|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, An-Mei Hsu, "Scar".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Suyuan Woo's beautiful mah jong table was made of __________________.
(d) Hong mu
2. In Chinese culture, respect for one's ancestors is called ___________.
3. When in China, the women of the Joy Luck Club were not allowed __________________________.
(a) To leave before sixteen hours were up
(b) To drink more than one cup of tea
(c) To think a bad thought
(d) Focus on winning
4. The swan represents to the old woman ____________________________.
(a) The beauty of nature
(b) Flight to a new land
(c) Freedom and a new life
(d) All of her treasures and values
5. The woman's feels her daughter __________________.
(a) Has no affection
(b) Has no sorrows
(c) Has no insight
(d) Has no values
Short Answer Questions
1. Filling out so many forms at customs, the woman _________________________________________.
2. Suyuan Woo's husband leaves her to __________________________.
3. The woman's plans for the swan involve _________________________________.
4. The woman intends to learn in America how to __________________________________.
5. The old woman wants to use perfect English to explain ________________________________.
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)