|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, An-Mei Hsu, "Magpies".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ying-Ying got dirty with turtle blood, Amah was afraid Ying-Ying's mother would _______________________________.
(a) Banish them both to Kunming
(b) Banish them from the village
(c) Send them to Shang Hai
(d) Split them up
2. Ying Ying was disappointed to find out the Moon Lady in the play _________________________________.
(a) Was only an actress
(b) Could not grant wishes
(c) Was a figment of her imagination
(d) Was actually a man
3. Lena's father's heritage is __________________.
4. Suyuan Woo feels that by wearing the jade pendant, Jing-mei will _____________________________.
(a) Understand her life's importance
(b) Find a good relationship
(c) Be a good daughter
(d) Have stronger self-esteem
5. Why did Lena feel she caused Arnold's death?
(a) Because she wounded him emotionally
(b) She ate all of her rice
(c) She intended for him to die
(d) She compared him to lepers
Short Answer Questions
1. The child finally decides to ______________________.
2. The Hsu family had four sons and ______________________.
3. An army officer told Suyuan Woo _________________________________-.
4. In this parable, the corner represents ________________________________.
5. The grandmother wonders aloud whether ____________________________________________.
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)