|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Parable.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Very few guests attended Lindo's wedding because _______________________________.
(a) The Japanese had invaded the area
(b) It was raining
(c) :Lindo's future husband was not well-liked
(d) The wedding was not important to the village
2. Lindo's mother-in-law _______________________________.
(a) Helped Lindo learn to read
(b) Isolated Lindo throughout her childhood
(c) Taught Lindo to be a good housewife
(d) Raised Lindo as her own child
3. An-Mei's mother left her behind in order to _____________________________________________.
(a) Have her raised by a woman who was more stable
(b) Save An-Mei from her own humiliated station in life
(c) Save her from her new husband's disregard
(d) Let her have a life with her younger brother
4. The Twenty Six Malignant Gates is about _____________________________________________.
(a) The diseases that are contagious and looming outside
(b) The dangers present when one travels on wheels
(c) The bad things that can happen outside the house's protection
(d) The crime that lies beyond the gates
5. Mah Jong is __________________.
(a) A word game
(b) A poker game
(c) A board game
(d) Fortune telling
Short Answer Questions
1. Suyuan Woo's beautiful mah jong table was made of __________________.
2. Popo says a girl who refused to listen to her elders ___________________________.
3. The clothes Ying-Ying wears for the Moon Festival are ________________________.
4. The child of this Chinese mother proves to be ______________________________.
5. Lindo was able to convince her in-laws to end her marriage by ______________________________.
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)