|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, An-Mei Hsu, "Scar".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The swan represents to the old woman ____________________________.
(a) The beauty of nature
(b) Flight to a new land
(c) Freedom and a new life
(d) All of her treasures and values
2. Auntie had a tongue "like hungry scissors _________________________.
(a) cutting a colorless winter melon."
(b) tearing at the heart."
(c) eating silk cloth."
(d) cutting my confidence."
3. The only father An-Mei knows is ___________________.
(a) Her mother's husband
(b) Her uncle
(c) The one in a large portrait
(d) Popo's husband
4. The winner of the American Mah Jong game takes home _________________________.
(a) Leftover food
(c) Stock certificates
(d) City savings bonds
5. An-Mei's brother lost his happiness when _______________________________________-.
(a) His father watched him from a painting
(b) His grandmother began to die
(c) His grandmother punished him for laughing
(d) His abusive aunt told him about his mother
Short Answer Questions
1. An-Mei's mother is considered a "ghost" because _________________________________.
2. The Mah Jong tiles are arranged into ___________________.
3. At the Mah Jong table, Suyuan Woo always sat _________________________-.
4. The old woman wants to use perfect English to explain ________________________________.
5. Popo says a girl who refused to listen to her elders ___________________________.
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)