|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, An-Mei Hsu, "Magpies".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Lena's eating problem manifest itself?
(a) She became anorexic
(b) Her hatred consumed her
(c) Her skin broke out like leprosy
(d) Her mother's sack lunches made her sick
2. Rose Hu's confession that her marriage is ending prompts An-Mei to __________________________________-.
(a) Become depressed, as she was in childhood
(b) Beg Rose to not lose hope
(c) Relive the memories of her childhood
(d) Compare her to her aunt
3. The Hsu family had four sons and ______________________.
(a) One daughter
(b) Two daughters
(c) Four daughters
(d) Three daughters
4. Waverly's mother uses Waverly __________________________.
(a) As a source of pride
(b) To help with housework
(c) As a second income stream
(d) To preserve her Chinese customs
5. The grandmother asks the baby to teach her mother how to lose innocence, without losing hope, and _________________________-.
(a) How to forgive everyone
(b) How to laugh forever
(c) How to be Queen of the Western Skis
(d) How to be a good mother
Short Answer Questions
1. Jing-mei's piano teacher is ________________________.
2. Throughout the discussion between the mother and child, the mother continues to _______________.
3. The mother's superstitions may have been confirmed when ___________________________.
4. The vase that breaks in the bedroom symbolizes _____________________________.
5. An-Mei's brother lost his happiness when _______________________________________-.
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)