|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Parable.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the city, a new type of thinking allows _________________________________.
(a) A woman to marry without permission
(b) Women to choose their husbands
(c) People to live together unmarried
(d) A man to choose his own wife
2. Suyuan Woo's beautiful mah jong table was made of __________________.
(d) Hong mu
3. "Popo" is An-Mei's ________________________.
(c) Maternal grandmother
(d) Best friend
4. The mother appears certain that _________________________.
(a) The child will be obedient
(b) The child will respect her wishes
(c) The child will be captured
(d) The child will fall
5. In Chinese culture, respect for one's ancestors is called ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Hsus find that their Chinese relatives do not want American gifts, but prefer ____________.
2. The child's mother responds to the question about the twenty six gates, by _________________________________.
3. Ying-Ying's family is __________________.
4. Lindo was able to convince her in-laws to end her marriage by ______________________________.
5. The mother's superstitions may have been confirmed when ___________________________.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)