|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, An-Mei Hsu, "Scar".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The old woman wants to use perfect English to explain ________________________________.
(a) Her predicament to customs
(b) Her sister's unfortunate situation
(c) Her reasons for leaving China
(d) The story of the swan to her daughter
2. Jeing-mei learns that her mother's lost babies ______________________________________.
(a) Wished she had not raised her in America
(b) Died a very poor woman
(c) Have been found alive and well
(d) Died while searching for her lost babies
3. Suyuan Woo's husband leaves her to __________________________.
(a) Get far from Kweilin
(b) Fight for the Chinese Army
(c) Defect to Japan
(d) Make his way to Shanghai
4. The swan represents to the old woman ____________________________.
(a) Flight to a new land
(b) All of her treasures and values
(c) The beauty of nature
(d) Freedom and a new life
5. "Popo" is An-Mei's ________________________.
(a) Maternal grandmother
(c) Best friend
Short Answer Questions
1. The woman's plans for the swan involve _________________________________.
2. Mah Jong is __________________.
3. Suyuan Woo packed all of her belongings into a _________________.
4. The woman intends to learn in America how to __________________________________.
5. The woman transported the swan ____________________________.
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)