|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Ying-Ying St. Clair, "The Moon Lady".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The symbolic burning of the Five Evils was actually ___________________________.
(a) A green coil of burning incense
(b) A box with Five Evils inside
(c) A cooling ritual
(d) A box containing insects
2. An army officer told Suyuan Woo _________________________________-.
(a) To hold on to her silk dresses
(b) To go to her husband in Chungking
(c) That the Japanese are losing the war
(d) That her babies will be fine
3. Lindo Jong's family treated her ________________________________.
(a) As though she were a ghost
(b) As though she belonged to someone else
(c) Like an orphan they cared for
(d) As though she was an unwanted child
4. The eternal aspect of Lindo's marriage was symbolized _________________________________.
(a) With a candle lit at both ends
(b) A ceremony with red scarves
(c) A ride through town on a palanquin
(d) A tea ceremony about eternity
5. The woman transported the swan ____________________________.
(a) From Hong Kong to Shanghai
(b) From Shanghai to America
(c) From New York to San Francisco
(d) From Shanghai to Kweilin
Short Answer Questions
1. Mah Jong is __________________.
2. The woman intends to learn in America how to __________________________________.
3. Ying-Ying's family is __________________.
4. How did Ying-Ying's rescuers determine she was not a beggar?
5. An-Mei's brother lost his happiness when _______________________________________-.
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)