|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Parable.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Hsus find that their Chinese relatives do not want American gifts, but prefer ____________.
(a) Elegant luncheons
(c) Picnics with the family
(d) Days in the mountains
2. The Twenty Six Malignant Gates is about _____________________________________________.
(a) The crime that lies beyond the gates
(b) The dangers present when one travels on wheels
(c) The bad things that can happen outside the house's protection
(d) The diseases that are contagious and looming outside
3. What was Ying-Ying feeling at the end of the Moon Lady play?
(a) Hungry for the peach Moon Lady ate
(b) Despair for the Moon Lady's grief
(c) Fear over the enormity of the drama
(d) Guilt for becoming lost from her family
4. In the city, a new type of thinking allows _________________________________.
(a) A man to choose his own wife
(b) A woman to marry without permission
(c) People to live together unmarried
(d) Women to choose their husbands
5. An-Mei's mother shows up ___________________________.
(a) To retrieve An-Mei and her brother
(b) To reconcile with her children
(c) To challenge An-Mei's aunt
(d) To help her mother in her illness
Short Answer Questions
1. The mother's fear for her child is that _______________________________________.
2. The mother's superstitions may have been confirmed when ___________________________.
3. In this parable, the corner represents ________________________________.
4. Mah Jong is __________________.
5. The mother appears certain that _________________________.
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)