|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Parable.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Popo" is An-Mei's ________________________.
(a) Maternal grandmother
(b) Best friend
2. The Mah Jong tiles are arranged into ___________________.
(a) Four columns
(b) Three stacks
(c) Four walls
(d) Three piles
3. Lindo Jong's family treated her ________________________________.
(a) As though she were a ghost
(b) As though she was an unwanted child
(c) As though she belonged to someone else
(d) Like an orphan they cared for
4. The Hsus find that their Chinese relatives do not want American gifts, but prefer ____________.
(a) Days in the mountains
(b) Elegant luncheons
(c) Picnics with the family
5. Lindo was able to convince her in-laws to end her marriage by ______________________________.
(a) Crying and wailing
(b) Being infertile
(c) Playing into their superstitions
(d) Offering them all of her gold
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ying-Ying end up in the water?
2. An army officer told Suyuan Woo _________________________________-.
3. An-Mei's mother shows up ___________________________.
4. What was Ying-Ying's unspoken wish?
5. Throughout the discussion between the mother and child, the mother continues to _______________.
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)