|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, An-Mei Hsu, "Scar".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The token saved from the swan carries with it ________________________________.
(a) A promise that she would learn English
(b) A fortune in memories
(c) All the woman's good intentions
(d) All the luck the woman did not have in China
2. An-Mei's mother left her behind in order to _____________________________________________.
(a) Save An-Mei from her own humiliated station in life
(b) Have her raised by a woman who was more stable
(c) Save her from her new husband's disregard
(d) Let her have a life with her younger brother
3. Auntie had a tongue "like hungry scissors _________________________.
(a) cutting my confidence."
(b) eating silk cloth."
(c) tearing at the heart."
(d) cutting a colorless winter melon."
4. At the Mah Jong table, Suyuan Woo always sat _________________________-.
(a) Facing the east
(b) Slumped in her chair
(c) Straight and rigid
(d) Sideways on her chair
5. The old woman who buys a swan eventually _____________________________.
(a) Takes the swan back to China
(b) Gives the swan to her daughter
(c) Eats the swan to survive
(d) Takes the swan to America
Short Answer Questions
1. Jeing-mei learns that her mother's lost babies ______________________________________.
2. An-Mei lives in the house owned by ___________________________.
3. Suyuan Woo's husband leaves her to __________________________.
4. Popo says a girl who refused to listen to her elders ___________________________.
5. Mah Jong is __________________.
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)