|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, An-Mei Hsu, "Magpies".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rich's reaction to his unintended insults toward Lindo was _________________________________________.
(a) He never realized he had done anything wrong
(b) He admitted his bleak failure
(c) He was loyal to Waverly
(d) He thinks they do not like him
2. Jing-mei shocked the anger out of her mother by _______________________________________.
(a) Refusing to practice on the piano
(b) Telling her she was no genius
(c) Making reference to the dead twins
(d) Telling her she wished she were not her mother
3. Three days of sleeping may have given Rose _________________.
(a) A new strength
(b) A deeper sense of confusion
(c) A break from work
(d) New nightmares about Ted
4. Why did Lena feel she caused Arnold's death?
(a) She ate all of her rice
(b) She intended for him to die
(c) She compared him to lepers
(d) Because she wounded him emotionally
5. Jing-mei's piano recital was ___________________.
(a) A triumph
Short Answer Questions
1. Lena's paranoia is increased by ___________________________________________.
2. At lunch together, Waverly's mother _____________________________________.
3. The Twenty Six Malignant Gates is about _____________________________________________.
4. Lena is certain her mother is able to _________________________.
5. The mother appears certain that _________________________.
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)