|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, An-Mei Hsu, "Magpies".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Waverly's mother says Waverly's success can be attributed to _______________.
(b) The gods
2. In this parable, the corner represents ________________________________.
(a) The growth process of the child
(b) The turning point for the family
(c) The line between safety and danger
(d) The mother's skewed anxiety
3. Rose is afraid to tell her mother about her divorce because _______________________________________.
(a) Her mother warned her not to get married
(b) She knows her mother will disown her
(c) She knows her mother will want her to fix the marriage
(d) She does not want to confuse her
4. What was Ying-Ying feeling at the end of the Moon Lady play?
(a) Hungry for the peach Moon Lady ate
(b) Despair for the Moon Lady's grief
(c) Fear over the enormity of the drama
(d) Guilt for becoming lost from her family
5. An-Mei finds that in Tientsin, she has a __________________.
(a) New mother
(b) New husband
Short Answer Questions
1. The grandmother asks the baby to teach her mother how to lose innocence, without losing hope, and _________________________-.
2. The characters in this parable are ______________________________.
3. The grandmother admits that she ______________________________-.
4. When in China, the women of the Joy Luck Club were not allowed __________________________.
5. The child of this Chinese mother proves to be ______________________________.
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)