|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, An-Mei Hsu, "Scar".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The swan represents to the old woman ____________________________.
(a) Flight to a new land
(b) The beauty of nature
(c) All of her treasures and values
(d) Freedom and a new life
2. When in China, the women of the Joy Luck Club were not allowed __________________________.
(a) To drink more than one cup of tea
(b) To think a bad thought
(c) Focus on winning
(d) To leave before sixteen hours were up
3. Jeing-mei learns that her mother's lost babies ______________________________________.
(a) Have been found alive and well
(b) Died while searching for her lost babies
(c) Died a very poor woman
(d) Wished she had not raised her in America
4. The old woman who buys a swan eventually _____________________________.
(a) Gives the swan to her daughter
(b) Takes the swan to America
(c) Eats the swan to survive
(d) Takes the swan back to China
5. Suyuan Woo packed all of her belongings into a _________________.
(a) Four wheeled cart
(b) A kimono sling
(c) A back pack
Short Answer Questions
1. The woman's feels her daughter __________________.
2. An-Mei lives in the house owned by ___________________________.
3. Popo says a girl who refused to listen to her elders ___________________________.
4. Suyuan Woo's husband leaves her to __________________________.
5. The event that clouds An-Mei's early memory of her mother was _________________________________________________.
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)