|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, An-Mei Hsu, "Magpies".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The pastor, Wing, was a __________________________-.
(a) A longtime friend of Rose's mother
(b) A convicted criminal
(c) A childhood friend of Ted's
(d) Childhood friend of Rose's brother
2. Ted makes the assumption that ______________________-.
(a) Rose will be disagreeable
(b) He will get the house
(c) Rose wants the divorce
(d) He will have to pay alimony
3. When she immigrated,what did Lena's father rename Ying-Ying?
4. Lena's great grandfather probably died from _____________________.
(a) Being murdered
(b) Being drowned
(d) Guilt and remorse
5. Jing-mei, tired of being pushed by her mother, develops _______________________.
(a) A loud voice
(b) A rebellious spirit
(c) Her talent as a pianist
(d) Her relationship with Waverly
Short Answer Questions
1. The child's mother responds to the question about the twenty six gates, by _________________________________.
2. The child in this parable is __________________.
3. Waverly gives up chess for good because she ________________________________-.
4. Suyuan Woo packed all of her belongings into a _________________.
5. Waverly's mother wanted Vincent's chess set _________________________.
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)