|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, An-Mei Hsu, "Scar".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chinese culture, respect for one's ancestors is called ___________.
2. An-Mei Hsu grew up with ___________________________________.
(a) Her grandmother and her little brother
(b) Her father and her little brother
(c) Her auntie and uncle
(d) Her mother and father
3. The Mah Jong tiles are arranged into ___________________.
(a) Three stacks
(b) Three piles
(c) Four walls
(d) Four columns
4. The old woman wants to use perfect English to explain ________________________________.
(a) Her reasons for leaving China
(b) Her sister's unfortunate situation
(c) Her predicament to customs
(d) The story of the swan to her daughter
5. At the Mah Jong table, Suyuan Woo always sat _________________________-.
(a) Sideways on her chair
(b) Straight and rigid
(c) Facing the east
(d) Slumped in her chair
Short Answer Questions
1. Auntie had a tongue "like hungry scissors _________________________.
2. The token saved from the swan carries with it ________________________________.
3. Filling out so many forms at customs, the woman _________________________________________.
4. Suyuan Woo packed all of her belongings into a _________________.
5. The woman intends to learn in America how to __________________________________.
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)