|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Ying-Ying St. Clair, "The Moon Lady".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chinese culture, respect for one's ancestors is called ___________.
2. Auntie had a tongue "like hungry scissors _________________________.
(a) cutting a colorless winter melon."
(b) cutting my confidence."
(c) eating silk cloth."
(d) tearing at the heart."
3. An-Mei's mother shows up ___________________________.
(a) To retrieve An-Mei and her brother
(b) To challenge An-Mei's aunt
(c) To reconcile with her children
(d) To help her mother in her illness
4. The woman's feels her daughter __________________.
(a) Has no sorrows
(b) Has no values
(c) Has no insight
(d) Has no affection
5. Very few guests attended Lindo's wedding because _______________________________.
(a) The Japanese had invaded the area
(b) The wedding was not important to the village
(c) It was raining
(d) :Lindo's future husband was not well-liked
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ying-Ying end up in the water?
2. Lindo's mother-in-law _______________________________.
3. The event that clouds An-Mei's early memory of her mother was _________________________________________________.
4. The swan represents to the old woman ____________________________.
5. The pregnant servant girl became convinced that she ____________________________.
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)