Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Ying-Ying St. Clair, "The Moon Lady".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The clothes Ying-Ying wears for the Moon Festival are ________________________.
(a) Five Evil clothes
(b) Ritual clothes
(c) Festival clothes
(d) Tiger clothes
2. The eternal aspect of Lindo's marriage was symbolized _________________________________.
(a) A ride through town on a palanquin
(b) A ceremony with red scarves
(c) With a candle lit at both ends
(d) A tea ceremony about eternity
3. Ying Ying was disappointed to find out the Moon Lady in the play _________________________________.
(a) Was only an actress
(b) Could not grant wishes
(c) Was actually a man
(d) Was a figment of her imagination
4. How was Ying-Ying rescued from the water?
(a) A snake held her above water
(b) She swam to a fishing boat
(c) Fishermen pulled her up in their net
(d) She was pulled ashore by brigands
5. Lindo Jong's family treated her ________________________________.
(a) As though she were a ghost
(b) Like an orphan they cared for
(c) As though she belonged to someone else
(d) As though she was an unwanted child
Short Answer Questions
1. The only father An-Mei knows is ___________________.
2. Lindo was able to convince her in-laws to end her marriage by ______________________________.
3. The Hsus find that their Chinese relatives do not want American gifts, but prefer ____________.
4. Tyan-Yu was _____________________________.
5. When in China, the women of the Joy Luck Club were not allowed __________________________.
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)