|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Parable.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Popo" is An-Mei's ________________________.
(c) Maternal grandmother
(d) Best friend
2. The child cannot read about the Malignant Gates because _______________________________.
(a) Her mother refuses to let her see the book
(b) It is far beyond her reading level
(c) It is adult reading, not meant for children
(d) It is written in Chinese
3. The Hsus find that their Chinese relatives do not want American gifts, but prefer ____________.
(b) Picnics with the family
(c) Elegant luncheons
(d) Days in the mountains
4. The only father An-Mei knows is ___________________.
(a) Her uncle
(b) Popo's husband
(c) The one in a large portrait
(d) Her mother's husband
5. Between the child and mother there is a discernible sense of ______________________________.
(a) Love and affection
(b) Strong communication
(c) Disappointment and anger
(d) Bonding between them
Short Answer Questions
1. The mother's superstitions may have been confirmed when ___________________________.
2. In order to promote her fertility, Lindo was given ________________________.
3. Lindo Jong's family treated her ________________________________.
4. Throughout the discussion between the mother and child, the mother continues to _______________.
5. An-Mei's brother lost his happiness when _______________________________________-.
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)