|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Parable.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The child of this Chinese mother proves to be ______________________________.
(a) Strong willed and disrespectful
(b) Happy to stay where t is safe
(c) Slightly slow
(d) Happy and rambunctious
2. At the Mah Jong table, Suyuan Woo always sat _________________________-.
(a) Slumped in her chair
(b) Facing the east
(c) Straight and rigid
(d) Sideways on her chair
3. The mother appears certain that _________________________.
(a) The child will fall
(b) The child will respect her wishes
(c) The child will be obedient
(d) The child will be captured
4. An-Mei's mother left her behind in order to _____________________________________________.
(a) Save An-Mei from her own humiliated station in life
(b) Let her have a life with her younger brother
(c) Have her raised by a woman who was more stable
(d) Save her from her new husband's disregard
5. How was Ying-Ying rescued from the water?
(a) She swam to a fishing boat
(b) She was pulled ashore by brigands
(c) A snake held her above water
(d) Fishermen pulled her up in their net
Short Answer Questions
1. The Mah Jong tiles are arranged into ___________________.
2. Ying-Ying feels that both she and her grown daughter are ______________.
3. The symbolic burning of the Five Evils was actually ___________________________.
4. The child's mother responds to the question about the twenty six gates, by _________________________________.
5. Jeing-mei learns that her mother's lost babies ______________________________________.
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)