|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Rose Hsu Jordan, "Half and Half".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lena's mother speaks to her in Chinese, Lena ____________________________________.
(a) Tries to pretend she does not understand
(b) Writes down everything and translates it later
(c) Translates for her father accuratey and succinctly
(d) Does not repeat some of what her mother says
2. Waverly Jong learned the finer points of chess from ___________________.
(a) Hong Sing
(b) Lau Po
(c) Ping Yuen
(d) Winston Jong
3. When she immigrated,what did Lena's father rename Ying-Ying?
4. Waverly's mother says Waverly's success can be attributed to _______________.
(d) The gods
5. Waverly's mother wanted Vincent's chess set _________________________.
(a) To be thrown away
(b) To be replaced with a new one
(c) To have the missing pieces restored
(d) To be returned to its owner
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ying-Ying's rescuers determine she was not a beggar?
2. Lena St. Clair's mother appears to be _______________________.
3. In the city, a new type of thinking allows _________________________________.
4. Waverly's anger toward her mother is because ________________________.
5. Tyan-Yu was _____________________________.
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)