|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Parable.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The symbolic burning of the Five Evils was actually ___________________________.
(a) A cooling ritual
(b) A box with Five Evils inside
(c) A box containing insects
(d) A green coil of burning incense
2. An-Mei's mother is considered a "ghost" because _________________________________.
(a) She had children out of wedlock
(b) She is only a fourth wife
(c) She has had too many children
(d) She has deserted her children
3. Lindo was able to convince her in-laws to end her marriage by ______________________________.
(a) Offering them all of her gold
(b) Playing into their superstitions
(c) Being infertile
(d) Crying and wailing
4. When Ying-Ying got dirty with turtle blood, Amah was afraid Ying-Ying's mother would _______________________________.
(a) Banish them both to Kunming
(b) Banish them from the village
(c) Send them to Shang Hai
(d) Split them up
5. The Twenty Six Malignant Gates is about _____________________________________________.
(a) The crime that lies beyond the gates
(b) The bad things that can happen outside the house's protection
(c) The diseases that are contagious and looming outside
(d) The dangers present when one travels on wheels
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ying-Ying end up in the water?
2. The pregnant servant girl became convinced that she ____________________________.
3. In order to promote her fertility, Lindo was given ________________________.
4. Lindo Jong is promised in marriage when she _________________________.
5. Between the child and mother there is a discernible sense of ______________________________.
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)