|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Ying-Ying St. Clair, "The Moon Lady".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The pregnant servant girl became convinced that she ____________________________.
(a) Had caused Lindo's infertility
(b) Was in love with Tyan-yu
(c) Was doomed to live in poverty
(d) Was of imperial ancestry
2. In Chinese culture, respect for one's ancestors is called ___________.
3. The woman's plans for the swan involve _________________________________.
(a) Keeping it alive for good luck
(b) Giving the swan to her daughter
(c) Keeping it in America as a sacred pet
(d) Feasting on it when she reaches America
4. The woman transported the swan ____________________________.
(a) From Hong Kong to Shanghai
(b) From Shanghai to Kweilin
(c) From New York to San Francisco
(d) From Shanghai to America
5. Lindo was able to convince her in-laws to end her marriage by ______________________________.
(a) Playing into their superstitions
(b) Being infertile
(c) Crying and wailing
(d) Offering them all of her gold
Short Answer Questions
1. Lindo became aware of who she really was when ________________________________.
2. In the city, a new type of thinking allows _________________________________.
3. An-Mei's brother lost his happiness when _______________________________________-.
4. An-Mei's mother is considered a "ghost" because _________________________________.
5. Mah Jong is __________________.
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)