|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, An-Mei Hsu, "Scar".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chinese culture, respect for one's ancestors is called ___________.
2. The only father An-Mei knows is ___________________.
(a) Her mother's husband
(b) Her uncle
(c) Popo's husband
(d) The one in a large portrait
3. The old woman wants to use perfect English to explain ________________________________.
(a) Her predicament to customs
(b) Her reasons for leaving China
(c) Her sister's unfortunate situation
(d) The story of the swan to her daughter
4. The woman transported the swan ____________________________.
(a) From Shanghai to America
(b) From Hong Kong to Shanghai
(c) From New York to San Francisco
(d) From Shanghai to Kweilin
5. An army officer told Suyuan Woo _________________________________-.
(a) That her babies will be fine
(b) To go to her husband in Chungking
(c) That the Japanese are losing the war
(d) To hold on to her silk dresses
Short Answer Questions
1. An-Mei's brother lost his happiness when _______________________________________-.
2. At the Mah Jong table, Suyuan Woo always sat _________________________-.
3. Mah Jong is __________________.
4. The white swan was purchased _____________________.
5. An-Mei's mother shows up ___________________________.
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)