|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Parable.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The pregnant servant girl became convinced that she ____________________________.
(a) Was doomed to live in poverty
(b) Was in love with Tyan-yu
(c) Was of imperial ancestry
(d) Had caused Lindo's infertility
2. When in China, the women of the Joy Luck Club were not allowed __________________________.
(a) Focus on winning
(b) To think a bad thought
(c) To drink more than one cup of tea
(d) To leave before sixteen hours were up
3. The mother appears certain that _________________________.
(a) The child will respect her wishes
(b) The child will be captured
(c) The child will fall
(d) The child will be obedient
4. In the city, a new type of thinking allows _________________________________.
(a) A woman to marry without permission
(b) A man to choose his own wife
(c) Women to choose their husbands
(d) People to live together unmarried
5. Jeing-mei learns that her mother's lost babies ______________________________________.
(a) Wished she had not raised her in America
(b) Died while searching for her lost babies
(c) Died a very poor woman
(d) Have been found alive and well
Short Answer Questions
1. An-Mei's mother left her behind in order to _____________________________________________.
2. The child of this Chinese mother proves to be ______________________________.
3. Lindo was able to convince her in-laws to end her marriage by ______________________________.
4. An-Mei lives in the house owned by ___________________________.
5. The child in this parable is __________________.
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)