|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Parable.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Very few guests attended Lindo's wedding because _______________________________.
(a) :Lindo's future husband was not well-liked
(b) It was raining
(c) The wedding was not important to the village
(d) The Japanese had invaded the area
2. Lindo was forced to live with her future in-laws because ______________________________________.
(a) Her family disowned her
(b) Her dowry had gotten large enough
(c) A flood wiped our her family's home
(d) She was too old to stay at home
3. Lindo Jong's family treated her ________________________________.
(a) As though she belonged to someone else
(b) As though she were a ghost
(c) Like an orphan they cared for
(d) As though she was an unwanted child
4. Tyan-Yu was _____________________________.
(a) Like a small child who never grew up
(b) Much like a brave Chinese warrior
(c) An overbearing brute of a husband
(d) A sex addict
5. In Chinese culture, respect for one's ancestors is called ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ying-Ying's family is __________________.
2. The child in this parable is __________________.
3. The child of this Chinese mother proves to be ______________________________.
4. Ying Ying was disappointed to find out the Moon Lady in the play _________________________________.
5. The Hsus find that their Chinese relatives do not want American gifts, but prefer ____________.
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)