|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, An-Mei Hsu, "Magpies".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lindo Jong's family treated her ________________________________.
(a) As though she was an unwanted child
(b) Like an orphan they cared for
(c) As though she belonged to someone else
(d) As though she were a ghost
2. Throughout the discussion between the mother and child, the mother continues to _______________.
(c) Rock in her chair
3. The pastor, Wing, was a __________________________-.
(a) A childhood friend of Ted's
(b) A longtime friend of Rose's mother
(c) Childhood friend of Rose's brother
(d) A convicted criminal
4. An-Mei's brother cannot come with their mother because _______________________________.
(a) Boys must stay home to care for their aunts
(b) She has not invited him to follow her
(c) He would lose any hope for a future
(d) His aunt and uncle forbid it
5. An-Mei finds that in Tientsin, she has a __________________.
(b) New mother
(c) New husband
Short Answer Questions
1. Lena's father's heritage is __________________.
2. Jing-mei's piano teacher is ________________________.
3. Lena St. Clair's mother appears to be _______________________.
4. In this parable, the corner represents ________________________________.
5. The child in this parable is __________________.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)