|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Parable.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ying-Ying's family is __________________.
(a) A fishing family
(b) A poor family of servants
(c) A boat family
2. The winner of the American Mah Jong game takes home _________________________.
(a) Leftover food
(c) City savings bonds
(d) Stock certificates
3. The Twenty Six Malignant Gates is about _____________________________________________.
(a) The dangers present when one travels on wheels
(b) The crime that lies beyond the gates
(c) The diseases that are contagious and looming outside
(d) The bad things that can happen outside the house's protection
4. Suyuan Woo's husband leaves her to __________________________.
(a) Get far from Kweilin
(b) Defect to Japan
(c) Make his way to Shanghai
(d) Fight for the Chinese Army
5. The symbolic burning of the Five Evils was actually ___________________________.
(a) A green coil of burning incense
(b) A cooling ritual
(c) A box with Five Evils inside
(d) A box containing insects
Short Answer Questions
1. The child finally decides to ______________________.
2. How did Ying-Ying end up in the water?
3. The child's mother responds to the question about the twenty six gates, by _________________________________.
4. Throughout the discussion between the mother and child, the mother continues to _______________.
5. Amah is Ying-Ying's ___________.
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)