|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Parable.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lindo became aware of who she really was when ________________________________.
(a) She went to the river and slept
(b) She saw herself on her wedding day
(c) She first saw Tyan-yu
(d) Concentrated on becoming pregnant
2. In Chinese culture, respect for one's ancestors is called ___________.
3. Suyuan Woo hoped her daughter _________________________________.
(a) Would grow up to be like her
(b) Would not be like Waverly Jong
(c) Had a talent for playing piano
(d) Would grow up to be a tax attorney
4. The Mah Jong tiles are arranged into ___________________.
(a) Three piles
(b) Four walls
(c) Three stacks
(d) Four columns
5. The child cannot read about the Malignant Gates because _______________________________.
(a) It is written in Chinese
(b) It is adult reading, not meant for children
(c) Her mother refuses to let her see the book
(d) It is far beyond her reading level
Short Answer Questions
1. Between the child and mother there is a discernible sense of ______________________________.
2. Jeing-mei learns that her mother's lost babies ______________________________________.
3. What was Ying-Ying feeling at the end of the Moon Lady play?
4. Lindo was forced to live with her future in-laws because ______________________________________.
5. Ying Ying was disappointed to find out the Moon Lady in the play _________________________________.
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)