|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Parable.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. An-Mei's mother left her behind in order to _____________________________________________.
(a) Have her raised by a woman who was more stable
(b) Save An-Mei from her own humiliated station in life
(c) Let her have a life with her younger brother
(d) Save her from her new husband's disregard
2. Lindo Jong is promised in marriage when she _________________________.
(a) Is twelve-years-old
(b) Reaches adolescence
(c) Is old enough to consent
(d) Is two-years-old
3. When Ying-Ying got dirty with turtle blood, Amah was afraid Ying-Ying's mother would _______________________________.
(a) Send them to Shang Hai
(b) Split them up
(c) Banish them both to Kunming
(d) Banish them from the village
4. What was Ying-Ying feeling at the end of the Moon Lady play?
(a) Despair for the Moon Lady's grief
(b) Hungry for the peach Moon Lady ate
(c) Fear over the enormity of the drama
(d) Guilt for becoming lost from her family
5. Auntie had a tongue "like hungry scissors _________________________.
(a) tearing at the heart."
(b) cutting my confidence."
(c) eating silk cloth."
(d) cutting a colorless winter melon."
Short Answer Questions
1. The child finally decides to ______________________.
2. How did Ying-Ying end up in the water?
3. The only father An-Mei knows is ___________________.
4. When in China, the women of the Joy Luck Club were not allowed __________________________.
5. In order to promote her fertility, Lindo was given ________________________.
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)