
(b) Aboard the train
(c) In New York City
(d) In Shanghai
Short Answer Questions
1. The old woman who buys a swan eventually _____________________________.
2. Mah Jong is __________________.
3. What was Ying-Ying's unspoken wish?
4. The woman's daughter speaks _______________________.
5. Ying Ying was disappointed to find out the Moon Lady in the play _________________________________.
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)