|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Ying-Ying St. Clair, "The Moon Lady".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The old woman who buys a swan eventually _____________________________.
(a) Eats the swan to survive
(b) Gives the swan to her daughter
(c) Takes the swan back to China
(d) Takes the swan to America
2. In Chinese culture, respect for one's ancestors is called ___________.
3. An-Mei Hsu grew up with ___________________________________.
(a) Her mother and father
(b) Her auntie and uncle
(c) Her father and her little brother
(d) Her grandmother and her little brother
4. In order to promote her fertility, Lindo was given ________________________.
(a) Gold and jewelry
(b) Polished dowry furniture
(c) Strong backrubs
(d) Scissors and sewing needles
5. An-Mei's mother is considered a "ghost" because _________________________________.
(a) She has had too many children
(b) She has deserted her children
(c) She had children out of wedlock
(d) She is only a fourth wife
Short Answer Questions
1. "Popo" is An-Mei's ________________________.
2. Auntie had a tongue "like hungry scissors _________________________.
3. What was Ying-Ying's unspoken wish?
4. The pregnant servant girl became convinced that she ____________________________.
5. Suyuan Woo hoped her daughter _________________________________.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)