|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Parable.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Ying-Ying feeling at the end of the Moon Lady play?
(a) Fear over the enormity of the drama
(b) Guilt for becoming lost from her family
(c) Hungry for the peach Moon Lady ate
(d) Despair for the Moon Lady's grief
2. Lindo became aware of who she really was when ________________________________.
(a) She saw herself on her wedding day
(b) She went to the river and slept
(c) She first saw Tyan-yu
(d) Concentrated on becoming pregnant
3. Jeing-mei learns that her mother's lost babies ______________________________________.
(a) Have been found alive and well
(b) Died a very poor woman
(c) Died while searching for her lost babies
(d) Wished she had not raised her in America
4. The winner of the American Mah Jong game takes home _________________________.
(a) Stock certificates
(b) Leftover food
(c) City savings bonds
5. The child of this Chinese mother proves to be ______________________________.
(a) Strong willed and disrespectful
(b) Happy to stay where t is safe
(c) Happy and rambunctious
(d) Slightly slow
Short Answer Questions
1. Amah is Ying-Ying's ___________.
2. Throughout the discussion between the mother and child, the mother continues to _______________.
3. Suyuan Woo's husband leaves her to __________________________.
4. The mother appears certain that _________________________.
5. When in China, the women of the Joy Luck Club were not allowed __________________________.
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)