|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Parable.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Ying-Ying feeling at the end of the Moon Lady play?
(a) Guilt for becoming lost from her family
(b) Hungry for the peach Moon Lady ate
(c) Fear over the enormity of the drama
(d) Despair for the Moon Lady's grief
2. Mah Jong is __________________.
(a) A board game
(b) A poker game
(c) Fortune telling
(d) A word game
3. Lindo Jong's family treated her ________________________________.
(a) As though she was an unwanted child
(b) As though she were a ghost
(c) As though she belonged to someone else
(d) Like an orphan they cared for
4. An-Mei's mother left her behind in order to _____________________________________________.
(a) Have her raised by a woman who was more stable
(b) Save An-Mei from her own humiliated station in life
(c) Save her from her new husband's disregard
(d) Let her have a life with her younger brother
5. The eternal aspect of Lindo's marriage was symbolized _________________________________.
(a) A ceremony with red scarves
(b) A ride through town on a palanquin
(c) With a candle lit at both ends
(d) A tea ceremony about eternity
Short Answer Questions
1. Auntie had a tongue "like hungry scissors _________________________.
2. An-Mei's mother is considered a "ghost" because _________________________________.
3. The child's mother responds to the question about the twenty six gates, by _________________________________.
4. When Ying-Ying got dirty with turtle blood, Amah was afraid Ying-Ying's mother would _______________________________.
5. The pregnant servant girl became convinced that she ____________________________.
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)