|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Parable.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jeing-mei learns that her mother's lost babies ______________________________________.
(a) Have been found alive and well
(b) Died while searching for her lost babies
(c) Wished she had not raised her in America
(d) Died a very poor woman
2. The Twenty Six Malignant Gates is about _____________________________________________.
(a) The diseases that are contagious and looming outside
(b) The dangers present when one travels on wheels
(c) The bad things that can happen outside the house's protection
(d) The crime that lies beyond the gates
3. An-Mei's mother shows up ___________________________.
(a) To reconcile with her children
(b) To challenge An-Mei's aunt
(c) To help her mother in her illness
(d) To retrieve An-Mei and her brother
4. An-Mei's brother lost his happiness when _______________________________________-.
(a) His abusive aunt told him about his mother
(b) His grandmother punished him for laughing
(c) His grandmother began to die
(d) His father watched him from a painting
5. The symbolic burning of the Five Evils was actually ___________________________.
(a) A cooling ritual
(b) A box containing insects
(c) A box with Five Evils inside
(d) A green coil of burning incense
Short Answer Questions
1. Ying-Ying's family is __________________.
2. Popo says a girl who refused to listen to her elders ___________________________.
3. The child cannot read about the Malignant Gates because _______________________________.
4. In order to promote her fertility, Lindo was given ________________________.
5. Between the child and mother there is a discernible sense of ______________________________.
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)