|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, An-Mei Hsu, "Magpies".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Waverly has an ignorant fear of Jing-mei's hairdresser _______________________________.
(a) Because he works on Howard Street
(b) Because he is gay
(c) Because she fears for her daughter
(d) Because he is reckless
2. Very few guests attended Lindo's wedding because _______________________________.
(a) :Lindo's future husband was not well-liked
(b) The wedding was not important to the village
(c) The Japanese had invaded the area
(d) It was raining
3. Rose being "without wood" symbolizes ________________________.
(a) Her weak nature
(b) Her lack of a home
(c) Her lack of furniture
4. Rose Hu's confession that her marriage is ending prompts An-Mei to __________________________________-.
(a) Become depressed, as she was in childhood
(b) Compare her to her aunt
(c) Beg Rose to not lose hope
(d) Relive the memories of her childhood
5. What does the jade pendant symbolize?
(a) Three pears
(d) We do not know
Short Answer Questions
1. Waverly's mother pretending to understand chess is ____________________________.
2. Rose had to care for her brothers to learn ________________________.
3. Waverly had to become ill before her mother would _____________________________-.
4. The Twenty Six Malignant Gates is about _____________________________________________.
5. Rose is afraid to tell her mother about her divorce because _______________________________________.
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)