|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, An-Mei Hsu, "Scar".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Popo says a girl who refused to listen to her elders ___________________________.
(a) Grew a large white melon in her stomach
(b) Turned into an overrripe squash
(c) Eventually poisoned herself
(d) Shook her brains out of her ear
2. The woman's plans for the swan involve _________________________________.
(a) Keeping it in America as a sacred pet
(b) Feasting on it when she reaches America
(c) Keeping it alive for good luck
(d) Giving the swan to her daughter
3. The woman's feels her daughter __________________.
(a) Has no insight
(b) Has no sorrows
(c) Has no affection
(d) Has no values
4. The only father An-Mei knows is ___________________.
(a) Her uncle
(b) The one in a large portrait
(c) Popo's husband
(d) Her mother's husband
5. The winner of the American Mah Jong game takes home _________________________.
(a) Leftover food
(c) City savings bonds
(d) Stock certificates
Short Answer Questions
1. An-Mei's mother shows up ___________________________.
2. The swan represents to the old woman ____________________________.
3. Auntie had a tongue "like hungry scissors _________________________.
4. The event that clouds An-Mei's early memory of her mother was _________________________________________________.
5. The old woman who buys a swan eventually _____________________________.
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)