|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, An-Mei Hsu, "Scar".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Hsus find that their Chinese relatives do not want American gifts, but prefer ____________.
(a) Days in the mountains
(b) Elegant luncheons
(c) Picnics with the family
2. An-Mei Hsu grew up with ___________________________________.
(a) Her father and her little brother
(b) Her auntie and uncle
(c) Her grandmother and her little brother
(d) Her mother and father
3. The old woman who buys a swan eventually _____________________________.
(a) Eats the swan to survive
(b) Takes the swan back to China
(c) Takes the swan to America
(d) Gives the swan to her daughter
4. Filling out so many forms at customs, the woman _________________________________________.
(a) Forgot to take the swan with her
(b) Forgot where she was and became confused
(c) Forgot why she had come and what she left behind
(d) Accidentally left the swan aboard the ship
5. An army officer told Suyuan Woo _________________________________-.
(a) That the Japanese are losing the war
(b) To go to her husband in Chungking
(c) To hold on to her silk dresses
(d) That her babies will be fine
Short Answer Questions
1. An-Mei's mother left her behind in order to _____________________________________________.
2. The token saved from the swan carries with it ________________________________.
3. The swan represents to the old woman ____________________________.
4. The woman's plans for the swan involve _________________________________.
5. The woman transported the swan ____________________________.
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)