|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, An-Mei Hsu, "Magpies".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Waverly's mother says Waverly's success can be attributed to _______________.
(b) The gods
2. Amah is Ying-Ying's ___________.
3. Waverly's mother uses Waverly __________________________.
(a) To help with housework
(b) To preserve her Chinese customs
(c) As a second income stream
(d) As a source of pride
4. In her final attempt to find Bing, Rose's mother ___________________________________.
(a) Throws sweetened tea into the sea
(b) Throws an inner tube into the ocean for him
(c) Tries to fish him out with a bamboo pole
(d) Begs the Coiled Dragon to give him back
5. The Twenty Six Malignant Gates is about _____________________________________________.
(a) The crime that lies beyond the gates
(b) The bad things that can happen outside the house's protection
(c) The dangers present when one travels on wheels
(d) The diseases that are contagious and looming outside
Short Answer Questions
1. Three days of sleeping may have given Rose _________________.
2. Jing-mei's piano teacher is ________________________.
3. In this parable, the corner represents ________________________________.
4. What young Jing-Mei senses is that she will soon _________________________.
5. The Hsus find that their Chinese relatives do not want American gifts, but prefer ____________.
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)