|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Parable.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Popo says a girl who refused to listen to her elders ___________________________.
(a) Turned into an overrripe squash
(b) Grew a large white melon in her stomach
(c) Eventually poisoned herself
(d) Shook her brains out of her ear
2. An-Mei Hsu grew up with ___________________________________.
(a) Her grandmother and her little brother
(b) Her mother and father
(c) Her father and her little brother
(d) Her auntie and uncle
3. In order to promote her fertility, Lindo was given ________________________.
(a) Scissors and sewing needles
(b) Polished dowry furniture
(c) Gold and jewelry
(d) Strong backrubs
4. When in China, the women of the Joy Luck Club were not allowed __________________________.
(a) To drink more than one cup of tea
(b) To leave before sixteen hours were up
(c) To think a bad thought
(d) Focus on winning
5. The Hsus find that their Chinese relatives do not want American gifts, but prefer ____________.
(a) Elegant luncheons
(c) Picnics with the family
(d) Days in the mountains
Short Answer Questions
1. "Popo" is An-Mei's ________________________.
2. In Chinese culture, respect for one's ancestors is called ___________.
3. Ying Ying was disappointed to find out the Moon Lady in the play _________________________________.
4. Tyan-Yu was _____________________________.
5. An-Mei's mother left her behind in order to _____________________________________________.
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)