|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, An-Mei Hsu, "Magpies".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Ying-Ying's rescuers determine she was not a beggar?
(a) She had on embroidered clothing
(b) She did not speak but could only cry
(c) Her manners were polished
(d) She was pale with soft feet
2. Rose was surprised that her mother had ___________________________.
(a) Given up on finding Bing
(b) Learned how to drive
(c) Taken her bible on the search
(d) Left her father behind
3. As national chess champion, Waverly is touted as __________________________.
(a) A poor child from Chinatown
(b) Bobby Fischer's best friend
(c) The funeral parlor's mascot
(d) The Great American Hope
4. The pastor, Wing, was a __________________________-.
(a) A longtime friend of Rose's mother
(b) A childhood friend of Ted's
(c) A convicted criminal
(d) Childhood friend of Rose's brother
5. The grandmother wonders if the child is laughing because __________________________________.
(a) She is seeing her grandmother's suspicious nose
(b) She knows her grandmother has become evil
(c) Buddha is teaching her to laugh for no reason
(d) She knows more about the world than most
Short Answer Questions
1. An-Mei lives in the house owned by ___________________________.
2. Ying-Ying's family is __________________.
3. When she immigrated,what did Lena's father rename Ying-Ying?
4. An-Mei's brother lost his happiness when _______________________________________-.
5. Rose's mother, in exchange for Bing, gave to the ocean _____________________.
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)