|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Parable.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The eternal aspect of Lindo's marriage was symbolized _________________________________.
(a) A ceremony with red scarves
(b) With a candle lit at both ends
(c) A tea ceremony about eternity
(d) A ride through town on a palanquin
2. Lindo became aware of who she really was when ________________________________.
(a) She saw herself on her wedding day
(b) Concentrated on becoming pregnant
(c) She first saw Tyan-yu
(d) She went to the river and slept
3. The winner of the American Mah Jong game takes home _________________________.
(a) Leftover food
(b) Stock certificates
(c) City savings bonds
4. What was Ying-Ying's unspoken wish?
(a) To be trusted
(b) To not be afraid
(c) To be found
(d) To become old
5. Ying-Ying's family is __________________.
(a) A fishing family
(c) A poor family of servants
(d) A boat family
Short Answer Questions
1. Lindo Jong is promised in marriage when she _________________________.
2. Ying Ying was disappointed to find out the Moon Lady in the play _________________________________.
3. Ying-Ying feels that both she and her grown daughter are ______________.
4. An-Mei's mother is considered a "ghost" because _________________________________.
5. The mother's superstitions may have been confirmed when ___________________________.
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)