|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Parable.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Ying-Ying rescued from the water?
(a) She was pulled ashore by brigands
(b) She swam to a fishing boat
(c) A snake held her above water
(d) Fishermen pulled her up in their net
2. The child in this parable is __________________.
(a) A seven-year-old boy
(c) A ten-year-old girl
(d) A teenager
3. The winner of the American Mah Jong game takes home _________________________.
(b) Leftover food
(c) Stock certificates
(d) City savings bonds
4. An-Mei's mother is considered a "ghost" because _________________________________.
(a) She has deserted her children
(b) She is only a fourth wife
(c) She has had too many children
(d) She had children out of wedlock
5. Mah Jong is __________________.
(a) A word game
(b) A board game
(c) Fortune telling
(d) A poker game
Short Answer Questions
1. Auntie had a tongue "like hungry scissors _________________________.
2. At the Mah Jong table, Suyuan Woo always sat _________________________-.
3. What was Ying-Ying's unspoken wish?
4. An-Mei lives in the house owned by ___________________________.
5. Lindo became aware of who she really was when ________________________________.
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)