|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Parable.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Very few guests attended Lindo's wedding because _______________________________.
(a) The Japanese had invaded the area
(b) It was raining
(c) :Lindo's future husband was not well-liked
(d) The wedding was not important to the village
2. Ying-Ying's family is __________________.
(b) A poor family of servants
(c) A boat family
(d) A fishing family
3. Popo says a girl who refused to listen to her elders ___________________________.
(a) Grew a large white melon in her stomach
(b) Shook her brains out of her ear
(c) Eventually poisoned herself
(d) Turned into an overrripe squash
4. An-Mei's brother lost his happiness when _______________________________________-.
(a) His abusive aunt told him about his mother
(b) His grandmother punished him for laughing
(c) His grandmother began to die
(d) His father watched him from a painting
5. An-Mei's mother left her behind in order to _____________________________________________.
(a) Save her from her new husband's disregard
(b) Save An-Mei from her own humiliated station in life
(c) Let her have a life with her younger brother
(d) Have her raised by a woman who was more stable
Short Answer Questions
1. Jeing-mei learns that her mother's lost babies ______________________________________.
2. Suyuan Woo hoped her daughter _________________________________.
3. An-Mei's mother shows up ___________________________.
4. An-Mei Hsu grew up with ___________________________________.
5. The child of this Chinese mother proves to be ______________________________.
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)