|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, An-Mei Hsu, "Magpies".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lena's paranoia is increased by ___________________________________________.
(a) Someone on the fire escape
(b) The sound of fighting in surrounding apartments
(c) The sounds of traffic and dogs outside
(d) Sirens screaming up and down the hill
2. The mother appears certain that _________________________.
(a) The child will be obedient
(b) The child will fall
(c) The child will be captured
(d) The child will respect her wishes
3. Besides losing her name, Lena's mother lost ________________________.
(a) Her entire dowry
(b) Her entire heritage
(c) Her friends
(d) Her status in China
4. Ted makes the assumption that ______________________-.
(a) He will have to pay alimony
(b) Rose wants the divorce
(c) Rose will be disagreeable
(d) He will get the house
5. An-Mei's mother left her behind in order to _____________________________________________.
(a) Have her raised by a woman who was more stable
(b) Save her from her new husband's disregard
(c) Let her have a life with her younger brother
(d) Save An-Mei from her own humiliated station in life
Short Answer Questions
1. An-Mei Hsu uses her Bible as ___________________________________.
2. How did Lena's eating problem manifest itself?
3. How did Ying-Ying end up in the water?
4. The symbolic burning of the Five Evils was actually ___________________________.
5. Waverly has an ignorant fear of Jing-mei's hairdresser _______________________________.
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)