|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Ying-Ying St. Clair, "The Moon Lady".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Suyuan Woo's husband leaves her to __________________________.
(a) Get far from Kweilin
(b) Fight for the Chinese Army
(c) Defect to Japan
(d) Make his way to Shanghai
2. At the Mah Jong table, Suyuan Woo always sat _________________________-.
(a) Sideways on her chair
(b) Slumped in her chair
(c) Facing the east
(d) Straight and rigid
3. In the city, a new type of thinking allows _________________________________.
(a) Women to choose their husbands
(b) People to live together unmarried
(c) A woman to marry without permission
(d) A man to choose his own wife
4. When Ying-Ying got dirty with turtle blood, Amah was afraid Ying-Ying's mother would _______________________________.
(a) Banish them both to Kunming
(b) Split them up
(c) Banish them from the village
(d) Send them to Shang Hai
5. The old woman wants to use perfect English to explain ________________________________.
(a) The story of the swan to her daughter
(b) Her sister's unfortunate situation
(c) Her predicament to customs
(d) Her reasons for leaving China
Short Answer Questions
1. The only father An-Mei knows is ___________________.
2. Ying Ying was disappointed to find out the Moon Lady in the play _________________________________.
3. The eternal aspect of Lindo's marriage was symbolized _________________________________.
4. The clothes Ying-Ying wears for the Moon Festival are ________________________.
5. An army officer told Suyuan Woo _________________________________-.
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)