|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, An-Mei Hsu, "Magpies".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In this parable, the corner represents ________________________________.
(a) The turning point for the family
(b) The growth process of the child
(c) The line between safety and danger
(d) The mother's skewed anxiety
2. An-Mei's mother was not always a fourth wife, but was once a _______________________.
(a) Second wife of a villager
(b) First wife of a scholar
(c) First wife of a poor servant
(d) Model in Tientsin
3. In addition to strategy, Waverly learns the finer points of ___________________________.
(a) Chess etiquette
(b) Choosing presents wisely
(c) Being humble around men
(d) Choosing her adversaries
4. The Mah Jong tiles are arranged into ___________________.
(a) Four walls
(b) Three stacks
(c) Three piles
(d) Four columns
5. Popo says a girl who refused to listen to her elders ___________________________.
(a) Eventually poisoned herself
(b) Turned into an overrripe squash
(c) Shook her brains out of her ear
(d) Grew a large white melon in her stomach
Short Answer Questions
1. Waverly's mother wanted Vincent's chess set _________________________.
2. The mother's superstitions may have been confirmed when ___________________________.
3. Mah Jong is __________________.
4. The characters in this parable are ______________________________.
5. Jing-mei's piano recital was ___________________.
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)