|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, An-Mei Hsu, "Scar".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The woman's feels her daughter __________________.
(a) Has no sorrows
(b) Has no insight
(c) Has no values
(d) Has no affection
2. The Hsus find that their Chinese relatives do not want American gifts, but prefer ____________.
(a) Picnics with the family
(b) Days in the mountains
(c) Elegant luncheons
3. The old woman wants to use perfect English to explain ________________________________.
(a) Her reasons for leaving China
(b) The story of the swan to her daughter
(c) Her predicament to customs
(d) Her sister's unfortunate situation
4. Jeing-mei learns that her mother's lost babies ______________________________________.
(a) Died while searching for her lost babies
(b) Wished she had not raised her in America
(c) Died a very poor woman
(d) Have been found alive and well
5. The old woman's daughter swallowed this, more than sorrow.
(a) Green tea
Short Answer Questions
1. Suyuan Woo's husband leaves her to __________________________.
2. The woman intends to learn in America how to __________________________________.
3. An-Mei's mother is considered a "ghost" because _________________________________.
4. The white swan was purchased _____________________.
5. Auntie had a tongue "like hungry scissors _________________________.
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)