Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Rose Hsu Jordan, "Without Wood".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Jing-mei justify her defiance of her mother?
(a) Obedience does not make talent
(b) They are in America, not China
(c) She knows her mother is wrong
(d) Her mother had left her babies
2. Rose's mother, in exchange for Bing, gave to the ocean _____________________.
(a) A sapphire ring
(b) A bamboo pole
(c) Her teacup
(d) Her bible
3. In the mirror, the mother sees ______________________________.
(a) Her daughter and husband happy
(b) Her future grandchild on her lap
(c) A new armoire
(d) Her future grandchild's face
4. Jing Mei is afraid that if she does not find the prodigy in herself she will _________________________-.
(a) Not be able to compete with her cousin
(b) Not learn to play chess
(c) Always be nothing
(d) Not quite measure up
5. Rose was surprised that her mother had ___________________________.
(a) Left her father behind
(b) Given up on finding Bing
(c) Learned how to drive
(d) Taken her bible on the search
Short Answer Questions
1. A Chinese Santa Claus asked Waverly ______________________________________.
2. Jing-mei's piano recital was ___________________.
3. The symbolic burning of the Five Evils was actually ___________________________.
4. Jing-mei's piano teacher is ________________________.
5. What was Ying-Ying's unspoken wish?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)