|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, An-Mei Hsu, "Magpies".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Waverly has an ignorant fear of Jing-mei's hairdresser _______________________________.
(a) Because he is reckless
(b) Because he is gay
(c) Because she fears for her daughter
(d) Because he works on Howard Street
2. An-Mei Hsu uses her Bible as ___________________________________.
(a) A stabilizer under the leg of her table
(b) A family history
(c) An excuse for all of her bad experiences
(d) A crutch to try to be right about everything
3. The Mah Jong tiles are arranged into ___________________.
(a) Three piles
(b) Four walls
(c) Three stacks
(d) Four columns
4. Lindo was forced to live with her future in-laws because ______________________________________.
(a) She was too old to stay at home
(b) A flood wiped our her family's home
(c) Her family disowned her
(d) Her dowry had gotten large enough
5. What did Jing Mei guess was the capital of Finland?
(d) New York
Short Answer Questions
1. Waverly's mother uses Waverly __________________________.
2. Between the child and mother there is a discernible sense of ______________________________.
3. What was Ying-Ying's unspoken wish?
4. Waverly replaces the missing chess pieces with _____________________.
5. Suyuan Woo's beautiful mah jong table was made of __________________.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)