|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, An-Mei Hsu, "Magpies".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jing-mei, tired of being pushed by her mother, develops _______________________.
(a) A loud voice
(b) Her relationship with Waverly
(c) Her talent as a pianist
(d) A rebellious spirit
2. Waverly had to become ill before her mother would _____________________________-.
(a) Feed her again
(b) Speak to her again
(c) Forbid her to play
(d) Encourage her to play
3. Mah Jong is __________________.
(a) A board game
(b) A word game
(c) Fortune telling
(d) A poker game
4. Lindo was forced to live with her future in-laws because ______________________________________.
(a) Her dowry had gotten large enough
(b) She was too old to stay at home
(c) Her family disowned her
(d) A flood wiped our her family's home
5. In this parable, the corner represents ________________________________.
(a) The mother's skewed anxiety
(b) The growth process of the child
(c) The turning point for the family
(d) The line between safety and danger
Short Answer Questions
1. Waverly's mother pretending to understand chess is ____________________________.
2. Suyuan Woo hoped her daughter _________________________________.
3. Waverly's anger toward her mother is because ________________________.
4. A man on the street leers and acts threatening to Lena's mother. Her mother feels this happened because ______________________________.
5. When Teresa and her family get over their anger, and hug and kiss, Lena ______________________________________.
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)