|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, An-Mei Hsu, "Scar".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Auntie had a tongue "like hungry scissors _________________________.
(a) tearing at the heart."
(b) cutting a colorless winter melon."
(c) eating silk cloth."
(d) cutting my confidence."
2. The token saved from the swan carries with it ________________________________.
(a) A promise that she would learn English
(b) All the woman's good intentions
(c) All the luck the woman did not have in China
(d) A fortune in memories
3. The woman transported the swan ____________________________.
(a) From New York to San Francisco
(b) From Shanghai to Kweilin
(c) From Hong Kong to Shanghai
(d) From Shanghai to America
4. The old woman wants to use perfect English to explain ________________________________.
(a) Her reasons for leaving China
(b) The story of the swan to her daughter
(c) Her predicament to customs
(d) Her sister's unfortunate situation
5. Jeing-mei learns that her mother's lost babies ______________________________________.
(a) Wished she had not raised her in America
(b) Died a very poor woman
(c) Died while searching for her lost babies
(d) Have been found alive and well
Short Answer Questions
1. The white swan was purchased _____________________.
2. An-Mei's mother left her behind in order to _____________________________________________.
3. An-Mei's mother is considered a "ghost" because _________________________________.
4. At the Mah Jong table, Suyuan Woo always sat _________________________-.
5. Suyuan Woo packed all of her belongings into a _________________.
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)