|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Parable.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The child finally decides to ______________________.
(a) Try a different route
(b) Run away from home
(c) Be a better child
(d) Defy the mother
2. Lindo Jong is promised in marriage when she _________________________.
(a) Is twelve-years-old
(b) Reaches adolescence
(c) Is two-years-old
(d) Is old enough to consent
3. An-Mei's brother lost his happiness when _______________________________________-.
(a) His abusive aunt told him about his mother
(b) His father watched him from a painting
(c) His grandmother began to die
(d) His grandmother punished him for laughing
4. The child's mother responds to the question about the twenty six gates, by _________________________________.
(a) Silently ignoring the child's question
(b) Writing the bad things on paper
(c) Dragging out an old Chinese book
(d) Holding and rocking the child
5. In the city, a new type of thinking allows _________________________________.
(a) Women to choose their husbands
(b) A woman to marry without permission
(c) A man to choose his own wife
(d) People to live together unmarried
Short Answer Questions
1. Lindo's mother-in-law _______________________________.
2. The child of this Chinese mother proves to be ______________________________.
3. At the Mah Jong table, Suyuan Woo always sat _________________________-.
4. Jeing-mei learns that her mother's lost babies ______________________________________.
5. The pregnant servant girl became convinced that she ____________________________.
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)