|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Parable.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The child finally decides to ______________________.
(a) Defy the mother
(b) Run away from home
(c) Be a better child
(d) Try a different route
2. Lindo's mother-in-law _______________________________.
(a) Raised Lindo as her own child
(b) Helped Lindo learn to read
(c) Isolated Lindo throughout her childhood
(d) Taught Lindo to be a good housewife
3. What was Ying-Ying feeling at the end of the Moon Lady play?
(a) Fear over the enormity of the drama
(b) Despair for the Moon Lady's grief
(c) Guilt for becoming lost from her family
(d) Hungry for the peach Moon Lady ate
4. What was Ying-Ying's unspoken wish?
(a) To become old
(b) To be found
(c) To be trusted
(d) To not be afraid
5. Suyuan Woo's beautiful mah jong table was made of __________________.
(a) Hong mu
Short Answer Questions
1. The mother's fear for her child is that _______________________________________.
2. An-Mei's mother left her behind in order to _____________________________________________.
3. The child cannot read about the Malignant Gates because _______________________________.
4. Auntie had a tongue "like hungry scissors _________________________.
5. Popo says a girl who refused to listen to her elders ___________________________.
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)